Where Love Begins by Shadowlady
Summary: Rogue accepts her choice.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Drabble
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 366 Read: 2451 Published: 08/30/2007 Updated: 08/30/2007

1. Where Love Begins by Shadowlady

Where Love Begins by Shadowlady
Slipping soundlessly into the darkened room, Rogue glanced around uneasily. Logan had invited her up to talk tonight and she was interested in the reasoning. Yes, they’d gotten closer; their friendship was budding into something else, something stronger.

The soft strains of a Gene Watson song filled the room as she moved over to sink into the plush cushions on the couch. Frowning at the crinkling of paper beneath her she lifted the folded slip and stared hard at it for a moment before unfolding it.

Marie, I know that things have been slowly building. We’re so close to becoming lovers and I want to be sure that you know what’s going to happen. If we’re together, if you are with me, there will be no other. So I need you to make a choice. You have to decide what you want. If this isn’t what you want then you need to leave.

Leave if you’d rather not lose what you came with. Walk out that door and don’t look back. Leave if you’d rather not lose what you came with. Stay and you’ll find that here, tonight, is where love begins.

Logan.


Smiling she turned her head at the sound of a door opening and stared at the man in the bathroom doorway.

“I mean it, Marie. This the first time for you and you need to be sure.”

Rising to her feet she walked over to him and held up the letter. “This shows you care more than anyone would ever believe. I make my choice Logan, I’d rather stay and find out where love begins.” She paused and gathered her resolve. “Because, I won’t let you go any more than you’ll let me go. Escape comes with death.”

Logan reached up and hit the light switch, casting the room into shadows before lifting her against his chest. “Glad that you understood, darling.”

“Logan.”

“Yeah?”

“Shut up and make love to me.” Rogue whispered softly as he walked across the room to the bed, the letter fluttering softly to the floor, unnoticed, forgotten. They had made their peace…the future was theirs.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1863