"I knew, the minute you wrecked my favorite Camper..." by minxgal
Summary: Rogue's angry, and she makes her way to Canada. But things don't go according to plan and a crash followed by a Snow Storm in one of the worst Canadian winters recorded, have startling effects.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Adult, Angst, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 33731 Read: 113010 Published: 09/12/2007 Updated: 08/04/2011

1. Revelations and Crashes by minxgal

2. Curse the day... by minxgal

3. Logan and Marie by minxgal

4. Getting Acquainted in front of the Fireplace by minxgal

5. Yours, Mine, and that we share. by minxgal

6. Tentative touches by minxgal

7. All yours, Sugah. by minxgal

8. Is this love? by minxgal

9. Logan, Sugah…I think we need to talk. by minxgal

10. Going Back by minxgal

11. Things Changed by minxgal

12. Walls and Rumours by minxgal

13. Blood on my Hands by minxgal

14. It's Mutation by minxgal

15. To be Revealed by minxgal

Revelations and Crashes by minxgal
Author's Notes:
I just woke up one morning and thought, "Hey, I feel like writing Fanfiction today!" So I did, and this was the result. It's not finished yet, but chapter two will be up in no time. ;)

*hint hint* Minksy LOVES reviews!
Revelations and Crashes


“YOU BASTARD!”

The loud cry shook the house, and everyone in a two mile radius of the Xavier Mansion could hear it. Something, or rather, someone had pissed of The Rogue. This was never a good thing. The mansion and its grounds became deathly silent, until the loud BANG, indicating a door being slammed off its hinges. Sometimes she just didn’t want to remember her own strength.

Inside the mansion a young woman came storming down the stairs, a door lying in the hall behind her, shattered. Everyone shrunk back from her; The Rogue’s temper was legend among the older and younger students. Not to mention her strength and deadly skin.

Reaching the bottom stairs she ran into a man with red sunglasses. He stopped her from storming any further and she glared at him.

“What the fuck do you want, Scott?” she asked, her tone of voice making it quite clear that she had no qualms whatsoever in throwing him through the nearest wall. He flinched, barely, but noticeably.

“What is going on? What ha-…” Scott looked up as another man appeared at the top of the stairs, wearing only his jeans…which wasn’t closed properly. Scott’s mouth formed a silent ‘o’, and Rogue glared up at the figure before pushing Scott out of her way.

“Rogue, wait, please! Let me explain!” the man began, but Rogue turned around and flew toward him, grabbing his throat and slamming him against a wall. She was still floating, and the mans feet hovered above the ground. Scott began running up the stairs calling her name.

“You ever touch or speak to me again, worm, I will kill you in the most horrible way imaginable.” She dropped him, shoved Scott into – and through – the nearest door, and landed deftly in front of the main door. By now tears were streaming down her cheeks.

~Rogue, what’s going on?~

~Piss of Xavier, I don’t want to talk to you now~ Professor Xavier sighed mentally. She’d always felt him as a father. Needless to say that this was a really bad situation if she was prepared to swear at him.

~Rogue, don’t go. Stay here. I’m sure we can sort this out.~

Rogue snapped, now making her way to the garage. ~Fuck you, Xavier. Don’t even try to convince me to stay. You go get the bastard and his whore’s, and let them explain why you just lost a team leader, K?~

~Please, Rogue…~

~No, Xavier.~ She sighed mentally. ~Don’t try to find me. Maybe I’ll come back, maybe I won’t. But I really just need a little time. To think.~


Charles Xavier sighed in his study. Once Rogue decided to put up her mental shields, there was no getting through. He’d taught her how to do that himself. In a way he was proud, but also a little sad. Rogue was a daughter to him, and he surely would miss her. He turned back to the matter at hand. He’d just lost the best leader he had since Scott, and someone had explaining to do.

~Scott, Hank, Jean, Remy, Ororo, Kurt, and every other damned team member in this place, get your ass’s into my office, NOW!~ the Professor rarely swore, if ever, and this little wake up call had everyone in his office within five minutes, some scarcely dressed.

“WHAT happened? Why did I just lose one of my best leaders?” his voice was calm, as was his face, but to those who knew him, there was a dangerous glint in his eye.

“It’s my fault sir. She caught me with Jean sir…” the man looked at the floor, blue marks forming where Rogue had grabbed him around his neck. Jean was also looking at the floor. She, at least, had an excuse for sleeping with him. She’d been severely drunk, and he was there. Liquor made her horny…and her fiancé, Scott, wasn’t there. Said fiancé was now glaring at both offenders.

“With Jean…” the professor repeated. His voice was dangerously calm. “And the previous time with Katherine and Jubilation? Didn’t you learn anything then?”

The young man stayed silent, facing the floor. “I’m sorry sir.” After a short lecture, the professor banned the man from the team, and dismissed them. Jean was immediately pulled aside by Scott for a nice long talk. The professor just looked out the window. He’d heard the car leave all but ten minutes ago.


Rogue had put up her mental blocks and tried desperately not to cry. She walked over to the garage, and looked at the cars parked there. Her eyes fell on the Jeep that Xavier had given her for her graduation the year before. She grabbed the keys, checked that her emergency bag was still in the there, before starting the jeep and driving from the place that had been her home for the past six years.

She didn’t want to think about what happened. But the more she tried to block out the images of the man she loved moving against Jean – JEAN! – the more intense they became and the more the tears fell down her eyes. Soon she could barely see where she was going, but she kept on driving. Night fell just as she crossed the border into Canada.

Her mind kept telling her that she was tired, that she needed to rest, but she refused. For hours into the night she kept driving. She wanted to put more distance between her and everything she wanted to forget at Westchester. Her eyes were still fogged from her constant crying, and in the dark she didn’t notice the large camper coming, until it was to late. With a deafening crash the two vehicles collided and Rogue hit her head against the steering wheel. She had just enough time to be thankful she’d worn her seatbelt, before she was enveloped in darkness.


The Wolverine stood with one hand against cage bars, in the other he held a dirty glass filled with whisky, and from his mouth protruded a cigar. The cage was surrounded by screaming men and whoring women, everyone there to bet on the fights. He would win again. He always did. That was why he was The Wolverine.

He heard the cage door open as another brave challenger stepped into the cage. “Tonight, you’re mine Wolvie!” he cried, to please the crowd mostly. But it only served to piss the Wolverine off. The announcer barely had time to introduce the fight before Wolverine flew forward, bringing an iron fist into the other mans gut. That simply left bringing his elbow down on the bent mans back, and the ass lay unconscious on the floor. The crowd was silent for a few seconds, before bursting out in joyful cries again.

When all the fights were over, every challenger beat, Wolverine went over to the bar to collect his winnings, and a few more drinks. He sat and drank just long enough to feel a little fuzzy, knowing that the moment he steeped outside his wonderful and cursed healing mutation would allow him to be fully sober again. How he hated the inability to become drunk. Good and properly pissed.

Taking the wad of cash from the counter and placing it in his worn leather jacket, he finished his last drink before walking out.

“We’ll see you next time Wolverine!” the bartender shouted after his greatest attraction, and he received only a growl in return.

Logan walked over to his Camper, got in and lit another cigar. Within seconds he was back on the road. He’d been travelling these roads for close to twenty years. He should know them well enough. Heading for the next circuit, hoping to make it before first light, he sped up.

He reached over for the radio and tried to pop in a cassette. Which refused to be inserted, and promptly fell on the floor. With another irritated growl he bent down, confident in his abilities to keep on steering, to pick up the cassette. Finally closing his hand around it he sat back up and looked back to the road. Even with his lighting reflexes, Wolverine couldn’t swerve out of the way fast enough and he felt himself flying forward as he collided with a jeep.
Curse the day... by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Yep, I told yall I'm quick! May I present, Chapter 2!

Have fun! ;)
Curse the day...


Landing on the soft snow behind the jeep Wolverine could feel a few things being completely out of place in his body. With a groan he removed a sharp piece of metal from his leg, only to see the gash heal. Within minutes he was able to move without too much pain, and twenty minutes later an angry Wolverine rose to his feet, intent on telling the other driver exactly what he thought of them.

He reached the door and yanked it open. To his shock a young body fell from the seat when the door it had been leaning on opened so suddenly. She toppled straight into his arms. He quickly noticed that there was blood on her shirt and he pulled her hair back from her face. There was a rather large cut on the side of her head, and a blue-ish bruise above her eyes.

He laid her down on the snow, and sat back to look at her, unsure what to do. He noticed that her beautiful dark hair was laced with two white streaks on either side of her face. Curious, he leaned forward and touched one of the streaks. Her eyes opened so suddenly that it seemed she’d awoken from the dead.

She quickly scrambled back, but barely managed a couple of feet before bending over and retching in the snow. She fell back and clutched her head. “Fuck, that hurts!” she hissed, grabbing a handful of snow and holding it against her head. She barely took notice of the man sitting not far from her as she clutched her throbbing head. She DID notice him when he started moving closer though.

“Stay the hell away from me asshole.” She threatened. The fact that she smelled dead serious and completely unafraid amused Wolverine.

“Look kid, I’m just trying to help. C’mere.” He moved even closer and reached out to her but she swatted his hand away with a gloved one of her own. He sat back on his haunches and eyed her warily. “What is your problem?” he asked, becoming slightly annoyed.

“I don’t like to be touched. Just…don’t touch me.” She hissed right back. “And don’t call me kid. My name’s Rogue.” An eyebrow raised, but then Wolverine simply shrugged.

“Nice name.” he said, a slight bit of sarcasm in his voice. The look she gave him almost made him laugh. “Name’s Wolverine, Darlin’.” He said before moving closer again. Rogue glared at him from under her gloved hand. And she tried to move away again. “I ain’t gonna hurt you kid.” He was surprised by the way she looked at him.

“It ain’t me I’m worried about.”

Still wondering what she could have meant by that he stood up and walked over to the camper while Rogue still struggled to sit up properly, without feeling dizzy. – How the hell did he escape getting bloody hurt? – she asked herself. She’d been pretty sure she’d seen him flying over the jeep, and the whole in his windshield only proved that. She sat there, lost in her thoughts, when she suddenly felt something on her shoulders. Jerking around she found Wolverine with a blanket in his hands, his eyebrow raised again.

“I told you I don’t like to be fucking touched!” she yelled at him but he snorted.
“I ain’t touchin’ you, Darlin’. Just thought that you might get cold sitting on the snow for so long. Brought you a damn blanket.” He dropped it and turned back to the camper. “It’s warmer in there darlin’. Not much, but it ain’t no damned snow cone.” He growled over his shoulder, before climbing into the ruined camper. Not wanting to freeze to death, Rogue tried to stand, but she was unsuccessful. Looking up she found Wolverine watching her. Defiantly she tried to stand again, and when that failed, she tried to fly, but her body was just too tired. She groaned.

“Wolverine, can I get a little help here please?!” she called over to him, refusing to look him in his eyes. He smirked as he picked her up, noticing for the first time that her entire body, with the exception of her face, was covered. Deciding not to comment, he carried her to the camper and deposited her inside, on the bed at the far end. He’d closed of the crushed front section, and the room felt a little warmer than outside. Rogue groaned and leaned back.

“You hurt bad, kid?” he looked over to her. He didn’t exactly know why he asked. Or why he wanted to help her. But he knew that he wanted to. He wanted to do something to help ease the pain he was sure she felt. He also loved her soft Southern drawl. For some reason it just seemed to fit her. –Get a grip Wolverine. She ain’t ever gonna be touched by you.- he turned around and lit a small gas fire before turning to the small fridge and taking out a beer.

“I thought I told you not to call me Kid. It’s Rogue.” She mumbled from the bed as she watched the way his very nicely muscled – What the FUCK?! – body moved as he took a beer from the fridge. –Not the time to think like that! Gods, you don’t even know him! - she scolded herself. “And no, I’m not hurt that badly. I just need some rest.” She saw him nod, before she felt a sharp pain in her gut. She hissed and Wolverine swung around, just in time to see her clutch her stomach and slump over in a dead faint.



For a few suspended seconds Wolverine merely watched the slumped figure before he dropped his beer, cursing at the mess it made. He rushed over to the bed and lowered her slowly from her sitting position so that she was lying on her back. Apparently she’d been hurt worse than she was willing to admit. He reached over for the hem of her sweater before she moaned. After a few seconds he reached again and lifted her shirt. Across her stomach was a horrible blue, purple and red stripe. The seatbelt. It had hurt her worse than even he thought.

With a loud growl he surveyed the damaged body in front of him. He knew it was his fault. If he’d been focused, if he hadn’t tried to go for that damn cassette, she might still be ok, and headed to wherever she was going.

That’s when he noticed it. Left hand, fourth finger. A beautiful sapphire surrounded by smaller frost diamonds. She was engaged…and dying in his camper. And it was his fault. He did this. Knowing that he had to do something, he removed his driving gloves. He’d completely forgotten about them in all the commotion. After placing them on the counter he walked back to her and pressed his hands against her stomach, hoping to feel what was damaged.

He never got the chance.

Wolverine noticed that he couldn’t remove his hands from her, but that something was pulling him. Pulling his life from him. He hissed when a felt a throbbing pain through his entire body, but he held onto his life. At least long enough to see two beautiful brown eyes open and shock cross the features of the girl before everything went black.



Rogue felt odd. There was something not quite right. Was she dead? Her vision swam as the roof of the camper came into few. Apparently not. And it hadn’t been a dream either. Rogue wanted to shift when she suddenly realised that there were hands on her stomach. Her eyes flew wide open and she stared at Wolverine in shock. She grabbed his hands and pulled them away from her. She screamed.

She was a murderer. Wolverine was dead. –It wasn’t my fault. It wasn’t my fault. It WASN’T my fault! He touched me!- she said to herself over and over again. She felt like crying again and she pulled her legs against her…and she stopped.

There was no pain. Nothing. She felt the side of her head where the cut had been, but it was gone. She looked for a mirror, but had to settle for a spoon. The bruise above her eyes where gone too. She touched her stomach and pressed as hard as she could, but she felt fine. No pain whatsoever. –But how can that be?- she asked herself. Dhe didn’t have long to ponder the answer – there was a groan from the floor by the bed. She swung around and rushed to Wolverine. She noticed she could hear his heartbeat from where she was standing and, overjoyed, she picked him up and placed him on the bed where she’d been not minutes earlier.

She stood for a moment before it hit her. He was a mutant. He was like her. So he healed. That was good. But she also noticed that she had much better sight, hearing and sense of smell. All his that he shared with her. But there was another thing too. A loud growling in her head. Great. –That’s all I need, another damned passenger. Bloody animal. – The Wolverine in her head purred at the insult.

She decided to try and tap into his mutation power a litte more. All she managed to do was bring up a rush of bad memories. Memories that weren’t hers; of needles, and pain, metal and men in white coats. She groaned and sank to the floor. Like she needed to carry his baggage as well. She tried her best to stuff as many of those memories as possible behind a block. She sighed. It was a good thing he healed.

She looked around the camper and saw a small radio tucked into a corner. She switched it on just in time to hear the weather report at 5am.

“-coldest winter in history! The Snowstorm will last anything from a week to three weeks, and all roads will be blocked. We recommend that everyone stock up on supplies, and make sure that you have everything you need before tonight. Where going to be holed up tight for near to a month, so please make sure you are prepared!
In other news…-“ Rogue switched of the radio. This camper was definitely not going to be suitable for a month.

Deciding to use her new temporary heightened senses, she grabbed the nearest jacket, a long green, hooded one, and headed outside. She hoped against hope that she’d find something at least.



Wolverine awoke slowly and with a rather annoying headache. He groaned and sat up, noticing that he was on the bed. It all came back to him suddenly. The girl! He stood up quickly, but his head swam and he sat back down.

“Thank god you’re awake! I’ve been waiting for hours!” she walked to him and slapped him hard. “You touch me again, and I won’t stop until your dead.” She hissed. Then she kissed his cheek. “But thank you.” With a kick to his shins that pulled him from his shocked state she turned around and threw him his jacket. “Get up big guy. I can’t carry you all the way. We need to get out of here NOW. “

Wolverine caught the jacket, but he didn’t move. “What the fuck happened? What did you do? And where the hell are we going?” He didn’t get up, sitting there like a hard headed child. Rogue growled in a very Wolverine like way. He cocked his head at the sound. “I don’t have time to explain now, Sugah, but we got to get outta here. Our survival depends on it, ya big brute. Now get your ass in line and come.”

Something had changed about her. She sounded different. –She sounds like me. - he realised. He didn’t now whether to be pleased, baffled or highly pissed. He settled for confused, but he got up and walked over to her. “Where we headed?”

“You’ll see.” She said, not even bothering to look at him. “Just keep up.” And with that she jumped from the camper and started running. With a loud grunt, Wolverine jumped as well and followed her. –Curse the day we met. I bloody curse it.-
Logan and Marie by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Ok ok... So I tossed in some of the movie lines. They're so cute, how could I resist!!
Logan and Marie


“Where exactly are you taking me, kid?”

Wolverine was anything but happy. First his favourite Camper, fourth in a long line of campers, was now basically useless unless he planned to settle down in the middle of the road. Two, of all the people he had to drive into, it had to be the most annoying, young, squeekish * don’t forget beautiful, soft, untouchable innocent, I’m so screwed… * brat on the road. If that wasn’t enough he almost had life sucked completely from him – though he’d never admit that it was partly his fault too. He was in no mood to be fucked around, and being rushed from his Camper while he had an ear splitting headache… he considered that being fucked around.

When Rogue didn’t answer he growled loudly and grabbed her gloved hand. He was not going to move another step before she told him where the hell the where heading. He planted his feet and with a yelp, Rogue came to a halt as well. She turned around, furious. Her arm hurt from the sudden yanking action.

“What do you think you’re doing!? I told you never to touch me again!” she glared at him and tried to pull her hand out of his. When that didn’t work she decided it was time to use her gifts from ‘Dear Carol’ again. Grabbing a hold of his wrist she pulled him passed her, using his momentum to slam him into a nearby tree. She flew up to him and hovered in front of him, her eyes parallel with his. Needless to say he was more than just a little stunned at what had happened. Even more so now that he could smell her so much better. She was definitely unafraid, but she was still nervous. *So, little girl is afraid of her own big powers. Interesting…* Wolverine did his best not to smirk. Instead he kept his face blank as he answered.

“Listen ‘Rogue’, you just wrecked my camper, and then nearly killed me. Not to mention rushing me out of there before I could even grab my stuff. Now I wanna know where the FUCK you’re taking me, and I want to know NOW!”

Rogue floated back a few feet and landed. He’d been out for hours; they didn’t have time to argue.

“Fine, go back to you’re blasted Camper, but if you die in the bitch of a snow storm headed this way, don’t expect me to help you!” she turned away and walked on, and after a minute or so she heard an angry grumble and footsteps crunching in the snow behind her as Wolverine hurried to catch up. She should have just left him in the camper. But she knew she never would have. Apart from having saved mutants for the past three years as leader of an elite mutant team called X-JM, or the junior X-men, she felt a connection to the big brute. She just didn’t know what type yet. She continued leading the way to the small cottage she’d found, hidden deep in the woods.


Wolverine was just as busy with his thoughts. After being rammed into a tree by a bloody teenager he still had no explanation, and no matter how he’d tried to convince his body not to follow the kid, it had it’s own mind. Before he knew what happened he was following her again. He growled softly before catching up to her. She probably had some mind control powers thrown into her dangerous little mix.

Which brought another earlier thought back to him. She’d sounded like him twice now. Once in the Camper, and again when she’d slammed him to the tree. She’d started sounding like that after he’d touched her. He’d also noticed that all her bruises where gone. So she borrowed some of his powers. Maybe that was why she was so afraid of her skin. *Many ways around that* he thought, before giving himself a hard mental punch. Of all the things Wolverine was, Cradle Snatcher was NOT one of them.

Yet, through careful observation, the way she moved she couldn’t really be described as a child, and he knew it. O, did he know. But as long as she was still the bratty kid in his mind, they were both safe. For now, at least.

Wolverine was so busy with his jumble of thoughts that he didn’t notice Rogue coming to a stop and he ran into her. With an OOF, they both fell to the ground. For the first time the Wolverine smelled fear on Rogue. She was afraid of his closeness. She was afraid of harming him with her skin. Had to be, because she hadn’t been afraid of hurting him with punches, that was for sure. Maybe her skin hurt her as well? He made a mental note to ask her about it later.

Meanwhile, Rogue was screaming, wiggling and trying to claw her way our from under the heavy Wolverine. Too close…he was too close. Feeling herself freed as he stood up, Rogue jumped of the ground and punched him hard, braking his nose. She scowled at him, watching as he righted his nose and allowed it to heal. Surprised by her punch he was infuriated, the animal in him screaming for retribution. His claws sprang from his fists and he breathed heavily.

At the sight of his claws Rogue felt some of her anger drained away. Metal claws were just not a mutation. She immediately thought of the horrible images she’d seen when he’d touched her. Wolverine smelled the sudden change in her scent, but he didn’t sheath his claws. He watched her warily as she moved forward, her eyes on his claws. When she came within two feet of him it was to much for Wolverine and he took a step back, sheathing his claws. She looked up at him inquiringly.

“Move. Snow storm, remember?” he grunted and Rogue nodded, turning and running forward. A couple of minutes later Wolverine saw what he though must be their destination. A small wooden cottage, hidden in the middle of nowhere. Well, he wasn’t about to complain. They stopped in front of the door, breathing heavily. Both recovering quickly, Rogue leaned forward and pushed the door open.



Stepping into the mild warmth the shelter of the walls offered, Wolverine took a deep breath. It wasn’t lost on Rogue.

“There’s nobody here. I’ve cleaned it out a bit in the nine hours that you where asleep. I also brought most of your things and the food you had stashed in the Camper.” She glared at him pointedly, not having had the time to explain that she’d moved most of the things here already. Knowing he made a mistake, Wolverine grunted. He was not going to apologize.

“The people who used to live here also left us an abundant supply of candles, matches, and canned food that’s still pretty good. I think we have everything we need here.” Wolverine arched an eyebrow at her.

“Everything we need? For what?”

Rogue sighed. “There’s a storm coming in that’s gonna be snowing us in for a month at least.” Wolverine’s eyes grew wide.

“A MONTH!! With YOU? What about cigars, beer, the games! I can’t survive a month on canned food, I need meat!” He didn’t want to sound panicked, though he was quite a bit disturbed at this latest revelation. Rogue simply shrugged.

“Do whatever you want, sugah. I’m gonna settle in and get ready for the storm. Ain’t gonna be getting out of here anytime soon.” She moved to the kitchen and grabbed two cans and a pot from one of the cabinets. Using the pump by the sink she pumped some water into the pot and placed it over the gas stove she’d brought from the camper. She looked at the cans and tossed them to Wolverine.

“Mind opening those sugah?” she asked as she lit a small fire beneath the pot. Moving quickly to the fireplace, she lit a fire under the wood that she’d stocked up before getting Wolverine. Within minutes it was roaring, casting the room in an eerie glow. She turned around to find Wolverine standing with the two cans in his hands, unopened. Rogue sighed.

“Just pop one of those miracle claws of yours and slice them open. I’m hungry sugah!” she told him sternly before checking on the heating water. Despite hating canned soup, Wolverine slid one claw out a few inches and made quick work of opening the cans. Rogue smiled as she took them and poured the contents into the rapidly heating water. She smiled as she stirred the pot. “Now we just have to give that a couple of minutes.”

Looking up she saw Wolverine retract the claw. Unable to resist she asked him.
“When they come out... does it hurt?” she asked softly. Considering the memories, she didn’t think he was a willing receiver of the claws. He looked at her and Rogue felt her heart rate rising.
“Every time.” Came the equally soft reply. Rogue just nodded. That explained the name, Wolverine, as well. Speaking of which… She looked back to him.

“So, what kind of name is Wolverine?”

“I don't know. What kind of name is Rogue?” he asked, staring right back at her. Rogue smiled.

“My name is Marie.” She hadn’t told anyone her name in a long time, and she didn’t know why she’d done so know. But it felt good.

“Logan.” Came the reply. For both the occupants of the cabin, the next month started looking a slight bit better when they settled in front of the warm fire with two hot cups of soup fifteen minutes later.
Getting Acquainted in front of the Fireplace by minxgal
Author's Notes:
So I love to write, sue me! hehe. Here's the next chapter!

Mellow Rogue is all for you RouDeVil!
Getting Acquainted in front of the Fireplace


He’d recommended it. Why? Most probably animal instinct. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that *Marie* looked like an angel coming out of the darker kitchen and into the illuminated living room carrying to blessed hot cups of soup. Not what he’d regularly eat, but he had to admit, he was hungry. And so, without a second thought he’d invited her to sit next to him on the blanket, backs against the couch in front of the fire. He’d given her a separate blanket to cover herself with – he could tell the touch was still quite the bit of an issue for her.

Marie was just as surprised by the invitation. She and *Logan* had gone from two strangers who were practically ready to rip each other apart, to two people who could sit in front of a fire and share stories. Which was exactly what they’d silently agreed to do. Just to sit in front of the fire and talk about where they’d been and where they were headed.

“Who first?” Marie asked as she snuggled back into the couch. She blew some of the steam away from the cup. By the look on Logan’s face she knew it would be her. She sighed.

“Where to begin?” she laughed softly. “I realized I was a mutant eight years ago. I’d been fifteen.” She took a deep breath. Logan felt like slapping himself though. Here he’d been thinking that she was a kid. No, she was a twenty three year old woman. He looked at her hand again, at the beautiful engagement ring that he’d never be able to afford. Yes, she was definitely not a kid.

“It had been my first kiss. The guy ended up in a coma for weeks.” She snorted. “Needless to say I wasn’t very much into the idea of touching or kissing since then. At first I thought I could handle it, you know?” she focused on the cup, being unable to lift her head. She felt as if she could bare her soul to the man next to her and he wouldn’t judge her. It surprised her into continuing.

“But apart from the neighbours and my parents suddenly wanting nothing to do with me, the worst was having him up here,” she put her finger to her temple, “constantly reminding me what I’d done. He’s faded by now,” *replaced by many other voices* she though, “but back then it was horrible. So I ran away. Started travelling to Alaska, but I got attacked by some cat-thing eight months into the trip. Sabretooth, I think they called him. Got saved just in time by this professor and his team of mutants. They took me to their mutant school, and I’ve been there ever since.” She finished quietly. She noticed him nodding.

“So, you’re an X-chick? Heard about you folks going and rescuing mutants, and fighting for our rights and all that. Never thought I’d meet one o’ ya.” He said, lighting one of the cigars she’d saved from his camper. Good thing too, as it had started snowing and he was sure it wouldn’t let up soon.

Marie giggled. “Never been referred to in quite that way, but yeah. That’s me.” Logan was pleased to hear the giggle. It meant she was at least relaxing. She was totally different when she was relaxed. Gone was The Rogue, the hard combatant. Much like his Wolverine. Right now only Marie and Logan were talking. “How about you Logan? What about your past?”

Logan’s face darkened a little. He looked away. He couldn’t remember his past. He remembered WW2, but after that, nothing until twenty two years ago. “You don’t want to know about my past, Marie.” He turned away but when she laughed softly, he turned back to her, trademark eyebrows raised. “What’s so funny?”

“Why don’t you want to tell me Logan? Because of the experiments? The claws? Or maybe because you think I wouldn’t approve of sitting next to a man who’s probably well over a hundred years old, a government weapon, who doesn’t know anything about himself except for the past…” she scrunched up her face as if sorting through her memories for a date. Her eyes opened triumphantly, “twenty two years? I got news for ya, sugah, I got it all up here. Just thought you might like to talk about it.”

To say that Logan was shocked would be an understatement. He stared at Marie, before he growled. “How the hell do you know that? Who are you?” the beast in him was immediately on guard. Could she have been sent for him? As if knowing what he was thinking, Marie just shook her head and giggled again.

“When ya touched me. I didn’t just borrow some of your gifts. I got some of your personality, and memories. And seein’ as you held on as long as you did, that personality is pretty strong, and the memories quite detailed.” Her face fell. “It must have been horrible, what they did.” Before allowing him to answer Marie stood up and took the two empty cups, Logan watching her go.

When Marie turned around in the kitchen, he was standing in the doorway. “I’m sorry.”

She looked up at him with a frown.

“I’m sorry I touched you. You don’t need all my shit. Nobody deserves those memories. Especially not you.”

But Marie simply smiled. “Thanks for the apology, but thanks for touching me too. You saved my life. Besides, I need some new nightmares, mine are getting boring.” She said with a wink and rinsed out the cups. “But we are not going to argue anymore. If we’re going to be living together for more than a month, I think we ought to be civil at least.” She said as she finished and turned back to him.

For a few seconds Logan could almost imagine *living* with her, as she put it. Tucking her in at night, smiling as he kissed her goodnight…*STOP right there bub! DO NOT go there! Look at the hand, remember!* he yelled at himself mentally. He forced himself to smile at her.

“You don’t have anything to worry about. I’m sure he’ll come for you, and you’ll be all rid of mean old Wolverine.” He said with a wink. He didn’t feel amused at all though. She frowned at his words.

“Who will come for me? Are you sure you’re ok?” Marie was a little worried. Did she miss something? Logan looked pointedly at her hand and Marie followed his eyes to…*O god, he thinks I’m…* She held up her hands. “It’s not what you think…”

Logan laughed humourlessly. He didn’t know why, but he suddenly felt a little hurt. She was lying to him now. She didn’t smell like lies, but he knew she was. He just knew. He turned and walked back to the fireplace. She came in a few seconds later, rolling the ring between her fingers. She sat down next to him and gathered her blanket to her.

“I’ve been staying at the Mansion a long time Logan. One of the Junior X-men…well, we thought we were in love. He convinced me that my skin would never be an obstacle for us. That we’d fit well together. He was such a ladies man when he’d come to the mansion, but when I finally gave in to him, he promised never to look at another woman again. And I thought he’d kept his promise too.” She sighed, the fresh wound opening again. She could feel the tears gathering.

“At first things went well. Then he proposed. I was ecstatic! I’d never thought anyone would want me, and here Robert Drake, one of the most sought after bachelors in the mansion, was asking me to marry him! I said yes right away…and I regret that so much now.”

“Marie…” but Marie held up her hand. She had to finish now, or she never would.

“We were so happy. Until the fateful night. He decided that he wanted to go further. He wanted more than just touching through silk and sheets. He was tired of gloves and dressing up to go to bed with me, instead of undressing. When he tried to have sex with me, I told him I wasn’t ready yet, but he ignored me. Almost cost him his life. After a month long coma he apologized, and I forgave him. Looking back now, remembering his memories and feelings that I’d absorbed, I know I should have told him to go screw himself. But I couldn’t. I didn’t want to be alone. So, when I caught him in bed with my two best friends, I turned a blind eye again.”

At this point, Logan was becoming quite angry at the Drake fellow. Some guys just didn’t know when they’d hit the jackpot. But he sensed that she wasn’t finished yet. And he knew she had to finish. It was something she *needed*, just as much as she needed him to shut up and listen. So he did.

“Kitty and Jubilee apologized for weeks afterwards, and although we weren’t all that close again, I did forgive them. Bobby was a little harder to forgive, but he is pretty insistent.” She said, a small smile playing on her lips. We were going to be married next week. I was on a business trip, but I came home early; I wanted to surprise him. I was the one who was surprised again. He was in bed with one of my teachers. AN ENGAGED TEACHER! God, I never liked her, but seeing Jean writhe against him, seeing him move into her…it was too much. They were skin to skin, something I’d never have. That was yesterday morning. I’d stormed out of there, and I didn’t stop driving until we crashed.” She looked up at him. “Sorry.” He just nodded.

“Anyway, I wrecked the door, and I guess I hurt him pretty bad. But I woulda stuffed this ring down his throat if I had the chance.” She glared at it before throwing it into one of the dark corners in the room. “Well, that’s how much I care about that.” She crossed her arms and finally she allowed herself to cry.

Not quite sure how to handle the waterworks, Logan placed a hand on her back. Marie flinched, but she allowed him to rub her back. When her sobs finally eased up she looked at him, her face red and puffy. “My mother used to rub my back like that when I was upset.” And she cried some more. She’d never cried, all these many years, and she had a lot of pent up emotion to get rid of.

Finally she just turned to Logan and cried into his shirt. For what seemed like hours, Logan simply sat there, holding her and rubbing her back. Even when he heard her heart calm down and her breathing settling into an easy rhythm, he didn’t stop. He was sad for her, he was. He prayed that one day he’d be able to meet this Bobby Drake. He’d give him a proper piece of mind. And with that thought, Logan fell asleep. For once there were no nightmares.
Yours, Mine, and that we share. by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Yup yup yup, its up!
Gimme more reviews, I need food people!
Yours, Mine, and that we share.


Logan didn’t exactly have the most pleasant wake up call, contrary to the peaceful sleep he’d enjoyed. In fact, his delightful alarm clock was a sharp kick in his side before a fist collided with his jaw. He groaned and spit out a mouthful of blood onto the floor. Just as he was about to turn around he felt another kick, this time in his ribs. “Fuck!” he swore loudly, rolling away from the struggling figure on the floor. Marie was definitely much stronger than she looked, and his healing broken rib was witness to that.

He looked on as she struggled against some invisible attacker, but at least she wasn’t lashing out anymore, like she had when he’d been next to her. She was moaning in her sleep, her face contorted in pain. Logan couldn’t take it anymore. Her scream filled the cottage and Logan leaped forward against all better judgment. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her hard.

“Marie. MARIE!”

Her eyes flew open, and he could smell the fear, anger and anxiety slowly disappear from her scent. She looked around wild eyed, trying to remember why she wasn’t it bed next to Bobby when she recalled the previous two days’ events. She looked up at Logan, but she pushed him away. “I’m fine.”

She stood up and straightened the sweater that had started to ride up, revealing a rather nicely toned abdomen, in Logan’s opinion. He leaned against the nearest wall and smirked. Marie turned to walk away when Logan’s voice stopped her.
“Fine? Yes, I suppose you are F.I.N.E. If anyone here is Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional, it’s you.” She whirled around, scowling.

“Logan, I think it’s time to warn you. I am NOT a morning person. If you give me shit now, I will remove an appendage that even your healing factor won’t grow back. Got it bub?” She turned and walked into the kitchen, intent on finding some form of caffeine. She was really going to miss her daily buzz. Logan simply stared after her, still not used to the way his own personality would appear before him when she lost her temper. But far from bothering him, it spurred him on. He wanted more of her.

Reaching the kitchen he saw her washing her hands and face. She didn’t look up at him as she spoke. “Logan, now is about a good time as any to establish some boundries.”

Boundries, cages, fences, they were all alike, and they all bothered him… and they never kept him contained for very long either. But Marie didn’t seem to notice the slight twitch in his face as he tried to keep from smiling. Between the two days he’d known her, he’d come to realise that she must have been one of the leaders in the little x-squads or whatever they called themselves. She was just too bossy to not be.

“There’s one bedroom up there.” She said, referring to the small second floor of the cottage. “There’s also a bathroom and a spare bedroom. On the groundfloor is the kitchen, the living room and another small room that I’ve turned into a small storeroom for all our things. Now, this is how things will work.”

She dried her hands, pulled the gloves on and walked over to him, hands on her hips. “Kitchen we share. Otherwise I’ll permanently have you nagging me to get you one of these disgusting beers.” She opened the small fridge that she’d rescued from the Camper to reveal that all his beers, including his secret stash, was contained inside. She reached inside and pulled out two beers, tossing one to Logan. “These we’ll share as well, because it’s your damn fault I crave ‘em.” She walked past him into the living room, calling over her shoulder, “and the same goes for those smelly cigars of yours. Share or of limits sugah.” She said teasingly, before settling down on the couch, opened the bottle and too a sip from the crappy Canadian beer.

“I already carried a couch up for you yesterday, it’s in the spare bedroom. There ain’t no bed in there, so the couch will have to do. I get the bed in the bedroom.” She looked over to him, raising her eyebrows as he was constantly doing at her. “To be clear, Spare Room, yours, bedroom, mine. Bathroom, share. And living room to, we share it. But You better stay outta my storeroom.” She growled as she caught him stealing a few glances at the far door. He walked over to stand next to the fireplace.

“Fine. So that’s the yours, mine and ours. Anything else, fearless leader?” he joked, but she shot him a glare that would have killed anyone else. Logan took it in his stride. He walked over to a window and sighed. “Snow’s risen about a foot and a half. If it keeps on like this, we won’t be able to see out these windows soon.”

“Don’t really care sugah. I just wanna keep warm.” She jumped up suddenly and Logan had his claws unsheathed in seconds. She laughed as she saw his defensive stand. “Chill Captain America, I just remembered that I forgot to check the upstairs plumbing!” she scrambled up the stairs, a rather pissed of Logan on her heels. At the top of the staircase she pointed him to the spareroom before heading to the bathroom. She smiled as she saw that the previous owners did indeed install some more modern plumbing for there bathroom. She felt much better, and realising that she was covered in blood and filth, decided right there and then to enjoy a lovely shower.

She opened the taps and allowed the water to heat up while she slipped out of her many layers of clothing. She tossed her dirty clothing into the bath, intending to wash it later on. She never liked to do the washing at home, but now she could finally put those hours to good use. She just slipped of her last piece of underwear when steam began to roll out of the shower. With a sigh she stepped under the warm water and allowed the grime from the days past to wash from her body.


Down the hall Logan surveyed his ‘new’ private little corner. It wasn’t anything spectacular; it was a simple room fitted with a closet, window, fur on the floor and newly added couch. His duffels were tossed in one corner. Tentatively he entered the room. It smelled of Marie. She’d been in here cleaning. Mint. The room smelled like her and Marie smelled like mint. Not the dried out crap that burnt your nose, but the lovely, freshly cut mint that you served with chocolate ice cream. He wondered if it would be the same if one served ice cream with Marie. *Bad idea bub. We don’t know how ol’ Rogue-y feels about that.*
Angry with his damned conscience, he heard the shower starting in the bathroom. Shower, the next place he was gonna hit.

“Don’t use up all the hot water Marie!” he called before closing the door behind him. Unbeknownst to him, Marie stuck out her tongue at the bathroom door. He walked in and picked up his duffel, taking out the clothes and putting it in the closet. He wasn’t one for settling down, or the customary neatness, but he didn’t want to have to grope around in his duffel for the next month each time he needed something.

The sound of Marie singing soon reached his ears. He was startled by the purity of her voice as the lyrics reached his ears. It was rather sad and slow, not his type at all, but as he listened to the words he realized just how much it probably meant to her. He huffed. It was almost certainly the song that would have played at their wedding he was sure of it. But he opened the door and walked to the bathroom where he leaned against the wall. It was as if everything had gone quiet so that he could listen to her honeyed voice.

She was just finishing with the chorus, and starting up with the second verse as he settled himself comfortably against the wall.

I'm falling into you (falling into you)
This dream could come true
And it feels so good falling into you

I was afraid to let you in here
Now I have learned love can't be made in to fear
The walls begin to tumble down
And I can't even see the ground


He realised then how much this Drake boy had hurt her. He could smell the salt of her tears, but her voice was clear as crystal as she sang. He stood quietly, listening to the entire song, before finally knocking on the door, reminding her that he wanted some of the limited hot water too. Instead of a reply he heard a yelp and the sound of something falling to the floor. He yanked the door open and rushed forward.


Marie always sang in the shower. And so, when the desire to sing rose up in her chest, it was only natural that she sing the same song she’d been singing everyday for the passed few weeks, the very song that would have played at her wedding. Falling into you, Celine Dion. Slowly she sang the words, and within minutes the emotional downpour from the previous night returned in full frenzy. The tears mixed with the water pouring down her face as she kept on singing.

When the last note died away on her lips there was a knocking on the door. Marie jumped, and slipped on the wet tiles beneath her feet. She yelped loudly as she reached out for something, hitting a bottle from the small shelf in the shower. She barely had time to realise what had happened, but she closed her eyes and braced herself for a hard fall on cold tile. The pain never came. When she opened her eyes she found herself looking at Logan. She’d fallen straight into his arms, and now, eye to eye with him, she saw that he was biting his lip rather hard, drawing blood. Cocking her head to one side in confusion, Marie suddenly realised she was still naked.

But that wasn’t all.

She was lying naked in Logan’s arms. And as wonderful as that was for a few seconds, the fact the he was shirtless was even better. And it had nothing to do with the great view. They were having skin to skin contact…and nothing was happening. Not wanting to be excited over nothing, Marie wriggled out of his arms and grabbed a towel, covering herself quickly. Logan just looked at her and held out his hand.

She was now biting her lip, but she reached out and placed her hand in his. For a couple of minutes there was nothing. No pull, no pain, no life sucking force. But soon Marie was looking visibly tired and Logan yanked his hand back just as he felt the first tingles. But he was smiling.

“Congratulations. I think we’ve just overcame boundary number one.” He winked at her as he said this. “But now I think I need the shower. Can I have a minute?” he asked her teasingly, and she nodded, walking out in a daze. She touched Logan. She could touch someone! She felt better than she had in months when she stepped through the bedroom door and started rooting around in her bag for something to wear.


Logan mulled over what happened as he stood in the shower. He’d opened the door only to have a very wet, very naked and very beautiful Marie fall straight into his arms. He immediately registered the lack of life suction, but he bit his lip until he tasted blood. He had too, to prevent himself from doing anything he might regret later.

When she’d touched him again, he concentrated on feeling. For the first minute he really didn’t feel anything. But he could see she was becoming strained and for the second minute he forced his mutation to keep hers at bay. But soon even his couldn’t fight of the sucking force and he’d pulled away. He was only to thankful that she’d wondered out in her little trancelike state, because if she’d seen the bulge he’d been trying to hide, she’d kick him out of the cottage, never mind ever letting him touch her again. He sighed and proceeded to relieve himself of his problem, stroking himself leisurely at first, before sliding his hand faster and harder, pretending that it was her hand, her body. With a grunt he came silently. It was either silently, or growling out her name, and he didn’t think that was the best way to let a woman know you were interested.

He washed and headed down the stairs to the kitchen. He could already make out the smell of something being prepared. Probably more canned crap. If he ever came out of this cottage, the first thing he’d do is find a lovely large steak and eat it by himself.

In the kitchen he found Marie standing over the little pot, stirring slowly. She had on a pair of snug fitting jeans and a long sleeved top. Seeing as the fireplace kept the lower floor at a tolerable level, she didn’t need much more. She sensed him behind her and she turned around.

“Hey.”

“Hey yourself.” She giggled. He smiled.

“Do you know if it’s you or me Logan?” he knew what she was referring to. He’d thought about that himself.

“I think it might be both of us. Your control and my healing. Maybe yours and mine can somehow battle out after we’ve shared as much as we had…” he suggested. She looked at the floor nervously, she could still smell the afterglow of sex on him and she felt rather embarrassed, but she didn’t comment on it. She shrugged.

“Might be that.” She turned around to stir the pot again and Logan came to stand next to her.

“We can practice your control every day if you’d like. I’ll heal from your touches.” She looked at him with her beautiful eyes and Logan smiled.

“I’d like that.” He nodded and went to the living room. She came in not long afterwards and handed him ‘lunch’. Chicken Noodle soup. Well, at least neither one of them would be catching any colds. They sat in silence for the rest of the afternoon, each with their own thoughts to work out. Growing tired soon they both got up at the same time.

“I think it’s time we settle in for the night.” Logan nodded.

“Good idea.” He was just as exhausted as she was. The little exercise earlier had drained more from them that they’d thought.

“I’ll see you in the morning Darlin’.” He smiled as they started up the stairs. Pausing at her door Marie looked around tohim.

“In the morning Sugah.” The doors closed at the same time and both occupants fell into a restless sleep, filled with dreams of hot showers, warmth and the closeness of the other.
Tentative touches by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Here it is, the next chapter!

Hope yall like it, and I'm really sorry about the ending! Don't worry, the next chapter will really make up for it ;)
Tentative touches


Logan slowly opened his eyes and groaned. He was still on a musty old couch, covered in a blanket and staring at the ceiling of the spareroom in the abandoned cottage. How absolutely wonderful. He was about to turn around and try to catch a little more sleep when a familiar yet totally unexpected smell reached his nostrils. Eggs and bacon. His eyes snapped open. There was meat nearby, and it had been fried in too much oil. Perfect! Not only that, but the smell was fast approaching his door.

He was in such a rush to get to the source of the smell that he completely forgot his…state of undress, and he yanked open the door, finding a wide eyed Marie holding a tray with breakfast. A tray which she almost dropped at the sight of naked *NAKED! O MY GOD, That man is sex on a platter! … Right, no more thoughts like that…* Logan.

To focused on the food before him, it took Logan a while to notice Marie biting into her lip as she stared at him. *I think one can describe this…GOD in human form as a little more than…-mental giggle- blessed?*

Logan, realising that he was still naked, had both the urge to flee into his room *Flee? I don’t think so.* and to simply stand there, allowing her to get an eyeful. He chose the latter, leaning his shoulder against the wall and smirking.

*Right. Just hand him his breakfast, turn around and run…but he’s just so…NO. I do NOT think things like this. Just hand him the eggs…I wonder if I could fry bacon in HIM, his just so utterly HOT and…* Marie blushed as she finally managed to raise her eyes back to his face only to see him smirking at her.

Logan couldn’t help but wonder how she’d look, moving against him. *I wonder if that blush spreads further than just her face.* He laughed mentally at the thought. Rogue, the woman who’d almost used him to bash down a tree, blushed. He finally raised and eyebrow and Marie coughed, looking down at the plate.

“I, um…I brought us some breakfast. I wanted to surprise you…” she drifted of. *For heavens sake ROGUE, get a GRIP!*

Logan nodded, turned, and headed into the room, where he slipped on a pair of jeans before moving to sit on the couch. A few seconds later a very quiet Marie moved into the room, images of Logan dancing behind her eyes. She moved over to couch and set the tray between them, grabbing a piece of bacon. Logan did the same.

“Where did you get this?” he said, eyeing the scrap of meat before devouring it in two bites. Marie giggled. The sound, although slightly annoying, was welcomed by Logan. At least it meant she wasn’t completely focused on him and blushing anymore. Whether that was such a good thing, he wasn’t sure, but it was ok, for now.

“Remember I told you that the little storeroom is mine? Did that for a reason, ‘cause I knew you’d nab everything in there if I told you. The people have some kind of sealed room back there, with eggs and milk, bacon and a few good pieces of chicken and pork.” She laughed as her mental Wolverine growled at the lack of red meat. “And before you even ask, no. There was no beef in there at all.” Logan growled.

“I guess this’d have to do then.” Marie nodded and they ate in silence. It was becoming a habit for them not to speak while they ate, but this morning it was mainly because both were a little to busy with their thoughts to speak.

*If he knew what I was thinking, those claws would be spearing me by now…*

*Thank god she can’t read minds. I’d be a dried out corpse before long…*

And so it went as they both tried to finish the breakfast as quickly as they could. The usual comfortable silence was anything but comfortable at that point, and when they both swallowed the last of their eggs, they both rose rather quickly from the couch.

“I clear this up…” – “I’m gonna go clean up…”

The both spoke at once. Nodding, Marie took the tray downstairs to clean it, while Logan went to the bathroom. He had a rather large problem to take care of. Marie watched him as he walked down the hall to the bathroom and shut the door behind him. She didn’t have to be a genius to know what was going on behind the door, and she didn’t need his enhanced senses either. With a smile she walked to the kitchen and began singing as she washed up.




When Logan finally emerged into the living room, Marie had started up the fire again. Looking out the window, Logan could see the flakes still falling steadily. The snow had risen another foot or so in the night, and pretty soon the window would offer no view. He cleared his throat and walked over to the couch where Marie sat, a blanket covering her legs.

“Come on sugah, I want to get some practice in.” she called over her shoulder. *O gods, he did do it again. I wonder how he looks in the shower when he strokes himself…hmm, does he think of me…I can’t believe sex can smell so good on a person.* Unfortunately, all these thoughts were getting Marie very aroused. She did her best to will her desire for him away, but that went straight to hell when he sat down next to her.

Just as she could smell him, Logan could smell the arousal in her scent. He sat down smiling and looked at her. So, she wanted him, did she? Logan was quite tempted to turn her around and take her right there, but he knew that it would probably be the stupidest thing he could do. Instead he shrugged.

“Lets start then.” He held out his hand for her and she eyed it warily before reaching out and placing her palm in his. A strange sensation went through her body, and they could both smell her arousal. Logan could also smell the fear and concentration as she scrunched up her eyes and tried to keep her mutation from flicking on and drain him dry. They managed a full ten minutes before she dropped his hand, feeling a slight pull. They were both a little out of breath when she pulled back, but they were also both smiling.

“Ten minutes. Better than yesterday’s two, don’t you think Darlin’?” she nodded. After a couple of minutes she held out her hand again and without hesitation, Logan took it in his own.

Four hours later they decided to stop, both hungry and tired from the exercise and concentration. She’d finally broken an hour long touch, just not able to keep her mind focused any more. Logan took the blanket and covered her up.

“Get some rest, darlin’. I’ll go make us some lunch.” Sadly, lunch consisted of a very watery odd coloured soup, and Marie laughed as he held out her cup.

“I think I’ll stick to the cooking, and you can start fixing up this place a bit.” She joked, nudging a rather stormy looking Logan in the side. He grunted.

“Damned instructions on the side of that can ain’t complete. How’d they expect a person to make soup with shitty instructions.” He lifted the cup to his mouth. At least it didn’t taste all that bad. Marie just laughed and did the same.


Soon they both fell into a comfortable routine. Mornings would consist of breakfast, which they’d started eating on Marie’s bed. The couch just didn’t provide the same kind of comfort for breakfast in bed. They’d eat in silence before Marie would go to clean up. Then the housework began. Because the place had been standing empty for a while, a whole lot of things needed fixing and cleaning. Marie would wash the bedding and the clothing, hanging it in front of the fire to dry while she tried cleaning the rest of the place, while Logan fixed loose and banging windows upstairs, replaced a few floorboards and patched things up as best he could.

After that they’d spend a few hours working on Marie’s touching. Both were very proud of her progress, she’d managed not to break the contact for the entire five hours of their last session. And then she only broke it because it was time to make dinner.

Dinner consisted of soup in front of the fireplace most nights, while they treated themselves to a little something extra on Friday, Marie preparing a few of the small pork steaks. They spent their time talking about anything. Themselves, people they knew, things they’d done and places they’d been.

Apart from this daily routine, they had one other. The first few days Marie would allow Logan the bathroom after breakfast every morning, but on the fifth day she decided to swing the tables. Before Logan could make the bathroom, she’d already locked the door behind her. Turning on the water she could hear an angry Logan mumbling all the way back to his room. She smiled and stepped into the warm water.

Slowly she began running her hands up and down her body and letting them come to a rest over her breasts. She kneaded them and rolled her nipples between her fingers until they stiffened under her fingers. Still pinching her nipple with one hand, she ran the other over her stomach and down to the curls between her legs. She moaned softly as she started to run her hand roughly over her mound, imagining that it was Logan.

She closed her eyes, slipping a finger inside of her, and thrusting it in as hard as she could. She added another, and she had to bite her lip to keep from crying out as she imagined Logan inside her, touching her and taking her. Finally she’d shuddered came, his name on her lips.

When she finally did go back to the room to gather the tray for cleaning, she saw him standing in a corner. They could smell it on each other, and the fact that they both knew the other person was well aware of what they’d done, they just smiled, and continued with their daily routine.

Sometimes she got lucky and used the bathroom, other times he’d managed to get there before her and she had to settle for the room. Neither of them ever spoke about it, but they were more than just aware of what was happening. It seemed almost like a countdown for something.

Two weeks later the ‘countdown’ stopped as quickly as it started. Logan and Marie were standing in the living room, both her hands in his. They’d been standing like that for hours, and Marie found that she didn’t really need to concentrate on keeping her mutation of any more. She looked up at Logan, who was staring down at her. There were tears in her eyes.

“I…I can touch.” And with those simple words, something in the air snapped between them.
All yours, Sugah. by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Another two hours, another chapter. Hope ya'll like this one!

All for you CocoLover! Hope it doesn't dissapoint!
All yours, Sugah.



“I…I can touch.”

Those words brought Logan out of his reverie. Marie was no longer untouchable. She was no longer something he could watch as if it was displayed from a glass case. He could take her now, like he wanted to.

“Congratulations Marie.”

And with that thought he dropped her hands, turned around and stalked up the stairs to his room, locking the door behind him, leaving an awestruck and confused Marie behind him. He just couldn’t be near her now. He wouldn’t be able to control himself, and he would hurt her, he was certain of it.

He paced up and down the room, furious with himself. Her skin had kept him in check, and while he had hoped that she would be able to touch, he never thought it would be so soon. Maybe in a couple of weeks yes, or when she went back to the mansion, back to flaunt her new ability before her bastard of a fiancé. *EX-fiancé* he reminded himself.

Now there was nothing that kept him from realising the fantasies he’d been indulging in since that second night. Fantasies of touching and taking her against a wall, or over the kitchen counter, or on a soft fur in front of the fire. Fantasies that he thought would always be just that, just fantasies. He wanted her more than he could ever remember wanting anything before.

He roared loudly, and slammed his fist into the hard closet door, needing to dispel all his frustration. Even the hard wood was no match for his iron fist, and he pulled his hand from the door, watching as it healed, leaving only droplets of blood behind on his skin. He didn’t know if he’d be able to control himself around her now. He just didn’t want to hurt her.

If he could leave, he would have, but with the storm still going strong, and the place practically sealed shut with snow, he didn’t have a choice. So he would stay in his room. Maybe go down for dinner, but he couldn’t be that near her again. He couldn’t touch her again.


Marie was stunned. From all the reactions she’d expected, Logan leaving her just standing there was definitely not one of them. She’d thought he’d be happy for her, smile maybe even hug her. She’d hoped that when her skin wasn’t a barrier anymore, things would change. That their simple morning sessions alone would become joined sessions. *What were you thinking? He didn’t want you. Never did. You were just imagining things.*

When she finally regained control over her limbs she made to move towards the stairs, wanting to go after him. But a loud noise and a roar above her stopped her in her tracks. He was angry. Angry because she could touch, because she could get close to him now. She’d worked hard on it, thinking that he would be pleased. Apparently not.

She went over to the fire and sat down on the couch, her face blank, unable to show all the emotions rolling around inside her. Confusion, sadness, rejection…unable to control her emotion any longer, she buried her face in the couch and cried.


The house was silent. Night had fallen a few hours ago, but Logan, thirsty as he was, didn’t want to leave the room. Unfortunately the call of beer and cigars were just a little to great and he opened the door. He stepped out of the room and passed Marie’s door. It was open, and the bed was empty. Reaching the top of the stairs he could see her hair hanging of the arm of the couch. She’d cried herself to sleep.

He started in her direction when he stopped. With a last look he opened the store door and took out one of his cigars. Lighting it, he headed to the kitchen and grabbed a beer. He leaned against the kitchen counter, wondering how he’d managed to get himself so deep into trouble.

When he’d met her she was a nightmare. A horrible teenager with a blasted temper and a mouth that spoke too much. Then he found out that she was a powerful woman, and a strong leader. Here she’d already gained his respect. But when she’d opened herself up to him the first time, that’s when he’d fallen for her. And he knew he had.

He was too entrenched in his thoughts to notice the rustling sound of a blanket, and then the sound of small feet moving toward the kitchen. In fact, he didn’t notice Marie at all, until she stood next to him, reaching for his face.


Marie had woken up when she heard heavy feet making their way down the stairs. She didn’t know how long she’d been asleep, but she kept her breathing steady, not wanting to scare him back to his room. She heard him striking the match, and within seconds the scent of the cigar reached her nose. She closed her eyes, hoping that he’d leave the room, go back up stairs and lock himself away. But he didn’t.

She heard the bottle open and she practically tasted the beer as he drank it. And it was too much. She couldn’t just sit here and wait, she wanted to know what she’d done wrong. What had she done to make him so angry at her?

She stood up and slowly made her way to the kitchen. She saw him from the door and didn’t hesitate, walking straight up to him and reaching out for his face. Her fingers were almost at his cheek when he grabbed her hand and pulled it away.

“You don’t want to do that Marie.” He turned away from her and took a few steps away.

“And how are you so sure about what I want and don’t want?” she followed after him and he felt her hands touch his back. “Maybe I do want to touch you.”

But Logan turned around and grabbed both her hands again. “Damn it Marie, I said don’t.” he hiss at her, her face mere inches from his own. She could smell the cigar smoke and for once she was thankful for it. Chocolate eyes met hazel, and she smiled.

“Kiss me.”

“Wh…WHAT?” Logan tried to pull away from her. “You’re crazy. Go to bed Marie.” He’d forgotten about her other abilities and Marie pulled him back to her, pushing him roughly against the wall.

“I said, kiss me, Logan. I want you to kiss me.” He looked at her, but all he could see was that she wanted him. No hesitation. Just pure need and he felt his own arousal starting to match hers. With a swift move he had their positions exchanged; he was holding her against the wall, his body flush against hers. She moaned softly.

“Fuck Logan, just KISS me!”

In an instant their lips collided, and Marie wound her arms around his neck pulling him closer. Touching her chin, Logan pulled her mouth open gently, and she complied, allowing their tongues to meet. She moaned as his tongue reached for every corner of her mouth, before starting a war with her own.

His hands slid down the side of her body, caressing every curve until they reached her bottom. Cupping it he lifted her and pulled her even closer to him. Her moans where swallowed by his hungry mouth, as neither of them thought of anything but the moment.

Logan relinquished her lips, kissing her chin, neck and shoulders. Marie could feel his erection rubbing against her belly and she lifted her hips to him experimentally. She was rewarded with a growl and a bite to the neck. She did it again, yelping as he broke the skin on her neck and drew blood.

“Fuck Marie…”

His sentence died on his lips as she kissed him again, never stopping the simple motion of her hips grinding against his erection. She could feel the sparks coursing through her body and she felt ready to burst. It had never been this way with Bobby. He’d pleased her many times, but he could never draw out these kinds of reactions from her body. She rocked harder, her hands fisting in Logan’s hair as she tried to pull his mouth harder against her own. She wanted more, o, so much more.

Logan had been lost in the moment. She wanted him, and he wanted her…but it was wrong. She wanted him because she could touch him, and because he was the only one there. It had nothing to do with it being HIM.

He indulged in a few kisses but when she rocked against him he felt himself shatter and he swore. She kissed him again and he wanted more of her. He wanted everything she could give him. But it was still wrong.

“Please…please Logan…” her plea brought him back to reality. He’d already gone too far. The blood on her neck was proof of that. He pulled away from her and put her feet on the ground. He looked away from her.

“I can’t Marie.” And he walked out of the kitchen, leaving a very aroused, very angry Marie in the kitchen. *Well, bub, you just turned down what would probably have been the best sex you’ve ever had, and you pissed your house mate off pretty bad as well. Well – fucking –done. You really screwed this one up.*

And didn’t he know it. But with Marie it wouldn’t just be sex. She’d bared herself to him, and he did to her. If they had sex, things would never be the same. For neither of them, he knew this for a fact. Without glancing back he headed for the shower. He’d already picked out a fantasy to aid in his release.

Marie on the other hand, was royally pissed off. He wanted her, she knew that much, but either he was to stupid to act on it, or he didn’t want her. Neither option really appealed to her and Marie felt like punching some good sense into the asshole.

Standing in the kitchen, aroused as hell, she heard the water of the shower start running and she smirked. She was not going to allow another person to decide the direction of her life. Not again. Determined, she made her way up the stairs and to the bathroom, undressing as she went.


In the shower, Logan hissed as the cool water hit his hot skin, but he didn’t flinch. Instead he took himself in his hand and started fisting himself slowly. Closing his eyes he could almost believe that it was her mouth on him. Rubbing his thumb across the tip of his cock he could feel her tongue on him.

He continued to move his hand, increasing in speed, but the feeling of her tongue licking his cock didn’t disappear. His eyes opened and he saw her, smile on her face as their eyes met. He wanted to stop, but he knew he couldn’t. Not when she was gloriously naked, in the shower, with him.

She swatted his hand away from his aching erection, and kept her eyes focused on him as she swirled her tongue around the tip, licking of the pre-cum.

“God…Marie…” he growled warningly, but she ignored him and deftly took him in her mouth. Momentarily caught of guard he grabbed the nearest thing to his hand…which just so happened to be the warm water tap and he could feel it turning. Seconds later the water was warming slightly.

He tried to relax, to focus all his attention on the figure in front of him. Marie kept her eyes on him as she sucked him deeper into her mouth. She brought up one of her hands to touch his balls and he swore again. Squeezing them gently, she hummed and the vibrations drove him mad.

He grabbed her hair and pulled her off him. She cocked her head to one side, a perfect imitation of him, but he pulled her up to him and plunged his tongue into her panting mouth. There was no way he was going to cum anywhere but buried deep inside her. She seemed to realise this and he could feel her smiling as she lifted one leg around him. Smelling her arousal, and feeling her press herself against him; it was all to much.

With a loud growl he grabbed her, lifting her. He pressed her back against the wall for support, finding a stiff and erect nipple in front of him. He took it in his mouth at once, and Marie’s legs entwined around his back as she moaned loudly.

Licking and suckling the soft bud, he brought his hand to play with the other, rolling it between his fingers and pinching it, drawing the most enticing sounds and curses from the woman he held. He smiled as he switched from one to the other, dividing his attention between them equally. He nipped around the aching little bud, leaving small red marks before taking it in his mouth again.

Marie was being driven mad. She whined as she tried to rub herself against him, but it didn’t seem to be working quite the way she wanted it too. The more she tried to drive him insane, the more she felt her own desire intensify.

“Logan, I need you inside of me…please…” she moaned, grabbing his hair and yanking him away from her breast, bring her mouth crashing down on his. She felt a hand slowly trace its way down her body to her moist centre and she tightened her grip on his hair as she felt him rub over her mound and lips, slipping a finger into her slowly.

“Tease…” she growled as she lifted her head to see in his eyes. He was smirking back at her.

“Just returnin’ the favour darlin’.” He said as he pushed another finger into her, finding and rubbing against her sensitive inside, while his thumb stroked her clit.

“God Logan, if you’re not inside me in the next few seconds, I WILL KILL YOU!” she growled even louder, raking her nails across his back. It was all it took.

With a growl that started deep in his chest he positioned her over him, lowering her gently until he could feel the tip of his cock press against her. Fear suddenly entered her scent and he stopped, searching her features. “Marie…”

But with a sudden firm resolve Marie pulled him forward with her legs, and pressed herself down. Wanting to scream at the sudden pain, she fell forward and bit his shoulder, hard, stopping any sound from leaving her. Logan found himself buried inside her to the hilt.

“Damn it woman, do you have to be so fucking impatient!” he cursed her, knowing that she’d just given him her virginity. It was not how he’d wanted it to happen, least of all in a shower with a quick penetration. His fault or not, it wasn’t supposed to be that way. That thought drifted of into nothing as Marie lifted herself and lowered her again. Logan grabbed her hips as they moaned, and Marie kept her face in the crook of his neck.

Logan’s hands now holding her, they set a steady rhythm as he started thrusting into her. He felt his control slip away little by little, and Marie sensed this. Wanting to make him lose it completely she nibbled his earlobe and tore at his back, her fingers leaving deep marks in his back that healed as quickly as she made them.

“Harder Sugah…fuck me harder Logan…I want to scream…” she whispered in his ear before almost lifting herself off him completely and drawing him back into her. Logan snapped and began pounding into her recklessly. “That’s it, deeper!”

"God Maire, you're so hot and fucking tight..." Logan moaned as he plunged into her even deeper and harder than before. He wanted to be buried so deep inside of her that she wouldn't be able to see where he began and she ended. He wanted all of her, everything. He wanted her.

Marie could swear that she felt him scraping her womb as they lost all sense of rhythm and just drew each other deeper with each thrust. Slipping his hand between them, knowing she was close, Logan started to rub her clit. “Come for me baby” came the soft command, and screaming his name she shuddered and came, the walls of her inside squeezing and drawing him.

With a few more hard and quick thrusts Logan followed, growling her name over and over, followed by a single word. “Mine.”

Marie smiled as she felt his hot cum coating her inside. In that moment she knew it to be true. She was his, and his alone.

“All yours sugah. And you’re all mine.”




Under the water they quickly washed each other, the water already turning cold again. Climbing out of the shower each one took a turn to dry the other thoroughly. Then a smiling Logan carried a giggling Marie to the bedroom where he deposited her on the soft bed before climbing in next to her. He gently stroked her back as he held her close to him.

“I’m sorry.”

Marie frowned. “What the hell you sorry about?” she felt defensive straight away.

“These.” He traced his fingers across her breasts, indicating the red bitemarks, before tracing up to her neck to touch the broken skin. She turned his face towards hers.

“You would have had a fare share too, if you didn’t heal as fast as you do.” She placed a kiss on his lips, soft and sweet. “Besides, I wanted you to mark me. I’m yours, remember?” she snuggled closer to him, pressing her face to his chest.

He smiled. “Yes. And I’ll be yours too.” For a few more minutes he ran his hand through her hair before fingering the white streaks. She looked up to meet his eyes. “I like them.” He nodded.

“How did you get them?” Marie hesitated for a few seconds before looking back to him.

“Carol Danvers.” He raised an eyebrow. “She was the first mutant I killed.” She could feel Logan stiffen beside her a little.

“Killed?” she nodded.

“She was attacking a school under Magneto’s orders. She would have killed all those children, and we couldn’t stop her. So I absorbed her. I took everything she had, and permanently kept her powers. Unfortunately her personality came too.” She shuddered at the memories and Logan drew her closer.

“It took me months to regain control over her, force her out of my mind. But in that time she nearly drove me insane. I attacked my friends and people I loved. When I finally came back, with the help of the professor, I had these. He told me that Danvers had caused them somehow, when she took my body. But together we managed to shut her out permanently.”

Logan kissed her hair as she tried to move even closer to him. She was still staring at him when she finally spoke again. “Yours?”

“Mine. Yours?"

“Mine. Make love to me Logan.”

So he did.




NO, THIS IS NOT THE END. SO THERE. HEHE. :P
Is this love? by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Yes people, it's LOVE!

Hope you like!

*feed me reviews! IMA HUNGRY!*
Is this love?


Marie woke slowly but didn’t want to open her eyes, afraid that everything had just been a dream. But if it had been a dream, there wouldn’t be a warm, naked body behind her. A naked body with a rather large erection pressed into her bottom. She fought the urge to giggle. She shifted a little, her body still a little sore from love making the entire night. Logan had surprised her. He’d been gentle when she needed it, and when she needed more, he gave her more. At one point she just stopped counting the amount of orgasms. She tried to shift a little again when an arm around her tightened with a soft growl. She smiled.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

Marie smiled and answered very sweetly. “O, nowhere you ain’t gonna be, Sugah.” To prove her point she wriggled closer to him, and she felt his erection twitch as she moved against it. He started rubbing small circles over her belly. “I just wanted to try to get some of my limbs functioning after last nights fantastic display again.”

Logan growled again, the rumbling starting deep inside his chest. Between the previous night and that morning Marie had come to love the sound more that any other sound he made, except for when he panted “Marie, Mine…” about a hundred times during their love-making the night before. The memory made her giggle again and Logan pressed her back against him.

Marie turned her head back to kiss his chin, all she could reach, before lifting her leg up and sliding it backwards over Logan. She slid her arm along his until her hand rested over his while he rubbed her belly slowly. She bent her head away as he began biting her shoulder, leaving small marks along her pale skin. She’d made sure he understood that she loved being bitten, and she loved the fact that the marks remained there, proving she was his. He’d finally relented and stopped apologizing for them.

She took his hand and gently moved it higher, until he felt his thumb brush over her nipple. With a devilish grin he realised that they were already standing erect, and that his dear little Marie was very much aroused. She moaned at the touch, but she was feeling impatient. She could feel him behind her, and she was in no mood for waiting.

Logan, on the other hand, was in absolutely no hurry. She’d given him everything he wanted and needed the night before, and now it was his turn to give her pleasure. Slow and gentle. He started traced his unoccupied hand up and down her body. His light feathery touch ignited fire wherever they reached and soon Marie felt her body was going to explode.

“Logan, please…”

Another thing that she’d realised was that he loved her begging. He needed control just as much as she wanted to give it to him. Begging was also by far the best way to make him lose control, she recalled fondly, remembering the few times he’d taken her with reckless abandon, and violently thrown them both over the edge many times. She rubbed her leg purposefully along his own and pressed back. Logan purred softly at the movement and Marie giggled again.

“I’ve really grown to love that purr of yours, Sugah.” She said as she moved a little to allow him better access. She knew she was ready for him, heck, she’d be ready for him any time of day or night. Just the mere feel or sight of the man aroused her. What the hell she’d ever seen in Bobby, she couldn’t explain. He’d never be able to make her feel this way. She sucked in her breath as she felt the head of his cock touch her entrance. It would be the first time he took her from behind and Marie shivered in anticipation.

She could almost feel every nerve fire a hundred times more than they should, and as his coarse chest hair scratched her back she moaned, trying to draw him into her. Logan just smiled and kissed her neck just below her ear.

“Patience darlin’. You’ll get yours soon enough. I’m going to take you real slow…” he nipped her neck before moving slowly back down to her shoulder, leaving light kisses all the way down, his one hand moving to her hip to still her insistent movement, trying to get his cock deeper into her. He laughed.
“The more you struggle, the longer I’m gonna wait love.”

Marie pushed out her lip in a puppy pout, but she stilled. And she was glad she did too; his hand left its post at her hip, sinking longer to rub deftly over her mound. She moaned and threw her head back onto his shoulder. Smiling he increased the pressure and allowed his hand to rub over her clit. Stimulating her clit with his thumb, he slid two fingers into her, sliding them slowly in and out of her. She tried to grab at his hand but he laughed.

“God, Logan, please…o please…”

She tried to move again, but as soon as she did, she felt his hand leaving her. She felt like crying. “I hate it when you tease me…” she stated.

“I know darling’, but this is a good time as any to get you back for sneaking up on me in the shower yesterday.” He teased and he could feel her shudder at his lust filled tone.

“Damn it Logan, fuck the shower!” she tried to sound angry, but it came out sounding more like a moan. Logan laughed again.

“I thought I was already fucking you?”

Marie opened her mouth to swear at him again when she felt the pressure against her wet entrance increase. Her arm flew back and she dug her nails into Logan’s side. “Please, sugah, deeper…o god!”

Logan wasn’t rushing things. He slid in deeper as slowly as he could manage, driving them both insane with lust. Finally he was as far as he could go and Marie panted as he slowly slid himself almost completely out again, leaving only the head of his cock in her. Before she could speak again he pushed back in and she swore loudly.

For what seemed like hours Logan simply thrust deeply into her, holding her against him as she moaned and moved. He could smell her need for him, and it fed him, making him thrust a little harder.

“God yes Logan…” She was close.

He moved his hand back to her clit and rubbed over it a few times. “Now.” He growled against her neck and she came, screaming his name to anyone or anything who could hear it. He followed a few seconds after, her muscles milking him for all he was worth, her name on his lips.

“God Darlin’, you just get better every time.”

“I didn’t think it could get any better.” She rolled onto her back to watch him as he rested his head on his hand, elbow on the bed next to her head. He was tracing her body again, allowing his hand to linger on her abdomen. She smiled, reached out and pulled him down for a kiss. When she finally released him they were both panting.

“It gets a lot better than that Love.” He whispered, and Marie’s eyes just widened. Logan rolled of the bed and picked her up. Marie laughed.

“Logan, where are you taking me? Put me down!”

But he silenced her with a kiss and carried her out into the hall and into the bathroom, where he placed her on the floor. She pouted up at him. “Ass.”

“Yes, it is a very nice one, isn’t it.” He said matter-of-factly, tossing clothing out of the tub and filling it with steaming hot water. When the bath was ready, he turned around to see a pouting Marie still looked at him.

“C’mere darling’.”

“No.” He raised his eyebrow and she walked over to him. In a swift movement he was in the bath and had lifted her over the side, sitting her down on the edge, her feet resting in the water. Logan kneeled in front of her and stared up into her eyes.

“Logan, wha-…holy shit!” she drew in a sharp breath as his tongue darted out to flick over her clit. She was really glad that the shower was behind her, the glass wall offering her back a little support. Logan’s one hand snaked across her middle, pulling her forward slightly, while his other stayed on the bath bottom, supporting him.

Marie whimpered as Logan parted her and slid his tongue into her, lapping at her juices that were quickly gathering. Marie grabbed out, one had digging into Logan’s shoulder, the other holding the bath’s edge for support. Suddenly something rather strange happened.

Marie purred.

Logan stopped and stared up at her. She was smiling down at him. “Just my inner Logan deciding to make himself heard love. Now, DO - NOT – STOP – AGAIN.” She said, pulling his head back to her. Logan complied happily, his tongue working miracles with her nerves, and it wasn’t long before she came.

Logan smiled and looked up at her, tongue darting out to lap out her juices before he pulled back. “You taste so fucking good Marie.” His mouth was moist and Marie pulled him to her for a kiss, tasting herself on his lips.

Once they were both in the bath, Marie had wasted no time to lower herself on him and within minutes they both experienced mind blowing orgasms. Marie panted, laying back on an equally spent Logan’s chest. “I think we should clean up and get dressed.” She turned her head and kissed his cheek over the muttonchop. He nodded and they washed each other like they had done the day before, then dried each other with the towels.

Leaving Marie at her door with a kiss, Logan headed to his own room to get dressed. He knew that if he entered that room with her, there was no way he’d be getting dressed anytime soon. By the time he’d entered the kitchen – fully dressed – she was already preparing a very later breakfast. Bacon, eggs, and a few slices of cold chicken. “Mornin’ Sugah.” She greeted without looking behind her. He came up and hugged her.

Marie turned around and kissed him. “Guess what my lover.” She asked with a wink, surprising Logan a little. He shrugged. Maire kissed him again, walked over to the fridge and tossed him a beer. “It seems that our very intimate displays last night did a little more than just exchange bodily fluids.” Logan had to use every bit of control he had not to spit his mouthful of beer into the frying pan.

“Wha- what?” he asked, not sure he heard her correctly, but she just nodded.

“Yep. You see, for some reason I find myself being able to smell you all the way from down here, while you are still at the top of the stairs.” Her smile turned mischievous. “And might I add that musk, cigars and honey have never smelled so good before.” She laughed at the expression on his face. “I can also do this.” She grabbed a knife from the counter and tossed it in the air, grabbing the handle as it fell back to her and she deftly sliced a deep cut into her hand.

“Marie!” Logan started forward but Marie held up her hand with a smile. There was no cut, only a little blood. As if to prove her point she lifted her sweater and shirt to reveal her pale breasts. Unmarked breasts.

“That’s…well, now I have to do a little extra work at marking you, won’t I?”

Marie laughed loudly, and Logan couldn’t help but join in as she moved back into his arms. They enjoyed a lazy meal, laying on the couch in front of the fire. They fed each other with smiles as pieces of bacon, chicken and eggs disappeared.

Logan had just eaten the last piece of bacon, licking Marie’s fingers that had fed it to him when she smiled. “I have an idea.” Logan ignored her and kept on suckling the digits but Marie pushed him away and sat up. It was Logan's turn to pout.

“Seeing as you’ll no longer be needing the spare room – my room is ours now – “ she added with a wink, “I have a great use for the other room. Seeing as you are very restless,” she tapped her temple, “I think we should re-instate your favourite pastime. Kicking ass.” Logan stared at her.

“Are you suggesting that I attack you?”

“No love, we attack each other. A little sparring. You know, some good exercise.” Logan straightened up.

“No. Absolutely not.” But Marie laughed at his serious expression and punched him.

“What, afraid I’ll kick you ass?” he swung around, and Marie could see the glint in his eye. With a scream as he pounced at her she jumped over the back of the couch and ran up the stairs to the spare room, Logan chasing her full speed.

“Your ass is mine!” he growled.

The afternoon promised to be a very entertaining one indeed.




A few hours later an exhausted Marie and Logan emerged from the room, laughing and supporting each other. They’d completely lost track of time as they engaged in a sparring match like neither of them had ever experienced before. After hours of being evenly matched Logan settled for playing dirty and started to tickle Marie.

For about an hour they chased each other around the room, tickling each other and sparring in between. Soon neither could breath from all the laughing. Outside the room Logan looked at Marie. She was so beautiful. She looked like an angel compared to the girl that had slammed him against the tree those weeks ago. She noticed him staring and smiled, tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

Logan raised her to him and kissed her slowly. Laughing, Marie was picked up and carted of to their room.

“You beast.”

“You love me anyway.”

She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. “Yes I do. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

They disappeared through the bedroom door. Neither of them new that in fate had a few twists planned for them not too far into the future.
Logan, Sugah…I think we need to talk. by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Surpise number one!

Hope you like!
Logan, Sugah…I think we need to talk.


Marie bit her lip as she ticked of another day on her makeshift calendar. She’d left the mansion exactly six weeks ago. Four of those weeks had involved delicious and utterly wonderful Logan-shagging. Turning to the window she sighed. She was standing in her room on the second story, but the snow ended just below the window. How the wooden cottage managed to hold out against the heavy snow, she didn’t want to know. She did know that the snow storm had finally dissipated two days ago. Now came the long wait for all the collected snow to melt. Who knew how long that could take!

Still staring out of the window Marie heard something drop downstairs, followed by an unbelievable string of curses. Instead of frowning, these curses made her smile. It meant that her darling lover was once again doing his best not to burn the bacon. Giggling at the thought she made her way down the stairs, ignoring the pressing little matter that had bothered her only seconds before. She would think about it later.

She came to a stop in the kitchen and leaned against the door, watching an angry Logan throwing a pan into s basin filled with water. With a loud hiss steam rose as the pan disappeared into it. On a plate on the counter rested the bacon, slightly smokey, and eggs. Slowly moving into the kitchen Marie made her way over to Logan. He was glaring pointedly at the hissing pan.

“Sugah, no matter how long you stare at that, it’s gonna hiss till it cools.”

“Hmph.”

Marie giggled. “Stop being so childish. It makes me wanna spank you, and you know that.”

“Hmph.” But Marie smiled. His lips had twitched, he would’ve smiled if it wasn’t such a danger to his ego. She had grown to know him all to well in the past few weeks.

“O, so you want to be spanked?”

*Oo, yes please!* No answer.

“I see.” She came up behind him and slipped her arms around his neck. “Well, it’s too early for spanking, and I want…” she placed her mouth right next to his ear and she could feel him shivering, “…BACON!” she yelled, knowing that his head would be ringing for some time after that.

She released him as he bent over and groaned. She laughed, turned and grabbed the breakfast plate, running into the warm living room. Before he had any chance to respond she was already settled on the couch.

“MARIE! You bloody little WITCH!” he stormed out of the kitchen and Marie barely managed to put the plate on the small table before he pounced on her.

“I don’t like it when you do that.”

She smiled at him. “Hmph.” Logan growled at her imitation of him.

“Aww, come on Sugah. You heal remember?” she winked and pushed him of her until he sat next to her. He crossed his arms and she giggled. She’d been doing that a lot lately, he noticed. And while he would have found that it would have annoyed him before, he’d come to appreciate the light sound. It meant that she was happy, and while she was happy, so was he.

She reached out and grabbed a piece of bacon, dangling it temptingly in front of her. Rolling his eyes he laughed and opened her mouth to take to offered piece of meat. While he chewed she smiled and grabbed another piece for herself.

“How do you feel about an early morning sparring match sugah?” she asked between the bites.

It came as a surprise; she’d had a thing about sparring in the mornings. She’d even warned him not to ask her, and here she was offering. Having learnt that raising an eyebrow around her was an open invitation to teasing he just watched her instead like she’d grown a second head.

She frowned. “What? Am I bleeding or something?”

“No darlin’.” He apologized quickly. “I’d like to have that sparring match.” Marie smiled and they ate the rest of their breakfast in silence, every now and then feeding the other. When the last bit of bacon and egg disappeared from the plate, Marie jumped up and grabbed it.

“Up you go! I’ll be up in a sec!” she called over her shoulder, practically skipping to the kitchen. She’d been acting very strangely lately. She was extremely happy the one moment, almost to the point of unbearable, and highly pissed the next. He just couldn’t make sense of her behaviour.

He’d barely entered the room and shrugged of his shirt when she pranced in. “Ready Sugah?”

“Bring it on love.”

The next to hours were spent trying to pin each other for longer than a few seconds, but no matter what they tried, for some reason they just kept matching each other move for move. Finally giving up they both fell down on the couch they’d decided to leave in the room.

Logan wiped his face with one of the towels Marie had brought to the room, while she did the same. Both were sweating despite the coolness of the second floor as their was no fireplace in the upper areas.

“Well sugah, it seems there’s just no getting around it. No matter how hard we try, we are as evenly matched as they come.” She laughed. “Or we just don’t wanna hurt each other too badly.” It was a lie and she knew it. If they didn’t heal like they did, both of them would have been in coma’s by now.

She sat down on the couch next to him and he drew her closer, but he couldn’t help but notice that she looked a little unhappy. He’d walked in on her crying a few days ago, but he’d said nothing, not questioning her when she blamed it on lack of sleep. In all honesty they’d both had little sleep.

But now he’d had enough. He noticed that she got a little far off sometimes, and he wanted to know why. Holding her against him he kissed her hair.

“What’s the matter Darlin’? I’ve been seein’ your sad lately, and I wanna know why.”

She looked up at him, studied his face, and kissed him lightly. “Always caring so much about me.”

“You know it.”

She smiled and nodded. “I miss them. I know many of them just didn’t treat me right, but I still miss them Logan. They were my family when I didn’t have anyone.” There. She’d said it. Lately she’d felt the professor trying to find her again, but she’d kept him firmly shut out. She just wasn’t ready to talk to him yet, but they couldn’t stay here forever, she knew that. She sighed.

“What aren’t you telling me?” Logan felt his defences rise a little. He’d known that this day would come. He’d never fooled himself into thinking that they could stay in the little cottage forever, but it had seemed like such a beautiful fantasy to get lost in.

“The Professor, Charles…For the past week he’s been trying to contact me. But I keep him out. He’s a telepath but I’m just not ready to talk to him yet. But just the fact that he’s trying to reach me… it’s reminded me of everyone I’d left behind.”

She turned into him and hid her face in his chest. His arms surrounded her. “Just a little longer.”

He nodded. “As long as you need.”

She didn’t mention that she was also afraid they’d take him away from her. It was no secret that the mutants at the mansion were pretty strict on rules, and he didn’t exactly comply to 99% of them. She snuggled closer, drawing comfort from his closeness.

She needed to know again. The few words had become sacred to her, a invisible string that kept her connected to sanity.

“Yours?”

Logan was a little surprised at her need for reassurance now, but he didn’t hesitate in giving it at all. “Mine. Yours?”

“Mine. Love you.”

“Love you too.”




Another two weeks, gone. Marie marked the calendar and she knew. She just knew. It was time. She wanted to be sure, but if it wasn’t here now, it wouldn’t come anytime soon. She sighed, bracing herself for the challenge that lay ahead of her.

It was already late in the afternoon, the snow had melted quite a bit and she knew that they’d be able to leave soon. The thought made her both very happy, and incredibly sad. At least she’d be rid of the constant probing from the professor. It had grown into a large annoyance compared to the tingle it had been. He was becoming impatient.

Walking down the stairs, she found Logan smoking one of the cigars she’d forced herself to stop smoking three weeks ago. She clambered onto the couch and laid down next to him, refusing the offered beer.

Logan could smell the nervousness in her scent, but whatever she had to tell him, it had been coming for the past two weeks. He knew that, and he’d waited for her, for this moment. He wasn’t going to make any trouble now. She sighed as she pulled his hand over her, wanting to feel him holding her, and he drew her closer to him.

“Logan, Sugah…I think we need to talk.”

There it was; the fateful words. For some reason he felt a little afraid that it would bring an end to everything he’d come to love. She sighed again.

“I’m listening Darlin’.”

“He’s been becoming more insistent.”

Logan nodded. She’d been under incredible stress lately, trying to keep the professor out of her mind. Bloody bastard. She was growing tired much quicker, and had had a slip with her control one or two times when she was caught of guard. At least they’d broken contact quickly both times.

“I think we should go back.”

Logan sat up, still holding Marie. He’d been afraid of this.

“Why?”

“I can’t hold him off anymore. It hurts too much, and I can’t take it.”

“Isn’t there anything I can do?”

She shook her head. Before she would have gladly taken the professor’s determination in her stride, but things had changed and she just couldn’t do that anymore.

“Sugah, you’ll always love me, right? You’ll love me for me?”

*What the hell?* “Of course! Why wouldn’t I?”

She swallowed the big lump that had formed in her throat.

“And do you think you’d ever be able to…you know…have a future with me?”

Now Logan was properly baffled. He’d thought he’d made it abundantly clear that he loved her! “Of course I do! Marie, why are you asking me this?”

She took a deep breath. “Would you consider marrying me when we leave here?” she raised her eyes to his slowly, afraid of what she might see there. All she saw was bewilderment and shock, before she was showered with love, both from his eyes and his lips that suddenly devoured hers. Drawing back she felt her lips swelling a little.

Logan took of the dog tags that rested around his neck. It was all he had of his past. He hung it around her neck. “I don’t have a ring Marie, but those mean much more to me than a ring, and you mean more to me than anything else in the world.”

Marie lifted the dog tags and studied them. Wolverine. Rogue’s Wolverine. Marie’s Logan. She threw her arms around him and sobbed. He soothed her and when she calmed down he pulled her away, questions dancing in his eyes. She owed it to him to explain…

“Logan, Sugah…I’m think I might be pregnant.” She couldn’t look into his eyes. “I’m like clockwork…but I’m almost three weeks late…”

The room was silent for a few seconds before she looked up when she heard him laughing. “Bloody hell Marie, is that what you’ve been worrying about!” he gathered her in his arms and hugged her tightly.

“You…you don’t mind?”

“MIND? Marie, I’m ecstatic! I wouldn’t want a child with anyone but you!” Her face lit up and she fell into his embrace, thinking that everything was going to be alright. He pulled away for a few seconds. “Get that professor pal of yours in your head. We need to get you out of here to somewhere where I can take care of you.”

“Really?” her eyes grew wide. “What if they take you away from me?”

He growled. “One, yes really. The baby doesn’t need more stress than you can handle, and two, they’ll never manage to pry you from my arms.” She nodded and lowered her mental blocks, allowing the professor to speak to her.

~Rogue! Thank god!~

~Hey Charles.~

In Westchester Charles Xavier realised at once that something in Rogue had changed. He needed to know what, and he needed her back at the mansion.

~Where have you been? It’s almost been two months! We missed you!~

She smiled mentally. ~I’m fine, and I missed you too Charles. How is everyone there?~

~We are well, but we need you back Rogue. Things aren’t the same without Little Miss Sunshine.~

Her eyes snapped open and Logan took her hand. She smiled at him. “He’s cracking jokes. If you know him like I do, you’d know that that doesn’t happen.”

~Rogue?~

~Sorry Charles, did you say something?~

~Are you alone?~

~God no! I’m in a cottage with a friend of mine.~

~Anyone I know?~

Marie could feel a sudden probing, but her memory blocks were up before Charles could come near her new treasured memories.

~Charles, I said I missed you. I don’t want you poking around in my mind.”

~I’m sorry Rogue. Where are you?~

~First I want to make a few things clear.~

~Ok.~

~I want to come back, but I’m only coming back because I have too. Also, my friend is coming along with me, but I’m warning you, if you send this mutant away, you won’t see me again. Ever. Is that clear.~

~Is there something you need to tell me Rogue?~

~Is that CLEAR, Charles?~

~Abundantly. Where can we pick you up?~

Marie looked over at Logan. “He’ll be picking us up soon.” She kissed his cheek. “How much time do we need?” Logan purred as she ran her hands through his hair.

“If he’s here in less that an hour, I’ll kill him myself.” Marie giggled.

~For your own safety, I’d recommend you pick me up in Canada in about two hours.~

~CANADA?! But there was a storm there!~

~Relax Xavier. I’ve been more than fine. Let me show you where I am.~

Allowing the professor to see the drive into Canada, minus the crash, and the hike up to the cottage, she cut of the rest of her memories.

~Can you find us?~

~I’ll send Scott with the Blackbird.~

~Thanks Charles. I’ll see you soon.~

~Of course.~

~O Chalres…can you have Hank be ready for me?~

~Are you hurt?~

~No…I just need to check something.~

~Of course.~

~Goodbye Charles.~

~I’ll see you soon.~


Opening her eyes again Marie noticed a very confused looking Logan.

“Share?”

She laughed. “I don’t think so. I asked for two hours, but with them you never know. Do you really want to waste time talking?”

“Good point.”

And with that she was lifted from the couch and carried to ‘their’ room, where Logan made love to her for the last time in ‘their’ bed.




I MEAN LAST TIME AS IN, THEY WON’T HAVE EACH OTHER IN THAT BED AGAIN. THERE’S LOTS OF LOVEMAKING IN THE FUTURE! DON’T HATE ME!
Going Back by minxgal
Author's Notes:
I'm SOOOOO SORRY! I got internet banned for two damned weeks! Can you bloody well believe it!

Well, here it is, the long awaited next chapter!
Going Back


~Scott. I want to see you and Ororo in my office at once. Hank, you as well, if you please.~

After receiving three affirmations, Professor Charles Xavier leaned back in his chair. He’d been trying to reach Rogue over the first few weeks, but she’d been strong and kept him out. When he’d tried again, he’d felt her mind give a little with each attempt. He knew something about the girl had changed, he just didn’t know what. What he was sure of, was that it had everything to do with this mutant friend of hers coming along.

Rogue had always been a very private person, until Jubilation and Katherine had finally managed to break through to her. Not long after she’d begun dating, the walls she’d built around herself slowly crumbling. When she’d left the mansion two months ago, he was sure she’d never let anyone in again.

How wrong he was.

His office door opened and the three X-men came in, Hank shutting the door behind him.

“You called sir?” Scott was the first to speak.

“I’ve found her. And she wants to come home.”

“O, Professor, that’s wonderful!” Ororo exclaimed, Scott’s face fell a little but Hank did nothing.

“Scott, I need you to take the Blackbird along with Ororo and retrieve her from Canada. She’s hiding in a few hours from the border, into the Canadian Forests. You’ll be picking up another mutant with her. Hank, Rogue requested that you accompany them.” Holding up his hands he silenced the three mutants who had immediately started asking questions. “She insists she isn’t hurt, but she’d like to be checked up on. Scott, you’ll be taking the Blackbird to retrieve them, but for safety reasons Ororo must accompany you.”

“Sir?” Ororo was a little surprised. “Is she in any danger?”

Xavier shook his head. “I highly doubt that, but she’s in Canada, and seeing as the storms there have only ended not too long ago I thought it’d be wise to send you along.”

Scott, Ororo and Hank were all shocked. How’d she been able to survive the storms?

“Now isn’t the time for questions. She did request that we pick her up in two hours, but I can’t help feeling more than a little uncomfortable with that arrangement. I’d like you to get everything ready and set out within the next hour.”

With three nods they headed of to do as they were told.

Charles sat in his chair and waited, silently looking out the window and wondering what had happened to Rogue. She was like the daughter he’d never had the chance to have, and he worried about her. His thoughts kept drifting to this ‘mutant friend’ of hers she was bringing along. He didn’t doubt that this friend was a male, and that there was a new connection between them. She wouldn’t have been so insistent otherwise. He sighed, finally hearing the engines of the Blackbird in the distance. He sincerely hoped that Rogue was still the same person that he’d known before.



Marie smiled at Logan, her fingers running up and down his chest. Her skin was already pale and flawless again, the bite marks having disappeared not five minutes ago. As with her, Logan had also completely healed from every mark she’d left on him. Returning her smile, Logan was twirling one of her white strands in his fingers.

They were just taking each other in lazily, basking in the after glow of lazy, slow sex. *Incredible sex.* Unfortunately, at that very moment, three X-men were cautiously approaching the cabin. Marie and Logan picked up the foreign scents at the same time and they jumped out of the bed. Marie flew to the window, and was just in time to see Scott making his way out of the tree’s. She growled.

“What is it, baby?” Logan asked from behind her, ready to defend her at any costs. She sighed and looked around at him.

“Best get dressed, my lover. The cavalry has arrived.”

He nodded and they both got dressed in a hurry. Marie came to her gloves and scarf and looked at Logan.

“Logan, can we…can we just keep my skin a secret for a while?” she wasn’t sure she was ready for all the attention that would cause. In fact, she wasn’t ready to tell everyone about ‘them’ either, but she couldn’t ask that of Logan. Of course, she didn’t have too. He walked forward and twirled the scarf around her neck as she pulled the gloves on.

“We don’t need them to tell them anything yet, darlin’. You can tell them ‘bout everything as soon as you’re ready.” He didn’t like having to hide, but he cared too much for his Marie to see her get hurt. He’d do anything for her. It was surprising, how things had changed. How she’d gone from thorn in his side to the only person he’d ever truly love. And he’d gone from ‘Tool-to-bash-tree’s-with’ to her lover. He smiled.

Maire hugged Logan and took a deep breath. “Well, back to civilization now, I guess…” he nodded and released her just as there was a knock on the door below. With a last smile directed at each other they headed down the stairs. While she made for the door, Logan headed to the storeroom for his cigars. No way in hell was he going to leave them behind.

Marie hesitated at he door. She wanted to go back, but knowing it was Scott on the other side of the door, and that he was taking her back to Westchester, and Bobby, she was scared. She didn’t notice Logan behind her until she felt him kiss her cheek.

“It’ll be fine.”

She nodded and reached for the door, opening it slowly and forcing a smile as she saw Scott and ‘Ro on the other side.

“Hey Scott… ‘Ro…”

“Rogue!”

Neither noticed the large man standing a little to the side of Marie and they both hurried forward to hug her. Logan did notice them however. And he also noticed how they both took care not to touch her bare skin. It pleased him somewhat, knowing that he touched her. Only he did. He didn’t go unnoticed forever though. Scott was the first to see him…Well, Logan thought he saw him. Scott – he assumed – was wearing an odd red visor.

“I take it you’re the unexpected passenger.” Both ‘Ro and Marie turned as Scott addressed him. Marie didn’t appreciate his tone of voice, so she headed over to Logan, placing a gloved hand on his arm. He was scowling and he grabbed the first name that came at him, responding before Marie could.

“Head on, Scooter. Name’s Wolverine.”

Storm raised an eyebrow, but didn’t say anything as Rogue playfully hit this Wolverine’s arm.

“Be nice Scott.” She turned to Logan. “Well, that’s Scott Summers, or Cyclops…” Logan smirked at the name, “ …and this is Ororo Munroe, better known as Storm.” Logan nodded his head. Marie looked at him pointedly, and to the surprise of both ‘Ro and Scott, he sighed.

“Logan.” Marie smiled and turned back to the others.

“We going or what? I want to get back.”

They nodded and started back to the Blackbird. Scott was leading the way, Storm and Rogue behind him, and Logan just behind Rogue. Scott didn’t like this new mutant at all, but something told him that he shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions. He just frowned as they reached the large black jet and he headed up the ramp.

Logan stared at the giant machine in front of him. He’d never seen anything like it. One thing was for sure. These ‘X-guys’ had money. He followed Marie up the ramp when the scent of another mutant reached him. He growled and turned around, claws unsheathed, staring into the face of a furry blue mutant.

Marie was beside him in seconds. “Logan, it’s fine. This is Dr. Hank McCoy, or Beast.” Logan looked at her, not noticing how the others were all staring at the metal claws protruding from his fists, and ‘Ro jumped a little when they disappeared. He looked back at the other Mutant.

“Rogue’s right my friend. I mean you no harm.”

Logan cocked his head to one side, taking another deep breath. Unlike the scent of the other two, this mutant smelled different…familiar somehow. Logan held out his hand, surprising even Marie, but Hank merely smiled and took the offered hand.

“We’ll be taking of soon. I suggest you do whatever you need to do in the Medbay.” Scott said, turning and heading to the front, followed by ‘Ro. When they both disappeared into their seats, Marie took Logan’s hand and pulled him with her into the medical bay, behind Hank.

“I trust Hank with my life Logan. If we’re going to tell anyone, it should be him. He is one of my few good and true friends.”

Yes, he was trustworthy. Logan had smelled it on him. He simply nodded and as the door closed behind them, he pulled Marie to him and kissed her. He’d lifted her scarf to her mouth though, not sure if she wanted Hank to know about her skin yet. She appreciated it. The clearing of a throat brought them back to reality. Beast was smiling as they turned to face him.

“Well, well. I’m happy for you Marie.”

So, he knows her name…even though he called her Rogue before…It kicked up Logan’s respect for the creature up a few notches. He didn’t growl as Hank pulled her into a hug before turning to Logan. “Take good care of this one.”

Logan smiled and nodded. “She ain’t getting’ away from me, Blue.” Hanks simply nodded at the nickname before turning back to Marie, who was smiling broadly.

“Hank, I need you to keep this under wraps. I don’t want anybody to know about this, or a few other things yet. You know I trust you right?”

“Of course!” His eyes were twinkling. “So, why’d you want me to accompany those two over here?”

She smiled and headed to the table, sitting herself on it. “I need you to test whether I’m pregnant or not. I’m almost certain, but I just want a little assurance for both me and for my lovable, hard-headed fiancé.” She was still smiling, and now Logan was standing next to her, trademark smirk on his face as Hanks jaw fell to the ground.

“Pregnant? Fiancé? Marie, I’m SO happy for you!” This time he didn’t only hug Marie, but Logan as well. “Congratulations Logan. It brings me great joy to see dear Marie so happy.” With a smile he turned around and hurried to the small bag of supplies he’d brought along, happy now that he did. For some unexplained reason he always kept one or two pregnancy tests in it. Handing one to Marie he pointed her to a door. “In there.”

She jumped of the table, hugged Logan and disappeared.

“She’s something else, isn’t she?” he asked, staring after her. Hank came and stood next to him.

“That she is, Logan. I’m glad she found someone who isn’t bothered by her skin…” as he said this, something nagged at the back of his mind, but he pushed it aside, for now, “…especially after everything she’s gone through.”

Logan nodded. “She trusts you implicitly.”

Hank turned to him. “I suppose she does.” He was frowning slightly, wondering what Logan meant by that.

“Then so do I.” he turned to the fuzzy mutant and held out a hand. “I’m going to need a best man…” and for the first time since setting foot on the jet, Logan smiled.

Hank, shocked as he was, returned the smile and shook his hand. “It’ll be an honour! If you are sure, then I absolutely accept.”

Both Hank and Logan turned as the door Marie had disappeared through opened. She was holding the test in her hands, smiling, and her eyes sparkling with unshed tears. Logan rushed to her as she both sobbed and giggled at the same time, making the oddest sound. She leaned her head on his chest. She didn’t have to say the result out loud; both men knew at once.

“Positive. We’re going to have a baby Logan. Yours and mine. OURS…”

“Yes, darlin’, ours. And I’ll never let either of you get hurt. Ever.”

Just then it dawned on Hank. “Marie…”

She turned to him, but he was frowning, the smile from earlier absent now.

“Marie, you’re pregnant, but…what about you’re skin, Maire? How did you…” he was still frowning, wondering how they’d managed to get her pregnant while using a condom, when Logan took it upon himself to show ol’ Blue exactly how they managed it. In a swift movement he’d pulled Marie to him and firmly kissed her on the lips…without a barrier. When they finally pulled apart, both were in need of some air. Hank had been too shocked to say anything, and was now sitting on the table Marie had occupied.

“Marie, you’ve done it…but how?”

They walked over to him, hand in hand. “A little practice Hanky…just don’t tell anyone, k?”

He laughed. “Not a word. My, my, you are full of new surprises Marie.” She smiled.

“Thanks Hank.”

“Don’t mention it. Besides, I don’t want to be stabbed before I get to be the best man at a wedding…” He winked and Marie gasped, looking at Logan.

Logan just shrugged. “You trust him, so, so do I.” Marie giggled, and the men laughed, but the sound was interrupted by Scott’s voice over the speaker.

“Time to buckle up folks, we’re heading back.”

With one more hug to both Marie and Logan, Hank led them out of the Med bay and they were all buckled up in no time, heading back for Westchester. Marie and Logan didn’t stop looking at each other once.



Meanwhile…

~Professor, we’re on our way back.~

~That’s good to hear, Ororo. How is she?~

~She seems just fine Charles, but she’s changed, I think. She seems more controlled, calmer, more at peace I guess…~

~Yes, I sensed something of this kind myself. She’s grown.~

~I would say so.~

~And this mutant companion of hers?~

~I don’t know how to describe him Chalres. He’s…well, he seems almost like a wild man. He introduced himself as Wolverine, but Rogue calls him Logan. I would say he is in his mid-thirties, with a healing mutation.~

~Oh? And what makes you say this Ororo?~

~He has claws Charles. But when he retracted them, the wounds sealed. Not a mark or even a trickle of blood.~

~I see…And how are they…around each other?~

Ororo hesitated before answering.

~Like I said Charles, he looks a wild man with a temper, but somehow she soothes him with even the fewest words, or even just his name. They are somehow connected Charles, and I daresay, it’s a deep connection.~

In his office, Charles Xavier sighed.

~That’s what I was afraid of.~ Silence

~Charles?~

~Well, let us see how things are when she is home. I’ll see you in a short while.~

~Yes sir.~

The connection closed.

“I don’t trust him.” Scott said to Ororo as he headed back to the school.

“She trusts him Scott. For now, let’s leave it at that.”

The rest of the flight was silent.
Things Changed by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Next Chapter up! Hope yall like!

FEED ME REVIEWS!!!

Oh, just a heads up, I got another good idea in the works ;)
Things Changed


Things went very differently than how Marie had imagined. She’d visualized everyone outside on a beautiful, sunny Saturday, laughing and swimming. Not that she wanted it, but the absolute quiet that greeted her was rather unnerving.

“They’re all at the movies.” ‘Ro answered her unasked question.

Sensing her sudden discomfort, Logan walked next to her as they made their way into the Mansion. They were led straight to the Professors office and Scott held the door open for them. Inside Xavier sat, awaiting their arrival.

Logan was a little surprised by the bald man in the chair. The way Marie had described him, a powerful mutant with great mental powers…He’d expected more, to be frank. But the presence that the crippled man exuded was not to be denied either. Crippled or no, this man had an air about him…and it did not hold any comfort for Logan at all.

Xavier watched as Rogue and Wolverine entered his study. Rogue had most definitely aged, or seemed like she had done, in the past two months. She was a little paler than when she’d left, and she carried herself differently. Almost the way she’d done when she’d absorbed Carol. She’d almost hopped straight from teenager to adult after that. They were both calm as they sat down, but he could see that Wolverine was not as comfortable as he tried to appear. Rogue just smiled at him, but it was a tired smile.

“Hi Charles.”

“Good Afternoon Rogue.”

Ororo and Scott entered, but Hank headed back down to the Lab. Marie had allowed him to draw some of her blood, and he wanted to test it, to see if her gene had changed. She’d told him about the healing, but he’d found it incredibly strange. No one had questioned it when he didn’t come to join them.

Charles looked over at Wolverine.

“I take it this is the friend you informed me of?” Rogue nodded.

“Welcome Logan. It’s a pleasure to have you here. I am Professor Charles Xavier.”

“Pleasure’s all mine, Chuck.” Logan grunted and Xavier turned his attention back to Rogue. He wasn’t really phased by this nickname, but the others seemed a little taken aback that he didn’t attempt to correct Logan on his name.

“Well, Rogue…you’ve been gone a while. How have things been these past few months?”

“Things went well, thanks Charles. Logan took pretty good care of us out there.” There was a ‘hmph’ from beside her, but she raised an eyebrow at him, almost as if to say ‘Your disagreeing with me, bub?’. It was missed by everyone except Logan and the Professor.

“Anything you want to add, Hairball?” Scott asked from the corner, and Logan answered him before either the professor or Rogue could interfere.

“Now that you mention it One-Eye, I do. See, I fixed the place up a bit, but the truth is she took care of me. Saved my life from the storm, found the cabin, made mosta the food an’ kept me in proper line too. She’s one helluva fighter Chuck.” *And she’s MINE.* he thought to himself.

Xavier was slightly startled by Logan’s reaction, but he wasn’t displeased. He was a little uncomfortable when a clearly projected sentence made its way into his mind. He could tell at once that it came from Logan and that he hadn’t intended to project it. *And she’s MINE.* Well, well, who’d a thought. He knew he wouldn’t say anything, but he hoped that Rogue would come to him and tell him why Logan would think that.

“Indeed.” He said to break the silence. Scott was speechless, and Ororo was trying to hide her laughter behind her hand. Rogue merely smiled.

“I simply wanted to welcome you back to the school, Rogue, and meet our new housemate. I had two rooms prepared for you.”

Almost as if on cue, Jean walked into the study. She didn’t look at Rogue, moving straight to Scott, who put a possessive arm around her. “Ah. Dr. Summers, I take it the rooms are ready?”

*Dr. SUMMERS? He went and married her anyway? Stupid ass! Deserves that dumb bitch.* Marie thought. Logan felt a slight attraction to the woman that entered, but when he sensed Marie’s blatant hostility towards her, he realised at once who she must be. Any and every emotion he might have felt towards her immediately turned into suspicion, anger and dislike. She hurt his Marie. A menacing growl escaped his throat and Marie sensed the danger of a temper-overload at once. She turned back to Logan, placing a gloved hand on his arm. She could already see the tips of his metal claws begging to be released from his hands.

“Sugah, it’s fine. It’s in the past. It’s over and done with.” He looked back at her, searching her eyes.

“You’re still angry.”

“And I’m going to be for a while. Now’s not the time.” Together their eyes quickly scanned the rest of the room, surprised faces all around. Logan simply nodded, not wanting to make a scene and embarrass Marie.

Charles cleared his throat. “Yes, well…the rooms. Jean?”

Tearing her eyes away from Logan, she looked at the floor. “They’re ready, professor.”

“Good. ‘Ro, would you mind taking them up?” *And watch them closely. Report straight back here when you’re done.*

Ororo nodded. “You guys want to follow me, then?”

Marie got up and nodded at the Professor. “It’s good to be back, Chuck.”

Jean gasped loudly, but the professor smiled. It all became quite clear right at that moment. “Glad to see you again, Rogue.”

Ignoring everyone else, Marie and Logan left the study, following Ororo.



“They…they called you ‘Chuck’ sir… *CHUCK*. And you didn’t even reprimand them!” Scott was on the attack almost immediately after he was sure Rogue and Logan were out of earshot. “And what’s with her defending him all the time…or his remarks about ‘she’ taking care of ‘him’?! ROGUE does NOT take care of people!” He was pacing the study, ignoring Jeans plea’s to calm down.

“Scott, it’s going to be fine. Just relax, I’m sure she knows what she’s doing.” She tried to reach for him but he pulled away.

“It’s not going to be bloody well fine. Something is not right, and I’m going to …” Scott was cut of as his body froze, completely unable to move.

“SCOTT!”

Both Scott and Jean stared at the professor. “I am sorry that I had to do that Scott, but you are losing a little control of yourself. Now, catch your breath and sit down, both of you.”

With a quiet nod, Scott still a little red in the face, they both sat down.

“Now, if either of you had even paid enough attention to notice, something here is happening, and it’s beyond our control. When Ororo returns we will be having a serious discussion about both our new arrival and what it entails for Rogue, and our behaviour towards them.”

They had to wait almost an hour for Ororo to return.



‘Ro closed the study door and started down the hall. “Charles made a new space for you on the other side of the staff wing. It’s the only place where we had two empty rooms right next to each other.” She looked at Rogue, and smiled sadly. “We’ve already moved all your things into it from your old room.”

Rogue nodded. What ‘Ro meant was ‘When you left Bobby insisted that we take all of your things out of his room’. Logan reached over and quickly squeezed her hand while Ro headed up the stairs in front of them. She felt a little better, knowing he was there with her.

After a short walk through the mansion – it’s size confusing and amazing Logan all at once – Ro finally stopped near two doors. She pointed to the one. “Through there is your room, hon.” Then she beckoned to the one across the hall from Rogue’s door. “This one here is yours. I’m sure you’ll find everything you need in there.”

Logan grunted, but Rogue ignored him. “Thanks Ro.”

“Anytime.” She smiled and headed down the hall, but as soon as both Logan and Rogue’s attention was drawn to each other, she slipped into another empty room unnoticed. She would be able to watch them safely from here, she was sure. It was barely ten minutes before she wished she hadn’t.



As soon as Marie was sure Ro wasn’t a problem anymore she turned to Logan, who was leaning against the wall, watching her. “It’s big and a little maze-like, I know, but you’ll get used to it.” Logan cocked an eyebrow. She sighed. “Well, I hope we’ll get used to it. I guess I didn’t miss this place as much as I thought.” She turned to her door and eyed it thoughtfully. Logan came up behind her and placed his arms around her waist, placing a soft kiss on her head.

“Best to do it and get it over with Darlin’. I’ll wait right here.”

Marie nodded and walked through the door. It was foreign to her, even as she saw her clothing, her throw-pillows on the bed, and some of her ornaments all over the room. It could only be the work of one Jubilation Lee and Katherine Pride. She sighed. “I don’t want to sleep in here. It’s not our bedroom. It looks too much like before…” she trailed of, not sure of what else to say. She tossed her rucksack to the floor and walked back out to Logan.

“Scooter seems a little protective of you.”

She nodded. “Before everything happened, he was like my older brother. We did a lot of things together.”

“I don’t like him.”

Marie laughed. “Don’t worry Sugah, I think the feeling’s mutual.”

“Hmph.”

“Stop sulking.” Marie said through giggles. “It doesn’t suit you.”

Logan’s lips twitched a little, almost as if he wanted to smile. “Ro’s alright. She’s a good person. She smells a little like Blue. Trustworthy. She’ll look out for you.”

Marie didn’t say anything, she just watched Logan as he leaned against the wall, giving out unasked for opinions about the people he’d met.

“That other woman, Red. She better watch herself if she doesn’t want to end up on the wrong end of six blades. She hurt you.” Before even realising it, Logan’s claws were unsheathed. Marie sighed and took his fists in her hands and slowly ran her fingers over his claws.

“She did hurt me Logan, but it takes two to tango. Bobby is just as much to blame as she is, if not more. I am still angry at her, but I don’t want to hate her.”

She kissed his claws, marvelling at the cool metal. It was always cool; Logan’s body heat did nothing to warm it. But she liked it just the way it was. She’d grown rather fond of his claws; they could be very erotic if used correctly. And Logan knew exactly how. A little added bonus to her new healing power. Almost as if sensing her thoughts, Logan stroked her cheek with the blades, and she hissed as three cuts appeared across her cheek, a few drops of blood trickling from it before the wounds sealed. A whimper escaped her as Logan leaned forward and his tongue darted out to lick the three thin lines from her cheek.

“Not in the Hallway, sugah.” She placed her hands on his chest and pushed away a little, but she remained in his arms. He looked a little put down and she giggled. “Lover, as much as I want you to take me right now, against the wall if you wanted, I don’t think the others would appreciate the noise.”

Logan knew she was right and let her go, but only after he kissed her again. She smiled and stood next to him as he opened the door to his own room.

It was bare, except for a large bed, closet and a table in the corner. As with her room, it had a door to a bathroom.

“It’s rather empty.”

He nodded. “It needs a woman’s touch.” Saying this he looked at Marie and took her hand in his. “It’s not the cabin, but its fine.”

“It’s not home.” She whispered and Logan sighed.

“Yeah. No memories.”

At this Marie perked up a little. She turned to face Logan and placed a hand on his cheek, cocking her head to one side. There was a small, mischievous smile on her face. “What are you thinking, Marie?” he asked. He was a little wary of her ‘naughty’ side. It had cost him a broken rib, and it took a wee bit more than a week to heal.

“Maybe we should stop talking and make a few new ones.” The hand that was on his cheek was suddenly pulling him closer, and their lips touched almost cautiously. Within seconds Logan had snaked both his hands around her and drew her against him, the kiss deepening, becoming increasingly hungry.

“Chuck and his pals can go screw themselves.” He growled as he nuzzled her neck, placing soft kiss against her jugular vein. Marie let her head fall to the side, exposing more of her neck. It was a sign of submission she knew drove Logan insane. This time was no different. He grabbed her thighs and lifted her, supporting her back against the wall next to her door.

Marie closed her eyes and threaded her fingers through his hair as he lowered his head and latched onto a nipple. Even through the thin fabric of her shirt she could feel every sensation.

“Take ‘em off Marie.”

Huh? “God, sugah…take what off?” She was having a hard time thinking while he was working wonders with his tongue. She could feel the bulge rapidly forming in his pants and she lifted her hips, causing the sweetest friction.

“Damn it Marie, the gloves…shit…take the gloves of NOW!” she smiled as she tugged the gloves of, still moving her hips against him.

“I reek Logan.” He was startled and he pulled away a little.

“I don’t want to smell like the Blackbird, or like my room, or like Scott and Ro. I need you to lose control…take me they way you like to. Just make me yours all over again.” There was no way, in Heaven or Hell, to describe the feeling that coursed through him. He would do anything she liked, and this was what she wanted.

“God Marie…” he almost choked on his words as she pushed against him particularly hard. “What happened to safety first?”

“Like you said, Chuck can co fuck himself. You, on the other hand, best get busy fucking me!”

Within seconds his shirt was through the open door, landing somewhere in the room behind him, and hers was ripped to shreds. Dark red lines marked her torso where’s his blades had cut her in the process, not one of them by accident. He was once again suckling at her neck, and they could both feel the large vein pulsing as he bit the skin. Fighting the urge to moan, Marie leaned forward and did the same, silencing herself, and for a few seconds they were both sucking at the rapidly sealing wounds in each others necks.

She gasped as she felt him cut through her jeans. As he did so, the smell of her arousal hit him full force and he groaned. Marie’s fingers wasted no time in finding his fly and struggling for a couple of seconds she swore and simply tore it open.

“Marie…” his eyes were dark and searching hers.

“You can never hurt me.”

With one smooth thrust he buried himself in her completely, moaning as she screamed into his mouth. He pulled out of her, but plunged back in almost immediately.

“Unh…that’s it sugah…god…just let go. Make me yours.” She fought hard to get the words out instead of just mumbling, and she was rewarded with another ruthless thrust. She felt a new yet somehow familiar pain in her body. It was the same with Logan as he plunged into her as deep as he could, as fast as he could manage.

‘You are mine, Marie. Only mine. Forever.” His voice was firm; she understood that he meant it. His eyes were focused on her, and the pants of her jean was soon in tatters, torn edges stained with blood from shallow and quick-healing cuts caused by his claws as he tries to pull her closer to him.

“Only yours. Friend, lover, wife…unh…god, harder!”

Logan had lost all semblance of control or rhythm, simply pounding into her, spurred on by her erratic attempts to pull him deeper and her moans and screams, each swallowed by him as he kissed her. The fact that it also kept the sounds from shaking the mansion was an added bonus.

“Mate…” The word escaped him before he could stop himself, and somehow Marie understood. She was his mate. Wife to the man and mate to the wolverine. She wouldn’t want to be anything else.

“Yes…fuck…yes. I’m your mate…”

“Who do you belong to, Marie?”

“God sugah, you, just you…harder…”

“And I?” Marie gasped as the he complied to her wish and almost didn’t hear him. As it were, she had the hardest time just replying.

“I can’t…please, faster…Logan!” So close, she was so close. The pain and the pleasure were swirling around each other in circles, and she didn’t know which was which anymore, just enjoying every sensation.

“SAY IT MARIE!”

“Oh god…MINE, your mine, just mine, always mine…”

Screaming as she came, the sounds where again swallowed by Logan’s mouth on hers, as he followed with a few more thrusts. He groaned as his body shook, and he could feel Marie trembling against him. He pulled out of her as gently as he could, but he didn’t lower her to the floor.

“Marie…”

“Don’t you dare say a word…” There was no way in hell she was going to let him apologize. Not when she’d needed it as much as he did. Logan smiled and nodded.

“Bedtime I think.” Marie sighed and buried her face in his chest as he carried her into his room. They both knew that this time there’d be actual sleeping involved.



Ororo Munroe’s heart was almost literally beating in her throat. When Logan had placed the kiss on Rogue’s head, she had this feeling that she should go, but she didn’t. Faithful to the professors instruction, she stayed, but the fact that her heart was still able to beat after all the shocks and surprises she just had…miracle.

For one, she now knew Rogue’s true name. Apparently, so did Logan. And she could touch, heal, referred to herself as Logan’s ‘wife’ at one point, was a very vocal lover and quite clearly had a adamantium-claw-and-blood fetish. But the main thing that kept mulling around in her head was something simple that Logan had said.

*Trustworthy* She felt guilty and dirty at having watched them, especially after he’d shown that he could respect her. She headed of to her room, intending to take a shower before heading back to the study. She would make good. She wouldn’t show Xavier anything important and she would do her best to show Logan his trust was not misplaced.
Walls and Rumours by minxgal
Author's Notes:
OMG, thanks for the dedication guys! If I'd known people actually still read this I would've gotten by ass into shape sooner! Thanks so much, this one is just for you!
Walls and Rumours

The moment Ororo entered her room she shut the door firmly behind her, resting her back against it. With every step she’d taken after watching the intimate display between Rogue and Wolverine she’d felt worse. Worse and much, much dirtier. She couldn’t believe that she’d actually spied on them, professors orders or not! She wasn’t that type of person; she cared about *Marie* and wanted her to be happy. And one thing was for certain – if the professor knew the nature of their relationship he wouldn’t hesitate too long before sending Logan away. It was no secret that he thought of her as a daughter and was more than just a little protective of her. Kinky blood play was not something he would approve of in his mansion.

Groaning, she made her way to the bathroom, intent on taking a long shower before returning to the office. If she was going to keep Charles out of her mind and away from these memories she needed to be calm. Right now she was anything BUT. The water was scalding hot but Ororo stayed under them as the spray battered her body. *This is going to be hell…*

When she was finally satisfied a good amount of time had passed. She’d just exited the shower when she felt Xavier’s voice in her head.
~Ororo, what is taking so long?~

~On my way sir. Just had something I had to take care of~

~Rogue?~

~No, it’s personal. I’ll be right there.~

~Very well. Please, don’t waste time.~


Dressing with as much speed as she was capable of – the professor wouldn’t like to be kept waiting now – she rushed through the mansions many halls until she stood outside the office. With a deep breath she buried her thoughts and emotions as best she could and opened the door to find three faces looking back at her.




“For heavens sake, what is taking so long!” Scott hadn’t been able to stay seated for long and had soon started pacing the room again. Xavier allowed it but the minute he became furious again he would force him to stay on the couch. Jean, on the other hand, remained seated quietly, hands in her lap and her eyes focused only on that spot.

Xavier sighed. “Scott, perhaps they are talking and Ororo needs time to listen to them. I’m sure she won’t be much longer.” But when she hadn’t returned thirty minutes later – and one Scott-tantrum which resulted in him being confined to the chair – Xavier decided to try and contact her. It wasn’t that hard, but he did sense that her mind was not in it’s usual calm state. This bothered him.

She did assure him that she would be there soon as she was just attending to a personal matter. For some unknown reason Xavier distinctly felt she was lying to him but he dismissed this almost at once. Ororo had never before lied to him, he was quite sure she wouldn’t start deceiving him now. “’Ro has just informed me that she is, in fact, on her way. When she gets here we will talk about Rogue and Wolverine, but I would appreciate it if you would keep yourself under control Scott. As much as we would like her to be, Rogue is neither your sister nor my daughter. And as much as I hate to say it, she’s both grown up and replaced both of us. Her Wolverine strikes me as both her confidant and protector.”

At that moment the door opened to reveal a wet-haired Ororo Munroe. Every face in the room turned to her and Scott’s nostrils flared angrily. “You took time to SHOWER! We’ve neem waiting here for almost an hour! Do you have any idea what manner of things went through my head!”

Unfazed by his ramble ‘Ro entered the room, acknowledging Charles before sitting down. “What I do is not your business Scott. Nor is it the matter at hand.”

The professor nodded. “What have you learned?”

Knowing that she would now have to pull of the acting job of her life – no matter how much it hurt hiding the whole truth from Charles – she began speaking with as much of her usual calmness as she could muster.

“Nothing really new actually. I’m sure we’ve all deduced that he is very protective over Rogue and quite attuned to her feelings, as she is to his. She also seems to have some of his personality so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an accidental touching when they’d first met. He also doesn’t seem very afraid of her skin, nor does she seem bothered by his claws. They seem to have grown quite close but there’s nothing much else I can tell you. They just seem very comfortable and in synch with each other.”

There. Nothing about her ability to control her killing touch, nothing about their fetish or manner of their relationship, not a word about the whole mate incident. All in all she felt like she managed to keep the information believable enough without revealing anything important.

Charles only nodded, but he could feel there was more. Cautiously he entered her mind only to find hers blocking him.

~What are you hiding Storm?~

~Please Charles, for once listen to me and don’t go probing where you shouldn’t.~

~I never thought you’d lie to me~

~I never have. But he told her he could trust me. I can’t betray that Charles; don’t ask me too.~

~Will she tell me?~

~I doubt that she will tell you everything, but you will notice soon enough even if she doesn’t come to you.~

~Should I be worried?~

Laughing. ~Only if you try to separate them. I have no doubt both of them would fight to the death to protect each other.~


This seemed to satisfy Xavier and he retreated. It was at this point that Scott remembered he had a voice.

“I don’t like that man. And I don’t like who Rogue is around him. I don’t care how much more mature she seems now, I think you should do something about this sir. I mean, did you have to give them rooms right across from each other!? It’s just not appropriate!”

*You have no idea, Scotty…* ‘Ro thought to herself before being able to prevent the thought. Thankfully it appeared that the Professor was to tired with Scott’s arguing to pay attention to what she was thinking.

“They are staying where they are. Make sure all the students know not to go looking for Rogue until she’s ready. Also, try to prevent any rumours and questions. I don’t want to cause Rogue any more stress or place anyone at risk by taking her away from Wolverine.”

Scott was about to argue but a single look from the professor subdued him. “Anything else?”

Jean took her chance. “Sir, She requested Hank to be her personal physician. Not only that, but it seems she’s already made a few appointments with him. Doesn’t this strike you as odd?”

“She’s been stuck in a cabin for a long time now Jean. She’s also been through quite a few things. Perhaps it’s a good sign – she’s finally decided to get a bit more help instead of facing everything alone. Now, if you don’t mind, I need to think.”

The three mutants left in silence, leaving the professor to his thoughts.

*What have you gotten yourself into Rogue?*



It wasn’t an hour before the entire mansion was buzzing with the news – The Rogue was back and apparently she’d brought some violent mutant with her! With the many stories running through the halls it wasn’t long before Jubilee and Kat heard about her return.

“I can’t believe she came back…how do you think she survived?”

“I don’t know Jubes, but I don’t think now is a good time to go looking for her and ask her. Storm forbade it.”

“Crap. I want to talk to my friend…”

“…Ex-friend…”

Jubes shot Kat a look before continuing. “…and find out exactly what happened. There’s something not right about giving them rooms so close to each other.”

“Just don’t get yourself into trouble.”

“I won’t. You’re coming with me.”

There wasn’t a chance for an argument as they saw Professor Storm head their way. They fell into silence as she walked past, continuing on her trip through the room.



*She came back!* Bobby had heard that the others had gone on a mission to retrieve two mutants but it was only until the rumours started spreading that he realized who’d they’d gone to get.

Perhaps she still had his engagement ring…maybe she would still marry him. Did she still love him? Love or not, he wanted her anyway. She was his fiancé. So when the rumours of a romantic connection between Rogue and her guest began circulating it’s needless to say he became angry.

“Hands of ass. That girl is mine.” He would find her tomorrow, and make sure she knew it too.



Unaware of the rumours spreading like wildfire, despite the older mutant’s attempts to squash them, Marie and Logan slept peacefully in each others arms.
End Notes:
I know its not long, but I need to get back into this...):
More coming soon! Promise!
Blood on my Hands by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Another update! Still not as long as before, but we're getting there. Quality over Quantity, yes?
Blood on my Hands

There was something wrong with the bed beneath her. It wasn’t as soft nor as worn as the one she was used too. Confused Rogue slowly opened her eyes to discover she was in a room that she didn’t recognize. But when she felt an arm possessively around her she smiled, remembering the trip from the cabin as well as this room that now served as Wolverines – and hers. More relaxed she moulded into the body behind her, revelling in his closeness and warmth.

“Mornin’.”

It was his usually gruff greeting, one that Rogue had grown both used to and to love. She wouldn’t have it any other way. Decided to leave the talking for later she pressed harder against him but a large hand quickly stilled her movements, turning a pouting woman around. Wolverine laughed at her pout before placing a quick kiss on her lips, effectively deflating it.

“As much as I want you Marie, you know as well as I do that you have an appointment with Hank today. And we are not going to keep him waiting.”

With that he sat up, scooped her into his arms and with little difficulty lifted her, making his way towards the bathroom – and thus the shower – attached to his room. Rogue just giggled melodically until she found both her feet planted firmly on the tiled floor of the shower. A rather large shower…Seconds later she felt Logan join her and a cold spray peppered they’re bodies before it began to heat up. Folding her arms she turned to look at him in all his naked glory.

“How am I supposed to be a good, chaste little Rogue when I have such a delicious man standing in my shower?”

Logan only laughed before picking up a washcloth, lathering it with soap and began washing her neck and back. Marie shivered, tingles following his movements over her skin. As he thoroughly cleaned her she closed her eyes and sighed. Even when there was nothing sexual about his acts she became aroused. It was like the man was one giant aphrodisiac!

“That’s it!” with a quick movement she had him pinned against the wall, the cloth now in her hand and soap trailing down her body as the raining water washed it from her. “My turn.” She said in a wicked voice, a smirk on her face. Logan knew very well she was about to exact her revenge as she began to mimic his earlier movements, washing his chest and back – but as she moved lower she purposefully avoided ‘certain body parts’.

“You are an evil little minx.”

Marie looked up and winked from her lowered position. “I learned from the best.” They stood there, staring at each other for a few seconds, waiting for the air to crack.

When Logan spoke again, it did. “Come on. We’re going to be late if we don’t go right now…” Marie nodded and within minutes they were both dressed – Marie with her gloves and scarf, just in case –, heading down the stairs and to the medical bay where Hank would be waiting. For some reason Marie was thankful they’d decided to come this early – most of the students were still asleep. There was no way she’d be able to face them yet…especially not Robert. She was also thankful for the absences as she was able to keep her hand in the protective grip of her Wolverine.

The trip was not a long one and they entered the bay together, Hank waiting for them. “Right on time my friends.” He walked forward to hug Rogue before extending a hand to Wolverine which the man took without hesitation. “Now Marie, you’re here for your first ultrasound and evaluation.” Hanks voice had become professional, something that Logan appreciated. Rogue nodded and left Wolverine’s side.

“Come on, both of you.” Hank looked at Wolverine. “Surely you want to see how your child is looking?”

Minutes later they were both looking at a black and white picture of something resembling a tadpole. But there were still tears in Marie’s eyes and the way Logan was smiling could make any person doubt that he was known for his murderous temper. Marie looked at Logan and Hank took this as his queue to step out for a few seconds, leaving them alone with each other.

“Look love, this is us. You and me, we made this. We created something living together.”

Logan just nodded before leaning down and placing a kiss on her belly, catching a little of the gel on his lips, but really caring. When he’d woken up all those years ago he’d never thought he’d find someone who loved and understood him the way Marie did, be engaged or on the way to becoming a father. All those little things that other people took for granted was details he never expected to have in his own life.

“Come on. The sooner we finish with Hank, the sooner we can get out of here.”

She straightened herself out and allowed Logan to help her from the small bed. Hank was already waiting for them when they came out of the room, Marie glowing with joy.

“May I just offer congratulations again to you both. I can’t tell you what its gender will be for a few more weeks, but so far it looks perfectly normal. You too should be proud.”

“We are Blue, we are.” Logan hugged Marie as he said this.

“Now, I don’t think I need to tell you Marie, but no more drinking or smoking,” he looked at Logan pointedly, “ and no fighting. For now, just enjoy it because the morning sickness usually starts at the seven or eight week mark. You’ll also begin showing soon, although I am surprised that there is no indication yet.”

Marie laughed. “Believe me Hank, I’m really happy that I’m not showing yet. I’m just not ready for all those questions yet!” Hank and Logan joined in the laughter and they stood there for a few minutes, enjoying each others company before Hank looked at the large clock on his wall.

“Well then, I think it’s best you two be off now and get a little more rest before the whole house wakes. My next appointment should be here soon.”

With a hug and a handshake the couple left hand in hand, leaving a smiling Hank behind. If there was one thing Marie deserved it was a man who would take care of her like Logan would. He was still standing in thought when a young boy came through his doors, ready for his morning check up.




“Look at that. What do you think Chuck is going to say when he sees six holes in his precious mansion walls?” Marie’s voice was playful as she walked her fingers up and down a very gloriously naked and sweat covered Logan’s chest.

“It’s just some redecorating. I’m sure he’ll not say a word.”

“And the scratch marks next to them?”

“Accident.”

“You have an excuse for everything, don’t you?”

“I should.” He shifted to pull his arm tighter around Marie and placed a kiss on her forehead. “If I didn’t we’d be found out and I’d have to let you move back to your room. It wouldn’t go over well to tell them I stabbed you during wild and passionate sex.”

They both laughed at this and Logan ran his fingers over the small scars that were disappearing where he’d run his claws through Marie’s shoulders. She’d encouraged him, practically begging him and he didn’t regret it now. It had been amazing for both of them. He was still astonished by how arousing she found his claws and the pain – or pleasure – he could inflict with them. Still, he wasn’t complaining. He’d begun enjoying it as much as she did, if not more.

“I actually want to go for a walk today, just to explore the grounds again. I did miss the Ororo’s garden. Maybe I can show you the danger room and you can keep yourself busy while I’m out?”

“Danger Room? Tryin’ to get rid of me?”

“No, but I just want a little time alone Sugah. I promise I’ll come and find you straight afterwards. Besides, you’ll like the danger room. You can kick ass in any simulation you can think up.”

“Simulations? They don’t stand a chance.”

“Sure Sugah.”

Wolverine proceeded to attack his Rogue, showing her exactly how good he was.




Logan safely tucked away in the danger room, breaking about every record Scott took the time and effort to achieve, Marie made her way to the large gardens outside. She’d been back at the mansion almost two days and, while she was rather happy that she hadn’t met anyone yet except for the occasional ‘Hello’s and ‘How are you’s, she still missed talking to some people. Ororo for one. When she’d been angry at Jubilee and Kitty they’d grown rather close.

But the garden was empty. But the beauty was alluring – it’d always been – and she continued into the garden anyway. She could spend some time in the garden. Besides, the birds were cheerfully calling her into the one place she’d managed to find peace before.

Unfortunately her mind had been on everything except the here and now, and the wind was against her. Had it been different circumstances she might have realized she was being followed. She only realised she wasn’t alone until she found herself frozen to one spot, freezing in the sunlight. The voice that whispered into her ear was one she would never forget…

“Think you can replace me, Rogue-babe? Think again. I’m going to show you exactly to whom you belong.”

The last thing she could remember was her a sudden sharp pain in her hands before everything going black.




“Rogue! Damn it woman, wake up!”

Her eyelids felt heavy as she opened them, hands shaking her shoulders.

“ ‘Ro? Where’s Robert? What the hell just fucking happened!” She finally managed to open her eyes, finding a very worried Ororo Monroe standing over her as she raised herself up. Her head was splitting in two and her hands still felt like someone had just poured a vat of molten lava onto the extremities.

“I have no idea, but you need to see Hank. I came out to find you lying here, unconscious in a large pool of water and some blood. I think there might be a slight problem… what happened?”

“I was walking until Popsicle decided to attack me from behind. Bastard. Next time I run into that pathetic excuse for a human being I’m going to rip his head off and stuff it in his ass!”

“Rogue…”

“Stop beating around the bush and just tell me what the hell is bothering you ‘Ro.” There was something in the way Storm was behaving that didn’t suit her. Marie was sure something was being hidden from her but she just couldn’t put her finger on it.

“Baby, look at your hands.”

“Oh holy fuck…” The darkness came again and Storm was just in time to catch her head before it hit the ground. Rogue had fainted at the sight of her blood soaked hands.
End Notes:
Cliffy! SORRY! ;) Next one coming soon!
It's Mutation by minxgal
Author's Notes:
I apologize for not having updated in so long. Frankly, I completely forgot - it's been so long! I didn't even think people read this anymore. And yet, when I found the story again, I was shocked to see that I still received reviews. I am beyond flattered. So, without further do, the next chapter - for those of you who continued to support me so loyally!
The first thing Marie noticed as she opened her eyes were the bright lights above her, and instinctively she snapped them shut again, groaning loudly. She did, however, hear the sudden flurry of movement around her at the sound.

“Marie, can you hear me?”

The sound of Hank’s voice only confirmed what she suspected – she was in the Med Bay. She groaned again.

“Try to keep your voice down, please Hank. I don’t think my head can take it.” She struggled to get the words out, her throat dry and sore. Slowly she attempted to open her eyes again, the worried face of a blue doctor coming into view. Marie tried to move her arms, but found them too heavy to lift, and she could barely stop the groan of pain that tried to escape her. Having noticed her attempts to move Hank spoke again, before she could say anything.

“Don’t try to move yet Marie. Your body has been under a lot of strain. It’s been a close call, and we’ve all been very worried.” He tried to keep his tone professional, but Marie could still hear both the worry and relief in his voice.

“How long was I out?” she croaked out, opening her eyes wider when Hank moved the light to shine away from her. Surely it could not have been that long…

“Two weeks.” He answered honestly. “Please, stay calm Marie…” he added quickly as her eyes shot completely open in surprise. She winced at the pain as her body twitched in surprise. Worry flowed through her.

“The baby…” she began, panic filling her voice, but Hank reached out and rested a hand on her shoulder, both squeezing it, but Marie suspected it was also to keep her from jumping up and overtaxing herself.

“The baby is fine. I made sure of it my dear.” he said calmly. He turned around, momentarily disappearing out of her sight before returning, a small white cup in his hands. “Here, drink some water.”

With his assistance, Marie lifted her head a little, taking small slips and enjoying the cool liquid running down her throat.

“Surprisingly,” Hank continued, “The baby didn’t seem to affected by what transpired.” He hesitated a moment, wondering if he should tell Marie that the baby probably saved her life, but decided against it. He would explain it to her later.

“Where’s Logan?” she asked once she’d finished the water. Hank couldn’t help but chuckle.

“I was wondering when you would ask.” He checked the watch on the far wall. “Considering the time, he’s probably sleeping. It took a lot to get him dragged out of here the first few days, but he’s under orders to get a good night’s rest every night, or I forbade him to see you during the day.”

Marie couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle as well. “Sounds like my Wolverine…” she closed her eyes and relaxed for a few seconds. But as she took a deep breath she frowned a little, and opened her eyes.

“What happened to me Hank?” she asked, turning her head to look at his back as he worked on something at the counter next to her bed. Hank sighed before turning around.

“It’s difficult to say. I’ve been working on this for almost non stop the past two weeks, and although the results stay the same I still struggle to believe it. I’ve been studying your DNA, your cells, your blood… if I were to compare them to your samples from a few months ago there would be very little similarity.” He sat down, looking over at Marie.

“I’m not sure I follow.” She said, frowning. “Or that you’ve actually answered my question.” Her eyes became a little harder. “I know something happened Hank. I can smell almost everything, you’re nearly whispering and yet it sounds like your talking loudly right next to my bloody ear… and I can pick out every grey hair amongst the blue fur, if I concentrate hard enough. My body feels like I’ve been running marathons for days on end…just give me a straight forward answer.”

“I wish there was a straight forward answer.” He said with a sigh. “But I figured your senses would be enhanced. Amongst other things, of course.” Hank watched her for a little longer before speaking again. “Have you touched anyone other than Logan after your return?” he asked, slowly, carefully.

Marie seemed to think for a second before shaking her head. Hank nodded. “I thought not. But we’ll get to that later.” He still seemed hesitant to continue. This did not sit well with Marie.

With a growl she focused her eyes on him, clearly conveying that his hesitance was not sitting well with her. Suddenly she hissed as pain shot through her hands. With some effort she managed to bring a hand into her view, her eyes growing wide. Hank was next to her within seconds, grabbing her wrist but unable to hold on as she yanked it from his grip with ease.

With both fear and wonder in her eyes Marie studied the three bone claws that protruded from her hands. Gently, deliberately, she tried to retract them, and like something that had always been a part of her, they obeyed. Slowly they disappeared back into her hands, and the wounds healed over, leaving now evidence of what happened. Her eyes found Hanks.

“What is happening to me?” she could barely whisper, her mind working a hundred miles an hour as she tried to make sense of what she’d just seen.

“I can’t say for certain, my dear, but what I can tell you is that Logan’s mutation – every aspect of it – her permanently fused with yours. I had to test him as well, for samples to compare your genetic structure too, and as it turned out, not only did certain of his cells match yours, but his own seems to have changed as well. To put it plainly – it seems that his healing mutation has grown immeasurable stronger. Being in constant contact with something as deadly as your skin had pushed his body to grow stronger, to heal faster… and as you continued to absorb him through ‘controlled’ touches, your body continued to get doses of his mutation, constantly stronger, more powerful, and thus enhancing you as well. He scratched his head, wondering if he should divulge more, and ultimately decided she deserved to know everything. “Now both you and Logan have a healing mutation that seems more like an instant cure than a healing process – no matter what the damage. Logan even went so far as to attempt regeneration on a small scale – successfully. And, of course, as you changed, so did your baby.

Marie’s hands immediately flew to her belly, eyes widening in worry. Hank placed a hand over hers. “It’s nothing for you to be worried about.” He smiled. “This baby, no matter what his mutation turns out to be, will always be able to heal. I can’t say to what extent, only that it will be powerful – it is only through both it’s healing and your own that you survived. That was why I needed to monitor the baby – to make sure it hadn’t taken to much out of it. But you are both fine.” He patted her hand before moving back and sitting down.

“The reason you are as stiff as you are is because, for the past few weeks, your body has changed and adapted. It took a lot out of you, but your musculature and bone structure have both changed. Become denser, stronger. You should be able to move soon enough though.”

As if his words triggered something within her, Marie attempted to move her arms and legs again, and was undeniably surprised when she found herself able to move with ease, despite everything that Hank had just said. Carefully, testing her weight on her legs, Marie lowered her legs to the floor and waved Hank away as he stepped closer to help.

“I’m fine Hank.” She stretched herself a little, testing her muscles, before lifting herself back up and sitting down on the medical table. Taking a deep breath she looked at Hank and chuckled. He looked ready to jump up and run to her aide. “You know I was strong before, Hank. I’m fine now.” Hank nodded, but it still didn’t look like he truly believed her.

Something hit her.

“What happened to the Ice Pick?” her voice was low, tinged with anger. “The little prick snuck up to me, tried to take me by surprise, but I can’t remember what the hell happened.”

Hank suddenly seemed nervous. “Well… we haven’t seen Robert since the day you passed out. He’s simply vanished. Charles has tried to locate him, but has had no luck as yet. I must admit I’m a little worried about him Marie. You had his blood on your hands, mingled with yours, when they brought you in.” he looked up at her. “Only Logan know this. It has been incredibly hard keeping this from Charles.”

Marie just couldn’t bring herself to worry about the man who had once broken her heart. “Better Chuck doesn’t find him.” She growled. “If I get my hands on that little prick I’m going to wring…”

She stopped suddenly, sniffing the air and smiling. “We’re about to have company.” She looked at Hank. “What does Logan know?”

“Everything.” Hank answered with certainty.

She smiled. “Good. Now make yourself scarce.”

Hank barely had enough time to head out one of the side entrances and close the door behind him when he heard the medical bay door slam open, a feral growl clearly audible over the sugary voice of, “Hey Sugah. Did you miss me?” He fled, only hoping they had the good sense to lock the door behind them.
To be Revealed by minxgal
Author's Notes:
Another chapter!! I do hope it lives up to your expectations. My writing style has changed over the years, and I don't know how yall feel about it. Please leave me your comments!
Logan woke up suddenly, claws unsheathe and skin coated in a thin, cold layer of sweat. His eyes darted around the room as he breathed heavily, searching for Marie.

*Calm down. She’s in MedBay.* he thought to himself, forcing himself to take slower, deeper breaths. With difficulty he retracted his claws and fell back onto the pillows of the bed he shared with the woman he loved. He didn’t know how much longer he could keep his promise to Blue. He knew the doc was right, he needed to sleep, but without Marie next to him he wasn’t getting much sleep in edgeways.

Turning slightly and looking out from under the arm he slung over his face, Logan groaned as he saw the clock. He couldn’t go down to see her for another three hours. Three fucking hours. The beast within the man seemed to howl at this thought, and then began its rampage within him, demanding he went downstairs and claimed his mate back immediately.

“I have to stay calm.” He said aloud to himself, though it didn’t seem to do much good.

*She is OURS. She needs us to be with her. Screw the male, and find your mate!* It was difficult for Logan not to simply give in and follow his instincts. The past days were horrible without her. He’d attempted to pass time in the Danger Room, when he was not in the medbay, spending time with Marie, or helping Blue with his tests.

As the thought crossed his mind, Logan unsheathed his claws again. Experimentally he cut a deep gash into his skin, hissing as he did so, and knowing what the result would be. Almost instantaneously the wound healed, leaving now sign of the damage he had done. It hadn’t even been open long enough to spill the amount of blood a papercut would produce. Logan sighed again.

This was pointless. He couldn’t wait any longer. He needed to see Marie, and he needed to do it now. She might not be awake, she might not know he’s there, but he still needed to be around her. To protect her. And, if he was truly honest, to bring him peace. It was selfish, but he couldn’t bring himself to care.

Decision made, Logan slipped out of the bed, and opting for a shower before going down. The doc wouldn’t approve of him coming down early, but if he didn’t shower he knew he was being sent back upstairs. He couldn’t help but feel like a child around the furry mutant sometimes. Though, truth be told, he was also quite sure that he was much older than the doc.

Smiling a little he stepped under the warm spray of water, standing motionlessly as the water pelted his skin. Steam filled the bathroom, but Logan remained still, his mind blank as he tried to find a few moments of peace. Finally, when the water turned cold, he turned the shower off and stepped out, toweling off quickly.

It was but a few minutes later as Logan started his descent to the lower levels, where the medical bay was. Halfway down the hallway he stopped. Slowly, determinedly, he cocked his head to the side. There were definitely voices coming from the room at the end of the hall. Male and… female.

*Marie. She’s awake!*

As the animal within him roared, knowing it’s mate was awake, just beyond the door, Logan couldn’t find the strength to fight it. He stormed down the hall, nearly ripping the door off its hinges as he slammed it open. Dimly he realized that the doc had left, but his eyes were only on his Marie.

“Hey Sugah.” She said, smiling at him. “Did you miss me?”

There was no fear in her eyes as she surveyed the almost feral being in front of her. If anything, seeing Logan at such a base, wild level only served to excite her. After all, she’d not only fallen in love with the man, but with the beast as well.

Marie watched him, not moving at all, as he moved closer to her, slamming the door behind him. He looked like a predator stalking his prey. A force to be reckoned with. Sending Hank away had definitely been a good move – she doubted that the blue mutant had much of a chance against Logan whilst he was in this state. She, however, knew exactly which buttons to push.

With a sly smile she turned her head away and he stopped at the movement – until he realized she was baring her neck to him. With a loud snarl he closed the last distance between them, grabbing her by her hair and pulling back sharply. Marie hissed in pain, but did nothing to stop him. She could feel his breath on her neck as he smelled her, taking in her scent. Slowly she moved her hands to his shoulder and head, one hand holding on to him while the other brushed through his hair.

“It’s me, sugah. I didn’t leave you. Will never.” Seemingly satisfied he drew back just enough so that she could turn her head and look back at him. She allowed her eyes to run over him, and she felt something tug at her heart. Healing factor or not, she could see that he’d not been sleeping. Probably not been eating either. Well, she would be putting a stop to that right away. Marie knew what he needed. Wolverine needed his mate.

For once, Marie didn’t mind being clothed in nothing but a medical gown.

With a quick movement, Marie closed her legs behind Logan’s back and pulled him to her, lining his crotch up perfectly with hers. He hissed, his eyes almost growing darker as he watched her. “I need you, Wolverine.” She whispered in his ear, nipping the lobe. He growled and she chuckled. “I love you Logan. You can never hurt me. And Wolverine won’t. I trust all off you, you know that.”

Something snapped and what remained of the medical gown fell on the ground somewhere on the other side of the room. There had been no preparation, no warning. One second she was calming him, and the next he was thrust into her to the hilt. She couldn’t contain the scream, and wolverine roared at the sensation. He’d missed this. Too long, it had been way too long.

Marie allowed her head to fall onto Logan’s shoulder as she panted loudly. “Damn, sugah, give a girl a little warning next time.” As she said this she tilted her hips forward a little, pleased at the sharp intake of breath it elicited from her man.

“Marie…” he groaned out, but nothing more was said as he thrust forward into her again, both moaning as he did so.

“God, baby…” she whispered as he continued thrusting, every stroke torturously slow and yet indescribably hard at the same time. Despite him having uttered her name, she still knew who was in control at the moment, and she relished in the wildside of the man she loved. Now she just needed him to let go completely. She didn’t break before, she wouldn’t now.

Wolverine continued to thrust into her, pulling her to him, and his lips crashed down upon hers. He drank in every moan, enjoying every sound he elicited from his mate. Without being able to stop it, even if he wanted too, metal claws sprung from his hands, slicing into her back in the process.

Marie whimpered, arching her back as the sensation of pain flooded through her. He was almost where she needed him. Good. She tilted her head down to look at him as she leaned into his cold metal claws, aware of the fact that they cut into her back every time her lover thrust into her.

“Look at what I can do…” she panted out, before bringing her one hand between them, popping her own claws. There was no satisfying snikt, but for a few moments wolverine ceased his movements entirely. He seemed mesmerized by her claws, and despite REALLY wanting him to move, Marie allowed him his little inspection. He looked up, his eyes catching hers. Taking his sweet bloody time, he lifted her hand to his mouth, and slowly licked from the bottom of her palm to the tip of a claw. She shivered at the sensation. “Damn, Logan, Wolverine, I don’ care. Just take me right fucking now!” she finally ground out, her eyes flashing. Wolverine, damn him, grinned.

With ease he flipped her over, pushing into her roughly from behind. Marie barely had enough time to grab onto the metal bed and support herself, ensuring she didn’t fall flat on her effin’ face. But this was what she need, they both needed. As he began to pummel into her, she could only moan her approval. But when his claws began to rake over her back, moans of pleasure turned into screams.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“Professor?”

Scott looked at the raised hand. “Yes Hanna?” he asked, not too pleased at being interrupted.

“Um..” she hesitated before continuing, “I can hear something.” A few sniggers shifted through the class, though quickly silenced by a glare from Scott. Hanna was not a feral mutant, but she could hear things that no normal person would or should. The girl was blind, and used sound much like a bat would.

“What is it Hanna?” Scott asked, closing the book he held in his hand.

She bit her lip. “I think it’s someone screaming.” She blushed suddenly. “Definitely someone screaming… Um… never mind professor, I must have been mistaken. Excuse me please sir.” She said suddenly, jumping up and fleeing the class. Scott didn’t waste any time in running after her, and with Scott out of the class, the students began to laugh.

Before Scott could catch up with her, she disappeared into the girl’s bathroom, leaving one baffled professor standing in the hallway.

----------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m telling you, Professor, she heard something. She wouldn’t tell me what it was exactly, other than she heard screaming.”

Xavier watched Scott thoughtfully before nodding. “Get back to your class. I will talk to her.”

Scott nodded before leaving the office. Xavier sat back in his chair, reaching out to the mind of the young girl, and wasn’t surprised to find that she was still in the bathroom. Apparently she’d been greatly embarrassed by what she’d heard.

’Hanna? May I speak with you.’

Her answer was hesitant. ’Yes professor?’

‘Can you tell me what you heard?’
he began, hoping to get the girl to open up to him quickly. If someone was in trouble in or around the mansion he needed to know. He couldn’t feel any of the mutants close by broadcasting any signals of distress, but he needed to be sure.

‘I don’t think so sir.’ she was still embarrassed, but also determined.

’Can you show me Hanna?’ he tried again.

’I think so… but please don’t be mad.’ Xavier didn’t understand her request. How could he be mad at her? But with a mental promise, her mind was opened to him, and he withdrew quickly, shock on his face. Only now he understood her request. She didn’t want him to be mad – at them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Neither knew how long they’d been in the medbay since Logan arrived, and neither seemed to care as they lay on the floor, Marie settled comfortable on Logan’s chest.

“I’m still amazed at how much you can take… you’re sure he didn’t hurt you?” Logan asked again. He regretted losing complete control to the animal within, but Marie seemed VERY pleased.

She chuckled, watching as he played with her claws much like he used to play with her hair. “I’m fine babe. Not a scratch, not a mark, nothing but a very wonderful pain in my nether regions that seems to be fading way to fast.” Her eyes glinted evilly and Logan smirked.

“I can fix that soon enough.”

She smiled and snuggled into him. “I love you. I really do. Every part of you.” Marie chuckled. “Though neither of the doctors are going to like you very much after discovering the damage you did to most of the tables in here.” Logan only mumbled, earning himself another chuckle.

However, their moment of peace was cut short.

Wolverine, Rogue?’ both looked at the door before realizing that the professor was speaking to them mentally. They shared a slightly agitated look before both answered him back.

’Listen Charles, I’m – we’re a little busy. Mind calling back later?’

’Your timing sucks, Chuck. And get out of my head.’

He seemed to ignore them both. ’ I would like to see you both in my office please. You have one hour.’ his voice left little room for argument, and Logan and Marie looked at each other.

“How long do you think we can stretch an hour, hmm?”

Marie laughed as Logan stood them both up, tossed his shirt over her head, picked her up, and began to carry her to their room.


----------------------------------------------------------------

“What’s he worth to you?”

“He belongs to my family. We created him. Name your price and you’ll have it.”

“Will he suffer?”

“For a fellow mutant, you don’t seem to care much about his wellbeing.”

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Immensely.”

The room chilled as the young man grinned.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1925