Wolverine's Girl by aranenumenesse
Summary: Old enough to drive, drink and fuck.
Categories: AU, X3 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 5459 Read: 10754 Published: 01/03/2007 Updated: 01/03/2007

1. Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse

2. Chapter 2 by aranenumenesse

Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse
“I’m going to get you!” She heard Bobby holler somewhere behind and turned to look. Bobby approached rapidly, water balloon in his hand jiggling. It looked big enough to drown her. She skirted round the corner giggling madly and run head first to something hard and solid, falling down and landing on her butt.
“Watch it, kid,” angry growl reverberated from above her. She knew that voice. Every kid at the mansion knew it and feared it. Wolverine. Rabid dog of the X-Team. She heard Bobby’s footsteps retreating swiftly. Nobody wanted to stay around when Wolverine prowled in garden. Bracing herself she lifted her face and met his eyes.
“Um… Sorry. I didn’t mean to…” She started to apologize. Words failed her when she noticed his hands.

Kid had charged at him like a torpedo from nowhere, startling him. Startled Wolverine equaled Wolverine with claws. He had sprung them running purely on instinct. He took in her scent. No blood. Good.

“You alright, kid?” She heard him ask. She couldn’t answer. She had known about the claws. Who at Xavier’s didn’t? She watched when they slowly slid back in and she heard a slight hitch in his breathing. She reached one gloved hand and run a finger over his rapidly healing knuckles. Then turned her face back to his.
“Does it hurt when they come out?” She asked. Something flashed briefly on his face, his features softened a bit. Then impassive, hard mask fell back on its place.
“What the fuck do you think, kid?” Wolverine grunted and brushed past her, disappearing round corner.

“Shit! I thought he was going to skewer you!” Bobby exclaimed, walking to her.
“That why you stood beside me, oh my knight in shining armor?” Marie asked. Bobby rolled his eyes.
“Nope. That’s why I went flying! Those claws… Brr.”
“I don’t think he did it on purpose. He just got scared when I crashed on him.”
“Right. You sure he wasn’t planning on making some Rogue kebab?” Bobby smirked. Marie smacked him to the back of his head.
“Take that back! He wouldn’t hurt us!”
“And what makes you so sure?” Bobby asked, grinning smugly. She opened her mouth to answer, and no words came out. She couldn’t explain it. Couldn’t explain why she was dead on sure Wolverine wouldn’t lay a hand on them. And yet she was. Bobby’s grin widened.
“Rogue has a crush on Wolverine! Rogue likes Wolverine!” He started with a singsong tone.
“Oh, cut it, will you,” Marie hissed. She was used to Bobby’s antics by now. Soon the boy would forget the whole incident.

Marie yawned. She was tired, but couldn’t sleep. Kitty and Jubilee, her roommates were whispering and giggling over boys. She had stayed out from the conversation and tossed and turned on her bed till she couldn’t take it anymore and left their room with a pillow and a blanket tucked under her arm. She was going to get some sleep tonight. First she thought sleeping outdoors. Night was warm, but bench was cold and hard beneath her back. Light shone from rec room’s window, so comfortable couch in there was out of question. Probably some older students had rented a movie. That left only one option. There was a small lounge at teacher’s wing, furnished with plush leather couches.

She tiptoed as quietly as possible towards her target. She chose smallest of the three couches, curled on it and pulled blanket over her head. Sighed and listened the silence for a moment. Then drifted to sleep.

“Oh, shit…” Wolverine muttered, climbing the stairs rather unsteadily, grabbing the railing for support. Everybody else was already asleep. Fuck, they were out from the jet before it even had landed properly. He had stayed behind, as nearly always, waiting for his body to repair damages it had taken during a battle. No med bay and medications for him. No thanks. But would it hurt them to stay and talk with him sometimes? Just to keep company till he could drag himself back to the land of the living? Guess it was too much to ask.

Half way up he had to stop and sit down for a moment. Newly healed wounds on his lower abdomen threatened to tear open. He just sat there, breathing shallow and waited till he was fit enough to stand up again. Moments like this he could perfectly understand those white haired old timers with their walkers. Reaching the upper level of the stairs he turned towards teachers wing and took a couple steps. World tilted on it’s axis, everything went black and he fell.

Loud thud woke her. What was it? She bolted up; terrified she had been caught. Teachers were nice, but they wouldn’t approve her choice of sleeping place. After curfew students were supposed to stay in their rooms, not wander around and fall to sleep on hallway. She carefully peeked over the couch. There was a big, dark lump on the floor. She crept closer.
“Oh…” Wolverine lay there, curled on his side. She couldn’t smell alcohol on him. She crouched next to him and tapped carefully his shoulder. He didn’t move. She shook harder. He moaned and curled to a tighter ball, hands pressing against his stomach. Was he sick? But he didn’t get sick. Never. He was a healer. Healed from anything.
“Wake up,” she whispered. His head turned towards her and one eye cracked slightly open.
“Lemme be…” He slurred with a raspy voice.
“Are you alright?” She asked. Wolverine groaned, rolled on his knees and stood up, clutching his stomach.

Tissues inside him were knitting together. Burning and tugging sensation was far from pleasant. Every move he made sent another hot bolt coursing through his stressed system. He was going to be sick. His body rejected coagulated blood that had gathered to his stomach. He could feel it rising at the back of his throat. Finally he got his feet back in working order and hurried to his room. Slammed the door and dashed to bathroom. Kneeled in front of toilet bowl.

“Hey, Bobby! Stop it!” Marie giggled and screamed. Bobby lay on top of her legs and tickled her mercilessly. She knew she would get grass stains all over her if he didn’t stop immediately. She was out of breath and couldn’t stop laughing. Laughter was contagious. Bobby rolled off from her and succumbed under his own mirth.

“Oh… Can’t breathe…” Marie gasped. She had been a best friend with Bobby for years now. Where other students of their age had left Xavier’s for further studies, Marie had stayed. Bobby was studying engineering in Boston, she taught arts at Xavier’s. It was holiday season, and Bobby had come to visit her. Ever the joker he had attacked her from behind when she was trimming Ororo’s rose bushes and old-fashioned tickle match had ensued. Now they just lay on the lawn, enjoying each other’s company.

“How are things?” Bobby asked picking up his bags.
“The same. Nothing earth shattering,” Marie said brushing grass off from her jeans. Bobby caught slightly unhappy tone in her voice.
“Hey, what is it?” He asked.
“I’m not making any progress. Professor thinks there might even not be a switch!” For that Bobby frowned. From the day she was born, Marie had been unable to skin-to-skin contact. Her skin sucked life out from other living beings. She had been working closely with professor Xavier for several years now, trying to find a way to control it, maybe even turn it off.
“Has he really said so?” Bobby asked, not believing her. He couldn’t believe professor would intentionally crush her dream of touching someday without fear.
“He didn’t. But a week ago he stopped tutoring me. Told me something had happened and he was unable to help me anymore,” Marie said. They walked through hall and stopped at stairs.
“Your old room is ready. I’ll see you at dinner,” she said and they parted company.

She waited till Bobby disappeared to third floor and bolted back out. She needed to be alone. She was going to cry. She ran blindly, holding back her tears. She rounded the corner, intending to return to rose garden, when something big and solid filled her field of vision and she collided with it, landing gracelessly to a sobbing heap. Not able to hold back anymore she let out anguished cry and covered her face with her hands.
“Fuck! You alright, kid?” voice rumbled from above her. Through her tears she saw Wolverine standing there, claws extended.

Talk about homecoming! Same kid, same corner as ten years ago. And said kid was now bawling her eyes out. Wolverine sheathed his claws and kneeled. He couldn’t smell blood. He couldn’t smell fear. But kid was really hurting. He remembered a night ten years ago. His last night here. She had been there. Held him while he puked his guts out. Sat and talked to him till he fell asleep.
“Hey, little one… Hush…” He gathered her on his arms and stood up. Rocked back and forth and whispered sweet nothings till she calmed down.

“Thanks…” She wiped her nose to her sleeve and cringed seeing a wet blotch on wolverine’s jacket.
“Sorry about that,” she said pointing at it.
“Don’t worry. This jacket has seen worse things. Feel better?” Wolverine asked, hand on her shoulder. She took a shuddering breath.
“Little. Sorry that I fell on you like that.”
“Wasn’t the first time. Look, I came to see Chuck. Is he here?”
“Yes. He’s in his office. You remember the way?” Marie asked. Wolverine nodded and squeezed her shoulder gently, then went his way.

“Wolverine’s here,” Bobby said when they sat down.
“I know. I saw him earlier. He had some business with professor,” Marie said and stirred her soup. Soup? Who the hell ate soup for dinner?
“Was he still as scary as when we were kids?” Bobby asked.
“Scary? No. I don’t think he ever was scary,” Marie said.
“Oh, come on! He made every kid round here pee in their pants just by stepping the same room!”
“Talk about the devil…” Marie warned him and pointed at the door with her spoon.
“Jesus! He hasn’t changed a bit!” Bobby wondered when object of their conversation strolled in and made a beeline to coffeemaker.
“Why would he? He doesn’t grow old like the rest of us. That healing factor of his takes care of that,” Marie pointed out. Wolverine glanced briefly at their direction, and rest of the meal they sat in silence.

“Thank God for summer vacation,” she groaned and tried to focus her gaze.
“Thank God indeed,” Bobby nodded.
“See you tomorrow. But not too early,” Marie said to Bobby’s retreating back. She watched till Bobby disappeared to his room and slumped then down. She was going to get in her room. Just as soon as stairs stopped swinging. She took a firm hold from the railing.
“Step one…” Guess that final shot of tequila Bobby proposed was a tad too much.
“Step two…” She stopped and peered upwards. Too many steps to walk, she decided, let go of the railing and landed on all four. At least she couldn’t fall and break her neck if she was crawling. Could she?

She was nearly at the third floor when she heard footsteps from behind her. She stopped crawling and craned her neck to see who it was. Dark, hunched figure rose the stairs, leaning heavily to railing, and showed no signs of noticing her. Wolverine. He would walk all over her if she didn’t do something.
“Good morning!” She slurred. Wolverine lifted his gaze surprised, climbed rest of the stairs and slumped sitting next to her.
“You old enough to drink, kid?” He asked. She squinted her eyes. Yes. It was Wolverine. Not Scott.
“Old enough to drive, drink and fuck. Drinking and driving I have tried. Liked both, which is good, because fucking is probably something I will never get to try.”
“You’re shitting me. Good-looking broad like you… You probably have to beat off excess men from your porch.”
“I’m not shitting you. I’m probably going to die virgin. But fuck that. As long as I can drink, there’s no problem…” Marie said and wrinkled her forehead.
“Hey! You think I’m good looking?” She asked. Wolverine nodded.
“And totally smashed. Come on. Let’s get you to bed. You feel better in the morning.” He stood up and winced a bit.
“You going to take me to bed? I should warn you. I have a killer skin,” Marie told to him.
“And killer body to go with it. Can’t carry you. Can you walk?”
“I can crawl?” Marie demonstrated her ability to move by wiggling to third floor like a snake.
“Ok. Crawl to bed now, little one,” Wolverine smiled faintly.
“I can’t crawl to yours?” Marie pouted.
“Nope. I need to sleep. Had a rough night,” Wolverine said and leaned his back to his door.
“Drinking?” Marie asked. Logan slid to sitting position.
“Fighting. Waltzed with Sabretooth couple rounds.” Now she noticed his disheveled looks. Torn clothes. Tiny, red gashes all over him. She realized just few hours ago all those little gashes had been gaping wounds. Suddenly she was sober.

“Hey. Don’t fall asleep on me now. Let’s get you to your room,” she helped Wolverine up and pushed the door open.
“Need to vomit?” She asked. Wolverine shook his head.
“You weigh a ton!” She gasped helping him to lie down on his bed.
“Let’s get these clothes off from you,” she said, starting to peel off his ragged and bloodied uniform and boots. Wolverine tried to resist, but finally gave in.
“Promise not to take advantage of me?” He joked weakly.
“On girl scouts honor,” Marie swore. Wolverine snorted.
“Like you were a scout…”
“Better? Should I take these pants off too?” Marie asked after she had put away his boots.
“Could you?”
“I promise not to grope. But I don’t think leather’s that comfortable material for sleeping,” Marie said and opened his fly. Apparently he wasn’t wearing any underwear.
“Could you lift your butt a little?” Wolverine did as she asked and she managed to slide his pants over his hips. Rest came off easy.
“Oh, shit,” she huffed and plopped down beside him. All liquor she had consumed returned to her head with sudden burst.

She woke up.
“Oh, shit…” At some point of the night Wolverine had managed to pin her to the mattress. He lay half on top of her, head on her chest and hands curled around her waist. Luckily she still had her clothes on. She tried to squirm loose, but he just whimpered and tightened his hold, snuggling his face against the curve of her breast.
“Wolverine?” She tapped him on the shoulder. He yawned sleepily.
“It’s Logan. Stop fussing around.” His voice was thick from sleep.
“Could you let me go?” She asked.
“No.”
“Please. I don’t want to hurt you…” She practically begged. For that he lifted his head and laughed out loud. His eyes twinkled from amusement, and laughter rolled all the way up from his stomach.
“What’s so fucking funny?” She asked, slightly annoyed. He turned on his side, rather next to her than on top of her.
“You, kid.” Then he got off the bed and started to hunt clothes from various drawers and closets.

She watched him. His hard, muscled body moved surprisingly gracefully. There wasn’t a slightest hint of clumsiness in his moves. Muscles rippled under his tanned skin. He was much hairier than the type she preferred in her fantasies, but she filed every detail in her memory for later use. Way he stretched his back and rolled his neck. Bulging of his biceps while he put on his jeans. Shirt went on, covering his torso, and she sighed.
“Seen enough?” He asked, arching one eyebrow and she blushed. Busted. She decided to play along.
“Not nearly enough. But I’ll live,” she said, shrugging her shoulders and sitting up.
“Good. I’m hungry. Lets go and get something to eat.” Suddenly she remembered Bobby.
“Aww, crap! I promised to have breakfast with Bobby!” She moaned. Wolverine snorted.
“For that you are little late. But go get him and call it a lunch. You might just make it if you hurry.”

She didn’t make it. Bobby was gone. All his stuff was gone. From what she heard later, he had gotten a call, packed up and left without a word. Well, that was expected. He was graduating soon, and he had told her there had already been few quite lucrative job offers. So she had enough time for relaxing, vanilla scented bath before she went to eat.
Chapter 2 by aranenumenesse
Lights were dim. Their mood was dim. It rained outside. They both sat in the kitchen, wrapped up in grief. She had gotten cured from her mutation, and now she was loosing it. Her skin was slowly turning back on. He had killed the woman he loved.
“Fuck this. Lets go and see if we can get me drunk,” Wolverine huffed, dragging Rogue on to her feet.

“Technically we are not supposed to drink. We are on duty,” she reminded him when they walked in to roadhouse, just few miles from Xavier.
“Scooter’s dead, kid. I don’t need another tight-ass to tell me what to do, and what not to do. Tonight we will get drunk.” There was no malice in his voice. Instead he sounded tired, almost desperate.

Few hours later she was smashed. She couldn’t talk, think or walk straight. He had drunk at least twice the amount she had consumed, and was still stone sober. And slowly getting pissed off. Rowdy bunch of bikers had vacated booth next to theirs, and they were shouting proposals and whistling to Rogue non-stop.
“One more whistle, and I swear they can collect their lips from the floor…”
“Calm down. Drink some more,” she slurred and pushed bottle of whiskey towards him. Bottle nearly fell over, and few droplets of golden liquid splashed on her gloves. Gloves. For two whole weeks wonderful freedom, and now she had to wrap herself up again. Wolverine took her gloved hand and sucked few droplets away, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply.
“So. Didn’t have time to get laid?” He asked, turning her hand palm up, drawing lazy patterns on it with his fingertip.
“No. But I don’t care. And I seem to recall you had bit of a timing problem, too.” His eyes darkened a notch. He lowered his gaze to her hand he was holding.
“No. It wasn’t timing. It was who I am. And who Scott was. What they were together. He could give her things I couldn’t.”
“In the end you gave her everything she needed.” Wolverine’s grip from her hand tightened. His throat muscles worked furiously.
“Lets get the hell out of here,” he groaned with thick voice, stood up and dragged her after him, his hand firmly locked around both of her wrists. Bikers cheered and applauded. He didn’t even look, but she turned her head and stuck her tongue out, wiggling her ass for the good measure.
“So, where are we going?” She asked when they sat on his bike.
“Anywhere. Anywhere but here.”

Anywhere seemed to be small wooded area near the mansion. Narrow dirt path lead to a small clearing in the woods, and there he stopped the bike.

“It’s too much. Everybody needs something. Kids need teachers. Ororo needs help choosing the right ones. Hank needs this and that gadget and thingamajig. School needs to be repaired. We have to install better security systems. We have to hire new staff… I can’t do those things. I’m not wired to run a fucking school.” She sat next to him, plucking soft strands of grass from the ground and just listening.
“I was going to leave after it all was over. Leave for good. But now… I can’t. Jean once said good guys stick around. I wanted to be a good guy. I still want to be…” His eyes glazed over, and he just sat there.
“You’re going to blow a gasket if you try to please everybody. You’re no good to anybody if you don’t take care of yourself first,” Rogue said, and he turned to look at her.
“I don’t know how to make it work.”
“Make what work?” She asked.
“Life. Up until now everything was pretty simple. We’re the good guys. We go and kick some bad guy ass, go home and teach kids. Now there are no bad guys, just a bunch of misfit brats and handful of stressed up muties trying to juggle them through high school. I’m no good at it.” He unsheathed claws from his left hand. Moonlight reflected from them.
“This is what I do. This is what I’m good at.” She reached one gloved hand and run her fingers over dull edges of his claws. He shivered slightly and closed his eyes; claws hissing slowly back inside of him.

“You were never afraid. Other kids… I could smell them from the mile away. Not you. Why?”
“You never did anything to scare me. Bobby was afraid of you, but I think it was more jealousy. When we were kids, he had a crush on me. And I think he thought… He thought that I had a crush on you,” Rogue said, blushing slightly. Wolverine smirked.
“Bad guys turn you on?” He asked, and now she was blushing even more.
“Okay. It was years ago. I was just a kid back then.”
“What about that ogling few months ago? For educational purposes?” Wolverine asked, mischief shining in his eyes. She smiled and rolled her eyes.
“Aww, come on! You have a hot body! I’m a healthy girl with a healthy appetite. Porn sites in the net are interesting only so far…”
“I know you have a healthy appetite. I live next door,” Wolverine reminded her, tapping his nose.
“Oh, dear God… Kill me now…” She hid her face to her hands. It was one thing to masturbate, and totally other to be reminded of it.
“Doesn’t bother me. Have to admit I was quite flattered the other morning…” And that was an understatement.

From the smell of things Rogue had been about to come. He had pressed his ear against the wall, out of curiosity. He had wanted to know about whom untouchable girl had been dreaming. His day had turned from worse to better, when he had heard her gasp his name. Not Wolverine, but Logan.

“Is it just me, or has this conversation taken a weird turn at some point?” Rogue asked cheeks covered in rosy hue. Wolverine snorted.
“Weird? Hardly. Interesting? Definitely. I think we are getting in to something here…”
“Well, at least we’re not moping around anymore, so I guess this could be considered improvement,” Rogue giggled.
“Yeah… There are ways around it.” He suddenly said, serious look on his face.
“Ways around what?” She was still giggling a bit, but it was halted when he took off her lacy scarf and covered her face with it, leaning closer.
“I’m going to kiss you now.”

First kiss was slow and gentle, almost a whisper. His lips traced hers lightly, pressing only close enough to breathe same air with her. Suddenly she wasn’t drunk anymore. She was in the woods with Wolverine, and he was kissing her. She pulled back abruptly.
“What are you doing?”
“Apparently something I shouldn’t do,” he muttered, releasing her and turning his gaze to the ground. Her mind was still reeling from the sensations his kiss had evoked in her body. Her first kiss. She was twenty-five, and she had just gotten her first kiss. Her whole body was humming with energy. A kiss. He had actually kissed her.
“Logan?” From the sound of that name his head snapped up, eyes fixing to hers.
“Marie. My real name is Marie.”

There were tears on her face, but she was smiling.
“Thanks. I really mean it. I thought I never… I thought everybody would be too afraid of me…”
“Come here,” he murmured, pulling her closer and wrapping an arm around her shoulders, placing her head on his chest. She could hear his heart beat through his clothes. Slow, steady rhythm.
“I know what it’s like. Live your life surrounded by people who are afraid of you. I have to admit I never gave you more thought than for the others. You were just one of the kids. That one morning when I woke up with you… You said you didn’t want to hurt me. After that I have been thinking about you from time to time. You are the first person who wasn’t afraid of me, but afraid for me. It felt nice. There are not too many nice things in my life. I’m guessing it’s the same with you.” He played with a strand of her hair while he spoke.
“I would like us to have nice things in life. Right now either of us I ready for it. But later I will ask you a question. Later. When we are both ready to go on with our lives.” His hands disappeared from around her and she felt him shifting a bit. Soft, clinking noise.
“Hold out your hand.” She opened her hand, palm up. He lowered his dog tag to her hand, followed by its chain and closed her fingers around it.

Next weeks were spent in grueling work, rebuilding the school, providing kids education, comfort and safety. Surprisingly many of them had returned, and more were coming every day. Teachers and other staff had barely time to rest and eat. For Rogue it all stopped one morning, when temporary school nurse called her to med lab.

“He wouldn’t let me touch him. Peter and Warren brought him in…” Woman was stuttering.
“He can be stubborn ass when he wants to… Oh my God!” Wolverine lay on a gurney. Thick iron rod protruded from his upper chest. Angry, warning snarl erupted from him when she approached him with the nurse.
“They said he fell from the scaffolding. Straight to a pile of those,” nurse said, pointing at the rod.
“He got rest of them out easily, but I think that one is lodged against something. He won’t let me close enough to see…” Nurse was babbling. She was horrified.
“Marie?” His voice was hoarse, thick from pain. She walked closer, so that he could see her.
“Get. Her… Out!” He rasped.

Nurse obeyed willingly. She practically ran out, slamming the door behind her.
“And now we have gotten rid of that pesky professional. How about I’ll go and try to find nice and friendly blacksmith to help you out?” She asked, putting her hands on her hips and tilting her head.
“Fuck you, too, kid. Pull it out,” he growled.
“Be nice, or else I leave you here to rot.” He closed his eyes and forced conversational tone to his voice.
“I promise not to spank you too hard, if you yank that rod out of me right now. Nice enough?”
“That spanking part sounded kind of promising. On three?” She said, wrapping her hands around the rod. She could actually feel his pulse throbbing through it.
“One…” He started, and she pulled with all she got. Rod slid out, accompanied with metal against metal grinding sound.

“Fuck! Aren’t you supposed to be a teacher? What kind of… Fucking quacks they hire in here? Can’t you count?” Wolverine lay curled to his side on the floor, clutching his shoulder.
“Does that mean there will be no spanking?” She asked, turning on her most innocent face. Eyes wide and lips trembling.
“Ohh… Trust me, little girl… There will be spanking soon enough…” Wolverine was getting on his knees, and something positively feral lurked in his eyes.
“Oh… Uh… And this is the part where I run?” Rogue squeaked and sprinted out, highly amused and slightly aggravated Wolverine hot on her heels.

She got as far as to an elevator. Wolverine lunged in after her, and pinned her against the wall with his body, securing her wrists above her head with his other hand. When door closed, he reached the control panel with his other and locked down the cart.
“All that talk about spanking… Feeling naughty today?” He hissed.
“Well, you started it.” His eyes trailed over her features, devouring every inch of her face, finally stopping to her cleavage, where his tag lay.

His bare lips brushed over hers, briefly enough to fool her skin. Yet it was enough to wake her untouched body. Scent of her arousal was still weak, but promising.
“I told you I would ask you something. I’m not going to ask it yet. I have some business to take care of first.” He kissed her on top of her head and released her, unlocking the elevator.

“Hi. Sorry I didn’t come earlier. Things have been kind of hectic around here lately.” He was sitting next to her grave. Beautiful, white marble stone, decorated only with her name. Jean Grey-Summers.
“This place was a mess. Nobody knew what to do, and how to do it. But we made it. It’s getting easier now. New wing is almost ready. You would like it. Big class rooms, lots of light, high roofs.” He sighed. This was the one task he had been putting off.
“I… I’m sorry. Sorry for the way it happened. I was quite angry for you at first. Then she made me understand. I still miss you. All of you guys. Even Scooter. But it’s getting better. Every day is little easier. And I have one person to thank for it.” He glanced up to the sky. Strange tightness in his throat made his voice all weird.
“When I first saw her, she was just a kid. Noisy little brat. You should see her now. You would be proud of her. That cure she took… It wore off. She’s just as lethal as she was before. But she’s not afraid of it anymore. At least not with me.” He paused for a moment. How the hell this could be so hard?
“I guess I just came to tell you… I came to thank you. You made me want to be the good guy. And I think it’s working now.”

She sat in the kitchen when Wolverine walked in. He looked relieved and relaxed, even giddy, walking to the fridge and taking a bottle of beer. He plunked it on the counter and sat opposite her. He fiddled with the etiquette for a while, and then took a deep, calming breath.
“Remember when I said I wanted some nice things to happen for both of us?” He asked, still little unsure how to continue. Rogue nodded.
“My tag was my promise. I promised I would try to make those things happen. Do you trust me?” He asked.
“Yes. I have trusted you always,” she whispered.
“Marie… Will you be my girl?”

Kiss they shared now was more heated than earlier ones. Hands roaming and groping almost desperately, teeth gnashing together. It took her nearly a full minute to notice they were touching skin-to-skin, and nothing bad was happening. Then he did things to her body, things that made it quite difficult to think straight, so she pushed it off from her mind for now, just enjoying when his hands caressed her bare breasts. Bare breasts?
“Logan! What if somebody walks in…” She tried to resist feebly when he started to strip off rest of her clothes. He smirked and jiggled a key chain in front of her.
“Nobody but Kitty can get in. And she’s on vacation.” Keys flew to general direction of the table. Soon her jeans and socks followed. His clothes ended up to a same pile.

“I have always been your girl, Logan.”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=227