Rogue by K Marie
Summary: She's not Marie.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 691 Read: 1526 Published: 12/09/2007 Updated: 12/09/2007

1. Rogue by K Marie

Rogue by K Marie
Author's Notes:
This is not a happy story. I'm sorry. Sort of character death, but not really. Blame this story on everything that's pissed me off recently.
I yes I did it. I killed her. At some point between me stabbing her and the Statue of Liberty, Marie died. And the only possible conclusion is that I killed her.

She's not the girl that I brought to this place. That girl is dead.

The one living down the hall in her body is a monster. I don't know how, but no one else seems to notice, except the Professor. Maybe its because they didn't know her as well. Granted, I only knew her about a week before it all happened, but with the shit we went through you get to know someone. I knew her well enough to know that she is not Marie. And the Professor was worried about her enough to call me.

So I don't call her Marie anymore. Rogue is what everyone else calls her, so me calling her Rogue is no big deal. She's not Marie. Marie wouldn't do the things that Rogue's been doing, like openly chasing after Scott and cornering him when she thinks no one is around.

Marie was the girl with the big chocolate brown eyes, and the long brown hair who kept every bit of her skin covered up.

Rogue's the one asleep in Marie's bed, wearing nothing but that fake smile. Rogue's the one that runs around in miniskirts and hair dyed a different color every two days trying to cover the white streaks. That's one of the ways I knew that Marie wasn't in charge any more. Marie told me she liked the streaks before I left.

Sometimes, Marie must catch up with her. Which is why I think Marie is still alive in Rogue's head. Cause that's the only thing that would explain why Rogue sometimes does very Marie-like things; like twist her hair around her finger when she stares off into space, when she thinks no one is watching her.

But I'm always around and always watching. And one day, very soon, I'm going to catch Rogue while Marie's in charge and ask her what the hell is going on.


He thinks that I don't notice him staring at me all the time.

Or rather her, and he doesn't like her.

I know he is, because while he might be the Wolverine, he doesn't know shit about Rogue.

And I do. I let her take over, after he left, I couldn't take it any more. I needed someone strong, and he left me.

He promised to take care of me and then he left. Left me with him and Erik and David all running around in my head.

And I was supposed to be ok?

Hell no. I needed someone to take care of things, to get everything sorted out. Jean and the Professor for all of their trying to help me get it all sorted out didn't help. It was as bad as if I had made contact with them. Every time they tried to help, they left little pieces of themselves.

Which is why Rogue currently has a thing for Scott. Left over Jean memories or something. The fun part is when the Logan in my head still had a good bit to say about what I was attracted to and Rogue was chasing after Scott and Jean.

And nobody has thought to compare notes. Cause Jean won't tell Scott about me hitting on her, and Scott won't tell Jean about me hitting on him. Rather, Rogue hitting on both of them. And the Professor has never actually made any advances towards Storm.

Man, was that a fun day. Huge mind fuck the mansion day. All courtesy of Rogue, and no one would say a thing to anyone else about it.

Because no one wanted it to be true.

But it is. And there is no way around it.

And I think that's why he's back. He really had no reason to come back, so the Professor must have called him. Which means that the Professor suspects something. I can deal with that.

As long as they can deal with the fact that I'm not coming back. Marie's dead.

I'm Rogue now.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2284