The Way Home by Jules
Summary: It's time to go back.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Being
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1840 Read: 2256 Published: 12/07/2007 Updated: 12/07/2007

1. The Way Home by Jules

The Way Home by Jules
Rogue woke up, feeling happy and complete for the first time in such a long time. She'd made love for the first time, and lost her virginity while doing it. Most importantly, she found out that Logan loved her, her Marie, Rogue. No matter what name she went by, he'd always love her first and foremost. His warm, strong arms were wrapped tightly around her, one hand laying right under her breasts, the other on her abdomen.

Carefully she rolled over and straddled his body. Rogue started kissing around his chest and abdomen. Which woke Logan up real quick.

"Marie, do you have any idea what you're doing to me?"

She looked up at him with smoldering eyes, "Ah have an idea . . ." then she went right back to where she was before.

Logan pulled her up and started kissing her, rubbing against her, like she was him.

This went on for awhile, and by the time they finally got in the shower, it was around ten am, they shared one to 'conserve water', but they ended up taking more time then they would have taking two separate showers.

Finally they were dressed again, Logan in his spare shirt and jeans, and Rogue in black leather pants, and a brown silk button-shirt with three-quarter sleeves.

"Darlin', it's time to go home." Logan warned Rogue, breaking the silence.

"Do we have tah?" Rogue whimpered.

Logan rolled his eyes, "They are you're legal guardians."

"Fine, but Ah want three things. First, yah have tah stay this time."

Logan smirked, "Like there was any doubt that I'd be leaving again after last night?"

Rogue raised her eyebrow at him, then made her finally stipulation, a smirk on her face, "And, we get tah mess with their heads when we get there . . . But thirdly. Ah need tah tell yah something. Over the past year, mah powers have grown too. What Ah mean is, Ah can do more then just drain the life out of people. Now Ah can, help get their memories . . . even the ones they've forgotten, or that were buried so deep, they don't know where to find them anymore. Ah don't want an answer now, but just think about what Ah told ya."

Logan knew, this was going to take a lot of thinking over. The chance to remember, or to keep the past buried. Because whatever the result, no matter what he chose, it would affect his future with Marie. Maybe for better, but even possibly, for worse . . .


A few days later
Charles Xavier's School for the Gifted


It was mid-afternoon when the motorcycles pulled through the iron gates of the school grounds, so everyone was out and about. Including the members of the X-Men, who immediately recognized Logan, but wondered who the girl on the other bike in the leather and silk was. It couldn't be Rogue, because she didn't wear gloves. A dew rag was on her hair, and she wore sunglasses.

But the moment they were off the motorcycles they were all over each other, making-out like crazy. Finally they pulled away, and they walked bare-hand in bare-hand up to the school, right to Jean and Scott.

"Hiya Jeanie!" Logan greeted more cheerfully than he had ever in his life, "Hey Scooter!"

Jean was pissed, so was Scott.

"We have been waiting for word for you for two months, you show up back here with this sex-pot, and that's all you say?!" Scott demanded.

Rogue gasped, smiling, "Why Scott, Ah never knew yah felt that way!"

Then she took off her sunglasses.

Logan turned to her, "You were right, that was fun darlin'."

Jean huffed, "My God! Logan, you should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you take advantage of her like that! And Rogue, how on earth . . ."

"Shut up Jean." Rogue simply said, then cocked her head to the side, "Gotta go, the Professor wants tah see Logan and Ah. Bye!"

Then she forcefully pulled Logan inside, not wanting to give him a moment to provoke anyone.

They paused at Professor Xavier's door, then Rogue knocked on it.

"Come in." The elderly man called, "Please, sit down you two."

Logan sat down, then Rogue sat down in his lap, still holding hands.

The Professor noted it, "I see that you've managed a breakthrough Rogue."

Rogue smiled at him pained, "It took awhile, but yes, Ah've managed to control my powers, among other things."

"Wonderful. And now that you're back Rogue, I'd like for you to begin training, to join the X-Men once Scott deems you ready."

Rogue realized this meant they weren't going to discuss anything else about why she'd left, so she nodded a confirmation, "That would be nice Charles." The Magneto in her slipping out.

Professor Xavier nodded, and then focused on the other mutant in the office, "As for you Logan, you're spot on the team is always there for you, if you wish it. And I'm assuming that you will just be staying in your old room, am I correct?" he queried amused, knowing the true relationship of the two.

"Yep. And I'll think about the team idea."

"There's just one more thing. I'd like you Logan to join our staff, as the defense instructor. Also, it would be wonderful if as soon as Rogue graduates from here, next year of course unless she's able to catch up, to assume the role of teaching music. As we do not have an instructor for it. You are the only one around who is an accomplished pianist and violinist and with the knowledge of how to read sheet music. You are perfect for the job."

Rogue blushed. The whole 'accomplished pianist' thing was a secret, so was her ability how to play the violin. It had been a facet of her life she thought she'd left behind when she'd run the first time, and now the Professor was giving her an opportunity to do it again.

"Ah'd like that." Rogue answered.

"And Logan?" The Professor pushed.

Logan hesitated, but a well-placed elbow in his ribs changed his mind, "Whatever."

Rogue translated it, "In Loganise that means, thank you for the job."

"Wonderful. I'm sure you two need some sleep after your long journey. I'm sure Scott's looking after his bikes right now. You both nearly gave him a heart attack after each one of those went through the gates."

Logan smirked, "Someone's got to keep him on his toes."

Charles Xavier just smiled, "I'll see you two tomorrow, after breakfast in my office at 8 am. I plan on announcing my decisions about our discussions then, with the rest of the staff and team member. Rogue, we'll see what we can do about getting you caught up with your classes."

"Of course Professor."

Then they all parted company.



The next morning

Rogue woke up first, enjoying the sound of her lover's breathing next to her, then she looked at the clock, it was 7:52.

"SHIT!" She jumped out of bed, waking Logan up, "Sugah, get up, we're gonna be late to meet the Professor."

She felt very glad she'd showered the night before as she pulled on her leather pants, and put on a white top that's only back were the strings with held it on her body. She ran a brush through her hair, then tied a matching white doo rag on her hair, to keep it out of her face and make sure it wasn't obvious she didn't have much time to brush. A quick application of makeup, and a spritz of Mari-Mari and she was done.

Logan meanwhile was pulling on his jeans and a black shirt, knowing that Marie would kick his ass if they were late.

Before she ran out the door, Logan grabbed her arms and pulled her to him, kissing her passionately.

Rogue pulled away a few moments later, a little dazed, "Good morning to you too."

Then they hurried out and down to Professor Xavier's office. The two quickly went in, and were not surprised to see they were the last ones there.

"Overslept." Rogue mumbled, taking a seat on Logan's lap after he sat down in a chair.

Logan wrapped his arms around her, and rested his head on her bare shoulder, waiting for the Professor to start.

"It's quite alright. We only just arrived ourselves." Xavier assured them, "Now, as I was about to say. I've extended an offer to both Logan and Rogue to join the X-Men team. After Rogue's had some training of course, to be provided by you Scott. Also, they've both agreed to accept teaching positions. So as soon as Rogue graduates, she will begin teaching music at the start of the next semester. Logan will be taking over your defense class Scott, since you have so much on your plate."

"Sounds good to me." Scott agreed.

"There is more news, as you can see, Rogue here has mastered her powers. She has managed to, seemingly switch off her powers, and only uses them when necessary. Plus there are additions to them, but they aren't important. I would be most appreciative Scott, if you and Storm would be willing to help Rogue catch up with her classes, since it is summer vacation. I'm sure she wishes to complete her education as soon as possible."

"Of course." Storm agreed.

Scott just nodded his head.

"Wonderful. Before you all go, Rogue, I have had a piano delivered, and a Stradivarius, of your size, will arrive shortly, along with other instruments and sheet music. Jean, please lead her to the new music room, so she can become comfortable with her new surroundings. Logan, I wish to speak with you a little more however. That is all."

Grasping that they were dismissed, the rest of the party: Scott, Storm, Jean, and Rogue left.

Jean led Rogue down the hallway, making polite conversation.

"It's wonderful to have you back. We were all very worried about you while you were gone."

Rogue, had developed an ability to sense emotions over the past few months, much like an empath but nowhere near as powerful. It was part of her natural power, and she could tell Jean was sincere, but that she was holding something back.

"You're hiding something." Rogue stated as they walk, "Ah can sense it. You feel uncomfortable too."

"How do you . . ."

Rogue smiled at her, "Ah can feel your emotions. Ah can tell what people are feeling. But Ah don't feel them mahself, unless they are extremely strong."

"I see. Honestly, I have been feeling guilty. For a long time, about the way I treated you while you were here before. I guess I was just a little afraid of you. Scott made me realize that. I am sorry about that."

"It's alrahght. Ah understand Dr. Grey."

"Please, call me Jean. All my friends do."

That's when Rogue knew, things were going to be better this time around.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2275