Shattered by K Marie
Summary: Marie was left here, and Marie shattered.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 497 Read: 1344 Published: 12/09/2007 Updated: 12/09/2007

1. Shattered by K Marie

Shattered by K Marie
Author's Notes:
Sequel to "Rogue." Just felt it needed to be done. Again, no beta, cause it’s just right like this.

Professor Xavier made his way up to Rogue. "Rogue, Would you please meet me in my office in a few minutes."

"Sure thing Professor," sarcasm dripping. Knew this was comin'. she thought as Chuck made his way back to his office. Just figured it was a matter of time before he asked to see me. Wantin' to dig thru my head or somethin'. Whatever. He'll finally know the truth. I'm Rogue. No one else. She waited about ten minutes before finally heading towards the office. Rogue walked into the professor's office, and sat down. "So what's up doc?" Rogue questioned pulling her legs up into the chair.

"Rogue, I've been worried about you. Your behavior lately hasn't been—"

"You wanna know what's up. Wanna dig thru my head to see who's in charge, is that it?" she purred in full southern accent.

"Well, Rogue," he paused. "Yes. And I'm not the only one worried about you. Logan—"

"Oh, who the hell cares what Wolvie thinks?" she said standing up. "It's not like he knows me or anything. And just to let you know, I'm in charge. Me. Rogue." Rogue turned and left the room.



Logan watched as she pretended to read the book in front of her. He waited like a predator stalking his prey. And he was. He was stalking Rogue looking for any sign of Marie. If he waited long enough, she would show herself. Even if it's getting to be longer and longer in between her "visits". But this time he was lucky. There she goes. Wrapping her hair around her finger like she's Marie. He walked up to the table she was sitting at and stood behind her.

"Marie what the hell is going on?"

"I don't know what you mean Logan," she replied not turning to see him.

"Yes you do. You've been acting like a real bitch lately and it's not you. What the hell is up with you?"

"You really wanna know?" she stood up to look him in the face. "I know what you think is goin on. You think that somebody else is in charge up here. You and Chuck both. Well guess what, no one else is. It's still me. I'm just Rogue now. Marie is dead. She died after you left. You said you were gonna take care of her, and then you left. Left her here with you and Erik and David running around in her head. Then Jean and Charles tried to help. And they didn't. Marie was left here, and Marie shattered. Into a million pieces. I picked them up and put her back together again. You don't like it? Tough. You weren't here to help. Someone had to take charge."

Logan stared at Rogue, trying to find the words, but they wouldn't come. Rogue stared at him waiting for him to say something, and when he didn't she turned and left the room.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to the air.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2286