Real Good Man by harimad_corlath
Summary: A few glimpses of Logan and Marie inspired by a Tim McGraw song.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 937 Read: 2360 Published: 10/11/2004 Updated: 10/11/2004

1. Chapter 1 by harimad_corlath

Chapter 1 by harimad_corlath
Author's Notes:
A/N: Thanks to Jenni for being a brilliant beta and to Sarah for telling me that yes this is better than the last monster of a story I wrote. Hopefully you guys agree. I shamelesslly stole the title for this fic from a song by Tim McGraw. If he's sitting around reading W/R fics I'll gladly stop using his title but until then I'm keeping it.
"Rogue it's not that I don't like Logan. I do. I just don't think he's right for you. He's just so gruff and, and crabby. He doesn't even act like he likes you. Besides he's so old and you're only nineteen."

"Look, I understand your point of view and I value your opinion but it's my decision. I chose Logan. He may seem crabby but he's not. He's really sweet with me. We get along great. You've never really talked to him. And what does age have to do with anything? Since when am I 'only nineteen'? I have the memories of three men in my head. I am not young!"

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry. Don't get your panties in a twist. I won't say another word about it."

"Thanks. And Jubes? I'm sorry I growled at you."

----------------

"Logan, I know you like to go out to bars but will you please not come home drunk? You side swiped all of the cars in the garage."

"Wheels, I said I was sorry about that."

"Yes, I know you did. I appreciate that, but I still want you to fix the paint on every car you hit. Also, Rogue has graciously offered to keep you company."

"Grrrrrrrrr....... She better. I am not doing it all by myself. It's her fault I drove home anyway."

"Oh? Should I tell her you said that?"

"NO! Don't tell her that! I'll fix the damn cars!"

"Much better. Thank you, Logan."

----------------

"I know we were running from the police but did you have to pop a wheely every five minutes?"

"Admit it. You thought it was exciting."

"Oh yes. I enjoyed almost falling off the bike every couple of minutes. It was the most exciting thing I've ever done."

"Hey! At least you got to hold onto me. It could have been worse. It could have been Scooter."

"No, it couldn't have been. You know I would never get on a motorcycle with Scott."

"Damn right, it couldn't have been One-Eye. You're my girl. He's never going to get his grubby little hands on you."

"Now now, Logan. Whatever happened to sharing?"

"It died. Now let’s talk about something other than Scooter."

"You got a subject in mind?"

"Yup, I know just the thing."

----------------

"What's the matter darlin'?"

"Nothing."

"Really? Then why're you crying?"

"Because I'm stupid."

"You don't look stupid to me."

"Logan, go away."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

"Fine. I heard Jubes warning a new girl about my skin and Jubes-Jubes was saying that she should stay away from me because my mutation is my skin and I could suck the girl's life out of her and that she should just avoid me."

"Aw, Marie, darlin' don't cry. Yellow shouldn't have said that. That was cruel."

"But it's true. She should just stay away from me. I'm dangerous."

"Stop crying so much and listen to me. It's not true. It's not. She shouldn't stay away from you. So maybe you have poisonous skin. I have claws, Scooter has his eyes. We're all dangerous in our own way. Even Jubes' dangerous. Sure she knows how to control her powers but she's had an accident or two. That's more than you've had. She's not right."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really. Now, stop crying and lets go get some icecream. We can go to Ritter's if you want."

"Thanks, Logan. I'm sorry I got snot all over your shirt."

"That's ok darlin'. I can always put on a clean one."

"I love you, Logan."

"I love you too, Marie. Now go put some shoes on."

"Yes, sir!"

"Smartypants."

"I heard that!"

"I know!"

----------------

"Have fun darlin?"

"Yeah. Wow, I haven't done that in a long time."

"You used to steal things?"

"Crap. Slip of the tongue."

"Sure it was. Hmmmm....... the things I can do with that information."

"You gonna turn me in to the police for stealing candy bars when I was eight?"

"Probably not darlin'. But think what would happen if I happened to mention it to Jubes."

"Anything I can do to change your mind?"

"Hmmmm...... can't think of anything."

"Positive?"

"Well, there's always that."

"Do you think it might work?"

"I don't know darlin'. You can always try."

"I think I should at least try. I don't want the whole school knowing I was a juvenile delinquent after all."

"Of course you don't."

----------------

"Look, Marie. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that you're fat."

"But you did say it."

"I know I did, damnit! I was just trying to comment on the fact that your belly has gotten a lot bigger. I like it. I think it's sexy. I do not think you're fat."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Open the door and I'll show you just how much I like your belly."

"Logan."

"Come on. Just open the door, Marie. I promise I didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry."

"I know. You've always been sorry."

"Hey! That was not nice."

"I know, but I couldn't resist."

"You never could resist me."

"Of course not. How do you think I ended up with this rock on my finger?"

"I put it there."

"I know you did darlin', sugar. And I'm never gonna take it off. Well, until my finger gets too fat for it."

"Then you can put it on the chain with the dogtags."

"Good idea. I'm sorry I got so mad at you. I think I over reacted a little."

"That's ok, darlin'. I love you even when you are mad as a hornet."

"Thanks, Logan. I love you, too."
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=188