Frustration by J Marie T
Summary: Logan’s search for the past leads him to one thing... frustration.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Frustration
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 19705 Read: 3647 Published: 09/27/2007 Updated: 09/27/2007

1. Frustration by J Marie T

Frustration by J Marie T
Author's Notes:
~depicts dreams~ {personal thoughts} {{projected thoughts}}
1

It was frustration, plain and simple. Anger and frustration was more like it. One lead after another, all culminating in the same manner, frustration.

"Fuck," Logan cursed loudly, releasing a savage growl as he threw the scrape of metal in his hand firmly against the nearest wall. His fists clenched with frustration, the feel of sharp metal just beneath the surface of his skin. As the clanging of the scrape he'd thrown died down the audible grinding of metal on metal shattered the silence of the room, as adamantium claws were set free.

Wolverine lashed out in a rage, swiping his fists at abandoned machinery and overturned furniture. He snarled and growled like the animal inside of him as he made quick work of what little remained of the military bunker he occupied until there was only one thing left, frustration.

Surveying the damage with no satisfaction what so ever, Logan retracted his claws then sank to his knees. {Why does everything have to be so fucking difficult? Why can't something go my way just once?}

It had been nearly a year since Logan left Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters in search of his past. A year spent rummaging through the remains of a military base long since abandoned by everyone except the rats. A year since he'd enjoyed any contact with other people, choosing instead to remain isolated and to concentrate solely on his search. Of course there were the occasional bar fights for money but they were few and far between and he was only there long enough to make the cash he needed then it was back to isolation. At least those had been his intentions and, for the first couple of weeks, as he journeyed toward Alkali Lake in the northern Canadian Rockies, he'd been successful. More often than not during those first weeks he'd forced aside his feelings and focused on his destination but the more time passed the harder it became, thus adding another source of frustration.

For the first time in the fifteen or so years that he could remember, Logan could not stop thinking about a certain young woman. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't banish the thoughts of her. Every time he experienced a set back she was there, in his mind, smiling at him adoringly and somehow making it better. Every night when he laid down, frustrated and alone, she was there in his dreams to hold him. For months Logan fought off the feelings and images until all the fight was gone and then he gave in only to discover more frustration. Frustration because the object of his affections wasn't there with him.

Sitting on the floor of the devastated room he wondered for the hundredth time how she had managed to take possession of his heart without his knowledge or consent. When had she wrapped him around her little finger? {Like you don't know.} Logan snorted aloud at his errant thought. Yeah, he knew very well when it had happened, it was the first moment he saw her. The more pressing question now was when had his feelings changed?

Closing his eyes he recalled a definite turning point. As he regained consciousness after the battle with Magneto atop the Statue of Liberty, Jean had been at his side, tending his wounds. It was one simple statement that started him thinking. *I think she's a bit taken with you.* He had come back quickly with some bullshit comment that he couldn't quite remember but it hadn't fooled Jean, that was obvious enough by the look in her eyes. She'd started to say something else but he'd cut her off deftly asking about the professor and she'd smiled. He knew she knew everything and she knew that he knew and so it was dropped.

Still there was sometime before that when the change started and for the life of him he wasn't certain when. Maybe it was when she told him in her sweet southern accent "Ah don' want ya t' go" and he'd taken off his tag and wrapped her fingers gently around it. Maybe it had been when he removed his glove and touched her face willing her to take his healing power and bring herself back from the brink of death. Maybe it was at that moment when he'd gathered her limp body in his arms praying that she wasn't dead because of Magneto's contraption. Maybe it was before that when her screams for help prompted him to savagely extend his claws through his own body to release the bonds that held him firmly then allowed Storm to lift him on a tornado-force wind to her position high above. Maybe it was at the moment on the train when he realized that it was her that Magneto wanted or just moments before when he'd wrapped his arm around her shoulder and promised to protect her. Maybe it was even farther back then that, when he opened his eyes against his nightmare to find his claws piercing her chest, a painfully shocked expression on her youthful features. Maybe it was when he saw her panic as she was trapped in his burning truck, or when she asked whether his hands hurt when his claws came out (no one had ever cared enough to ask before). Maybe it was when he gave her food and offered her heat, or when he'd stopped the truck again after being intent on leaving her. Maybe it was when he first discovered her in the small trailer or maybe it was the first time he saw her from the metal cage in which he'd been fighting. It didn't really matter when it happened, just that it had.

Now nearly a year later it was almost all he could think about, his beautiful little Marie. {Since when did she become your property, bub?} Logan considered his silent question searching for an answer. He had no better luck in that search than he was having looking for his past. Once again frustration reared its ugly head and Logan growled deep in his chest.

Rising from the floor and swiping his hands down his body to remove the dust, he slowly sifted though what was left in the room. Upon finding nothing of importance he headed back outside, slamming the metal door loudly behind him with a grunt of satisfaction. Outside it had started to snow again, hell it was always snowing or so it seemed. Normally the cold didn't bother Logan but for some reason tonight was different and the bitter temperature made his whole body ache. It didn't take much of that to come to a decision. There was a small motel a short distance away in which he'd stayed several times, when he wanted a real bed, needed a shower or could no longer stand the smell of his own body on his clothes. At the moment it was a little of all three.

Straddling his only companion, Scott's liberated motorcycle, Logan kicked it to life and headed for town. Within half an hour he was unlocking the door to his motel room. Tossing his small bag on the floor between the two beds and kicking the door shut behind him, Logan headed for the bathroom peeling off layers of clothing as he went. Leather jacket, jeans jacket, flannel shirt, T-shirt, tank top, by the time he entered the small bathroom his chest was bare. After kicking off his boots he released the large belt buckle at his waist and removed his jeans and underwear in one fell swoop.

Logan stepped into the shower and turned the water on as hot as it would go. To most it would have been scalding but to Logan it was just right. He turned his back to the spray letting the heat penetrate the tightness of his shoulders and back. Rolling his neck under the cascading water he closed his eyes against the cracks and pops. By the time he felt his body start to relax the water was getting cool. Satisfied that he was somewhat clean without using soap, Logan turned off the water then grabbed a towel and dried off before hanging up the towel and moving back into the main room. Being naked was nothing new to him after all he'd spent nearly five years running naked through the forest before he realized he was a man.

After gathering his scattered clothing as well as grabbing what was in his bag, Logan went back to the bathroom. He filled the tub with lukewarm water then, kneeling on the floor he set himself to the task of doing laundry. Despite the number of garments he actually had, it took him nearly an hour to wash them thoroughly, due mainly to the fact that they were beyond ripe. As he finished with each item in turn he'd hang it to dry until finally his ragged backup pair of jeans were tossed over the clothesline he'd strung.

Making his way from the bathroom, more relaxed now thanks to the heat of the water, Logan yawned, his sleep-deprived body demanding a reprieve. With a grunt he peeled back the blankets on one of the beds and slipped underneath pulling them back up to his waist. Logan closed his eyes and waited for sleep to come, he didn't have to wait long.


~ Logan walked through the mansion that housed Xavier's school, his eyes darting into each room as he went. As he turned the corner his nostrils flared and he inhaled deeply knowing she was close. He followed her scent, quickening his pace to catch up to her.

She was so close now, he knew she was just outside. Moving through the door swiftly he saw her, standing a short distance away looking at him, her deep brown eyes drilling into his. Logan could only stare at the woman before him, he knew her but she was different. She still had the same thick auburn hair with the shocking streaks of white. Her eyes were the same doe-like brown though they seemed older and decades more mature. Her face had thinned out slightly except for her lips, which were even fuller than before. The thing that had changed the most was her shape, once girlish and undefined was now full of dangerous curves. Standing as she was in the moonlight, the bluish-white rays shining on her pale skin, she was more beautiful than ever.

"Hey," Logan called to her unable to think of something more charming as he stared at the flesh left bare around the slip dress she was wearing.

"Hey, yerself," Rogue returned with a smile in her usual southern drawl.

"I told you I'd be back," he was finally able to manage after tearing his gaze from her cleavage.

"Ah've been waitin', Logan," she assured him as she started forward.

Logan actually sighed, something he could never remember doing before, then moved toward her. "I've missed you, Marie."

Rogue smiled sweetly, closing the remaining distance between them. "Ah've missed ya too."

"I thought of you every day," Logan informed her, swallowing at the pathetic sound of his own voice.

"Ah thought of ya always," Rogue replied, her tone husky and warm. "Ah got a surprise fer ya."

"Yeah?" Logan asked his left eyebrow quirking.

Rogue's smile grew to include her eyes. "Yeah," she repeated, bringing her hand up slowly to rest against his cheek. "Ah can control it, Logan."

It took him a second to realize what she was talking about and a second longer to register the feel of her hand against his face, skin to skin. In a split second shock turned to something else as he grabbed her shoulders and pulled her to his chest, his hands smoothing down her bare arms.

Rogue shivered at the touch. She'd been able to control her mutation for a while now but no one had ever touched her like that. She shifted against his firm body and felt him respond in a way she'd never thought possible. Rogue pulled back slightly and looked up into eyes darkened with passion and wanting. She opened her mouth to question him but the feel of his lips on hers halted the action.

Logan pulled her tighter as he deepened the kiss, working to control his tightening body but after years of denial it was a lost cause. Without breaking the passionate kiss he lifted her off her feet and carried her back inside. He entered his old bedroom and gently lowered her to the mattress before lying down at her side, their lips still locked, their hands exploring.

"Logan," Rogue moaned as his hand skimmed her breast.

Before she knew it her dress and bra were tossed aside and Logan was eagerly worshipping her chest with hands and mouth. She arched her back in pleasure as the roughness of his tongue flicked across her painfully erect nipple. Wanting to return a degree of pleasure, Rogue pushed up into Logan prompting him to roll over.

Logan was about to protest the loss when Rogue straddled his stomach and started working against the buttons of his shirt. An aroused growl issued from his throat as her ass rested lightly against his throbbing cock through his jeans and her panties.

Rogue finally managed to divest Logan of his multiple shirts and lowered her lips to engulf a tight nipple. She had barely made contact when Logan pushed her back and sat up forcing her into his lap.

"I need you, Marie," he whispered hoarsely.

"Ah'm yers, Logan," she returned breathlessly, reaching for his belt buckle. Her hands were trembling so much in anticipation that they were barely functioning.

Quickly Logan helped her removed the last of his clothing and waited as patiently as possible while she explored before sliding off the final barrier between them. Laying her back down on the mattress, Logan ran a hand up the inside of her leg. He could easily smell her arousal but he wanted to make sure. "Spread your legs," he ordered lightly in her ear as his hand approached her center.

Rogue obeyed the command just as Logan's hand reached the junction of her legs. She gasped and shuddered at the contact, her heart pounding, her breathing ragged.

"Darlin', there's so much I want to do to you but right now I have to be inside you," Logan begged.

"Ah'm yers," Rogue repeated a second time as he positioned himself over her.

Logan leaned down to kiss her as he brought his throbbing flesh close to hers. At the moment of first contact, a knock at the door startled them both. ~


Logan woke with a start to the insistent pounding on the door. It took him a moment to remember where he was. Images from the dream haunted him and he was painfully aware of the arousal they had caused. Once again frustration and anger mixed as he sprung from the bed, stalked across the room and ripped opened the door.

"Sorry t' wake ya, son," the old man from the motel office the night before started before he got a look at the man inside, the naked, hairy, upset and obviously aroused man inside.

"What!" Logan snarled while every muscle in his body tensed with anger and frustration.

The old man forced his gaze to the young man's face. "Like I said, sorry t' wake ya but I thought ya might want some breakfast while it's still warm."

Logan took a sniff of the plate the man was holding then reached out and grabbed it from him with a growl. Without a word he turned around and slammed the door behind him.

The motel clerk's eyes widened for a moment at the odd exchange then he returned to the office.

Dropping the plate of food onto the dresser as he passed, Logan moved to the foot of the bed and carefully sat down. He was going to have to do something soon because those dreams were getting out of hand and frankly he was getting tired of his hand. It wouldn't be so bad if the dreams ever made it to the grand finale but every time he got to the point of penetration, something would wake him. {Just another fucking curse.}

Moving from the bed to the bathroom, Logan took care of his problem before taking another long, hot shower. After drying off he checked his clothes to find them still wet then turned his attention to the now cold food. Grabbing the plate he moved to the table and chair in the corner of the room and started to eat.

Logan tried to concentrate on the room around him to keep from replaying the dream as he downed the bacon and eggs. As his eyes skimmed the contents over and over, one thing in particular kept catching his attention. He'd find himself staring at the object and he'd quickly look away only to find his gaze there again moments later.

Swallowing the last of his breakfast, Logan moved back to the rumpled bed and focused again on the item. He stared at it for a moment then looked away. A minute later he picked it up but quickly slammed it back down. {Stop torturing yourself, Logan. Pick up the phone and make the fucking call or don't.}


2

Doctor Jean Grey, soon to be Summers, glanced over her shoulder at the man sleeping behind her then with a smile exited the bedroom. The early morning hours at the mansion, which served as a school, were some of her favorite times. Before the hustle and bustle of young mutants showcasing their powers, not that she begrudged them that, after all that's what the school was for. Still it was nice to have a couple of hours of peace and quiet.

Jean made her way down the stairs toward the kitchen to start some coffee. She knew that Scott wouldn't be asleep much longer and that Storm and the professor would be up soon after that. Upon reaching the bottom of the grand staircase, Jean immediately noticed a light shining beneath the door of the library. Adjusting her course accordingly, Jean opened the door expecting to see Ororo, whom often times would complete class lessons in the library at ungodly times of the night. This time however, it wasn't Ororo.

"Rogue?"

The young woman turned at the unexpected voice. "Doctor Grey," she stammered quickly.

"Is everything all right?" Jean asked, concerned to find her up at that time of morning.

A hot flush rose on Rogue's cheeks. "Ah'm fine, Ah jus' had a kinda … disturbin' dream."

Jean walked swiftly across the room and settled into the seat beside the teen. She knew that Rogue had been plagued on and off my Logan's nightmares ever since he'd saved her life. Jean had gotten only a glimpse of the horrors in his mind and that had been more than enough. "Is it the nightmares?" Jean asked sympathetically.

Rogue shifted her gaze careful to avoid Jean's. "No, it was nothin' like that," she denied quickly. "It was jus' a dream."

"Ah," Jean nodded. She didn't have to read Rogue's mind to discover just what type of dream she'd had, the scarlet color on her cheeks told the tale. "I understand."

Even more embarrassed now, Rogue turned her head sharply away from her teacher.

"It's nothing you should be embarrassed about, Rogue," Jean assured her. "We all experience similar dreams or fantasies."

Slowly Rogue turned to face her again. "Really?"

Jean couldn't stop the small chuckle that escaped her lips. "Of course. I've had more than my share."

"D'ya ever dream of thin's ya can't have?"

Sorrow filled Jean at the sadness in the young woman's eyes. "If we dreamed of things we already had they wouldn't be dreams," Jean stated softly, hoping that would be enough.

Rogue nodded before shifting her gaze out the window and down the long, winding driveway.

"Come on," Jean cried, grabbing Rogue's gloved hand and pulling her to her feet. "Why don't you give me a hand in the kitchen. You shouldn't be just sitting here."

Grateful for the offered distraction, Rogue allowed Jean to lead her from the room down the hallway toward the kitchen.

"I'm going to start some coffee than what do you say we make a couple gigantic sundaes for breakfast?" Jean suggested with a wicked grin.

The small smile tugging at the corners of Rogue's lips was all the answer she needed. Once the coffee was on, Rogue watched Jean build the most delectable caramel/hot fudge sundae she'd even seen. Jean was right in the middle of smearing caramel all over the ice cream, not to mention the counter and herself, when the phone rang.

"Damn," Jean swore abruptly, "Rogue would you get that?"

Without responding Rogue did as she was told, picking up the phone before it rang a second time. "Hello?"

A computer generated voice sounded from the other end of the line. "Will you accept a collect call from…"

"Logan," a familiar gruff voice supplied.

"Oh mah Gawd," Rogue responded in shock before recovering almost immediately. "Yes."

Jean watched with a furrowed brow as the teen fell silent.

Rogue waited for Logan to say something since she could hear him breathing through the phone. Finally she took it upon herself to start the conversation. "Is that really you, Logan?"

Jean quickly sent a mental message to Xavier knowing that he'd want to speak to Logan but she also kept an ear open to monitor the conversation.

Unprepared to hear her voice right off the bat, Logan paused to take a deep breath before he answered. She'd said all of five words to him and his nude body was already responding to the sound of her voice. "Yeah, it's me, kid."

"It's so good t' hear from ya," she said excitedly, not really noticing the catch in his voice.

"It's good to hear you too. Everything goin' all right there?" he asked closing his eyes as he tried to picture the woman from his dreams telling him in person.

"Yeah, pretty good. Ah graduated high school this year an' Ah started takin' a few college level courses. Ororo thinks Ah have great potential as a weather forecaster."

"That's great," Logan replied with a chuckle before his voice became serious again. "I'm sorry I missed your graduation."

Rogue was too in all honesty but she didn't want to make him feel bad by saying so. "That's awl right," she said instead. "What ya're doin' is more important. Have ya foun' much?"

"Not really, no," he informed her flatly.

"Ah'm sorry," Rogue returned and she was, she could hear the disappointment and frustration in his voice … and something else. "Are ya awl right, Logan?"

{I'd be all right if you were here.} "Sure, kid, I'm all right, just tired."

"Ya betta be takin' care of yaself, Logan," Rogue warned.

Logan had to laugh at that. "Hey, who's supposed to be taking care of who?" He'd been talking to her for less than five minutes and he already felt better than he had in the last five months.

Rogue smiled at the rich sound of his laughter. "Ah figure it can go both ways now since Ah ain't exactly a helpless young girl anymore."

"Oh you're not? Since when?" he wanted to know.

"Ya'd be surprised what Ah can do," Rogue insisted smoothly.

{I doubt that.} "Well I'm glad to hear that Xavier and his geeks have been taking good care of you. I'd hate to think I left you with the wrong group, of course it was a toss-up with Cyclops." Logan made a big show of pronouncing Scott's code name mockingly.

"He ain't that bad, Logan, in fact Ah think ya'd like him if ya gave him a chance."

"Maybe in my next life," Logan teased lightly.

"Don't talk like that!" Rogue admonished quickly.

Logan immediately felt bad and tried to make up for it. "I was just jokin', darlin', don't go gettin' all upset about it."

Rogue was about to tell him to quite joking all together when the professor wheeled himself into the kitchen. "Here's the professor," she said instead, moving to hand over the portable receiver.

"Marie, wait," Logan shouted frantically into the phone.

The use of her name and the tone of his voice made her pause, her eyes growing wide.

"Marie?" he called again, knowing from the sound of her breathing that it was still her on the line.

"What?"

Logan wanted to say so much but knew that he couldn't so he settled for, "It was nice talking to you again. I've missed you."

Tears sprang to Rogue's eyes at the emotion behind the words and she finally realized what she'd been hearing in his voice all along. He was lonely. "Ah've missed ya too, Logan. Will ya be gone much longer?"

"I don't know yet," he responded as evenly as possible. "Take care of yourself, eh, kid?"

"Ya're the one who needs to take care of himself," Rogue retorted softly. "Ya're the one awl alone."

Logan didn't know what to say and before he could think of something, another voice sounded over the phone.

"Logan, it's been too long," the professor greeted cheerfully. "How is your search progressing?"

Rogue stood stock still for a moment after handing the phone over to the professor then she turned and hurried from the room. Jean, who'd been keeping an eye on her, rushed to follow.

"It ain't progressing at all," Logan informed Xavier, his ever-present friend, frustration, creeping into the conversation. "I ain't any closer to findin' anything than I was a year ago. Whatever the bastards did to me they don't want me to know about it."

"I'm sorry," Charles extended whole-heartedly. "Does that mean you'll be returning soon?"

{I wish I could.} "I'm not quite done tearing Canada apart yet," he stated instead.

"Well the door's always open when you decide to come home," Professor X assured him.

Logan thought about that for a moment, he couldn't remember ever really having a home. "Thanks," he returned gruffly. "I guess I should be goin'. This is gonna be one hell of a phone bill. Sorry about that."

"Don't be," Xavier chuckled quietly. "It's good to know that you haven't forgotten about us. I could see how grateful Rogue was to get to talk to you."

On the other end of the phone, Logan nodded. "I'm glad I got to talk to her too," he admitted not quite grudgingly. "How's she really doing by the way?"

"She's adjusted quite well actually," the professor told him. "She graduated with honors last summer, she's taking advanced college courses by correspondence, and she's next in line to join the team."

"The X-Men? She's just a kid," Logan protested loudly, his voice taking on a growling tone.

"She's not exactly the same girl you remember, Logan, after all it has been over a year. She has a calming presence and she's learned some control as well," Xavier stated openly, clearly proud of the young woman.

A rush of excitement shot through Logan's body at the comment. "So she can touch without killin'?"

The silence on the other end of the phone answered his question before the professor's voice responded. "I'm afraid her control isn't that strong but we're working on it."

{Fuck. You should know better than to get yourself all excited before you know.}

"Logan? Are you still there?" Charles asked despite knowing full well that he was.

"Yeah," came the short grunt of a reply. "I'll talk to you later, Chuck."

Professor Charles Xavier listened to the disheartened goodbye before hanging up the phone himself. He hadn't been particularly concerned about Logan in all the time he'd been gone, at least not until now. It wasn't Wolverine's style to call just to say hello. The man was lonely and there was obviously nothing to find at the military base so why hadn't he come home. Suddenly it all became clear, almost as though he was looking directly into Logan's mind.


Logan hung up the phone feeling better and worse all at the same time. It had been great talking to Marie and hearing from the professor how well she was doing but at the same time he wished he hadn't called. After having talked to them, Logan felt even more isolated and alone than he had before.

Rising from the bed he'd been sitting on, he made his way back to the bathroom to check his clothes again, all the while praying that they were dry so he could get the hell out of there and go tear something apart. That would make him feel better, ripping something to shreds with the claws that were itching to come out. Logan growled in anger and frustration when he found his clothes still damp. He debated about just putting them on wet and leaving, it's not like it would really make him sick. His mind might have thought that was a good idea but his body was quick to rebel, demanding more down time to make up for the days on end without rest.

Realizing, albeit grudgingly, that his tantrum would have to wait, Logan returned to the rumpled bed and climbed back in under the covers. {Maybe this time you'll get lucky and not wake up.}


Rogue was still reeling from her conversation with Logan. She couldn't believe that he called and continued to wonder about it even after convincing Jean that everything was fine. All the X-Men were still teaching their classes so there hadn't been an emergency. For almost an hour she wondered the halls of the school thinking about the talk they'd had. The emotion in his voice was still at the forefront on her mind. Logan wasn't a particularly emotional man, unless of course rage, anger, frustration and loathing were the emotions in question.

She couldn't get over the loneliness she'd heard in his voice. Racking her brain she tried to find, in the memories she still possessed from him, a time when he'd been that alone. Logan was a loner, by definition he liked to be alone. So why did he sound so miserable?

{{Come in, Rogue}}

She started at the sound of the professor's voice in her head and looking up realized that she was standing outside his door. Hesitantly she reached for the doorknob and let herself in. "Ah'm sorry t' disturb ya, Professor."

"Not at all, Rogue," he retorted gently, waving her in and gesturing toward a chair. "I was about to call you in for a little talk actually."

"Really?" the young woman asked, taking a seat in front of the professor's desk.

"Yes, but that can wait. Why don't you tell me what's on your mind first?" Xavier suggested with an encouraging smile.

"Ya mean ya don't know?" Rogue returned humorlessly.

Charles Xavier chuckled slightly and shook his head. "I do indeed but I thought you'd rather tell me."

"Ah'm worried about Logan," she stated immediately. "There's somethin' wrong."

"I would tend to agree," Professor X responded, nodding.

"So what're we gonna do 'bout it?"

"What would you suggest?"

Rogue met the professor's steady gaze for a beat before laying out the plan she hadn't even realized she'd been constructing.


"I can't believe he's going along with this," Scott Summers fumed to his fiancée as he paced back and forth in the hanger bay.

{{He's worried}} Jean's voice sounded in Scott's head.

"Are you?" Scott demanded his jaw clenching in jealousy.

"Not particularly," Jean responded calmly. "Frankly I don't think there's anything Logan can't handle but the professor seems to disagree."

"Do you think this is a good idea, Jean?" Scott asked, pausing in mid-stride to turn and face her. "I mean do you really think this will help and not make things worse?"

Jean shrugged her shoulders as she considered the question. "I don't know, Scott. What I do know however is that it's not like you to question the professor like this."

Scott nodded but before he could respond the door across the bay opened and Professor Xavier led Rogue inside. Scott stole a quick glance at Jean as the others approached, then turned his attention to the leader of the X-Men.

Charles met his protégé's gaze without saying a word.

"Let's go," Scott ordered crisply, turning on his heel and heading for the jet behind him.

"I'll see you soon," Jean called after him but he was already inside.

"We should go," Xavier stated, forcing Jean into motion as the jet engines roared to life.

In the cockpit, Scott worked the controls with practiced ease as he glanced at his passenger. He was surprised to find her staring at him.

"Thank ya fer doin' this," Rogue said softly. "Ah know ya don' wanna."

Scott watched her for a moment behind the shield of his glasses. "I just don't see the need," he returned honestly.

Rogue nodded before turning her attention elsewhere. It was plain that they were at a standstill and neither of them was about to change their position. This was going to be a long trip.


3

~ Logan entered the mansion under the cover of darkness. He wasn't at all surprised to find the place in complete silence due to the lateness of the hour. He'd returned from Canada without warning because he simply couldn't stay away any longer. Before he even entered the house he'd decided not to wake anyone, he'd save the surprise for morning.

Walking down the deserted hallway, making his way to the room he hoped was still his, Logan considered again waking one person, the one person he'd returned for. Finally with a sharp shake of his head he made up his mind and continued on toward his own room.

Upon opening the door, Logan realized that the room was occupied but that didn't stop him from entering because he could tell who it was even in the complete darkness. He could smell her, hear the steady rhythm of her breathing and heartbeat, he could even make out the bolt of white hair surrounding her face. He entered slowly, quietly closing the door behind him before starting toward the bed, his body hardening as he moved. Careful of his growing erection, he squatted down at her side near the head of the bed and watched her for a moment. She was even more beautiful then he remembered.

Rogue shifted in her sleep and the blankets fell away from her shoulders revealing smooth, bare skin.

Logan swallowed at the sight of so much pale flesh, his expanding cock pressing painfully against the tight jeans he always wore. His hand shaking slightly with desire, Logan reached toward her, taking the blanket between his fingers and slowly pulling it away from her body. Beneath the blankets upon which Logan could still smell traces of his own scent, Rogue was completely naked. As he realized that it took all his will power not to just rip the coverings off of her. Instead he moved slowly, inching the bedding down her body to expose a little at a time. Once he had her perfect breasts unveiled he stopped at allowed his eyes to caress them reverently.

After a few moments of that, Logan continued to unwrap the package in his bed. The edge of the blanket skimmed down her ribcage and over her abdomen then stopped on Logan's order as a dark patch of curly hair appeared. He closed his eyes for a moment to will his body to calm and his breathing to even out before he pulled the blanket again to reveal the rest of her body.

Immediately he was assaulted by the thick, rich scent of arousal and he realized that she was awake. Logan shifted his gaze and found Marie's dark brown eyes watching him.

"I thought you were asleep," Logan told her raggedly, his breathing heavy and uneven.

"Ah know," Rogue responded, her own voice husky and fevered. "Welcome home, Logan."

Logan stared at her questioningly, a smile slowly turning the corner of his lips. "You knew I was coming tonight."

Rogue smiled, her eyes lighting up. "Ah knew," she assured him as she sat up and placed her legs over the side of the bed, one on either side of him. "Ah've been waitin'."

Logan groaned at the sight and smell of her, not to mention the look of lust in her eyes as she looked up at him and reached for the buttons on his shirt. He flinched slightly remembering what happened the last time he'd touched her flesh to flesh.

"It's awl right, sugah," she drawled in that sexy southern accent, "Ah won't hurt ya."

Still Logan held his breath when she pulled his shirt off his shoulders and stared longingly at his chest. He released the breath raggedly as her smooth hands splayed out over his torso and nothing happened aside from his cock straining even more.

Rogue slowly explored the lines and planes of his upper body, smiling each time he shuddered or moaned. She traced circles around his taunt nipples with the nail of her index finger before flicking over the top of it quickly.

Logan couldn't take it any more and he pushed her hands away roughly then placed his own against her breasts, smiling at the gasp from her lips at the contact. He molded his hands around the sizable mounds and teased her nipples with his thumbs causing her to close her eyes and arch her back. He could smell her scent changing and it was driving him wild. With a growl deep in his throat he lowered his head and took as much of her left breast in his mouth as was possible.

Rogue cried out and shuddered at the new sensation swirling through her body as Logan licked and laved and suckled her breast thoroughly before moving on to the other to repeat. After a few minutes her senses returned somewhat and she was able to move enough to reach for the buckle at Logan's waist.

He pulled back slightly when Marie's fingers grazed his stomach just above his waist then stood up carefully to give her the access she needed. Logan watched as she deftly undid the buckle before easing the zipper of his jeans down over hard, throbbing flesh. He watched her eyes widen at the sight of the bulge in his briefs as her hands pushed the tight jeans off his hips and down around his ankles. Logan quickly kicked off his boots and wrestled his feet out of his pants before standing before Rogue again motionlessly.

Her hands were shaking as she reached for him again, running her thin fingers from his knees up to his hips. Rogue watched Logan close his eyes in pleasure as her fingers skimmed his skin. Turning her attention from his face, she stared forward at nearly eyes level then licked her lips as her fingers slipped under the band of his underwear, starting to pull them down. Rogue shuddered slightly as Logan's thick, hard cock jumped to attention from the confining garment. After pushing his underwear off, Rogue used her hands to explore again.

Logan fought not to work his hips as he felt Marie's slim fingers wrap around his erection. He opened his eyes and looked down at her delicate hands exploring his manhood, it was the biggest turn on he'd even seen. Logan gave her a few moments to finger him and stroke him before he dropped to his knees in front of her, her knees resting lightly against his outer thighs.

"Marie…"

Rogue could see the doubt in his eyes, mixed with the passion and lust and she quickly covered his lips with her finger to stop the question on the tip of his tongue. "Ah'm yers, Logan," she told him breathlessly. "Ah want ya, d'ya wan' me?"

"More than anything, darlin'," Logan responded, moving forward slightly and pulling her tightly against him.

They both moaned loudly, as his throbbing flesh rubbed against her hot, wet center. Logan pushed her back slightly, meeting her gaze as his hand moved down to his cock. He flicked the head through her slick folds and smiled at the gasp and shudder it produced.

"Ah wanna feel ya inside me, Logan," Marie begged lustfully. "Please."

"I love you, Marie," Logan informed her suddenly as he started to move toward her again.

"Ah love ya too, Logan," she assured him as he pushed her knees up and out, spreading her open further.

Rogue watched Logan's face for a beat before shifting her gaze to the point where their bodies were about to join. Logan watched her watching him as he positioned himself at her opening and started to shift forward. He just made contact when… ~


Logan woke with a start and a growl to the sound of someone knocking on his door. {If that goddamned man is bringing me lunch I'm going to rip him a new asshole} he thought as he threw back the blankets and uncovered his once again hard, throbbing body.

Shaking his head, Logan ignored the knocking long enough to move to the bathroom and pull on a now dry pair of underwear not that it hid his arousal. By the time he got back to the door, the knocking had ceased but that didn't stop him from tearing the door open and shouting. "What the fuck do you want now." Logan was startled when the person who'd started walking away turned back toward him.

Rogue turned at the abrupt growl from Logan, ignoring the remark, happy that he was still there. The smile faded from her face when she got her first look at him. He was obviously shocked to see her but not as shocked as she was to see him. He was standing in his underwear, his hair ruffled and his body covered in a light sheen of sweat. The thing she noticed most was the bulge in his briefs that seemed to be growing larger before her eyes. With an effort she shifted her gaze to his face, their eyes locking. "Hello, Logan."

{Hello, Logan. I'm standing here with the biggest hard-on I've ever had and she says 'Hello, Logan'? …You expect her to maybe jump your bones? She's nineteen, for all she knows it's always like that…. It is when you think of her.}

"Logan?"

"What are you doing here?" Logan demanded, more harshly then he'd intended, after finally finding his voice.

Rogue's face fell at the gruff greeting and she started to wonder if she shouldn't have taken Scott up on his offer to wait a couple hours before heading back.

Logan noticed the change in her expression and cursed himself. "I'm sorry, Marie," he apologized quickly. "I'm just surprised."

Nodding in understanding, Rogue became aware of the fact that there were several people in the parking lot near them that were staring. "Maybe we should go inside," she suggested, letting her eyes skim over his perfect body once more.

"Right," Logan agreed before sending a deadly glare at the men watching their exchange. He stepped to the side to allow Rogue entry then closed the door behind her. "So what are you doing here?" he asked again more calmly.

"Ah's worried 'bout ya after yer phone call," Rogue informed him as she glanced around his room with a critical eye and shrugged out of her concealing cloak. "So was the professor, so here Ah am t' make sure ya're really awl right."

"How'd you get here so fast?" Logan wanted to know even as he gestured her to the chair by the table while he sat carefully on the bed and drew the covers over his erection.

Rogue smiled. "Scott flew me up in the jet."

"How'd you talk ol' One-Eye into that?"

"I didn't have t'. The professor made the request himself," she explained, working hard to hide her smile.

Logan let a wide smirk overtake his handsome but gruff features. "Ouch, that had to hurt."

Shaking her head, Rogue giggled before a serious, if slightly nervous, expression settled over her face. "It's great t' see ya again, Logan. Ya look wonderful."

"Me?" he snorted. "Look at you!" He was and he had been since she'd removed her cloak to reveal a set of curves he'd seen only in his dreams. "What happened to the kid I left behind?" Logan asked, his voice cracking with emotion as his body continued to respond.

"Ah grew up, Logan," Rogue returned matter-of-factly, accompanied by a tight shrug. "Ah tol' ya Ah wasn't the same girl ya left."

Logan nodded. "I can see that, Marie." {Damn, you're even hotter than in my dreams.} The throbbing of his cock was almost becoming more than he could bear and he couldn't stop a groan from breaking to the surface.

The sound drew Rogue attention, a look of concern on her beautiful features. "Are ya awl right, Logan?"

Bounding from the bed as quickly as possible, Logan headed for the bathroom. "I'll be right back," he threw over his shoulder before slamming the door closed behind him with a loud thud.

Rogue rose from her seat and moved after him but stopped short of knocking on the door. Something was definitely wrong, she could hear him growling and moaning and it took a moment to realize that she'd heard those sounds before, from memories gleaned from Logan. Her eyes widening in embarrassment, Rogue turned and moved back to her seat to wait.

Logan returned a few minutes later fully dressed, his face flushed. "So," he began as though nothing happened, "how long are you staying?"

"Ah dunno," Rogue shrugged, casting her gaze around the room, a bit nervous about meeting Logan's intense hazel gaze. "Until ya get sick a me, Ah guess."

{Then you're never leaving.} "What about your classes? Don't you have school work or something?"

"It may be hard t' tell up here with all the snow, but it's summer, Logan," Rogue said with a teasing quality to her voice. "Classes don't start again for two months."

A small smile curled the corners of Logan's mouth at the prospect of having her stay for two months. {Two months, sixty-one days … and nights.}

"What're ya grinnin' at?" Rogue asked with a chuckle.

Logan shook his head. "I'm just happy to see you."

Rogue was slightly taken aback by the admission and the tenderness in his tone when he said it. "Ah'm happy t' see ya too, Logan. It hasn't been the same without ya."

"Same here, kid," Logan returned softly before quickly averting his gaze so Rogue wouldn't see something that she shouldn't see, at least not yet.

"So tell me what ya've found," Rogue demanded sweetly.

Logan's face fell sharply. "I haven't found much of anything yet," he informed her sadly. "But I ain't finished looking either."

"Maybe a new pair a eyes'll help."

"I appreciate the offer, Marie, but that instillation is no place for someone like you," Logan stated firmly.

Rogue frowned openly. "So Ah guess ya want me t' go back home."

"I didn't say that."

"Then what am Ah supposed t' do while yer out there for days on end?" she all but shouted. "Logan, Ah came here t' be with ya and help ya find yer past so's ya could come home."

Logan closed his eyes and actually sighed. "I'm sorry, Marie, I just don't think you need to see what happed in that place."

"Don't apologize, Logan. 'Sides, did ya ferget that Ah already know what happened there?" she asked tapping her temple. "Ah've lived it too, remember?"

She was absolutely right. When Logan saved her life back on the Statue of Liberty by touching her, he also gave her the sum of his knowledge and experiences, including the horror of what had happened to him. "Okay," he relented not wanting her to leave, "but I was planning on staying here for a few more days to catch up on some rest and earn a little money for supplies." It was a lie but he wanted to give her a few days in relative comfort before taking her out into the godforsaken countryside.

"Ah brought some money with me too," Rogue informed him with a smile.

"Why don't you let me worry about doin' the providin'?" Logan asked gruffly, his tone not leaving much room for argument.

Rogue's smile widened and her eyes twinkled. "How 'bout this, since the way Ah see it, Ah still owe ya fer a ride and some food, why don't Ah buy dinner t'night then ya can take it from there?"

Logan considered that for a moment then nodded. "Okay, you can buy dinner tonight."

"Thank ya."

"You're welcome," he returned, quickly rising from his feet. "Are you ready?"

"Now?" Rogue asked abruptly, glancing at the clock beside the bed. "It's only four o'clock."

"Yeah but it'll take a couple of hours to get to Manitoba," Logan stated as he picked up the cloak she'd laid on the table and held it out for her to put on. "Will this be warm enough? The wind gets pretty cold on the bike."

"Ah'll be fine," she assured him, sliding her arms into the sleeves while he held it for her. "Why do we have t' go t' Manitoba? Ain't there any place t' eat here?"

"Sure there is but like I said I need some cash and Manitoba has a couple of places I like to hit," Logan explained.

"Right," Rogue nodded her understanding. "Awl right then, lets go."

Logan quickly donned his double jackets then followed Marie from the room. "Why don't you wait here for a minute. I just need to check something at the front desk." He moved quickly to the office and promptly spent the last of his cash on three more nights at the motel before returning to find Marie waiting for him beside the black and chrome motorcycle.

"Ever'thin' okay?" Rogue asked as he joined her again.

"Couldn't be better," he assured her as he swung his right leg over the bike and kicked it to life. "C'mon."

Rogue reached out and took the hand that Logan offered to help her climb on the back of the motorcycle. Once she was seated, Logan reached around behind her to the compartment and pulled out a helmet.

"Here, put this on," Logan insisted, firmly pushing the object into her hands.

Taking the helmet with a roll of her eyes, Rogue pulled it on over her head then waited.

"You might want to hold on," he shouted back at her so she could hear through the heavy material surrounding her head.

Rogue moved her hands from where they rested on her thighs to grab the sides of Logan's leather jacket. She had barely completed the action when Logan's hands found hers and pulled them tightly around his waist. He held them there until he felt her start to relax then his hands returned to the controls on the handlebars.

"Here we go, darlin'."


4

Two hours -- when they'd started out Rogue thought two hours would be a long time to have to just sit there on the back of a motorcycle. Now though, as Logan pulled into the city of their destination, it seemed more like two minutes. After the first few moments to get used to the unfamiliar mode of transportation, Rogue started to relax and enjoy the ride. The fact that her arms were wrapped tightly around Logan's midsection made the trip more appealing than she'd originally thought possible.

On several occasions she'd let her hands wander a little bit, gliding across the muscular planes of his torso. Twice she felt him tense as her fingers grazed the area above his belt buckle. Figuring that he was probably just ticklish, she paid special heed to refrain from touching him there.

Logan had smiled into the wind when he first felt Rogue hands covertly exploring his abdominal muscles. Then moments later when her fingers slipped down near his belt buckle he'd nearly lost control of the bike. The second time it happened he barely managed to stifle the growl that rose to his lips. Rogue seemed to notice that was a sensitive area and carefully avoided it from them on although she continued to explore.

Making his way through the city, Logan had an idea where they could enjoy a quiet, somewhat nice meal before he went to work at the various bars. He pulled the bike into a parking lot and brought it to a stop before killing the engine. Logan shifted in the seat so he could look over his shoulder at Marie. "You all right?"

"That was nice," she said with a smile.

Despite the fact that they were stopped with the motorcycle turned off, Rogue was still holding onto Logan around the waist. The fact that he didn't mind must have somehow shown in his face because as he continued looking at her, she seemed to notice.

"Ah… Ah guess Ah can let go now," Rogue stammered in embarrassment as she released him. "Ah'm sorry."

{Oh, darlin', don't apologize.} "Forget about it," he said aloud. "C'mon, I'm starving."

"Me too."

Logan steadied the bike while Marie got off then lead her into the restaurant and to a small table toward the back corner.

Rogue took a quick survey of the place and found it quite homey. "Ah like this place. Have ya eaten here before?"

"Nope," Logan shook his head, "but I've hear people talk about it for years. The foods supposed to be pretty good."

About that time a tall, slim, very attractive woman appeared beside their table and looked down at Logan with a leering smile. "Hey there, darlin', what can I get you?"

Logan gave the redhead a glare before turning softened eyes on Rouge. "What would you like, Marie?"

The waitress turned an uninterested gaze at the young woman and waited impatiently for her to decide.

Rogue didn't particularly like the way that woman had looked at Logan and she liked the way she was looking at her even less. She sent an angry glare at the waitress before turning her attention to Logan. "What're ya gonna have, sugah?" she asked him in an almost sickeningly sweet tone.

Fully aware of what Rogue was trying to do, Logan played along. Of course it was he wanted to say anyway. "Baby, you keep talkin' like that and I'm gonna have you."

"If you need more time, just let me know," the waitress told Logan, the flirting tone and seductive smile now gone.

"You need some more time, baby?" Logan asked Marie.

"Ah think Ah'm ready, sugah," she told him with a wink before turning a cold gaze to the redhead. "Ah'll have the grilled chicken with steamed vegetables and a glass a water."

"And for you?" the waitress asked Logan once she'd written Rogue's order down.

"Steak, rare, and a baked potato with sour cream and cheese. And bring me a beer."

The redhead nodded then turned sharply and walked away.

Rogue glared at her back until she was out of sight then looked at Logan only to find him staring at her with a smile gracing his lips. "What?"

"You certainly showed her," he chuckled quietly.

"Ah'm sorry, Logan, but she was just … she had no right t' look at either of us like that," Rogue sputtered sharply.

Logan didn't respond, just continued staring at her with a smile.

"What?" Rogue demanded again, suddenly feeling self-conscious under his gaze.

Shaking his head Logan chuckled. "I'm just surprised by how easy you fell into that."

Rogue fluttered her eyelashes at him. "Why whatever d'ya mean, sugah?"

Logan looked away quickly to avoid having her see the desire in his eyes. As it turned out it was good timing, turning in time to see the redheaded waitress spit in a glass of water. He watched her carefully with a growing scowl as she made her way to their table and set the glass down in front of Marie before putting Logan's beer near his hand.

"Can I get you anything else?" the waitress asked coolly.

"Yeah," Logan nodded curtly, picking up Rogue's glass and raising his voice loud enough for the whole place to hear, "you can get us a new waitress then she can get my wife here a glass of water that hasn't been spit in."

All sound in the restaurant ceased as all eyes turned on their table. Rogue sat there in shock after Logan's outburst, at least the part where he called her his wife. After a beat a middle-aged man appeared beside the redhead but focused his attention on Logan. "Is there a problem here, son?"

"You could say that," Logan replied gruffly. "This…" he couldn't think of something nice to call her so he simply swiped his hand in the direction of the woman standing beside him, "… spit in my wife's water glass. She'll deny it but I saw her do it."

"Tammy?" the owner asked, turning to face his employee.

The redhead avoided his gaze, her admission plain in her expression.

"Go get your things together while I make out your final check," the man told Tammy before turning to Rogue. "I'm truly sorry about this, dear. Your meals are on me tonight, son," he told Logan before turning to the other waitress in the place. "Dawn, please get another glass of water over here."

"Thank ya," Rogue said to the man who promptly nodded then walked off. Turning to Logan, Rogue found his jaw tightly clenched and his hands flexing into fists.

"Here you are, sweetie," the older waitress said, placing a fresh glass of water in front of Rogue. "I apologize for Tammy. She's used to getting what she wants and it ain't hard to see what she wanted at this table. Don't get me wrong, I ain't defending her," she assured Logan, "just explaining why she probably did what she did. That said let me say this, it's real nice to see such a loving husband in this day and age." Then Dawn turned and walked back to tend to her other customers.

Logan watched her walk away not sure what to expect when he looked at Marie. It was one thing to play along with her charade that they were a couple but something entirely different to call her his wife.

Rogue watched Logan shift his gaze slowly toward her trying to think of something intelligent to say. She immediately saw the uncertainty in his eyes and wanted to quickly disperse it so she slid her hand across the top of the table to one of his still clenched fists. "Thank ya," she whispered softly squeezing his hand lightly.

The rage he was trying to control almost instantly evaporated at the touch of a silk glove on his throbbing fist. Logan relaxed his hands, wrapping fingers gently around Rogue's hand. "I didn't know what else to say," he admitted.

Giggling Rogue leaned across the table and kept her voice low. "Ya probably would've gotten an entirely different reaction if ya'd called me 'the under-aged, mutant ya picked up in a bar in Laughlin City'."

Despite himself Logan smiled. "Instead of a free meal I'd be willing to bet I'd have gotten a free night … in the local jail."

"I ain't under-aged anymore," Rogue reminded him with a meaningful look.

"Here you are," Dawn called from a short distance away as she brought them their meals. She waited for the couple to release hands before she put their orders in front of them. "Anything else I can get for you right now?"

"No thank ya," Rogue responded with a smile.

"I'll have another beer," Logan told her before draining the one that he had yet to touch.

"Coming right up," Dawn returned with a raised brow look then starting away.

Rogue watched Logan cut into the piece of meat on his plate, which appeared to still be bleeding, then haul a bite to his mouth.

"What?" he asked about her scrutiny around the food in his mouth.

"Nothin'," Rogue responded slightly embarrassed at having been caught staring after everything that had happened.

"You better eat before it gets cold, darlin', it's gonna be a long night."

Nodding Rogue turned her attention to her own meal and started to eat. They talked very little as they ate, just enjoying the time together. They were each just glad to be able to look up from their meal and see the other sitting across from them.

After finishing their dinners, they thanked Phil for the free meal and left Dawn a huge tip before heading outside. As they drove off on the bike, Phil and Dawn stood at the window of the restaurant and watched them go.

"What a sweet, loving couple," Dawn said as she looked to Phil.

"Yeah," he nodded, his eyes twinkling, "reminds me of us thirty years ago."

Dawn seemed to consider that for a moment. "I don't remember you ever being that hot," she teased with a wink before going back to work.


As Logan pulled Scott's motorcycle into the first bar on his mental list, he started having some serious reservations about taking Marie with him to some of the places he was headed. The bar in Laughlin City had been bad enough for someone like her and these places were ten times worse … or more. Even with that he knew that there wasn't anywhere else for her to go where he'd be sure she was safe, not that she would have gone if there had been. Deciding there was only way to assure her safety, Logan took her hand and wrapped it firmly around his biceps. "This place can be a little rough, Marie, so I don't want you going anywhere where I can't see you. Understand?"

Rogue nodded quickly as Logan pulled her into motion. They entered the bar and people recognized Logan immediately. People were hooting and hollering and chanting "Wolverine". It was almost surreal.

Logan ignored the hype as he made a circuit around the bar making sure that everyone in the place knew that Marie was with him. That would protect her for the most part and having her in full view of the fighting arena would finish the job. He pulled her up at a table in one corner of the ring and they sat down. Almost immediately a glass of amber liquid was slammed on the table in front of Logan with a loud crack. Logan reached for the glass but ignored the woman who'd placed it there as he watched the two men fighting in front of him.

"What can I get you, honey," the woman asked Rogue.

"Ah'll have what he's havin'," she returned indicating Logan with a lift of her chin.

"She'll have water," Logan corrected adamantly, dismissing the woman with his eyes.

Rogue glared at him. "C'mon, Logan, one drink won't kill me."

"The night's young, darlin', maybe later," he finished as the roar of the crowd reached deafening levels with the fight drawing to an end and a winner standing alone in the center of the ring.

"The winner and still champion," the announcer shouted into the microphone, "Big John. Who'll be the next to issue a challenge."

"Wolverine!" someone shouted from across the room and the bar came alive with cheers.

Rogue smiled at him coyly. "They love ya here, sugah."

Logan smiled at her tone then rose to his feet to booming applause. He shed his jackets and shirts tossing them on the table in front of Rogue before leaning down beside her and nuzzling her neck a little, her hair protecting his skin. {Now no one will touch you.}

Rogue shivered at the action then met his gaze heatedly before he turned to the ring. "Go kick some ass, Wolvie," she shouted from her seat, her words and tone making him stop and turn.

Laughing, Logan winked at her before he turned back and started up the stairs, rolling his neck to loosen it up.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, you're next challenger, Wolverine," the announcer shouted in typical announcer fashion drawing out each syllable. "You both know the rules so I won't waste your time."

Big John studied his opponent as the announcer left the ring. He'd never fought Wolverine before but he'd talked to men who had. "That's quite a nice little bit of pussy you got there, Wolverine," John started tauntingly, shifting his eyes to Rogue. "You think you got her ready for a real man yet?"

Logan ignored the taunt and waited for John to make a move.

"Yeah, probably not. I'll bet she's nice and tight but we'll talk later cause after I kick your sorry little ass I'm going to fuck your bitch until she forgets your name." With that John came forward and connected a powerful blow to Logan's gut, lifting him three feet of the floor of the ring. "Oh yeah," he continued to taunt, "I'm going to fuck her 'til she bleeds then I'm going to piss on the little bitch and walk away."

His rage building inside of him at the thought of the man doing anything of the kind to Marie, not that he could, drove him over the edge. Wolverine actually smiled as he unleashed the full force of adamantium fists on Big John. One blow was all it took for John to perform a mid-air somersault and land with a sickening thud on the canvas.

The crowd went wild as a couple of burly guys came forward to haul John from the ring. Logan ignored the cheers as he moved to the corner where Rogue was sitting. She smiled sweetly and waved, giving him a thumbs-up before toasting him with his glass of bourbon.

"The winner and return champion, Wolverine," the announcer cried excitedly. "Who here is brave enough to be the next challenger?"

Three men in the crowd were drunk enough at that point to come forward and one at time Logan beat them silly until there was no one else stupid, or drunk, enough to fight him.

After collecting his winnings, Logan returned to the table where Rogue was waiting for him. She was smiling widely and staring openly at him and he realized that she had a pretty good buzz going considering most of his untouched glass was gone. Shaking his head with a grin, he dressed and escorted Rogue outside and to the motorcycle.

"I thought you were supposed to be drinking water?" he said, watching as she swayed slightly.

"Ah was drinkin' water … mostly," she giggled.

"No more alcohol, Marie," Logan stated firmly. "I mean it."

"Don' get all upset, sugah, Ah'm fine," Rogue assured him swaying against his side.

Logan shook his head then straddled the bike before managing to get the slightly unsteady Rogue seated as well. He'd done better there then he'd expected but wanted to make a little more before returning to Alkali Lake so he headed for a bar across town.

The couple entered the second bar much the same way as the first. Logan strutted around with Rogue on his arm until he was satisfied that everyone had seen them together than he sat her down beside the ring and went off to fight. First though he made sure that all the wait staff knew that Marie was not to have anything but water to drink.

Rogue cheered wildly as Logan dispatched five men in a matter of half an hour. She stared at the flexing muscles of his bare torso and arms as he brawled with yet another idiot fool enough to think they could beat Wolverine. As Logan's last opponent hit the canvas Rogue felt a hand drop on her shoulder. Turning she discovered a not unattractive man probably in his mid-twenties smiling down at her.

"Hey there," he greeted, "you come here often?"

"You're crazy, boy," someone from a nearby table muttered.

"Mah first time actually," Rogue responded to the question with a bit of a flirtatious tone due to the alcohol.

"Really? Mine too."

Logan growled at the man at his feet and looked up to see Marie cheering for him again only she wasn't, and she wasn't alone.

"I'm Jerry," the young man introduced himself before taking a seat beside her.

"Rogue," Marie returned with a drawl.

"That's an interesting name," Jerry stated conversationally, sliding the hand still resting on her shoulder around her neck. "Do you really like all this violence or would you rather be somewhere else?" "You wanna take your hand off my wife?"

Jerry looked up quickly at the gruff voice only to find Wolverine staring down at him with fire in his eyes. He swallowed the lump in his throat and quickly moved away from Rogue. "I … I'm sorry. I didn't know."

Logan flexed his hands into fists and stalked the young man as he back-peddled away from him.

Rogue rose quickly, suddenly sobered by Logan's actions and quickly grabbed his arm. "We was only talkin', sugah," she insisted firmly, pulling on his arm.

"You were talking, Marie," Logan growled sharply, tossing her a quick glance before pinning Jerry with a deadly glare, "but he was touching."

"I'm sorry, man," Jerry apologized quickly once again. "I didn't know she was your wife. How long you been married?" he asked stupidly, hoping to distract the deadly fighter.

"C'mon, Logan," Rogue called sharply, giving his arm a hard yank.

Ignoring the last question and Rogue's insistent pulling on his arm, Logan lifted one fist, his index finger stretched out almost to the man's nose. "Now you know, kid. From now on, you touch her you touch me, got it?"

"Yes…yes, sir," Jerry nodded frantically, quite obviously scared shitless over the encounter.

"Good," Logan snapped before turning to Rogue. "I'll just get my winnings then we can go, darlin'."

Rogue just nodded. The game they had started -- or rather she had started -- back at the diner had been fun but it was starting to get out of hand. She had really been concerned that Logan was going to hurt the guy all because he was touching her. She could see it if he'd been abusive or lewd but it was just a hand on her shoulder. Then again Logan did know the place better than she did. Maybe the guy had been after more than a friendly conversation.


5

The ride back to the motel, like trip into Manitoba, was made in silence. The difference on this trip was that Rogue's hands didn't move at all. Her right hand tightly clasped her left wrist around Logan's waist but there was exploration. The return trip seemed to be taking a lot longer too and after a short time Rogue found it hard to hold her head up, due partly to the long day she'd had but mostly due to the bourbon she'd consumed. Finally she gave up the fight and rested her head against Logan's broad back. She wouldn't have believed that she could fall asleep in that position but she must have since the next thing she remembered was Logan lifting her off the bike.

Rogue opened her eyes when Logan pulled her into his arms. "Wha'…" she started to ask but her sleep and alcohol muddled mind couldn't come up with anything else to say.

"Shh, go back to sleep," Logan whispered tenderly as he carried her into their room. He gently lowered Rogue onto the unused bed then knelt at her side to remove the helmet. Logan ran his hand over her silky hair to tame it somewhat then gave her a smile when she opened her eyes again. "I'm sorry, Marie."

"Fer what?" she asked groggily, working to clear her mind as she sat up against the headboard.

Logan met her gaze for a beat then quickly looked away. "I lost it back there when I saw him touching you."

"Ya don' have t' apologize fer that, Logan," Rogue assured him. "After awl ya's only defendin' my honor."

{I was staking my claim.} "Right," he nodded tightly. "It's been a long night, you should get some sleep.

"Okay," she replied with a yawn. "Ah jus' wanna take a quick shower first."

"Okay," Logan returned gruffly, his body hardening at just the thought of her being naked in the next room. He stood and moved aside so she could get up, watching as she grabbed the bag she'd brought with her and started for the bathroom. "Hey," he called when she reached the door.

Rogue paused and turned back to him with a smile.

"Don't take all the hot water, eh?" {A cold shower would probably do me more good.}

Her smile broadening, Rogue nodded again before entering the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

Logan tried to busy himself so as not to notice the sound of the shower running or think about her caressing her body with soapy little hands. Of course it was all for naught since it was the only thing he could think about. By the time the bathroom door opened and she stepped out wearing a silky nightgown along with her gloves and scarf, Logan was as hard as a rock. He waited until Rogue was to her own bed, pulling back the covers to slide in before he bolted for the bathroom.

"'Night, Logan," Rogue called just before the door slammed behind him.

Having heard her, Logan opened the bathroom door enough to stick his head out. "G'night, Marie. Sweet dreams."

"Ya too," she returned with a sweet smile.

Logan offered her a similar expression before closing the door between them again. {This isn't going to work if you can't control yourself. Get it together or risk making her leave.} Those thoughts mingled with images of Marie in the shower as Logan stared at his reflection in the steamy mirror. In the end it was the latter that won out leaving Logan to once again take the problem into his own hand.

As luck would have it, Rogue was asleep by the time he finished in the bathroom. Logan stood between their beds in his underwear, which he'd decided to sleep in, and watched her sleep. She was so beautiful and the peacefulness of her face made her even more so. {God what I'd give to be able to touch you.}

Once again fighting his hormones for control, Logan slid under his own blankets and turned his back to her hoping that would make a difference. It didn't and the fact that he could smell her fresh, clean skin didn't help matters either. After several hours he was finally able to drift into a restless sleep.<


~ Logan looked up from the man at his feet to see Rogue watching him intently, her eyes dark with passion as they skimmed his sweat covered torso. The heat in the gaze made Logan's groin throb and turning he quickly dispatched his next opponent with a savage upper cut on his way out of the cage.

Rogue watched his every move as he approached her and pulled her to her feet before dropping his head, his lips covering hers hungrily. Deepening the kiss with his tongue, Logan reached down and grabbed her ass, pulling her up his hard body until her legs wrapped around his waist. Burying his face in the cleavage of her shirt, Logan started walking though he couldn't have possibly seen where he was going.

Somehow they made it to the door of the storage closet and Logan carried her in then used her body to close the door, trapping her between it and him. Rogue's fingernails dug into the bare flesh on his shoulders as his mouth worked against her breasts through the fabric of her shirt. Breaking the contact, Logan reached up with one hand and tore open the front of the blouse before devouring her once again.

Rogue arched her back against the door and applied more pressure with her nails as Logan's talented tongue laved and suckled her breasts. "Ooh, Logan," she breathed hotly onto his skin as she kissed and nuzzled his neck.

"Darlin'," Logan moaned against her flesh, "I want you so bad."

"Take me, Logan," she begged.

Logan lowered her down the front of him making sure he grazed her hot center with his straining cock. Once she was on her feet he reached down and ripped the pants and panties she was wearing right off her body before quickly removing his remaining clothes. He let his gaze wander over her body before lifting her again and pressing her firmly against the door. The moan that escaped her lips as he lifted his hips and made contact with wet, warmth nearly made him cum. ~


Another moan snapped Logan from the dream. He sat up, quickly surveying the room for the source of the sound. A soft whimper to his right drew his attention to Marie. She was shifting slightly in her bed, her head rolling from side to side and she was making pleasured noises. Logan watched her for a moment, the movement of her legs dragging the blankets down around her waist and even further. Then he could smell her arousal and knew what was happening, she was dreaming. {Of me I hope.}

Logan was unable to stop himself as he rose from his bed and moved to kneel beside hers. Closing his eyes he listened to her, pretending that it was his efforts that were producing the whimpers and moans. He knew she was close now, could smell the scent on her like any perfume. "Marie," he whispered barely audibly.

"Lo-gan," Rogue responded with a sharp cry of release.

His eyes snapped open at the sound of his name on her lips and he gasped as it made him cum in his shorts.

She shifted again in her sleep and Logan quickly rose and darted for the bathroom. He hid there for a few minutes after changing before he moved back to his bed. Something was going to have to change and soon because now that he knew she wanted him just as bad as he wanted her, it was going to happen, nothing would be able to stop it.


Rogue woke early the next morning, well rested and feeling great. She'd had another dream last night but this one was different. This one was more primal, less romantic, but after the events of the previous night it was no wonder. Turning her head she was surprised to find Logan still asleep. He was on his side facing her, allowing her to study his features as he slept. The peacefulness of his face was something she wouldn't have thought possible. There was always so much rage and frustration in his features when he was awake somehow she'd expect it to be the same when he was sleeping.

The fact that he could sometimes find peace when he slept made her very happy. Rogue continued to watch him for some time before she quietly got up and headed for the bathroom. She wasn't aware that Logan was watching her as she moved or that he knew her secret.

Dressing quickly in the hopes of finding Logan still sleeping, Rogue returned to the bedroom only to find him not only awake but also fully dressed.

"G'morning," Logan greeted her with a half smile and a nod.

"'Mornin'. Did ya sleep well?" Rogue asked brightly, knowing that at least part of the time he had.

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah. So what's on the agenda fer today?" she wondered.

"Shopping," Logan informed her. "If you're gonna be stayin' with me out in the elements you're gonna need a few more things."

The smile on Rogue's face shattered the last of any defenses around his heart. "Then Ah get t' go with ya back t' the base?"

Logan nodded slowly. "Yeah, I guess a second pair of eyes couldn't hurt."

"Thank ya," Rogue nearly shouted as she threw her arms around him, careful to avoid any exposed skin.

"Thank me after your first night out in the cold," Logan told her lightly, gently patting her back. "This isn't exactly like a camp out, Marie."

"Ah know," she retorted evenly, "but it's awl good 'cause we'll be together."

Logan sighed as Rogue headed for the door. {Yes, we will.}


They spent most of the day gathering the equipment Rogue would need to handle the great outdoors. Logan's ability to heal made him nearly impervious to lower temperatures but she would require a tent and a sleeping bag, if only to name two things.

Once they finished at the sporting goods store they unloaded at the motel before going out again after a few warmer items of clothing. Logan bought her a pair of thermal underwear, which she thought were hideous, and a couple pair of thick, wool socks. He also purchased a couple new flannel shirts, which either could wear. The idea of Rogue wearing one of his shirts threatened to overwhelm him yet again. {Get a grip, bub, and I don't mean on your dick}

Logan paid the man behind the register and started outside with Rogue. Suddenly he stopped as though he remembered something important.

"What is it?" Rogue asked, startled by his abrupt stop.

"Damn, I forgot something," he muttered angrily. "Why don't you get that stuff stowed on the bike and I'll run back and get it?"

"Awl right," she agreed, a little curious but deciding that it must be important.

Logan hurried back inside and right to the aisle he wanted. He'd already made his selection of the items available having slipped away from Rogue for a moment earlier. Grabbing the item, he hurried back the register and paid the man again. "I don't need a bag for that," Logan informed the clerk gruffly before taking it back and shoving it into his jacket pocket.

Rogue was watching for him when he came out and she was surprised that he was empty handed, "Where is it?"

"Where's what?" Logan questioned nervously.

"Whatever it was that ya went back fer, silly," Rogue replied with a giggle.

"Oh, they didn't have any," he lied with a shrug as he joined her at the bike. "Let's go get some groceries then we're done."

"Ya're the boss," Rogue deferred easily.


An hour later they were carrying their bounty into the motel room. Both were tired from the long day of riding back and forth and fighting the crowds, not that there were that many people in the town but more than just the two of them was too many.

"I can't believe it's almost three o'clock," Rogue stated incredulously, staring at the clock. "Where'd the day go?"

"Same place they all go, I suppose, darlin'."

Rogue smiled at him before heading back out to Scott's bike to grab the clothes from the storage compartment.

As soon as she was out of sight Logan pulled the last item he'd purchased from his jacket and hid it in his bag.

"D'ya really think we need awl this?" Rogue asked as she entered their room again. She noticed Logan start at the sound of her voice and it struck her as incredibly odd. "What're ya so jumpy fer?"

"I ain't," he defended gruffly. "It was a muscle spasm, they happen like that occasionally."

Rogue took him at his word just as he'd hoped and let the matter drop. They unpacked everything together and separated it all out to make sure they had everything they needed. As they worked they talked, Logan told her about all of his frustrating setbacks and Rogue told him about her successes in school and her training to become an X-Men.

"Jus' think, when ya come home fer good, we'll get t' work side by side," Rogue said excitedly. "Rogue and Wolverine." The odd look from Logan prompted her to roll her eyes and rephrase. "Okay, Wolverine and Rogue."

Despite himself, Logan laughed. "Kid, you're really something else." He couldn't help but notice the fleeting expression flash through her eyes. "What?"

"Ah ain't exactly a kid anymore, Logan. Ah wish ya'd stop callin' me that," Rogue told him bluntly.

Logan frowned. "I don't mean anything by it, Marie. It's a term of endearment," he offered quickly.

"So's 'darlin'' an' Ah like that better," she informed him carefully.

"You know it's quite possible that I'm a lot older than I look so in chronological age, you are a kid to me," Logan explained as gently as possible.

"Then how'd ya like it if Ah started callin' ya 'old man'?"

Logan considered that for a moment before a smile curled the corners of his lips. "I like 'sugar' better."

Rogue smiled broadly. "Okay, sugah."

"Then I guess that's settled, darlin'."

"Ah guess so."

"So," Logan started after a long silence, changing the subject, "Chuck mentioned something to me about you gaining some control."

The smile that had been shining so brightly a second ago faded away and she shrugged. "A little Ah guess. The professor an' Jean've been workin' with me, givin' me exercises an' such. Ah ain't gettin' very far very fast though."

"That makes two of us," Logan muttered under his breath. "Maybe what we both need is a little outside influence."

"Ya mean ya think we can help each other find what we're lookin' fer?" Rogue asked innocently.

"It just might work," he told her softly.

Rogue shrugged trying to look nonchalant. "Ah suppose it can't hurt t' try."

Their discussions continued through the late afternoon, early evening hours until the room started to darken around them. They went out one more time to get something hot for dinner but opted to bring it back to the motel to eat. Each of them enjoyed their meal in silence. So much had been said earlier and they both used the quiet time to process it all.

"Well, it's been kind of a long, drainin' day," Logan stated after they were through eating. "I think I'll turn in a little early tonight it you don't mind?"

"Not at'all," Rogue replied quietly, shaking her head. "In fact Ah's thinkin' 'bout doin' the same."

Logan nodded. "You takin' a shower tonight?"

"Nah, Ah actually usually take one in the mornin' but yesterday Ah didn't," she said, stopping short of saying because of his call.

"Okay, well I'm gonna take a short one," he stated before moving toward the bathroom. "I'll say g'night now in case you're asleep when I get done."

"'Night, Logan. Ah'll see ya in the mornin'." Rogue watched the door close between them knowing full well that she wasn't about to go to sleep until after he came out. First she changed into her nightgown then to pass the time she went through her belongings and packed the new things Logan had bought her. She'd moved on to inspecting the camping supplies when she heard the door start to open. She jumped into bed and pulled the covers up quickly but not before Logan noticed.

"Thought you were gonna go to bed?" he asked, trying his damnedest not to look at the tight fit of her nightgown top.

Rogue was downright shocked to see Logan fully clad in a pair of white thermal underwear and thick socks. He usually slept, at the very least, without a shirt and she was willing to bet that he preferred to be completely naked. "Ah am, Ah's jus' lookin' though the stuff again. 'Night."

Logan noticed her reaction to his attire but didn't allude to it. {She'll understand soon enough.} "G'night," he called, climbing into his bed and turning off the light. "Sweet dreams, darlin'."

"Ya too, sugah."


6 ~ Rogue moved through the door into Logan's bedroom without making a sound. She pressed the door lightly closed behind her then turned her attention to the man sleeping on the bed. Even in the darkness she could make out his perfect form, the moonlight filtering through the window above him reflecting off the hard lines of his torso.

She licked her lips as she crossed the room to his side, the thought of caressing and teasing his skin with her lips at the front of her mind. Rogue's eyes drifted up his body to his face, peaceful in sleep, as it never was when he was awake, except when they were together. The fact that she was the only one that gave him peace made her heart swell. He'd given so much to her over the years, she was pleased that she was able to give him something back.

Smiling at the serene look on his handsome features, Rogue slowly lowered herself to the bed beside him careful not to disrupt his sleep. She didn't want to wake him like that and she didn't want to wake him just yet either.

Rogue settled herself at Logan's side and watched his glorious torso rise and fall in liquid movements with each breath. She really could watch him sleep all night but right now she wanted something more. Reaching out she gently took the edge of the thin sheet that covered him and started easing it down his body, revealing a little more of him, a little at a time. Her body started to ache as she watched the hair around his belly button grow denser while she inched the sheet down further to reveal the object of her search.

She was barely able to stifle a moan at the sight of Logan's cock. Rogue paused slightly just to stare at the incredible organ before she pulled the covering lower to reveal amazingly sexy, muscular thighs.

Moving with stealth confidence, Rogue crawled toward Logan, moving down his body until she was eye to eye with his Cyclops. Licking her lips again she bit down lightly on her lower lip before releasing a gentle breath onto his flesh. She watched in wonder as the thing started to grow, it never failed to amaze her that she could produce that kind of response in a man like Logan.

"Ah know ya're awake," Rogue informed him with a huskiness that made his cock twitch.

"So what if I am?" Logan's response sounded in her ears.

Rogue shifted her gaze up his body until she was looking into heated hazel eyes. "What indeed?" she returned coyly.

Faster than she could think, Logan moved, flipping her onto her back and covering her body with his own. "You're a little over dressed don't you think, darlin'?" he asked hoarsely noticing the long sleeved nightgown, gloves and scarf. "You haven't needed these in years."

"Then Ah guess ya better take 'em off," Rogue replied seductively.

Logan smiled widely a look of absolute love in his eyes. "I thought you'd never ask."

Rogue watched his eyes as he reached toward her neck and took hold of the silk scarf she wore. It tickled slightly as he slowly eased the material over her skin, inching it off of her as she'd inched down his blanket. ~


As had happened on a couple of prior occasions, the morning that Logan called for instance, the sensations in the dream felt so real that Rogue woke herself with a shiver. She could still feel the tickle of the scarf being pulled from her neck, then she realized something, she was wake and she could still feel it.

Rogue's eyes snapped open and she bolted to a sitting position only to connect with something solid and unyielding -- namely Logan. She stared into gentle hazel eyes, darkened like the ones she'd been gazing into in her dream. The look made her tremble even more than she already was. She closed her eyes knowing that she still had to be dreaming but when she opened them again nothing had changed except for the smile on Logan's face.

"You ain't dreaming, darlin'," he assured her, his voice shaking slightly.

"Logan?" Rogue questioned slowly, her eyes wide and trusting.

"It's not all I want but I'll take what I can get," Logan whispered near her ear as his hand gently cupped her face.

Rogue pulled back at the contact not wanting to hurt him. She shook her head sharply then looked down at the hand that had touched her. The contact had been so brief that Rogue hadn't noticed the softness of the caress but as she looked at the latex covered hand it all made sense.

"Do you want me to stop?" Logan asked, his eyes and tone pleaded for her not to make him.

"Noooo," Rogue cried, begging breathlessly. "Please don't stop."

Logan's hand moved to her face again and this time she didn't pull away as he made contact but instead moved into the caress. He closed his eyes as his gloved hand traced the contours of her face, his thumb climbing the curves of her lips.

"How'd ya know?" Rogue managed to gather her wits enough to ask when Logan opened his eyes again and dropped his hand to her shoulder.

"Last night," Logan started, his heart pounding at the memory, "I heard you moan then say my name, that's when I knew."

Tears filled Rogue's eyes, she couldn't stop them no matter how hard she tried. "Ya don't have t' do this, Logan," she told him as excess tears spilled down her cheeks.

Logan pulled her into his arms, holding her firmly against his chest. "Oh, darlin', you don't understand." He continued to hold her tightly to him for a few minutes, her tears seeping into the material of his shirt. Finally he pushed her back and looked down at her. When she wouldn't return his gaze he curled a latex-clad finger under her chin and lifted until she meet his eyes. "I want this as much as you, Marie," he admitted tenderly, "maybe more."

Rogue shuddered at the statement, shaking her head, still unable to believe that she wasn't dreaming. The tears should have been her first clue but things were happening so fast that she didn't even realize she was crying until Logan's hands returned to her face, wiping away the wetness.

"Don't cry, darlin'," Logan practically begged, his heart aching at the sight. "It's doesn't have to be tonight."

The statement sobered Rogue instantly. She'd waited so long she didn't want to wait any more. "Please … now."

Logan nodded as a sexy smile played at the corners of his lips. He stared deeply into her eyes as his hand dropped from her cheek back to the scarf wrapped around her neck. Logan watched Marie's eyes fall shut as the silky fabric eased over her smooth flesh. His smile broadened at the look of anticipation on her features as the scarf finally came loose in his hand. Shifting his gaze then from her face to her now exposed neck Logan blinked at what he saw. He'd forgotten, once he saw her again, about the gift he'd made to her at the front door of the mansion before he'd left. Now, as he stared at the silver chain that rested against her neck he wondered how he'd forgotten his precious tags.

Rogue opened her eyes when the contact stopped only to find Logan staring at the chain he'd given her. She smiled slightly then whispered in a throaty voice, "Ah wanted t' keep ya close."

Swallowing Logan met her gaze as he lifted his hand to trace the path of the chain to where it disappeared beneath her nightgown. Moving his hands back to her shoulders, they started a slow descent down her arms, catching the top of her long gloves and peeling them off as they went.

Her hands free of the ever-present barrier, Rogue reached out and touched his cotton covered chest. She felt his breath catch and a slight tremor ripple through him at the contact but before she could continue his hands pushed hers away.

Logan shook his head at her as he positioned her arms back down at her sides. Tonight was his night and he was calling the shots. It wasn't about his pleasure it was about hers. He tried to convey that thought in the heated look he gave her and she seemed to understand.

Moving his hands back up the way they'd come, Logan settled them again on her shoulders. After a brief pause he pushed against them lightly forcing Rogue to return to a reclined position against the pillows. He looked down at her for a moment with a mixture of adoration and barely controlled lust then nudged her hip slightly. "Slide over," he demanded quietly, his voice sounding gruff.

Rogue obeyed the command and scooted over to the far side of her bed allowing Logan room beside her. Closing her eyes, she licked her lips and swallowed against her dry throat waiting, for what she wasn't certain. Rogue felt the bed move near her feet and looked down to find Logan's knees resting against the foot of the bed.

Meeting her gaze again, Logan reached down and took up her right foot then, grabbing the material between her toes, ripped her sock off with a deep growl. Rogue's eyes widened as he repeated the procedure with her left sock, the feral growl growing louder. A dull ache had started somewhere in the pit of her stomach and was moving down her body. Taking a deep, ragged breath, she wondered what was coming next.

Logan stared at her as she looked at him with wide-eyed innocence and longing. His heart was already pounding in his chest and his breathing was becoming more erratic by the minute. He had wanted to go slow but the torture was becoming more than the man could take, the animal was threatening to take him over. "Do have another gown?" he asked her tightly, waging war against Wolverine as he moved to stand beside the bed.

"Yes," Rogue responded, arching a brow, wondering why that was important at that moment. A second later she got her answer.

*SNIKT*

A single deadly claw extended through the flesh of his hand and the back of his glove, the tip of the blade less than an inch from her neck. In one fluid movement, the claw slipped under the top of her nightgown and sliced right down the middle of it to the hem.

Rogue shivered at the action, not because she was afraid but because his power excited her. It was like the dream last night of him taking her against the wall, she loved Logan but sometimes she wanted Wolverine too.

Logan returned to the foot of the bed then slowly started to crawl up Rogue's body, one hand and one knee on either side of her. By now his arousal was plainly obvious but he ignored it, reminding himself that this was about Marie. Straddling her waist, Logan reached with both hands for the ragged edges of the nightgown hanging slightly open where he'd cut it. Ever so slowly he pulled back the pieces to reveal her chest, his tag resting comfortably between two perfect breasts. He started at her reverently, licking dry lips and wishing that he could taste her sweet flesh. Knowing that wasn't possible Logan settled for skimming his hands over her shoulders to fully release her from the confines of the top of the garment.

Rogue shifted slightly to allow her shredded nightgown to slip off her shoulders. She bit her lower lip and watched as Logan hands moved back down her shoulders, his fingers following the path of the chain once again only this time he went all the way. Rogue gasped when the softness of his gloves brushed the insides of her breasts. She shifted underneath him and felt a heavy hardness against her stomach, knowing exactly what it was.

The deep, low growl that issued from Logan's lips made her stomach do a flip-flop. Marie stared at his face, watching the battle as he fought for control of his body. She never would have guessed that she would gain that much control over him, to be able to do that to him.

"Do you see what you do to me, Marie?" he asked tightly, his voice barely above a whisper. Taking her hand in his he cupped hers around his throbbing cock. "Can you feel what you do to me?"

Rogue moved her fingers against him wishing the material separating them would disappear and let her really touch him -- without hurting him of course. Instantly he pulled her hand away again and she wanted to cry at the loss, the feel of him throbbing against her hand was something she'd never forget. "Ya make me feel the same way, Logan," she assured him, her own tone rough with desire.

Logan doubted that was true, he doubted he could ever make her feel the way she made him feel. "I'm gonna try, darlin'," he promised as his hands descended again onto the fullness of her breasts. He squeezed them gently, feeling the weight in his hands, smiling as Marie whimpered beneath him. Releasing his fingers he let his thumbs graze her tightening nipples and was rewarded with a moan from deep in her throat.

To Rogue it seemed like hours that Logan worked on her chest, pinching and teasing her nipples until they were so hard she thought they'd shatter yet when his hands left them she cried out at the loss.

"I'm not going anywhere, Marie," Logan assured her tenderly. "I haven't even started." Shifting slightly he moved down her body, pulling the nightgown down with him, opening the front and pulling the rest out from beneath her. Logan's eyes skimmed down her body as he revealed it slowly, her slim ribs, her smooth stomach and when the top of the patch of hair became visible he stopped. {No underwear?}

"What's wrong, Logan?" Rogue asked in a slightly trembling tone. He'd paused a moment ago and hadn't moved a muscle since except for his heavy breathing.

Logan shifted his gaze to meet hers his jaw clenched tightly as he pulled again, her scent immediately becoming overwhelming. His nostrils flared uncontrollably at the heady smell of her arousal and he yanked the fabric in his hands hard until it was no longer an obstacle. He stilled again, closing his eyes and trying to control his lust. After a moment he opened his eyes again and stared down at her body. His hands found her ankles and he skimmed the surface of her legs as he moved sending shivers up her spine. His hands came to a stop on her knees, remaining idle there for a beat before gently urging them apart.

Rogue tried to relax and let Logan proceed but she was a bit embarrassed as he spread her leg further and further apart. Then she looked at him and the heat from his gaze turned her embarrassment to something else, something that set fire to the core of her being.

"You're so beautiful, Marie," he murmured softly, his voice richer than she ever remembered hearing it. "Do you have any idea how good you smell?" Logan had barely finished the question before leaning forward until his face was less than an inch from her folds.

Rogue fought the urge to flinch as Logan lowered his head. She was sure that he was going to touch her but instead he simply inhaled deeply, the release of the breath tickling her wet flesh. Rogue started breathing again when Logan sat back up. She was about to warn him not to do that again when his hands began moving up over her thighs.

As Logan hands started past her knees he moved them toward the outside and continued up over her hips. He smiled when she lifted her hips as his hands passed because he knew what she wanted. Sliding his hands up her sides and back up to her breasts, Logan positioned himself between her knees so she couldn't close her legs. As he once again brought her nipples to attention she continued lifting her hips off the bad.

"What should I do now?" Logan questioned her, purposely teasing her. Wanting her to tell him what to do.

"Touch me," Rogue begged loudly enough to almost constitute a shout.

Logan's left eyebrow quirk playfully. He knew that she didn't know how she wanted to be touched, he'd show her that, but he did know where she wanted to be touched. "I am touching you, darlin'."

"Lower," she demanded softly.

Moving his hands from her breasts, Logan went as low as her belly button then stopped to trace haphazard designs on her stomach. "Here?"

"Lower," Rogue repeated more urgently, her hips shifting slightly.

"Tell me where?" Logan insisted softly, grabbing her hips and holding them still.

"Ya know where, Logan, please," she pleaded frantically, a fine sheen of perspiration developing on her upper lip.

"All right, darlin'," he agreed tenderly, sliding his right hand from her hip to cup her soft mound.

Rogue bucked wildly against his hand, screaming out his name as she came hard without any effort on his part.

Arching a brow in amazement, Logan continued to press against her as she shuddered beneath him. He waited until the tremors in her body subsided before he started again, slipping a single finger through her slick folds to make her squirm. As she became accustomed to that contact, Logan opened her up more and increased the pressure but was careful to stay away from the tight bud of nerves he knew was nestled just a little higher up.

Rogue thought she was losing her mind as new sensations presented themselves at every turn. She shifted her hips against Logan's hand, marveling at his strength and gentleness all at the same time.

Logan stroked her softly as she stroked his ego with her whimpering and whining and moaning. Rogue wasn't the first virgin he'd been with but none of them had responded like this. {Maybe that's because you never really cared until now.} Trying to force that thought into the back of his mind where it belonged, Logan adjusted his hand and gently slid his middle finger just inside her hot opening.

"Lo-gan," was Marie's loud, broken response to the invasion.

"Does that feel good, baby?" Logan asked in a rough whisper, deepening the penetration as far as he could into her tight center.

"Gawd … yes," she all but screamed in response.

Logan could feel she was close again as a second finger joined the first. As he pumped his fingers into her faster he brought his thumb up to press firmly against her clit.

"Ahh … huh … ooh," Rogue moaned loudly, arching her back off the bed and digging her heels into the mattress. "Lo-GAN." Her eyes closed tightly against the exquisite pain ripping through her body. It felt like she was on fire, every nerve ending sending signals at the same time. Rogue's muscles ached and she couldn't stop the long keening cry that escaped her lips. She wondered about the laser light show playing against her eyelids but was too out of it to formulate a hypothesis.

As before Logan didn't removed his hand from her as she rode the waves of pleasure he'd produced for her. {God, I wish you were holding my cock instead of my fingers.} His groin tightened at the thought, obviously sharing the sentiment.

Rogue opened her eyes slowly as her orgasm faded and found Logan staring at her, his face flushed, his eyes dark. "Ah love ya, Logan," she told him suddenly.

"I love you, Marie," he admitted hoarsely. "I wish I could give you so much more."

Tears filled Rogue's eyes as she wished for the same thing. "D'ya hear me complainin'?"

Logan shook his head slowly, still unsatisfied. Wanting to extend her experience, he moved the fingers still embedded in her.

Rogue gasped at the sudden movement, her eyes pressing shut instantly. A moment later she was able to open her eyes and she watched Logan hands work against her for a beat before shifting her gaze elsewhere. Logan's penis was straining against the cotton of his long johns and she realized that he had been ignoring himself in favor of her. "Logan," she called out, working to make her voice level so he would know that it wasn't just another cried of passion. He looked up almost immediately and Rogue let her gaze travel up his hard body to his face. "What 'bout you?"

Logan shook his head but his hand faltered, his entire body shaking with the need for release.

Leaning forward, Rogue grabbed the wrist of his right hand and forced it to stop its movements. She pulled slightly until his fingers slid out of her and he was no longer touching her.

Once Rogue released his wrist, Logan lifted his hand toward his face, once again getting a good whiff of her scent. Flexing his fingers he stared at the juices on the glove. After a beat he moved his hand closer to his face, his tongue snaking out between his lips to taste her sweetness. {I won't taste you the first time like this.}

Rogue watched Logan studying his hand until she noticed the silent tears spilling from his eyes. "Logan," she called to him again, waiting until he was looking at her before continuing, "c'mere, sugah." She held out her arms for him and after a moment he leaned down towards her. Rogue wrapped her arms around his shoulder and pulled him down on top of her, pulling part of a sheet over her shoulder so he had a place to lay his head. Holding him tightly to her, Rogue could feel his throbbing cock straining against the spot Logan's hand had so recently left. Knowing that this was as close as they were going to get for the time being, she lifted her hips upward.

Logan's breath caught and he started to pant heavily, the hot air passing though the sheet and onto her skin. For a long minute he didn't move then he pressed his lower body more firmly against her and rolled his own hips producing a low moan from them both. Their combined voice made his decision and Logan started a slow, gentle rhythm against her. Despite his state of arousal, he was determined to make this last long enough for Marie to cum with him. Shifting his position slightly, Logan slide a hand between them to spread her folds then ground his rock hard cock against her clit. Four more thrusts like that and they were shouting each others names as their juices soaked into the front of his long johns.

Rolling onto his back, Logan pulled Rogue with him and up onto his chest. They panted together for a few minutes before their breathing slowly returned to normal.

"That was incredible," Rogue sighed softly, running naked fingers over the softness of his shirt.

Despite the fact that they hadn't actually had intercourse, Logan had to agree. "Some day it'll be even better," he promised her as just a hint of frustration seeped into his voice.

Rogue sighed and rested her head on his chest. "Ah can't imagine anythin' bein' better 'an that," she returned quietly, her tone slow and tired.

"Then I still have a lot to show you, darlin'," Logan stated evenly, rolling onto his side and pulling the covers around them as he shifted position to spoon Marie. He knew she was tired after the long, emotional night.

With a smile Rogue cuddled back against Logan's warm body and closed her eyes. Faster than she would have thought possible she was asleep and this time she didn't have to dream because Logan was really with her.


Rogue woke with the same smile, stretching out the kinks in overused muscles without opening her eyes, at least not until she became aware of the fact that Logan was gone. At that her eyes snapped open, the horrible thought that it had once again only been a dream gripped her heart in a devastatingly painful manner. Tears appeared in her eyes as she sat up in the bed and as the blankets fell down around her waist she realized that she was naked. Glancing around there were other signs that it hadn't been a dream, her shredded nightgown laying at the foot of the bed, the smell of sweat and body fluids thick in the air. That left only one question, where was Logan?

Rising from the bed, Rogue headed for the bathroom. The door was half closed so she paused outside and called out to him. There was no response. Turning, the tears multiplied as she noticed that all the camping gear and most of Logan's things were gone. About the only thing left was the pair of long johns he'd been wearing, now hanging from the towel rake. {D'ya run again?}

With a heavy sigh she reluctantly stepped into the shower to wash off all that remained of their first and apparently only night together. Rogue sobbed heavily as the hottest water she could stand scalded her skin and soaked into strained muscles. She stayed there until the water started to cool then she got out and dried off before wrapping the towel around her shivering body and making her way back into the bedroom.

Distraught over Logan's disappearance, Rogue grabbed the first thing she saw, which happened to be one of his new flannel shirts, and pulled it on. {At least he left ya somethin'.} Not knowing what else to do, she laid down in the bed that had been Logan's and curled into a tight ball, hugging her knees to her chest. Her body shook violently with sobs as she rocked herself back and forth like her mother used to do when she was a child. She was so out of it that she failed to hear the door quietly open behind her.

Logan entered the room with a smile expecting to still find Marie sleeping where he'd left her. The smile faltered a little when he noticed she was gone. Stepping into the room and closing the door behind him he finally noticed her in the other bed. The smile returned as he made his way across the room, at least until he realized that her body was shaking. "Marie?"

Rogue closed her eyes against the sound of his voice in her head. {Ya have t' find a way t' make it stop. He's gone again and that's that.} The gentle hand on her shoulder startled her at that point and she turned sharply in bed her hands prepared to strike out, until she realized who it was. "Logan."

"You've been cryin'," he said gruffly, grabbing a pair of gloves from his coat pocket and pulling them on quickly. "What's wrong, darlin'?" he asked, dropping onto the bed beside her and wrapping her tightly in her arms.

"Ah thought ya left me," Rogue admitted in the most heart breaking of tones. "Ah woke up an' ya weren't here an' the stuff was gone." In her state of mind she was talking in a rush, her words a continuous stream.

{You stupid, fucking bastard, look what you did to her!} "Oh, darlin', I'm sorry I made you think that. I woke up and there was so much to do and I didn't want to wake you because you looked so beautiful." Now it was Logan's turn to run off at the mouth, sounding like the desperate man that he was. He pulled her trembling body closer and buried his face in her hair. "Please forgive me, Marie."

Rogue pulled back slightly to look at him, the love and pain in his eyes was all she needed to see. "Course Ah forgive ya. Where'd ya go?" she wanted to know.

Pulling her back into his embraced, Logan told her. "I was returning the camping gear and stuff."

"Returnin' it?" Rogue repeated, clearly confused by the comment. "Why'd ya do that?"

"'Cause we're not going to need it," Logan replied gently. "We're going home."

"But what 'bout yer past? Ah thought we's gonna go back an' search again?"

Logan shook his head, a determined set to his jaw. "I realized something last night, Marie," he started slowly, lifting her chin to look into her eyes. "When I was laying there holding you after you'd fallen asleep, I came to the conclusion that my past isn't nearly as important as our future. We could spend months or even years out here searching for answers and never find anything. If we go home I have a better change of finding what I'm looking for now."

"An' what's that?" Rogue wanted to know.

"A way to touch you … without these," Logan told her, indicating his gloves. "I want to make love to you fully, Marie. I want to feel your skin against mine and not through a piece of fabric. I want to taste on you what I can still smell this morning. For that I'd give up the fifteen years I do remember."

Renewed tears flowed down Rogue's face but they weren't sad tears any more. "Ah love ya so much."

"C'mon," Logan said with a grin, pulling her to her feet. "Let's get you dressed and get on the road. New York is a long drive."

Rogue nodded then gave him a fierce hug before moving across the room to get dressed. She was rummaging through her things for something comfortable to wear when Logan called her name. She looked with a questioning smile.

"I love you more, Marie." THE END

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1971