Goodbye by Sparkling Diva
Summary: Years later, it is time to say goodbye again.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1550 Read: 1440 Published: 12/14/2007 Updated: 12/14/2007

1. Goodbye by Sparkling Diva

Goodbye by Sparkling Diva
Author's Notes:
This was actually one of the first songfics that I ever wrote but just never got around to posting it. Oh well, here I am now!
Umbrellas covered the heads of all the sad mutant adults and children of Professor Xavier’s School for the Gifted and Talented.

Scott Summers held Jean Grey and Kurt Wagner held Ororo as they sobbed.

In front of the crowd was the young 22-year-old widow Marie. She was being held by her friend Bobby and held the hand of the Professor.

She was pregnant with her and Logan’s child for about 4 months now and didn’t know how she could possibly carry on.

Marie, take care of our baby please, the letter that he gave her before the mission said.

It was one of the most difficult missions that the X-Men had faced yet and Marie couldn’t go. There were problems with the government and experiments by evil genius scientists that were being conducted. Most of them were ones who handled the Weapon X procedure.

The one that Logan had gone through.

Only they knew what could really kill him.

Marie knew she had to move on without him. It would be hard but she would tell their baby girl about him and they would be able to live their lives in peace now that the war was over.

Listen little child, there will come a day
When you will be able, able to say
Never mind the pain, or the aggravation
You know there's a better way, for you and me to be


She knew that her daughter would grow up into the perfect young women, Marie would only dream to be when she was younger but never could be. Only Logan was able to make her feel that special.

Look for the rainbow in every storm
Fly like an angel, heaven sent to me


Marie would always take care of her and even though she knew that Logan was in heaven, she also knew that he would take care of her and their baby as well.

He would be their protector.

Goodbye my friend
(I know you're gone, you said you're gone, but I can still feel you
here)
It's not the end
(gotta keep it strong before the pain turns into fear)


She gave birth to Julia 5 months later. She was such a beautiful healthy baby.

Through all the pain of being a single parent, Marie kept going and felt Logan with her every step of the way. But still, she was certain that there would be many more steps to come.

So glad we made it, time will never change it

Despite hard times, Marie never felt sorry or ashamed of loving Logan. She would never ever feel sorry for that night they shared when they expressed their feelings and love for one another, nor the night of their wedding, and the good times they shared.

Just a little girl, big imagination
Never letting no-one take it away


Julia was a sweet little girl who had an amazing ability of seeing lost loved ones. She was also psychic and with one touch she could sense and take in people’s energies. People laughed when she swore that she saw and talked to Logan every night but Marie just smiled since her heart sensed that it was all true and not a childish lie.

Went into the world, what a revelation
She found there's a better way for you and me to be


She grew up and graduated tops of her class in downtown NYC. She got a lot of attention from many guys but the only ones she cared about was her dad and Zach.

Look for the rainbow in every storm
Find out for certain, love's gonna be there for you
You'll always be someone's baby


Zach was a teacher who later discovered he had a strong healing power. He and Julia met at a small book club gathering one night at school. They trusted each other and bonded so well and told each other everything. There was a 10 year age difference, but Julia didn’t care since she was happy and in love. In time, they were open about their powers. By then, Julia had finished college and was off to teach at Xavier’s institute. She invited Zach and he accepted to go teach there as well. This made the Professor pleased.

Soon enough, when she turned 23, they were engaged.

The times when we would play about
The way we used to scream and shout
We never dreamt you'd go your own sweet way


Everyone was overjoyed including Marie although she was sad at the fact that her daughter would belong to someone else now.

Look for the rainbow in every storm
Find out for certain love's gonna be there for you
You'll always be someone's baby


On the day of the wedding everyone was on their way to the church getting prepared. To calm down, Marie talked to her daughter.

“You ready?”

“I am.”

Marie began sobbing.

“Mom, don’t worry,” Julia said picking up her mother’s chin, “I’ll always be yours and daddy’s little girl. You’ll always be with me. So will dad.”

Just then the person who had agreed to walk her down the aisle, Charles, rolled up, and announced they were ready. They stood in their positions and the doors opened.

Goodbye my friend
(I know you're gone, you said you're gone, but I can still feel you
here)
It's not the end
(you gotta keep it strong before the pain turns into fear)
So glad we made it, time will never never ever change it


The wedding day was so pretty.

Everyone was there. Charles, Jean, Scott, Ororo, Bobby, Kitty, Kurt,
Jubes, Hank, and some of the new gang as well.

You know it's time to say goodbye

Charles walked her down the aisle and gave her hand to Zach as Kurt commenced the ceremony.

“Take good care of her,” Charles said to him.

“I promise,” Zach replied.

And don't forget you can rely
I will help, help you on your way


”You may now kiss the bride,” Kurt said in his thick German accent.

With that, they kissed, and the whole crowd cheered.

After letting go, Marie felt something like a cold chill and then heard a familiar voice say, “I’ll always be with you, darlin’.”

It was Logan.

Through her silent tears she stood up and gave her daughter a hug before she walked back down the aisle.

“Dad’s with you,” she said to Marie before leaving with Zach.

I will be with you every day...

Just halfway down the aisle, she turned back to smile at her mom, not only did she see her mom, but her dad too. He looked happy by her mother’s side and just smiled.

Julia looked at Zach. They both knew that there was a long journey up ahead but she knew that they were going to be alright.

Goodbye by the Spice Girls
No no no no, no no no no, no no no no,
Listen little child, there will come a day
When you will be able, able to say
Never mind the pain, or the aggravation
You know there's a better way, for you and me to be
Look for the rainbow in every storm
Fly like an angel, heaven sent to me
(Chorus)
Goodbye my friend
(I know you're gone, you said you're gone, but I can still feel you
here)
It's not the end
(gotta keep it strong before the pain turns into fear)
So glad we made it, time will never change it - no no no
No no no no
Just a little girl, big imagination
Never letting no-one take it away
Went into the world, what a revelation
She found there's a better way for you and me to be
Look for the rainbow in every storm
Find out for certain, love's gonna be there for you
You'll always be someone's baby
(Chorus)
Goodbye my friend
(I know you're gone, you said you're gone, but I can still feel you
here)
It's not the end
(gotta keep it strong before the pain turns into fear)
So glad we made it, time will never change it - no no no no
You know it's time to say goodbye - no no no no
(Bridge)
The times when we would play about
The way we used to scream and shout
We never dreamt you'd go your own sweet way
Look for the rainbow in every storm
Find out for certain love's gonna be there for you
You'll always be someone's baby
(Chorus)
Goodbye my friend
(I know you're gone, you said you're gone, but I can still feel you
here)
It's not the end
(you gotta keep it strong before the pain turns into fear)
So glad we made it, time will never never ever change it
No no no no - you know it's time to say goodbye
No no no no - and don't forget you can rely
No no no no - you know it's time to say goodbye
No no no no - and don't forget on me you can rely
No no no no - I will help, help you on your way
No no no no - I will be with you every day
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2309