Pretender Got My Heart by Sparkling Diva
Summary: Marie finds out that love hurts the hard way.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1096 Read: 2225 Published: 12/17/2007 Updated: 12/17/2007

1. Chapter 1 by Sparkling Diva

Chapter 1 by Sparkling Diva
Author's Notes:
I’m so sorry for writing this. This was actually written quite a while ago but I never got around to posting it. So it is very, very old, I’m sorry if it offends anyone but remember that I come in peace!
Thought the heart was worth something,
I just sold mine to somebody for nothing
Thought the heart was worth something,


She had tried so hard to catch Logan’s attention through all the years they were together but never nothing seemed to work. She guessed that she should’ve known better.

Love was a game, and he won too fast

She swore that she had fallen in love with him since the first moment she had saw him. Even though he was rough and somewhat independent, he had seemed to have a soft spot for her. Everything was seeming to be okay until Jean Grey came.

Yeah, love was a painkiller that never lasts

Almost immediately, she noticed that sparks were flying between Logan and Dr. Gray. Despite her commitment to Scott, no one was prepared for what would happen.

And I hate to say that I won‘t care for it no more
Yeah, it was real to start, but a pretender got my heart


Logan tried to keep his crush on Dr. Grey a secret and tried to be with Marie as much as he could. Years rolled by and Marie grew older, she was able to control her powers, and her friendship with Logan even had risen up a level. She could have even sworn that they were in love.

I caught you out

After graduation, Logan took her up to a sweep in a hotel since he needed to talk to her.

Pretender

They got there and he led the way in for her. His eyes never left hers.

I found you out

He confessed feelings for her in terms that she didn’t think anyone would come up with. She believed in him and agreed to trust him and that eventually led her to loose her innocence that night.

Love can be strange, when you‘re open and naïve

It was good. She had never ever been touched that way by anyone before and even though he was a rough man he was very gentle with her. They used protection to make sure that nothing bad happened. They fell asleep in each others arms and before they left to go downstairs the next morning, he made her swear to him that she wouldn’t tell anyone what happened. She said okay like a fool and not thinking of it much. He then kissed her and told her that no matter what happened, that he would still love her.

No one suspected a thing, well maybe everyone expect the Professor. He asked to speak with her and he warned her in a calm matter that even though Logan cared, what he was saying about love wasn’t real.

“That’s not true,” Marie said standing up angrily.

“I hate to say this Marie, but it is for your own good and safety. You know Logan. He’s more of a friend to you than anything.”

“No. I Don’t believe you,” she said back angrily, “He loves me. He promised that he’d take care of me. He could never hurt me. He’ll always be with me.”

“Do you know where he is now?”

With that she turned away and began running upstairs to his room.

~Scott, you have to get to Logan’s room before Rogue does now. There’s something there she shouldn’t see. Neither should you but you have to go to get her. I’m sorry Scott. I’m so sorry.~ He said sending him it telepathically.

“Logan. Can’t be just can’t. He loves me,” Rogue said in tears as she went up the stairs, “He can’t. He can’t.”

Love got a hold,

She reached his door and began to open it.

Got a gun,

She couldn’t believe the scene before her.

And then shot me

There was Logan and Jean in bed together completely naked.

They stared at her in shock especially Logan.

“Marie, please baby, let me explain,” he said as she slowly backed away to the door.

In the meantime, Scott came running up from behind.

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!!!!!”

“Scott…”

“Jean…Logan…Okay, Marie get out. GET OUT NOW!”

She kept backing away never looking away from Logan’s eyes.

And I hate to say that I won‘t care for it no more

Yeah, it was real to start, but a pretender got my heart

“Leave, Rogue NOW!!” Scott said in tears forcefully it scared her.

She ran down the stairs as Logan called her name after her.

I caught you out
Pretender
I found you out


She began to leave the building when Charles called her name but she wouldn’t answer and ran into the woods.

She stopped to get a breath but she knew that she had to keep going.

And now all I have is what you forgot
And it‘s all because of you babe
And all that my heart needs now
Is a resting place if it‘s not too late, oh


She couldn’t believe it. She felt as her life was ruined. She had given her all to the man she loved but he refused to love her in return. She couldn’t stand staying there anymore. She knew that she would have to get away. No, no matter what she would go away never to return again.



Pretender Got My Heart by Alisha's Attic

Thought the heart was worth something,
I just sold mine to somebody for nothing
Thought the heart was worth something,
but...

Love was a game, and he won too fast
Yeah, love was a painkiller that never lasts
And I hate to say that I won‘t care for it no more
Yeah, it was real to start, but a pretender got my heart

I caught you out
Pretender
I found you out

Love can be strange, when you‘re open and naïve
Love got a hold, got a gun, and then shot me
And I hate to say that I won‘t care for it no more
Yeah, it was real to start, but a pretender got my heart

I caught you out
Pretender
I found you out

And now all I have is what you forgot
And it‘s all because of you babe
And all that my heart needs now
Is a resting place if it‘s not too late, oh

I caught you out
Pretender
I found you out

I thought the heart was worth something
I just sold mine to someone for nothing
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2321