Unexpected Joy by Tanya Miller
Summary: Rogue reflects on Sarah and Logan.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: General
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: The Gemini Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 952 Read: 2057 Published: 10/14/2000 Updated: 10/14/2000

1. Unexpected Joy by Tanya Miller

Unexpected Joy by Tanya Miller
Rogue sat on the park bench, watching as Bobby and Sarah walked, hand in hand, toward her. A spark of jealousy over the fact that her twin could touch people reared up, but she quickly swallowed it down. It wasn't like Sarah did it on purpose. It was just that her mutation was under her control. Sarah admitted to her one night that she hadn't touched anyone in all the time she was alone. She had thought that she couldn't touch, thanks to their father. Rogue knew for the first time, a hatred so pure, that she actually had been having dreams of going to him and touching him. That way he could never hurt Sarah ever again. She didn't care about the fact that he had hurt her too. It was the fact that he forced Sarah into an isolation that she didn't deserve or need. Seeing that Sarah and Bobby were drawing near, she quickly pasted a smile on her face to hide her violent thoughts.

"Hey Rogue!" Bobby greeted her.

"Hey, Bobby. You treatin' my sis good?" she teased. Bobby's face turned bright red with embarassment.

"MARIE!! Stop teasin' him!" Sarah said, laughing at the look on Bobby's face.

Rogue smiled at the joy she could see in her sister's face whenever she looked at Bobby. 'Wonder if I will ever know that kind of happiness?' she thought.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Logan coming toward them. He looked at Bobby and Sarah, growling slightly when he noticed that they were holding hands. Rogue ducked her head, her hair falling forward to hide her smile. Logan had told her that he didn't think that Bobby was right for Sarah. Rogue thought that it was cute that he took on a big brother attitude with Sarah. She knew that Sarah liked Logan and thought of him as family. She also knew that, no matter what Logan said to the contrary, that he liked having her as a little sister type and enjoyed teasing her.

"What are you smilin' at?" he growled.

"You." Rogue answered simply. She noticed that her bluntness surprised him.

Sarah looked from one to the other. She noticed the obvious tention between the two. "Bobby, I forgot my...sweater...in my room. Come with me to go get it."

"But it isn't cold...Ow!" Bobby said when Sarah kicked his foot. Seeing her look, he turned and looked at both Rogue and Logan. Suddenly smiling, he turned to Sarah "Right! Your sweater. Let's go get that." Quickly walking away, the two left Rogue and Logan alone.

Rogue felt her face heat at the obvious intent of her sister and Bobby. Looking at Logan out of the corner of her eye, she was shocked when she noticed a hint of red in his cheeks too. Ducking her head once more, she started to pick at the treads at the end of her scarf. Feeling the bench shift when Logan sat beside her, she fought the urge to get up and run. 'Wouldn't do any good anyway' she thought. 'He would catch me before I made 5 feet.'

"So, gettin' use to havin' Sarah around?" Logan asked to break the ice.

"Sorta. Sometimes we do weird things that freak the other one out, like dressin' the same without meanin' to. But we're getting use to it." Rogue answered quietly.

Logan reached out his hand, wearing the leather gloves he had taken to wearing all the time, and tilted her head up, forcing her eyes to meet his. "How do you feel about her and Bobby?"

"You mean them datin' or that she can touch him?"

Logan smiled, she could always see right through him. "Which ever you want to talk about?"

"Ah am happy for her. She deserves someone nice like him." Rogue's voice trailed off.

"But?"

"No buts. Guess Ah am a bit jealous that she can touch but I know that it isn't that she is doin' it on purpose. Ah guess....Ah just wish that Ah could hold hands with a guy that Ah like too." Rogue once more lowered her head so that Logan wouldn't notice the tears that were shining in her eyes.

Logan wouldn't let her avoid his gaze. Once again he reached out, forcing her to meet his gaze. "Marie....I wish that I could tell you that you will, but I can't. But I can tell you this. I will always be here to hold your hand," he smiled. "If you want me to?"

Rogue's eyes widened when she realized what he was saying. "As a friend, right?"

Logan reached out his glove covered hand, wiping away the tear that was still shining on her cheek. "As a friend....and more. That is....if you want that." he said, his voice sounding shaky and unsure all of a sudden.

Rogue's face lit up and it was like the sun came out on a cloudy day. Throwing her arms around Logan, she hugged him as hard as she could. "Of course, that is ......if you are sure?" Rogue said, pulling back, suddenly unsure. "Ah don't want you to give up...."

"Come're you." Logan pulled her back into his arms. Pressing a kiss against the hair that was laying across her cheek. "I am not giving up anything. You are the one that I want." Logan pulled back to look into her eyes. "You're the one that I love. I love you, Marie."

Tears once again shining bright, a smile beaming brightly on her face, Rogue's eyes met his. "Ah love you too, Logan."

Sarah and Bobby smiled from where they stood across the yard, hidden in the trees. "About damn time!" they said in unision.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1904