Teaching Scott a Lesson by Shadowlady
Summary: When Rogue gets punished for something she hasn't done she goes to Logan and cries out her woes. Together they hatch a plan that is meant to torment Scott, with unexpected results.

Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 22323 Read: 3474 Published: 11/15/2005 Updated: 11/15/2005

1. Teaching Scott a Lesson by Shadowlady

Teaching Scott a Lesson by Shadowlady
"He shouldn't have done it!" The words echoed through my head as I stared at the bombshell before me. For a guy who sleeps lightly, always on edge its kinda scary to know that she can come into my room without waking me.

Now sitting up in bed, the sheet pooled around my waist I stare in sleepy fascination, she's standing before me dressed in one of my worn shirts, a pair of fuzzy pink slippers and nothing else, her eyes flashing fire as she glared out the window. Every now an then at least.

"Done what?" I ask my gut twisting as I look at her. Who is she referring to, if one of those kids did something to hurt her I'll gut `im like a fish.

"Mister Summers." She's sobbing now. "He revoked my mall privileges and I haven't done anything."

"Why?" I start only to wince when she jumps on the bed, every single pound in her hundred pound body landing on my legs before she starts to crawl. I will never understand teenage girls, although for the most part I understand Marie - better than any of these fuckin' geeks will.

Maybe cause I got a soft spot for her, or feel responsible for her safety. Or maybe because when I look into her eyes I see something there that's only to familiar, I see my own life flashing because we're the same.

Oh I know what y'all gonna say that ain't fuckin' likely - I'm a prick and Marie well she's smart, and funny, and warm and caring in a word everything I'm not - but that don't really matter to me. See what you see and what we are is not always the same thing. Marie can be just as dark and moody as I can, in fact she can be more of a pain in the ass then even I am; on a bad day anyway.

For me though I can see it, the pain she's hiding, the uncertainty, probably why we have very similar habits. We hang together, watch sports, wrestle and on the nights when the pain runs deeper than the soul, we always manage to find peace in each other. For us the mere touch is enough to sooth wounds, ease the pain, the cold terror of our lives even if no one knows it.

But I'm drifting from the point here as my mind shifts to Marie a sobbing, furious bundle of curves that's currently sliding beneath the covers to curl up on my chest in a habit as old as time.

"Cause he caught me in the kitchen at three." Marie sulks, picking up where my mind had left off. "And Jubes, Kitty, St. John, Bobby, the new kid Remy and they were sneaking in from partying." She sulks, drawing hearts on the sheet over top my chest.

"So he grounded all of you?" I ask softly, one arm goind around her shoulders.

"Yes." Snuggling closer Marie sighs, "And its not fiar. I didn't do anything wrong other want a snack!"

Sniffing delicately I have to agree. Marie smells of warm cotton, ice cream, and sleep, not the usual smells of a teen sneaking in from a party. With a sigh I close my eyes, pulling her closer to me and turn out the light, my mind already working on a way to make Scooter sorry.

Dragging my butt out of bed at sunrise is not something I'm wont to do, and with Marie curled up against me I curse punctuality and snuggle back into the blankets, my fingers running through her hair as I listen to the steady pounding of her heart, and the even tone of her breathing. Yep, life is good, and its gonna get better starting today!

Who knew how it started, Hell even I don't as I get up and shower listening to the familiar sounds of Marie starting to wake up. The quiet tones ease the unsettled part of me, ease that ache that keeps me separate from life and makes me think of home and all the mushy stuff.

"Logan." That bourbon smooth accent sent chills up my spine, and only added to the need and love I had for her.

"Yeah kid?" I reply hiding my grin. That single word has come tomean more than just a dig at her age, its like a code between us. Something we use as an endearment cause I'm not the type for honey and sweetheart, so she smiles, basks in it and allows both of us to save face. Its hard to have a relationship like ours around here, everyone's so busy pokin' their noses in to see how they can figure it out and make things work - or at least work for them.

"I still ain't figured out a way to get even." The sound of her brushing her hair fills me head as I turn the shower off.

Smiling as she hands me a towel, I wrap it around my waist, ignoring the image of her in one of my t-shirts, some socks and the green panties I know she's got on. "I have. You'd best get a pair of pants on, I think your black jeans are still in the drawer." I say reaching for my comb. Yes sir, that pansy ass won't know what hit him.

Half an hour later with clothes firmly in place, gloves tucked into my hip pocket and an easy, familiar arm around Marie's shoulders we head for the breakfast table. I know what's coming, Scott's gonna glare, Jean's gonna simmer - she ain't figured out yet that I ain't after her bod- those girls Marie hangs out wiht will giggle and blush and the boys will stare until I glare at them for a moment before finding their breakfasts so much more interesting. And so the morning meal with progress, Marie on my left - close to my heart and an empty chair on my right. Ain't it funny but there's always room between us and everyone else even in a crowded cafeteria.

Dragging Marie through the garage I can feel Jean trying to get inside my head, fuck she must be slippin if I can feel it! Just to stir things up I smile at Marie, and glance at the red head watching us before letting my mind wander giving Jean a shock as I begin to undress Marie in my head. Believe me I'm familiar with all the equipment Marie's got, you can't sleep in the same bed without learning a thing or two, and I know Marie's doing the same thing, the twitch of her fingers in my hand tells me so. Undressing each other, reveling in our fantasies has become a game of sorts, we get off without actually having sex, and we shock the hell out of the telephathic people around here - believe me I've only seen Charlie blush once and that's when he caught Marie and I out by the pool soaking up the sun with Jean and Scott trying to talk to us. It had been an excercise in frustration but hell we went up to my room sat down talked it all out and since then we've been doing it regularly.

"Where do you think you're going?" Scott's furious bellow makes me pause for a split second.

"Homework." I drawl sexily as I stare at Marie for a split second then continue tugging a docile Marie behind me.

"HOMEWORK!" Scott's roar is nearly deafening to my super sensitive hearing but I ignore it and continue toward the shiny Harley parked by the door. "You're skipping class Rogue."

With a quick grin at her I shrug. "Extra credits One-eye. Gotta run we're late."

"Logan!" The angry yell doesn't slow us down as I straddle my bike, Marie climbing on behind me her arms wrapping around my waist tightly. With her pressed against my back I rev the engine and started for town. Yep, Scotty boy was going to be mighty unhappy for a while.

An hour later Marie's staring at me in horrified amazement as I drop a pile of lacy bits on the counter, along with several bottles of massage oil, one tube of natural lubricant and something that was made of plastic that she hadn't really gotten a good look at -and I'm glad for that. No point in rocking the boat just yet and besides it ain't like she's gonna need the phony stuff when she's got me.

"Is that everything." The clerk, a perky red-head with a low cut tank top that reveals more than enough cleavage asks me smiling teasingly, ignoring Marie completely, not something you wanna do to get my attention. Thanking every deity I've ever heard of I smile and shake my head. "Two bottles of the liquid latex - clear if possible, one box of ribbed condoms the flavored ones please.."

"Um Logan." Marie whispers watching as the pile grows. "Just how is this getting even with Scott?"

"Trust me baby. This is gonna have him so tied up in knots he won't be able to jump to conclusions." I whisper in her ear, I can feel the shudder that races through her body and pull her a little closer to me. "I also need three sets of sheer body suits size smal, black and the green, and a couple of matching scarves."

Barely blinking at the total I hand Marie a bag and take her hand, noting the way she's trying not to stare at the graphic movie covers. Pausing I start eying them only to have my ass pinched; hard just the way I like it. Raising an eyebrow I growl in a low warning. The girl knows what she does to me, I don't particularly want a reminder especially when we haven't gotten past the I-love-you-but-I'm-not-telling-you stage just yet. "Okay what next?" Marie asks as I carm everything into the saddlebags and climb on.

"Y'a hungry kid?" I ask smoothly as she climbs on and wraps herself around me.

"Starving." Marie grins, she nows what I've got on my mind as we head north, waiting until we're on the open road before he punches the button and we're gone!

Man I'm glad we live this close to the border, makes getting some real beer and good feed easy. I roll the bike to a stop at the tiny diner Marie and I often go to when I sneak her into Canada and kill the motor. "What's your poison." I ask with a teasing grin.

"Somethin' sinful." She responds with a grin, her tone sexy and filled with teasing desire.

Makes me glad we're a team. "Chocolate cheesecake with whipped cream coming up." Falling into the verbal teasing game I smile at her and offer my hand.

"Mmm with shaved chocolate on top." She moans as we hurry inside like a pair of kids iin a candy store.

As is usual the waitress greats us by name and brings to coffees to the table beofre asking if we want the usual. With a nod we watch her move off before laughing together, God damn I odn't what's worse; the fact that I can giggle with a nineteen year old over cheesecake of all things, or the fact that in the three years since I came back I haven't wanted to leave, haven't wanted anything but what I've got, and found myself loving every minute of it.

With a slight measure of surprise I glance at the clock and note the time. Damn we're gonna be late for dinner. "C'm on kid. We'd best get back, we've got one more stop to make before we can go home?"

"Oh?" Rising gracefully, she falls into step with me as I smile wickedly and drag her a little closer.

"Yeah you ever play twister?" I ask with a grin before we start for home.

Unfortunately its three days before I can start putting THE PLAN into action, we'd no more than gotten home, hid the bags in my room and Xavier called us out on a mission.

The mission was a success, Marie did great, and we got what we were after. The debriefing took nearly as long as the mission, but what do you expect when half the team is falling asleep and the other half is busy mentally undressing each other much to the embarrassment of the telepaths in the room.

Oh well, Marie slept in with me again and at four in the morning of the third day with hushed giggles and snorts of laughter I helped her wrap up Scooter's little present. A parcel that should make our morning if not Scotty boy's. Sitting next to Marie our heads together the way they were most days we struggled not to laugh as Storm entered carrying a familiar looking package. She paused before Scott before handing it over, a quizzical glance at Jean her only comment before she moved off. We took refuge behind our coffee cups, not daring to laugh although I have to say the feel of Marie squirming to avoid laughing is highly erotic.

Watching Scott we slid each other a glance before focusing on the man a few seats down from us as he frowned at the package. I have to admit Scooter confused isn't nearly as entertaining as I'd hoped, but hey I'm not complaining. A chuckles better than nothing I figure.

Hearing the muffled giggle next to me I elbow my pattern gently, or as gently as one can when you weigh as much as I do. "Shh." I hiss.

"I can't." Marie whispers back, almost choking on her laughter. In desperation I reach out my hand clamping down on her thigh, a little higher than I'd intended but it effectively kills her laughter, but not the glint in her eye. Damn that woman knows what I'm thinking.

In silence we both watch as Scott opens the package easily, without really thinking about it and peers inside. The minute he realized what it was he was staring at he slammed the lid back on, his face going bet red. Watching him all but run from the room, we slide innocent looks at Jean who is staring after him in confusion.

"Something wrong with Scooter?" I ask in my usual sullen manner, hoping she doesn't note the mirth in my voice.

"I'm not sure." She replied absently before getting up and leaving. The minute she's gone Marie's giggling hysterically, her face buried in my chest as her whole body shakes with the force of her laughter. Struggling to hide my grin I just hold her and think to myself, this was going to be more fun that kickin' his ass!

Ignoring the strange looks we're getting I pat Marie on the back and reach for my coffee, it's only begun I think and smile at `Ro and the Professor. I still have a lot more crap to dish out before I'm through.

Getting Marie calmed down is a bit hard, but a strategic pinch and a low, rumbling growl that makes her yelp and jump effectively ends her laughter, along with the conversations in the room. "Come on." I growl dragging her to her feet before she can start laughing again as she glances at the empty chair where Scott had been sitting. "No more cheese cake for you." I threaten as I lead her from the room with a resigned shake of my head. One of us has to appear to be sane.

Letting the doors close behind us I smile at her by way of an apology and she smiles back before we head up stairs to see how its going for the poor pansy-assed boy.

"I didn't order it!" Scott's voice is desperate and more than a little whiney. "Honest to god!"

"Scott your name is on the box!" Jean's voice is strained, disgust lacing it. "I know I didn't order it."

"I bet it was Logan. This just screams of something he would do." Scott tried desperately to get her attention away from him, and more importantly her thoughts on who'd ordered the god damned thing in the first place!

"Oh for the love of Pete!" Jean sounded truly pissed. "What makes you think that Logan would buy you a sex toy? Somehow I just can't picture it. This is Logan we're talking about, belligerant, self centered, Gods-gift-to-women-and-don't-you-forget-it Logan! The man's man of Westchester and all points north would NOT buy any man a friggin' DILDO!"

Smothering our laughter we moved away from the door, our sides aching as I pushd Marieinto my room and shut the door.

"Say it a little louder!" Scott's loud whisper drew a low chuckle from me. "I don't think everyone heard you!

I can hear him pacing, restless and on edge. He's smart, he knows he's right and yet he doubts the knowledge, afer all would the mansions `Sexual Poster Boy' really buy him a dildo?

Muffling her giggles behind her hand Marie looks at me, her eyes crackling with mirth. God she's beautiful, and a great partner in crime. "Phase two?" She mouths.

Shaking my head slightly I lean toward her. "We'll wait a bit for the undies kid. Right now its time to call upon the unknown accomplices."

"Who?" Marie asks crawling across the floor of my bedroom with me as I pull the phone out from under my bed.

"The drugstore." I reply with a smirk. "You got the list?"

With a nod she pulls a crumpled piece of paper from her jeans and offers it to me. I take the warm slip of white, relishing the heat, storing the memory away for the night. Dialing the number I watch Marie as she listens to the couple from the room next to mine.

"Westchester Pharmacy." An indifferent voice says.

"I'd like to place an order for delivery." I say with a serious _expression.

"Certainly, just let me get a few pieces of information from you." The woman states quickly, "Uh when did you need the items."

"Tomorrow at the latest." I say easily then rattle off the list of items I want. After making payment arrangements I hang up the phone and lean back against the bed to watch Marie.

"Won't he know?" She asks hesitantly, her teeth sinking into her bottom lip. "I mean you put your name on the account."

"Nope." I smile. "They know me well enough to know when I say put someone's name on it, to use that name and that name only. No worries kid."

Flinching at the crash from the room next to ours I look at her and we share a smile. Yep this is getting to be fun and we haven't even broke out the big guns!

Satisfied for the moment we try to control ourselves and head downstairs. There's plenty more in store for old Ruby-eye in the coming days, at least until he realizes the error of his ways.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For both Logan and Marie the next few days were relatively quiet, although extremely hilarious to watch. Scott spent them trying desperately to get Jean to believe him, it was funny cause he stopped coming down for breakfast, matter of fact he spent several days just hiding in the garage tinkerin' with the cars and shit so he wouldn't have to face his wife

Sitting in the shade one of the huge trees on the property Logan watched as Marie walked toward him, her loose hipped stroll making heads turn. Those heads were quick to look away when they realized that Logan was watching them, healthy doses of fear keeping them rational as they scurried about playing their games and shit.

"Hey how'd it go?" Logan's drawl drew a smile from Marie as he made room for her, shifting so he was leaning back into the tree his arm going out to wrap around her waist as she settled next to him.

"Better than we hoped for." Marie giggled. "The roses arrived a few minutes ago and Scott's desperately trying to figure out who sent them."

"Good. We'll give it a day or two then we'll dig a little deeper into the chest of horrors." Logan drawled as he absently rubbed her hip through her jeans. "He's gonna be shittin' bricks for a month over this."

"Mm and he does deserve it." Marie giggled as she shifted, moving so she was laying in his lap her fingers plucking at the grass they sat on even as his hand moved, resting comfortably on her abdomen, a soft look in his eyes as he glanced down at her.

"Scooter fan at three o'clock." Logan tensed and Marie turned her head to watch the oncoming woman who strode purposely toward them. Not even bothering to move Marie sighed and stared at Jean as she came to a stop by Logan's feet.

"Hey Doc," Logan grinned at her. "What's up?" Eying the red-head Logan sighed softly, man what fool would want her when he had Rogue. Sorta like ice and fire, although Logan wouldn't admit that to anyone just yet; and Logan definitely preferred fire.

"I've come to talk deals," She replies haughtily and yet the smell of fear is evident to both Logan and Rogue. "Rogue if you'd be so kind?"

"Nope," Logan shakes his head. "She stays," His hand curls up Marie's body, resting just above her heart as he stares at Jean. "You said deals?"

"Logan."

"Spit it out," Came the brisk reply.

"Look what's going on with Scott? I mean maybe he's said something or whatever cause he's been buying stuff and it sure as shit ain't for me." Jean sighs, her eyes pained. "I'm at my wits end here, he denies everything, says they're a prank someone's playing on him and I just.."

"So what do you want me to do?" Logan growled uneasily his grip tightening on Marie's slight frame.

"I don't know. Some help maybe, can't you tell him to.." Jean stops anger flaring briefly in her eyes before a heavy sadness falls.

"Look trust him. He's not cheatin' Jeannie." Logan growls, the whole purpose of this little exercise is to punish Scott not Jean.

"How can you be so sure?" Jean whispers uneasily. "Have you.."

"No " Logan and Marie share a conspiratory look before Logan glanced back at Jean. "Maybe he figures you're losing interest. I mean you haven't exactly been gettin' it on the last few weeks "

"You think so? You think it's simply his way of getting my attention?" Jean asks a slight note of desperation in her voice.

"Oh yeah." Marie said shifting so she was half sitting, half laying in Logan's lap her hand wrapped around one muscled thigh. "And the nice thing is you can play the same game "

"Huh?"

"Sure, send yourself flowers from a secret admiror, go out in the evening and don't come home until one or two, splash on some strange cologne or something. You know make it look good Make him realize he's got to do more than just twiddle his thumbs to keep your attention " Marie declared with a grin. "I mean look at Logan for instance."

"Oh?" Jean glanced at Logan who looked pained his arm reaching out to wrap around Marie and pull her back against him.

"Sure. Why he takes me out for CHEESECAKE " Marie said emphatically. "We go places, do things together and we're not married " She looked pointedly at Jean.

"But I don't know how to buy myself stuff to make him jealous at least." Jean replied softly. "I've never had to, Scott's always the one that buys me flowers and fancy clothes and stuff." "Oh brother." Logan groaned and shifted lifting Marie up and slapping her ass affectionately before grinning at Jean. "Well looks like you need some help then." He drawls. "Come on I'll take you and Marie into town since she had to go in anyway."

"I did?" Marie looked after Logan for a moment then shrugged. "I guess I did."

"You don't mind."

"Hell yeah I mind." Logan drawled with a dark look at her. "But I'm not about to sit there and let you start bawlin' just cause you can't buy yourself a bunch of stinky weeds "

Glancing at Marie who simply smiled and shrugged Jean fell into step with the young woman. With any luck things would work out and they could get to the bottom of this little incident with Scott.

Standing glaring out his bedroom window Scott eyed Logan and Marie talking to Jean. They were behind his current misery it was simply a matter of finding out why. Maybe Jean could get it out of them, but would she tell him? She was firmly entrenched with this load of bullshit that he was cheatin' on her with some floozy and refused to believe him when he denied it

Turning from the window he stalked across the room and out into the hallway. Glancing up and down the hall he smirked, empty good. He was going to get to the bottom of this and now Moving smoothly, hiding his guilt he crept over to Logan's room and tried the door.

It was unlocked and he slipped inside to visibly wilt. The room was surprisingly spotless, the bed made, a clean ashtray sat on the bedside table beside the remote, a couple of magazines and a thick paperback novel sat beside them. Closing the door he moved over to the dresser and started pulling out the drawers digging in them slightly and swearing as he realized that most of the clothes that were folded so neatly were of silk and obviously Rogue's

"What the hell is her clothing doing in his room?" He grunted and moved on to the closet. He'd realized they were close, hell any fool could see that but it looked like she had clothes enough for every year she'd been there in his room And she wore most of this stuff so what the hell was in her room?

Not finding anything incriminating in the closet he slammed the door and glanced around, his eye fastening on the bathroom. Moving quickly he hurried inside and stared, it was obvious that Rogue had a hand in decorating this room if the burgundy and gold decor was any sign.

With a frustrated sigh he raked his hand through his hair and left the room quickly, there was nothing there. Pausing he cast one final glance over the room and froze, sticking out from under a pillow was something lacy and he hurried over to it. Pulling it out of the hiding spot he stared at the sheer nightgown that he knew Logan didn't wear. Smiling he tucked it back in then frowned Logan was extremely nocturnal, that meant that Marie must sleep in here some nights, and if that were the case then it could be that he was wrong or right. Changing his mind he grabbed the nightgown and hurried from the room before he got caught.

Oh man was he fried, his wife didn't trust him, his fellow X-Man was allowing a young girl to sleep in his bed without a worry and the endless parade of items wouldn't stop He wished he knew why this was happening, why he was being targeted for this prank because he wanted it stopped now.

Finding a parking spot for the Lexus Logan killed the engine and glanced at Marie who smiled back at him. This was going to be so much fun watching Scooter dig his own grave Following the two women into the mall Logan kept one eye open for the leather shop he'd promised to take Marie to one of these days, she needed some leathers if she was going to be riding with him on the bike.

Listening indistinctly to the chatter of the two women he spotted a likely looking bench and headed for it with a muted growl.

"Logan?" Jean's voice had him glancing up.

"What?"

"Uh what are you doing?"

"I'm sittin' down." Logan growled, wasn't it obvious? He wasn't going into that flower store no matter how much they begged and pleaded, he did all his ordering over the phone thank you very much.

"But.."

"Come on." Marie sighed, taking the older woman's arm. "I'll help out this time." With a telling glance in Logan's direction she sauntered off, dragging the redhead along with her. Half an hour later, with two dozen long stemmed thorn less red roses set to be delivered to the mansion for one Miss Jean Grey she walked back out and settled next to Logan, pulling her legs up under her and leaning on him. "I think this is even better than the underwear idea." She whispered as Jean walked toward them.

"Really?"

"Yeah you should've read what was on the card." Marie replied and tucked her hand into his arm. Despite having spent most of the day doing very little she was starving, and more than a little uncomfortable in a mall with so many people around. Damn why hadn't she thought to grab a scarf or something. She thought raising a hand to her throat only to have Logan smile knowingly at her and tug on her hair a moment before he pressed something silky into her hand.

Glancing down she noted the dark silk of one of her scarves and smiled as she glanced back at him. Always prepared, that was Logan you'd think he was a bloody boy scout the way he was always ready for anything. Glancing at him she hid her smile as she wondered briefly if that meant he always carried condoms around, for those quick, emotionless fucks he was known for or if he had quit doing that now he was staying at the school. She sure hoped it was the latter, even though she knew she was probably dreamin' he'd never see her as anything other than his best buddy.

"What's next?" Jean asked softly eying the pair as they stared at each other, a knot forming in her stomach as she recognized that look. It was the same look she shared with Scott, or it was until he'd lost interest and that hurt. With a stiffening of her shoulders she waited impatiently, she wasn't giving up on her man no matter what

"Well." Rogue shifted, glancing at Jean and flushing slightly. "Food."

"Food?" Jean frowned. "How is that going to help?"

"I missed lunch." Rogue declared rising to her feet and wrapping her scarf around her throat. "That means we're eating before we do anything else."

"Oh." Jean tagged along after them, god this didn't even feel like her. She was self sufficient, independent, hell she was an X-Man why the fuck couldn't she figure out how to make Scott sit up and take notice of the fact that he had a hot woman in his bed?

"So what are y'eating?" Logan asked gruffly as he glanced at Jean, they'd stopped at the food court and the smell of the food was making him hungry.

"Whatever you guys are havin'." Jean replied not really paying attention and Logan glanced at Marie with a cocked eyebrow. After placing the orders the settled at a table and started eating in silence, it was obvious that Jean was lost in her thoughts and Logan leaned a little closer to Marie.

"This is fucked." He whispered.

"You're tellin' me." Marie replied softly. "So what do we do now? She's got the flowers, what else does she need before we can get rid of her?"

"What was that cologne you said you hated?" Logan asked hiding his smile.

"You want me to grab some?"

"Yeah." Logan said pulling his wallet out. "Here and get me some more of my Old Spice while you're at it kid."

"Got it." Marie said rising and with a smile at Jean took off down the hall, she was going to the drug store and that was fine

"You and Rogue seem to be doing well together." Jean said softly, her eyes focused on her plate as though she couldn't quite meet his eyes.

"Yeah we're a team." Logan grunted, his gaze darted up the hallway to where Marie had gone and he sighed. He trusted her, hell he knew she was going to be okay but it was hard to just let her do things without him. He knew he was possessive, but hell she did it right back to him so it wasn't like it was a problem..yet. "Always have been, always will be."

Smiling softly Jean shrugged, "We used to be a team." She glanced at Logan. "You know Scott and I, used to be we were something more than what we are now. Now it's like we're just going through the motions, this thing with him really made me open my eyes and look at it. God I wish things weren't so damn complicated."

"Love is complicated Jean. That's why it hurts so much." Logan replied with a chuckle. "You got to take the pain along with the pleasure. Its what makes us human."

"Wow." Jean stared at him. "You're a philosopher in your soul "

"No." Logan stared hard at her. "Just someone who's been there done that and learned from the experience."

"Here you go." Marie's quick laugh had both of them glancing up at her as she set a bag down in Logan's lap.

Jean caught the quick smile on Logan's face, the easy way he shifted into Marie's touch as she settled back into her chair and wondered if they knew it. Wondered what had gone wrong in her own life "If you two will excuse me for a moment." Rising she hurried toward the bathrooms, her eyes burning as she thought of whatever it was that had gone wrong.

"This wasn't supposed to happen." Marie said softly as she looked at Logan.

"I know." Logan sighed. "So we've got to think of something else to torture old Scotty boy."

"Any ideas?" Marie took a bite of her burger as he smiled quickly.

"Yeah." Logan bumped her shoulder with his and smiled. "You up for a trip for Cheesecake?"

"Ooo." Marie moaned softly and laughed. "Anytime "

"Good. We'll dump Jean at the mansion, grab a few things and head up to Holly's Place. This late in the day we should get there about dinner time means we'll have to stay the night you okay with that?"

"Yep." Marie grinned. "I'll just grab some sweats and a long sleeved shirt before we leave."

"I think they're still in my room." Logan said softly as he reached for his coke. "But for right now what say we head up to Leather and Locks."

"You mean I get my leather's today?" Marie asked her face lit up with a huge smile.

"Of course." Logan grinned at her. "Wouldn't want you to get hurt when we're ridin'."

"Great. You're gonna have to help out. I've never bought anything leather before.."

"Don't worry." Logan grinned and ruffled her hair. "Its easy, we'll just cram your ass into something and worry about it later."

Laughing Marie leaned against him, her face wreathed in smiles as the thought of a road trip behind Logan on the bike filtered through her mind. There were certain perks to being Logan's friend, and a motorcycle ride curled around him was definitely the best one.

"Okay so where are we going now?" Jean asked softly as she rejoined them. As usual perfectly poised, her makeup perfect as she settled into the seat.

"Well we're going to the leather store." Marie said. "But they sell other stuff there to. You might be able to find some nice t-shirts and stuff."

"Okay. I'll just tag along with you." Jean said and smiled at them. "Never know when a woman's opinion might come in handy."

Snorting in disbelief Logan rose and started for the escalator. Within minutes they were standing in the middle of the leather store, Logan talking to the clerk who eyed Rogue for a moment before nodding and disappearing to reappear a few minutes later with an armload of leather clothes.

"Here you are. Change room's this way." She said softly, her voice distinctly unpleasant as though she wished Logan was buying for her. After unlocking the door she ushered Rogue in and glanced at her. "Do you need any help?"

"No." Logan growled and the clerk moved off as Logan edged past her and stared at Rogue. "This is just like any other trip to the mall kid. Just try `em on, what you don't like or don't fit we'll change for somethin' else."

"Great." Logan's retreating back disappeared behind the door and she turned to the pile of clothes. With a sigh she stripped down and started trying them on.


Two hours later she was standing in her bedroom staring at the girl in the mirror, a pair of red leather pants curved over her ass, clinging to her legs and falling to cover the brand new boots Logan had insisted she have. A tiny black bustiere was laced up over top a simple red t-shirt, long leather gloves covered her hands and bare arms and a glance over her shoulder revealed the brand new black leather jacket Logan had tossed it with a firm look.

A knock on the door had her grinning and grabbing the coat before hurrying to answer the door and see Logan standing there dangling a set of keys. "You ready?"

"And waitin'." Rogue replied and fell into step with him as they walked down the hallway. The soft creak of the leather on her body echoed in the hall even as the brush of denim against denim mingled with it. "So what's on the menu tonight?"

"Chocolate? Cherry?" Logan asked sticking a cigar in his mouth and looking gruff as the other kids moved around them.

"Mm that's a hard one." Rogue said softly as they stepped through the front door. "How about both. You can get one and I'll get the other and we can share."

"Yeah Holly's gonna love that." Logan growled as he closed the door behind him and headed for where he'd parked his Harley. "You know the rules kid, no sharin'."

"For us Holly'll make an exception." Rogue laughed as she climbed on behind him, her legs brushing the back's of his, her breasts crushed against his chest even as she wrapped her arms around his waist and held on.

Standing staring at Scott Jean sighed. "What are you doing?" She asked shakily as he sat on the end of the bed and stared at the object in his hand. "Where'd you get that?"

"Logan's room." Scott grunted staring at the lacy bit in his hand.

"Logan's room?" Jean stared at the lacy nightgown. "That isn't something Logan would wear Scott."

"It's Rogue's." Scott glanced up at his wife and sighed. "It was tangled in the linens."

Staring at Scott in horror Jean felt something shift, some unknown knot of pain explode. "You've been buying this stuff for Rogue?" She whispered.

"I HAVEN'T BEEN BUYING ANYTHING " Scott shouted jumping to his feet and staring at Jean. "And you shouldn't be throwing stones baby."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jean demanded.

"I'm not dumb Jean I can smell the cologne on you, and those roses that arrived from some guy are still sitting on your desk. You accuse me of having an affair And I thought it was a prank you know, something to get back at me with but maybe I was wrong. Maybe this stuff that's been showing up is yours." "Oh for the love of GOD " Jean snarled. "I bought flowers for me okay, I was jealous.."

"Yeah right." Scott tossed the nightgown onto the bed and rolled his shoulders. "I'm gonna go sleep in the study."

~You're wrong Scott. I did buy those flowers, and Logan bought the cologne and gave it to me. Said it would make you sit up and take notice that I'm still here. I don't know what I did to make you stop loving me Scott but I'm sorry..~ Jean sighed as she listened to the door slam. How had things gone so wrong lately?


~Tell it to someone who might want to listen Jean.~ Scott replied stomping down the hall. ~Because you don't know what the hell you're talkin' bout.~

Wanting to scream in frustration Jean wondered if maybe Rogue or Logan was up to a late night out and sighed, no they'd said soemthing about having plans and she didn't want to get in the middle of them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting at the table that always seemed to be empty when they walked in the door Logan watched Marie weave through the tables as she walked toward him and grinned.

"She's sure somethin' ain't she?" The familiar honeyed tone drew his attention for a moment.

"No. She's everything." Logan replied softly. "How's it going Holly?"

"Great." The woman said sinking into a bench so Rogue would inevitably set next to Logan. Neither Rogue nor Holly liked to touch, both had problems with their skin and it made them nervous to be that close. "Raine's gone off to college this month."

"Well I guess that's good news." Logan said shifting so Marie could slide over him and settle against the wall, putting him in the line of fire in case there was danger.

"Yeah gets her out of your hair." Holly smiled at the two younger people. Regardless of Logan's age he would never be old, at least not to her. She'd seen a lot in her life and when the couple sitting before her were together nothing stopped them. "So how's the revenge going?"

"Well Scooter's confused as hell but now we've got Jean thinkin' he's having an affair. He ain't, but we can't tell her that cause she'll tell him." Marie said softly.

"Perfect." Holly said quickly. "Let her do your dirty work for a while. Ease off on those presents, the flowers, all that shit and I think you'll see him start moping around after a couple of days."

"Yeah but the point was to get even with One-Eye, not hurt Jean." Logan snapped and shrugged. "Not that I'm saying this is entirely a bad thing but.."

"Oh come on Logan. This is perfect. She'll come crying to you, boom you've got what you want."

"I don't want Jean." Logan glared at Holly, God what was it with some people, did they not see he was perfectly happy hanging with Marie all the time?

"That's a new one." Holly said as Logan rose and walked away, his steps sure as he moved toward the old jukebox.

"Yeah." Marie stared at Logan's retreating back and sighed. "I just wish he'd start wanting me."

Smiling Holly leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms over her chest. "Darlin' I think you've got what you want." She whispered as Logan put on a song Rogue had said she loved and turned to grin at the young woman. "Now all you got to do is use this little kick for vengeance to your advantage."

"How?"

"You'll think of something." Holly said rising to her feet as Logan moved toward them ignoring the regulars who glanced at him as he paused by Marie's side.

"Come on kid." Logan said taking her arm. "You complain you never get to go dancin' so tonight's your lucky night."

"See." Holly said and moved off with a telling grin at Marie who grinned and rose to move into Logan's arms. "Have fun you two and don't destroy my place."

"Who us?" Logan grinned at the woman who merely winked and moved off to serve another customer.

"So what's next?" Marie asked as she moved to the steady beat of a Toby Keith song, one that seemed to fit their relationship.

"Well since Scott's in the doghouse with Jeannie I figure maybe we shouldn't be so mean to him." Logan grinned. "Instead he'll have a heart attack if we suddenly start being sickeningly nice to him."

"How so?" Marie asked her hand curling under his coat, one finger tangling in his belt loops as they moved together.

"I think we should take him for a beer when we get back." Logan said and laughed. "You know hang out with him, listen to him pour out his sad sad story and when he's blubbering in his beer and Jean's about ready to do the same we should set them up in a nice comfortable hotel room and leave `em to their own devices. That way they're still together, their feathers are smoothed down and we can get on with tormenting Scott." Logan explained. "Course that means we're going to have to actually talk to both of them."

Marie felt the shudder that trailed across his skin and smiled. "But just think, we can get together at the end of the day and reveal their embarrassing moments."

"Mm." Logan paused and glanced down at her, smiling through his gruff look. "Alright so lets finish plotting phase three of THE PLAN. You know where Scotty boy likes to hang when he's not at the school?"

"Some bar downtown."

"First thing when we get back tomorrow is to find out," Logan said easing a little closer. " You work on Jean I'll work on One Eye and together we might just save their marriage and still be able to torment the geek."

Laughing as he spun her away Marie moved back into his arms and thought of all the ways they could torment the other couple without actually telling Jean that they'd set Scott up.

Definitely gonna get some fun outta this, Marie thought as she snuggled closer to Logan as another song began to play, an old classic from Elvis and she felt her worries fade as he pulled her close to him, the slow beat soothing them into the slow, simple elegant steps of a waltz and the thoughts of their new plan.

Glaring at the sliver of sun that filtered into the room Logan rolled over, one hand going up to rake over his face. Shifting he stretched out his length, yawning as he glanced at the lock on the nightstand and grimaced, he'd awakened early.

"Logan?" the sleepy murmur had him smiling.

"Yeah kid?"

"What time is it?"

"Nine," he replied sitting up and tossing the covers off. They had to head back, if they didn't Charlie would just send someone lookin' for `em and he didn't feel like explaining why he and Rogue were sharing a motel room across the border from New York state.

"I guess we have to head back huh?" Rogue said rolling out of bed, her focus entirely on the shower, her hair a tangled mess that lay across her shoulders as she stretched and walked through the bathroom door without any hesitation.

Grinning Logan shook his head and grabbed a cigar to smoke while she enjoyed her hower. With a shrug he turned his mind from the girl in the shower and back to the mansion. As soon as they got back they'd have to figure out a way to start workin' on Scott and Jean.

Maybe Logan should just drag Scott to some of his favorite spots.

Smiling at the thought of uptight Scott Summers in some of the dives he frequented Logan nodded slightly to himself. Yes that would work; he would drag Scott out to the Powder Point tonight and start on the killin' with kindness aspect of this little torture. He figured a week tops before Scott was primed to forgive Jean for whatever he was pissed at her about, and with Marie working on Jean hopefully he wouldn't be suffering too long.

"Shower's yours," Marie's voice drew him from his thoughts and he grinned at her before walking past her into the bathroom, he liked Marie in the white towel look. Hmm how the hell to get her into it a little more often - at least around him - and out of all those layers?


It only took a couple of hours at super speed to get back to the mansion and Logan parked the bike before glancing at Marie, "Okay so lets get this plan into motion. Remember don't breath a word of this to anyone!"

"I won't," Marie smiled and slid off the bike to stand beside him, her shoulder brushing against his. "So where you takin' Scooter?"

"Powder Point," Logan grunted. "Figured I'd head out after dinner, you know drag him along for a beer."

"That place isn't the usual haunt of Scott."

"That's why it's so great," Logan grinned evilly. "I may be going to be nice to the prick, don't mean I've got to suffer while I'm doing it!"

Laughing Marie let Logan lead her back inside, his hand wrapped tightly around hers. Walking into the kitchen they both noted Jean was standing staring into the fridge, her face downcast as she stared at the ice cream.

"You trying to cool all of Westchester?" Logan grunted squeezing Marie's hand before moving to the fridge and jerking out a beer.

"No," Jean replied taking out the vanilla. "Just trying to decide chocolate or vanilla."

"How'd it go last night?" Marie asked softly.

"He slept in the study," Jean admitted with a shrug. "Right after we had a fight."

"Well at least he's communicating with you," Marie said softly, "However I think we need to get you some therapy."

"Huh?" Jean glanced sharply at the younger woman. "What are you talking about?"

"Shopping girl," Marie smiled at her brightly, glancing briefly at Logan who smirked, nodded, and exited the kitchen rather quickly.

"I don't feel much like it," Jean admitted.

"Tough," with a firm grip, Marie started out of the kitchen, headed for the garage with Jean firmly in toe.


From where she sat watching the students in the yard Storm could clearly see Scott by the pool, he'd been looking more and more like a man in pain the past few days, ever since he'd gotten that parcel and she felt for him. She really did it wasn't easy to hide your emotions like he had to, but he was doing a good job of it.

Lost in her thoughts she didn't see the stocky frame of Logan as he walked toward the man by the pool, but she jumped when Scott gave a disgruntled yelp. Staring in amazement Storm watched Logan fold his frame into a chair and crack open a beer, a mate to it carelessly tossed into Scott's lap.

Raising an eyebrow she watched as Logan leaned back and stared out over the lawn. Should she go over and try to run interference she wondered? Or should she just wait? Deciding that getting in between Logan and Scott without a very good reason was suicide she stayed where she was and listened.

"How's it going Summers?" Logan grunted as he tipped his beer up to his lips, draining half a bottle of Molsens easily.

"What d'you care?" Scott ground out. "You think this is funny?"

"What?"

"Jean's cheating you know? Oh she said she isn't, but she is," Scott glared at Logan through his visor. "Bet you think it’s funny."

Logan shrugged, God this was going to be painful. "Nope," he grunted with a shrug. "Some reason you figure she is?"

"Yeah like I'm gonna tell you anything," Scott ground out. "Mister `Rogue's sleeping with me and I don't care' himself."

"That's right you were in my room," Logan grinned at him, taking another long sip of his beer. "You gonna drink that?"

Glancing down Scott opened the beer and took a drink. It was against the rules to drink in front of the students but hell they were out in the middle of the field-playing ball and he as by the unoccupied pool. Drinking it he sighed, the bitter taste made him grimace but he didn't speak. Maybe Logan had a good idea; getting drunk didn't seem like such a bad idea.

"Uh you do realize that I have to buy more beer?" Logan asked as Scott drained the bottle.

"You do?" Scott glanced at Logan and rose to his feet. "Well then let’s go get it. I don't want to start and then have to stop just yet."

"Scooter it’s only mid afternoon," Logan pointed out hiding his grin.

"Who the fuck cares?" Scott ground out and started for the house.

Rising Logan shook his head and followed, this was way too easy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The muted snickers that filled Scott and Jean's room were hardly enough to disturb Scott as Logan dumped him on his bed, the other man's drunken snores filling the room and making the older man shake his head.

"I see it went well," Marie's soft whisper had him turning to grin at her.

"Oh yeah," Logan grinned at her and walked to the door, closing it soundly before moving down the hall to his room, "How was shopping?"

"I know I'm suppose to like it but I really didn't have that great of a time," Marie admitted. "She's way too focused on something that isn't really important."

"So what do you think we need to do now?" Logan asked as he closed his bedroom door behind them, watching Marie jump onto his bed and curl up to watch him.

"Well I'm not sure what all we can do. I mean Jean doesn't strike me as the type to get hammered.." Marie paused and grinned.

"What?"

"Movie night," Marie whispered and giggled. "We can torture them both with some sappy romantic flick that would gag a maggot."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Breakfast at Tiffany's?"

"Ooh," Logan groaned. "That's got to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen! But it's perfect. Friday night?"

"Friday night."

"Good cause I don't think Scooter's gonna be happy tomorrow the way he was soaking back the tequila I'll be surprised to see him tomorrow at all!" Logan drawled with a grin.

Laughing Marie grabbed a pillow to muffle her giggles, her entire body shaking with the image in her head. Laughing so hard her stomach ached she watched Logan fighting his own grin. Oh yeah this was gonna be fun with a capital F!


The pounding on the door woke Scott the next morning and he rolled over groaning his hand reaching out for Jean only to come up empty. Assuming she'd gotten up already he opened his eyes and groaned his hands going up to cup his head.

"Hey Scott you ready?" Logan's distinctive baritone had Scott frowning.

"Ready?" he called uneasily.

"Yeah come on Scooter you've got a class in five minutes."

"Oh no!" Scott moaned and kicked the covers off, only to freeze when he realized he was still fully dressed, his visor still on, and the throbbing in his head was making him even more queasy. Making a mad dash for the bathroom he slammed the door and was promptly, violently ill.

"Logan."

"Jean."

`What are you doing at my door?"

"Wakin' Scott up," Logan drawled. "He slept in."

"Was he sick or something?"

"Hung over," Logan grunted and moved off down the hall, he was missing chow time and that wasn't something he relished. God the day was only gonna get better, heck Scott was throwing up, Jean looked like she'd spent an uncomfortable night on the couch, and Marie was hurrying to catch up to him.

"How's Scott's head today?" Marie asked with a straight face, her eyes twinkling with laughter.

"Big," Logan grunted as they entered the dining hall and headed for their usual table. "And its only gonna get worse cause he's on duty tonight!"

"Ooh," Marie grinned. "So what's up for us tonight?"

"You wanna go into town? Maybe catch a movie, we can do some plottin."

"Hey lets take Jean with us," Marie suggested quickly. "We'll get her plowed tonight and watch the fireworks tomorrow."

"You might have an idea." Logan muttered softly then grinned at her.

With a laugh Marie slipped out the door and hurried down the hallway. She was going to enjoy watching Jean get plowed, especially since Logan was going to be there.


The afternoon wore on as Logan kept an eye on Scott who was getting greener by the minute, all the while hiding his smirks as he moved down the hallways that lined the school. Jean looked like she'd spent the night on the couch and had forgotten to do more than just shower that morning, and he felt a little bad for her but it didn't really matter. The plan was in effect and they were going to have some fun with it!

Going looking for Marie; he found her in her room staring at her closet with a perplexed look on her face. "Hey kid."

"Where are we going tonight?" Marie tilted her head and stared harder at the jeans hanging up.

"Somewhere nicer than what I usually go to," Logan replied firmly. "Since we're dragging Red with us that bar on 10th okay?"

"Sure. Sides I'm not going to be drinking more `n a beer or two, that's Jean's department tonight," Marie looked at him and grinned with a lot of dark humor

"Right," Logan cocked one eyebrow. "The black satin shirt with the red jeans and your boots," He suggested on his way out the door, a grin crossing his face as he pictured Jean's swelled head tomorrow.



At seven Logan stalked out into the garage, the keys to the Jeep in one hand and Marie's leather jacket in the other. "Well?"

"Ready and willing," Marie smiled and nodded at the jeep where Jean sat crammed into the back of it, her face bearing a mulish _expression. "Says this is a good thing."

"Great. Means she ain't gonna complain when we come crawling in at four in the morning drunker than shit," Logan drawled with a smirk. "Well lets get going there kid, sooner we get this done the better we're gonna like it!"

The drive to the small nearly unidentifiable bar was filled with endless chatter as Jean went on about how stupid Scott was and Marie agreeing every once in an odd while with a comment about how stupid men were.

"Marie darlin'," Logan started softly. "Man drivin'."

"Present company excluded of course," Marie smiled at him, her eyes twinkling merrily.

With a muted groan, Logan stepped on the gas the car picking up speed until they were in front of the small bar. Ten minutes later sequestered off in a booth near the back Logan eyed Jean. "What's your poison?"

"Whatever you're having," Jean declared easily before sliding a glance at Rogue who was leaning back against the battered old leather of the booth with a soft smile on her face as Logan walked away. Noting where the girl's eyes were fastened Jean felt a blush steel up her cheeks, if that look was aimed at him by someone other than Rogue she'd bet that whoever it was lost their eyesight in a hurry!

"I can't believe Scott stayed out like that last night," Jean admitted eying Logan as he walked back to the table followed by a slim, blonde carrying a tray. "I mean he didn't even get in until early this morning.."

"He's a guy," Marie declared easily. "They aren't that smart at times!"

"Here," Logan deposited the beers he was carrying on the table and settled in next to Rogue, one arm sliding across the back of the leather booth to wrap around her shoulders. "Bottoms up ladies."

"Oh great!" Jean sighed as the bar maid set the tray loaded with shooters on the table and hurried off. According to the bar tender the table was supposed to have a never ending flow of drinks, at least until the money ran out.

"Shots?" Marie asked softly.

"Yeah. Might as well make it worth the trip," Logan replied easily with a cocky grin.

With a shrug Jean picked up one of the shot glasses and tossed it back wincing at the sting of the scotch against her throat. "Oookay," The word was croaked and Marie smiled before she picked up her beer. "Bring it on."


"You know wass really sad?" Jean asked staring at Logan and Marie with a slight frown.

"What?" Marie asked nursing her second beer of the evening even as her gaze slid over to the clock on the wall. Midnight and Jean was still conscious which didn't really mean much since she'd been having this particular conversation for the past hour.

"Do you have any idea how many times Schooter boy has gone to sleep radder than have sex?" Jean pointed at them reaching for a shot quickly. "Too many! I'm young, reasonably attractive," with a wince at the tequila going down she sucked on a lime before continuing. "I mean I ain't ugly!"

"Of course not." Marie soothed easily, her head against Logan's shoulder as he sat there trying not to laugh at Jean.

"So why the.. whoa there Logan… you really need to stop moving," Jean stated eying the dark haired guy. "Therioshly, I'm not asking for much from that plick, pwick.. SOB. One little itty bitty organism once in the odd while right."

"Right," Logan offered through a snicker.

"Wite. It not that hard.." suddenly she sputtered on a giggle and reached for another drink. "Get it? Its not that hard!!!" Gasping through her laughter she missed the glance Logan and Marie shared. "Come on don't make me feel like I's dwinking alone."

"Oh we're not trying to." Marie replied seriously as she reached for a shot and tossed it back followed by Logan who raised an eyebrow at her. This was only the second shot in how many hours?

"You know maybe he needs some help," Logan supplied reaching for his beer after he set his shot glass back on the table. "I mean he is young but he's got a lot of responsibility, a lot of worry goin' on. Maybe he's having a problem getting a rise out of it."

"Fuck his impotence," Jean snapped waving a beer in Logan's face. "Do you know what he was doing the other day?"

"No."

"Digging through your room!" Jean smirked. "I know cause he brought a little souv..soovun..twophy back to our room! What kinda jerk takes other men's lover's under things? Especially when he could be having sex with his own girl?"

"Oh you're right he's a pervert," Marie snickered into her hand. "Why you should take a holiday without him."

"You are right!" Jean waved a hand in front of her face and glanced around. "Where's the john around here?"

"Come on." Marie said nudging Logan who was shaking with laughter. "Gotta go myself."

Watching Marie drag a drunken Jean off toward the bathrooms Logan tried to stifle his chuckle one hand loosely wrapped around the neck of his bottle of beer.

"Can I get you anything else?" The bar maid asked coming round with a tray loaded with change, empty glasses and bottles and a sexy smile.

"Yeah. You want to bring us a round of sex on the beach and some more beer," Logan drawled tossing her some cash before turning his attention back to the bathroom doors. This was getting to be more fun than listening to Scott go on and on about how Jean was a natural red-head - damn the man could only see one color how the hell would he know that?

Rising he let Marie slide back in, even as Jean collapsed into the booth across from them as the waitress brought the next round of drinks and took the empties away.

"Help," Marie groaned softly in Logan's ears. "I really don't want to know about Scott's uh.."

"Okay you two, make out at home," Jean pouted. "I mean.. oops.."

"You want another beer?" Logan asks with a smile.

"Nope. Need somethin' a little stronger," Jean hiccuped and giggled at the way the other two look at her. "How come you two like each other so much? I mean ya don't fight, you stick together.." she paused for a moment, "I don't think its cause you two are going at it like bunnies either."

"Who said we were going at it like bunnies?" Logan growled and glanced at Marie who flushed and stared at her beer. God couldn't a man hide being in love without someone attaching sex to it?

"Oh you know," Jean waved a hand around crazily, "Her clothes are in your bedroom, she smells of you half the time and when she doesn't smell like you, you smell like her. She managed to drag you to see that new romantic comedy the other day.."

"Friends do stuff like that," Logan muttered glancing at Rogue with a soft smile; God Jean was closer to the truth than he wanted to think.

"Not to mention you two stare at each other with this look," Staring at Logan, Jean crossed her eyes, tilted her head and stuck out her tongue to look like a crazed person for a moment before she spoilt it by giggling uncontrollably. "Besides, I'm a psychic. I can pick up on it from a mile away, the two of you are in love, and if you do it as often in real life as you do it in your minds, its a wonder we see you at all."

"Oh brother," Marie moaned and shook her head, one gloved hand going up to cover her face. "And we have hours to go." She whispered looking again at the clock with a pained _expression even as Logan elbowed her in the ribs with a soft look meant to get her to shut up.

"God I wish Scooter would just get off his ass and tell me what the problem ith," Jean slurred the words slightly and frowned. "You know I have to say this getting drunk wasn't a bad idea but I think I'm just about done. I'm exhaus.."

"Come on," Logan stood up and offered a hand, despite having drunk nearly as much as Jean he was only feeling a mild buzz, and Marie had had less than either of them so it was a toss up who was driving other than Jean.

"Y'know Logan," Jean stared at him as she stumbled against his frame. "Rogue is very lucky."

"Yeah?"

"Mmhmm." Jean sighed softly as Marie grabbed hold of her on the other side and they started for the door. "She's got you, and y'aren't scared to touch her. Everyone else is though, its nice that she's got a friend like you."

"Naw Jeannie I'm the lucky one," Logan grunted as Marie caught the door and held it while he ushered the older woman out the door and toward the car. "I've got Rogue."

"Come on Jean," Marie held open the door and pushed the seat forward, "You can sleep this off and come mornin' you'll be cussing us out."

"Ooh no," Jean groaned as she climbed into the jeep. "I don't cuss my friends."

With a shared look Logan and Marie climbed in after Jean was settled and buckled up. This was going to be a helluva show come morning.

"You know Rogue, Logan's pretty hot," Jean's drunken muttering from the back seat had the pair up front glancing at each other. "Too bad he's so stuck on you, I wouldn't have minded flirtin' with that kinda risk."

"No Jean," Rogue sighed softly her head back against the seat. "I don't think so."

"Yeah Jean, I may be a prick but even I got my limits," Logan grunted as he pulled out into traffic. "And my limit says one girl, one girl only."

"Ha." Jean's snort of disbelief had Logan glancing over his shoulder. "If it had been anyone but Rogue you were involved with you'd have dropped her like a hot potato to get into my pants. I'm not tupid."

"Of course not Jean," Marie glanced at Logan who smirked and cocked one eyebrow. "You're not stupid."

"Be nice if he loved me like that."

"Logan's taken sweetie."

"Not Logan. I know he's wrapped around your finger Rogue, no Scott. Be nice if he'd you know rush in, sweep me off my feet and we could spend a whole weekend just locked in our room making wuv."

"Oh boy," Marie sighed as Jean launched into a tale of what she wanted Scott to do to her. "Uh you know.."

"Seriously Rogue do you know what it would be like to have that? I mean granted Logan isn't about to jump your bones at least until next week cause you're only twenty but shit, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when that happens cause maybe he could teach Scott a thing or two."

Logan groaned and glanced at Marie who flushed and shrugged before facing forward her slim body shaking with her laughter. She was going to have a lot of fun reminding Jean of this conversation when the time came, and she knew Logan was going to enjoy holding it over Jean's head as well.


Pulling into the garage at the mansion, Logan cut the engine and got out to walk around to where Marie was sliding out of the passenger side with a patient look at him. "I think she passed out," She whispered.

"Oh I know she did," Logan replied with a grin. "Remind me again why we're not recording this?"

"Oh we are," Marie said holding up a slim silver box with buttons on it. "Figured it would come in handy when we have them locked in a room together."

"Have I told you lately how much I like the way your mind works?" Logan asked as he lifted Jean out of the vehicle and headed for the door.

"No. But that's okay you can fill me in on it in the morning," Marie said as she stopped at the fridge. "Right after we wake Jean up!"

Laughing Logan carried the unconscious telepath into the study, depositing her on the couch before turning out the light and heading up the stairs followed quickly by Marie who was munching on an apple. After bidding her good night at her door he headed back to his room, the morning was going to be more fun than he'd had in a few days!



Still queasy Scott banged on Logan's door and glanced at his watch, it was now well past nine in the morning and he knew Logan was just getting up. He'd heard the shower come on and go off not more than five minutes ago and it was irritating that the man wasn't answering the door.

"What?" Logan grumbled jerking the door open and staring at Scott, "Oh Scott what's up?"

"You seen Jean?" Scott demanded nervously, "She didn't come home last night.."

"She's on the couch in the study," Logan stated with a grin at Marie who walked past with a smirk. "Or at least that's where she was camped out last night when I came up."

"Thanks."

Watching Scott hurry off Logan stepped out into the hallway and caught up with Marie. "Shall we go watch the show?"

"Yeah," Marie sighed. "Cause this is going to be good!"

Plunking themselves down on the bottom of the stairs Logan and Marie listened intently as the study doors slammed shut followed by muted angry voices, followed by something crashing against the wall. A moment later there was a string of curses coming from behind the door followed by dead silence.

Glancing at Logan she shrugged, "Maybe we should get the hell outta here?"

"Oh yeah," Logan muttered. "Cause I have a feelin' we're in the line of fire sittin' here," Logan admitted and ushered her toward the dining hall even as he heard Scott start hollering his name.

Sinking into her chair Storm glanced up as the doors opened and Logan and Marie came in, trying to hide their smiles. Okay that was normal, them acting like a pair of over grown kids, it made sense in a weird kinda way.

"I still say somethin' is goin' down." Jubilee muttered snapping her bubblegum.

"Wonder where Jean and Scott are," Storm said as the door opened and Scott stepped inside, a dark look on his face as he scanned the room. Glancing at Logan who had settled in at his usual table she frowned as she noted Marie saying something to Logan who merely nodded and reached for his coffee a moment before Marie slipped out of the room, pausing next to Scott to say something.

Even from where she was sitting she could see the shock on Scott's face as he glanced back at Logan before moving past the coffee pot to sit at Logan's table.


"Mornin'," Logan grunted at Scott as he settled in across from him. "You look pissed."

"She's hung over," Scott muttered sadly. "The woman barely drinks when we go out and she gets plowed when she goes out with you and Rogue."

"Just needed to let off some steam," Logan grunted, noting the stares, the whispers in the room but not caring. "Everyone has to do it sometime."

"Maybe," Scott frowned. "I guess she needs to go out like everyone else, just don't understand why she couldn't go out with me!"

Smiling Logan shrugged, nursing his coffee. "Probably cause she's pissed at you."

"Do not remind me," Scott groaned. "I don't get it Logan. I mean I haven't done anything that would warrent this sudden attack on me. Makes me wish Magneto would bust out or someone would try to take over the world just so we could get out of this dump."

Hiding his grin Logan shrugged. "Cheer up bub, tonight's Friday why don't you join Marie and I for a movie?"

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Marie's pickin' it out so it shouldn't be too bad. She knows what I'll watch," Logan said finishing his coffee. "Well gotta run, got some work to do on the truck."

With a brief nod Scott watched Logan saunter off, damn this was weird. Logan was being nice to him, Marie had even smiled at him, and Jean, well she was just being a bitch toward him. What the hell was going on with the world these days?

"Did you see that?" Storm hissed at the professor.

"Yes," Charles frowned, hesitant to delve into the minds of two of his team members. Maybe he could chat with Logan later and find out? But for whatever reason the oddity was occurring everyone had noticed it if the silence in the room was any indication.

"Morning sir," Scott said walking past him.

"Morning Scott," Charles replied as the younger man walked away, closing the door softly behind him leaving the entire room in amazed confusion.

"This is getting weird," Storm muttered as she stared at the door. "I'm surprised Logan didn't take Scott's head off for talking to Rogue."

"I'll find out what's going on," Charles said backing his chair from the table and whirring out of the room. He needed to do some investigating that was for sure.

Armed with a bowl of overflowing popcorn, a six pack of beer for Logan, a bottle of rum and two glasses Rogue stepped into the study and closed the door, Logan sat on the couch staring at the hockey game that was on.

"You're gonna have to go get the coke," Rogue declared as she set her goodies down as easily as she could.

"Already here," Logan pointed to the side table and shouted when the team playing scored.

"Uh Logan sugah you do realize that to watch said movie we have to turn the game off," Rogue pointed out easily.

"I know that's why I'm watching it right now," Logan said without looking away from the screen.

Laughing softly, Rogue walked over with a beer and handed it to him, "You know I think this is working even better than we'd hoped for."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Jean doesn't even realize she's helping us make him miserable," Rogue whispered as the door opened and the couple stepped in politely ignoring each other. "Glad you two could make it."

"Oh that's okay," Jean smiled painfully, her hand going to her head as she walked past the lights. "It's nice to be doing something other than staring at the bloody computer screen all day!"

"Great you're in luck," Rogue smiled. "Cause I picked out a really good movie."

Logan glanced uneasily at Marie, hoping she realized that the old classic wasn't his idea of a good movie, it sucked! Oh well he'd suffer through it for Marie's sake it would give him a chance to do some more plotting.

An hour later Logan was watching Jean and Scott more than the movie, they'd curled up on the opposite ends of the other couch when the movie started. Scott wearing a pained _expression, Jean looking surprised to some degree before she shrugged and settled in to watch it, a drink in one hand and a pillow tucked under her.

With Marie sitting next to him Logan shifted, easing to a more comfortable, stretched out position so she could lay on him as they watched the movie. He glanced at the screen and hid the pained _expression, at the disgraceful lack of color and the sappy plot, his attention sliding away from the movie again, part of it going to the woman laying on him nuzzling deeper into his embrace, the other part noting the easy way Scott and Jean had snuggled in together as the movie got going.

Maybe this weekend they could get rid of the pair of them, he'd have to phone in the morning and get a hotel room for them then he could take Marie out to the lake for the day. Yep things were getting good -Jean and Scott's marriage would be saved, Marie would be with him, and Scooter would be apologizing to Marie before very long.

"Watch the movie," the soft command drew a smile even as Marie pulled on his chest hairs, making him growl low in his throat and he turned his attention back to the show with a slight curve of his lips.

"Sure kid."

It was really surprising that despite everything that had gone on Logan was comfortable here. Sure he was not a real big fan of Scooter's, and Jean got on both his and Rogue's nerves a lot of the time but still the need to duck out of this happy little picture was just not there. With a soft sigh Logan pulled Rogue a little closer to him, his arm tightening on her waist as he turned his attention to the movie.

Part of that he was certain was the young woman in his arms, the only tangible link to his own humanity that he wanted to have. He had even developed a certain fondness for this place, granted a bunch of screaming teenagers wasn't his thing and he often winced when his hearing picked up on their laughter even from across the grounds but still, all and all, he had to admit that it was a rather nice place to hang his buckle for a while - especially since Marie was here. Smiling softly he snuggled closer to her, his eyes drifting closed for a moment as he soaked in that familiar, warm smell that was Marie and his heart eased a little more.

Yes sir, he was happy here, didn't want anything or anyone else and he knew he would never leave as long as Marie wanted him around.

Sliding the door to the common room open Storm froze and stared at the picture before her, Logan and Rogue were laying spoon fashion on the couch, Jean was curled up on Scott's chest on the settee and the television was playing an old black and white movie.

Raising an eyebrow she glanced around the room looking for something that would tell her she was in a dream but found nothing. Logan was playing absently with Rogue's streaks, his gloved fingers threading through the locks easily, even as one hand rested on her hip, fingers skimming across bare skin under her shirt. Rogue looked like she was in heaven, her gloved fingers were working the buttons free of Logan's shirt, caressing him softly through the flannel without a thought.

Jean was plucking at Scott's shirt, her fingers tracing invisible patterns on the material, a look of longing on her face. Scott's hand was resting on her rib cage, his thumb curved over her breast in a familiar caress. Closing the door quietly she stood staring at the wood panelling for a bit before she shook her head and headed up the stairs, she had a lesson plan to get finished.

"They still at it?" Jubilee asked from the stairwell.

"They're watching a movie together, Logan's even keeping his mouth shut for once," Storm said softly.

"Oh my goodness. We need to figure out what the heck's going on."

"The professor's working on it," Storm replied with a sad look on her face. "Hopefully he finds out what is happening because I'm not sure we're going to survive this."

Laughing softly Jubilee rose and turned to head upstairs, "Maybe, but you have to admit it's been rather quiet with them getting along."

"The calm before the storm," Storm replied then grimaced. "No pun intended."

"Of course not," Jubilee declared and hurried off without looking back.

Damn it they needed to figure out what was going on before Logan lost it on Scott and they had to seperate the men. Climbing the stairs tiredly Storm walked to her room feeling the weight of her curiosity weighing on her. Damn it this was getting too complicated and she was dying to know what the hell Logan and Rogue were up to, especially when anyone with eyes in their heads could see they'd gotten past that lets-undress-each-other-in-our-minds phase they'd been in for so long and moved onto the lets-get-on-to-the-real-thing.

Perhaps tomorrow would reveal things a little clearer, because tonight everything was as clear as mud.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching the car disappear Logan smirked, with both Scott and Jean gone the weekend was free to do whatever the hell they wanted. Glancing to his right at his accomplice in all things revenge oriented he grinned, "So you wanna go fishin'?" He asked and Marie rolled her eyes. The girl actually rolled her eyes at him.

"Logan when do I go fishing?"

"Right now," Logan declared. "We're going to the lake for a couple of hours."

"But.."

"No buts get in the truck," Logan grinned at her. "This way I can relax without these geeks around."

"Does this have something to do with Professor Xavier wanting to talk to us?" Marie asked as she slid into the battered old Ford that Logan had brought in a few weeks earlier. With a slight wiggle she settled in the middle, where Logan would brush against her whenever he shifted, whenever he moved a muscle she would feel it. Thankful that they had gotten closer, Marie smiled slightly and leaned her head on his shoulder in a wordless embrace.

"Everything," Logan grunted backing out of the garage and heading for the lake a few miles east of the mansion. "I really don't wanna explain why we've been acting so odd lately, do you?"

Smiling secretly Marie shook her head and glanced out the window to watch the passing scenery. If Logan had said they were going to hunt for bears she'd have come along, just to spend time with him and he knew it. "You owe me cheesecake by the way."

"I do?"

"Yeah," Marie wrinkled her nose. "For having to watch that god awful movie."

Laughing, Logan whirled the truck around in a tight u-turn and headed north. Even without the bike, they'd still make it to Holly's place and back in time for dinner. "Cheesecake it is."


Watching Logan and Rogue laugh at dinner Charles sighed, they'd been avoiding him all day and he figured he wouldn't be able to stop that when the evening meal was over so he headed over to their table. If they wouldn't come to him, he'd go to them.

"Evening Logan, Rogue."

"Wheels," Logan grunted a reply and glanced at Marie who giggled.

"I'm glad I caught you."

"We weren't going anywhere," Marie whispered earning a glare from Charles and an elbow to her ribs from Logan.

"I'm sure you're aware of the speculation going on around here lately."

"`Bout?"

"Why you're being so tolerant of Scott," Charles said. "And I have to say I like the tolerance however not the reasoning behind it."

"What do you mean?" Logan asked softly, aware of Marie sitting next to him and the avid listeners that filled the room.

"Come to my office after dinner and I'll explain," Charles replied and whirred off leaving them gaping at his retreating back.

"You get the impression that he thinks something is going on between you and Jean?" Marie whispered tightly.

"If that's the case I'll set him straight right quick," Logan growled eying the door that was currently clicking shut.

"Now Logan," Marie turned to him, "Everyone knows you and Jean are attracted to each other."

"Everyone but me I guess," Logan muttered. "Cause I sure as hell ain't interested in her."

"But.."

"We'll have this chat later okay?" Logan stared at her. "Not around a bunch of nosey teenagers."

With a nod Marie turned her attention to the doorway. Just what the heck would the professor have to say? With a shrug she turned her attention back to her dinner, no point in worrying about it right at this moment.



Walking into the Charles' office Logan settled into a chair and pulled Marie into his lap, one hand resting on her hip in an unconscious caress the other curled around the arm of the chair.

"You wanted to see us?"

"Yes," Charles stared at them for a split second, they didn't seem in any hurry to avoid physical contact, and he wondered briefly what was going on. "Perhaps you'd like to explain what's been going on? Scott's been getting packages and parcels that never seem to end, Jean's been acting incredibly difficult, and you two are snickering and laughing about it to no end."

"It's called payback," Logan grunted. "Scooter jumped to conclusions so we're just having a little harmless fun as payback."

"Logan do you realize that Jean figures her marriage is over? Granted I haven't seen either of them all day.."

"They're at the Marriott in town," Logan said. "Spending the weekend."

"Yeah we made `em the reservations, gave em both a kick in the butt and sent `em off," Marie said kicking her foot easily. "Sheesh everyone likes to jump to conclusions around here."

"Everyone knows that you and Jean have been attracted to each other.." Charles said looking at Logan.

"Charles why would I bother with Red when I've got Rogue?" Logan demanded. "I haven't spent hours with Jean since I got back, hell I haven't even spoken to her for any length of time if you don't count the drunk up the other night and she did all the talkin'."

"Logan," Charles sighed; this was indeed a change in tactics. Act like you weren't interested and secure the unobtainable. With a sigh he shifted, his mind focusing on the couple before him and he frowned slightly. They weren't really paying any attention to him, their minds were on each other, on Marie's birthday, and not on Jean, Scott, or what the hell anyone else thought. "When they get back I want you two to speak to them. Clear this up before you have people dropping dead of shock around here."

"Fine," Logan grunted shifting and Marie slid off him and stood patiently while Charles eyed them both. "Can we go? We've got a movie callin' our names."

"Get out of here," Charles declared with a grin. "Enjoy your evening."

"We will," Logan smirked and headed for the common room, a bit of a movie then he'd see just how well Marie could handle her liquor.



Two hours later Logan stood in the kitchen snagging the bottles of scotch he'd purposely hid in the freezer before heading upstairs. With a smirk at Marie who merely shook her head and took the glasses, the case of beer and a package of premade cookies he led her through the mansion to the stairs leading up to their rooms.

Stepping through Logan's door she raised an eyebrow at his meticulously clean room, "I see you cleaned up in here?'

"Needed room," Logan grunted past his cigar. "The dresser," He gestured toward the wooden object as he closed his bedroom door, sliding the lock into place with ease.

Moving the bed out of the way to create a nice clutter free open space, Logan pushed it against one wall and grinned at Marie's snicker. Even the area under the bed was clean, dust free and looked like it had been vacuumed earlier, "I would keep quiet if I were you cause I'm about to beat your ass at this game."

"Ha," Marie snickered as she took a beer. "You're heavier than I am what makes you think you can do it?"

"Cause I hate losing," Came the gruff reply as Logan took the box out of the closet and opened it with a quick jerk. "Now you've done this before?"

"Ooh yeah. Lots of times," Marie said with a grin. "Its really simple; you just get what it says where it says and you'll be fine,"

Nodding Logan unfolded the game and took a swig of Marie's beer. "Alright shoes off, lets see how well you can do this."

"Pour us a drink sugah," the soft thud of her boots hitting the floor made him grin as he opened one bottle and handed it to her.

"Don't need glasses," he explained with a grin as she took the bottle and put it to her lip.

"Great," gasping at the burn of pure, high quality scotch going down before she handed the bottle back and rolled her shoulders.

Taking a long swig himself, he set it down within easy reach and kicked off his boots as Marie unfolded from off the bed and grinned evilly at him. He had no doubt she'd be playing dirty it was simply a matter of discovering how to beat her and he'd win.

"What's the risk?"

"Risk?"

"Yeah. What's the loser gonna do?"

"I'll think of something," Logan grunted as he watched her spin the little arrow and stick a foot on the little colored patch. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea, cause even he would feel a buzz and it wasn't supposed to fill his head with naughty images.


Glancing at the clock Jubilee sighed, it was close to midnight and she still hadn't gotten upstairs to shower before going out. Man she was supposed to meet the others in half an hour to go into town and instead she was sitting next to Storm watching some dumb documentary on birds. With a fake yawn she stretched and slipped off the couch, heading up the stairs at a run before the X-woman could come up with something else to talk to her about.

Walking down the hallway she snapped her gum her mind racing to what the gang was planning for tonight only to freeze at a muffled giggle. Glancing around she listened intently, hearing a grunt followed by another giggle, then a low growl. Eyes widening she moved to the wooden door that kept everyone out of Logan's room and pressed her ear to the door.

Thump, giggle, strangled moan, thump.. what the heck was going on in there? The deep masculine chuckle that seemed to ooze from under the door had her raising an eyebrow and she frowned at the faint but distinct conversation going on.

"Come on big guy, you can't possibly expect me to understand you've never been in this position before," Marie's tone was filled with laughter; her rich southern accent even more pronounced although a thinly veiled desire ran beneath it.

Gaping at the door Jubilee didn't see the figure walking toward her, as she moved to press a little closer to the paneling.

"Kid get it off," Logan's gruff answer had her biting her lip in concretion. "Its in the way!"

"Oh for cryin' out loud," rustling of something, another thump followed by a strangled giggle and a low moan. "Better."

"Not really," strained, as he couldn't catch his breath. Logan out of breath? Mister healing himself couldn't breath. Mmm interesting.

"What are you doing?" Kitty hissed as she stopped beside Jubes.

"Listening," Jubilee said grabbing the other girl and pulling her against the door.

"Ooomph ! LOGAN wow you really are good at this!" Marie's laughter filled voice echoed through the door and was promptly hushed.

"Not so loud kid, you want the whole mansion up here?"

"No," Marie replied quickly and glanced up at the door. "Did you hear something Logan?"

"Yeah your smart mouth," Logan grunted from where he was sitting and eyed her. "Come on, you've got your hands free here another shot please."

"You sir are incorrigible," Marie whispered holding his beer up and putting it down when he shook his head before grabbing the scotch and holding it up to his lips. "Easy now, any you drip out I get to lick off."

With a silent glare Logan took a swig and sputtered when she pulled the bottle off a second before tipping it down and setting it onto the floor next to her. Thankful that they'd thought to put on some liquid latex to see if it would work she grinned at him and crooked a finger before she moved over and licked the heady booze off his chin, trailing one finger down his throat to the waistband of his jeans to toy with the snap in a provocative move that earned her a lustsy growl and the obvious swelling of parts of him that made his jeans a little tighter. This wasn't about the whiskey this was about winning! No matter the cost even if it meant cheating.

With a strangled moan Logan stayed put, his body leaning toward Marie who merely grinned at him and leaned back as she spun the dial. Glancing at Logan she giggled, this would put them in a very interesting position to say the least. "Okay now lift your buns there darlin' I need to move a little.."

"Oh you're gonna move alright. You're gonna be beggin' before I'm done with you."

"Ooh promises, promises Logan aka Wolverine," Marie cooed fluttering her lashes as she slid one foot between Logan's legs and stuck her bare foot on the blue circle her exposed thigh resting against his jean clad crotch. "Your turn."

Chuckling Logan shifted, moving his right foot so Marie was caught between his legs, and leaned a little closer to her even as he moved one hand and reached for the bottle. "My turn huh?"

"That's two moves!" Marie laughed as he grabbed the scotch and took a swig. "No fair, you're takin' it all."

"Oh for crying out loud kid, I got lots," Logan replied as she grabbed for the whiskey. "Besides I think you're the one takin' it all."

"Logan," the low growl had him chuckling as he held the bottle out for her to have a drink. Watching the golden liquor as it dribbled down her chin he grinned and bent down to lick it off her pale skin.

"Alright darlin' lets see how well you can move. Go for it."

"You are an evil, evil man," Marie groaned as she spun the dial and glanced at him with a pained _expression. With a shake of her head she shifted forward, her breasts pressed against the hard wall of his chest as she put her left hand on the yellow circle beside his hip. "I really like the smell of old spice," She admitted.

"Like your perfume better," Logan declared easily as he shifted pressing his nose into her hair and breathing in. "So my turn?"

"Ooh yeah," Marie grinned at him," Better make it good darlin' cause I really gotta move."

"Alright," Logan said and shifted suddenly, one arm going around her waist as he toppled both of them to the floor laughing along with Marie as they hit the floor and rolled. "Enough movement?"

"Ooh yeah," Marie said reaching for one of the cookies. "Crumbs?"

"Naw. I want the whole thing," a low growl preceded it a moment before he grabbed the cookie and took a huge bite. "Mmm good."

"You are sick," shoving on a shoulder, Marie stood and swayed on her feet. "Be right back."

"Bring a cloth back with you, we've made a bit of a mess," Logan declared eying the rapidly staining factor of his bottle of beer that had gotten knocked over.

"Gotcha,"

Staring at Jubilee, Kitty's eyes was round as saucers. "You don't think they're going at it do you?"

"Honey, if you were in a room with a man as sexy as Logan would you be keepin' your clothes on?"

"But her skin?"

"Logan's pretty good at finding interesting ways around things. Probably got a very interesting way around it to."

"Come on, we're gonna be late," Kitty looked worried. "If they find out we were listenin' they'll have a fit."

"Kitty, Kitty, Kitty what are you babblin' about? Who's gonna tell on us?"

"The boys if we don't hurry the heck up," Kitty hissed and darted off down the hallway leaving Jubes standing in front of Logan's door with a smirk on her face. With a final glance at the door, Jubilee hurried off after Kitty, her mind working feverishly as she struggled to figure out where the hell things had changed!


"We need something to eat besides cookies," Marie stated as she settled on the floor beside Logan. "Pizza?"


"Pizza's good," Logan stated as Marie rolled over to grab the phone book, swallowing a groan at the sight of her ass shook his head. "Anything but anchovies."

"Ooh," Marie grimaced at the thought of the little fish on her pizza. "That's just nasty," Dialing the number she placed the order and hung up after giving delivery instructions.

"How much?"

"Uhh.," Marie frowned. "Twenty something."

"How long?"

"Forty minutes."

"I'm gonna do a beer run, come on," Dragging Marie to her feet he headed for the door, glaring at the offending piece of wood when it didn't open for a second before realizing he'd locked it. Creeping down the stairs, they snuck into the kitchen to raid the fridge, silently cursing the others as they piled up on the munchies before they headed back upstairs, Logan carrying most of the stuff with Marie carrying the remaining beer.

Slipping back into his room Marie closed and locked the door, she'd have to head back downstairs when the pizza arrived but until then, she was going to see if Logan could get any more nimble. "'Nother round?" She said spinning the dial.

"You bet," Logan grinned at her, it wasn't hard to figure out what she was up to and since they were both feeling a pleasant buzz neither of them wanted to stop.



Cursing the angry peel of the doorbell Storm rose gracefully and walked over to answer it. Opening the door she stared at the young man who held three boxes in his arms and a disgruntled look on his face.

"Pizza."

"I didn't.," Storm sighed. "Who ordered it?"

"Loggie something."

"Loggie?" Storm's lips twitched and she shook her head. "How much?" After paying for the spicy smelling pizzas Storm headed up the stairs to Logan's room, it was rare that he ordered pizza in, but she wasn't going to complain. She didn't have to eat the crap after all but he owed her thirty bucks.


Knocking on the door to his room she shifted the boxes in her hands and jumped when the door was jerked open.

"Pizza's here?" Logan stared at Storm then smiled a dark, feral grin and took the boxes. "Thanks blondie," He said closing the door quickly leaving Storm staring at the door as a faint, feminine giggle echoed through the door.

"Ooh that.. that.," Storm threw her hands in the air and whirled to stalk back downstairs, she had a documentary to finish watching for her class tomorrow.


Devouring the pizza didn't take nearly as long as Marie thought it would, and tossing the empty cartons into the trash can she grabbed the unopened bottle of scotch off the dresser before plunking her ass next to Logan's on the floor.

"Okay truth or dare?" Logan asked.

"Dare."

With a nod, Logan faced Marie with a grin. "Go for it."

Chewing on her lip Marie stared at him for a few seconds. "I dare you to kiss Storm."

"Ooh," Logan shook his head. "Kid I'd do anythin' for you but I ain't kissing her."

"Oh come on," Marie laughed at his disgruntled look. "She's pretty."

"So's a snake don't mean I'm gonna go kissing it."

"Logan, don't be a coward!" Marie gaped at him. "Fine then you go."

"Truth or dare."

"Oh boy, truth," Marie flushed at the thought of what could be revealed.

"Name the first boy you had sex with."

"Define sex," Marie frowned.

"Gettin' naked - or in your case close to naked, hot, sweaty, having an orgasm.. you know sex."

"Oh!" Marie smirked at him. "Nobody!"

"What? Come on you're shittin' me." Logan gaped at her, even as a warm, thrilling feeling settled in his stomach, and a heaviness settled in his groin.

"May God strike me dead if I'm lying," she drawled with a giggle, "Besides with my skin?"

"Ha, your skin ain't that bad darlin'. I can think of a dozen ways around it right this second. By anyway ,okay go."

"Truth or dare?'

"Truth," Logan said. "Just remember to keep it to something I might actually remember."

"First sexual fantasy about Jean."

"Ooh," Logan smirked. "Lets see what was it?"

"Tell the truth," Marie pointed out.

Frowning Logan thought back to the day he'd met Jean and his thoughts about her. Sure he'd lusted after her, hell what man wouldn't until he got to know her a little then suddenly his thoughts had shifted away from Jean completely. "Never really had one."

"Okay your turn," Marie didn't look convinced but she wasn't going to pry at least right now.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

Smirking Logan eyed Marie who fidgeted nervously before him. "Lose your shirt."

"But.."

"Uh, uh," Logan raised a finger. "Shirt off now!"

"Yes sir!" Marie snapped off a drunken salute before quickly shedding her long sleeved top. Tossing it across the room she barely noticed it land on a pile of Logan's clothes in the hamper as she turned to face him. "Your turn."

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"This could be interesting," Marie sighed and tilted her head. "Kiss me."

Raising an eyebrow, Logan leaned forward, his hands on either side of her hips as he stared at her for moment. "You sure?"


"Oh yeah," Marie whispered softly as she stared back at him, her body moving forward to lean against him. A shiver raced over her at the feel of his breath on her flesh, even as his lips brushed against her jaw, being careful to keep within the area that they'd painted. Shifting slightly she swallowed at the heat that seemed to spread from the contact even as her face moved, and his lips touched hers for a split second before he pulled back.

"Good?"

"Oh yeah," Marie sighed her eyes closing as she wallowed in the sensations. "Okay my turn."

"Truth or dare."

"Dare."

"Describe your hottest sexual fantasy?"

Picking up the bottle to avoid answering for a moment Marie stared at him. Her hottest fantasies always included Wolverine, some involved a shower, and others well were just too personal to share.

"Come on it can't be that bad," Logan teased pulling the bottle away from her with a grin.

"Um, those are kinda personal."

"Come on kid, you know you wanna tell me," Logan smirked. "Might be able to help you know."

Groaning feeling the flush of red climbing her face Marie grinned, the alcohol working its effect. "You're right," taking a deep breath she slapped her thighs and faced him squarely. "Here goes."

With a nod Logan stared at her as she started to talk, the thought runnin' through his mind that he wasn't going to help her bag some young punk no matter what he said.

"Low lights, candles everywhere, soft music playing," Marie started closing her eyes as she pictured it. "The soft scent of tobacco in the air, instead of perfume I mean. Tobacco and old spice to be exact, the window's open and the curtains are stirrin' in the late evenin' breeze, and the night's sultry heat is pounding around me. Throbbing like its alive."

"Go on."

"I'm standing by the window watching the sun's setting dressed in nothing but my tags, and a lacy little camisole that reveals more than it covers. The breeze ruffles the satin, making it caress my breasts as I stand there listening to the night come alive. The feel of the soft satin teases my aching body, making me even more on edge, and then I can feel it."

"What?" Logan croaked as he sat there watching her face.

"Body heat, like a warm blanket on a cold winter's night, it wraps around me even as the smells surround me and I lean back, my body brushing against the warm flannel behind me. I can feel the heavy press of a denim covered erection pressing into my back and I moan softly. The familiar warmth of hands reach up to cup my breasts and I close my eyes and just let the sensations wash over me," sucking in a quick breath Marie jerked her eyes open as she realized her hands had moved up her body to cup her breasts. "Enough?"

"Oh no. Please go on," Logan smiled painfully at her. "So who stars in this fantasy?" He whispered moving a little closer to her, his eyes darkening.

Laughing softly, Marie shook her head. "That's another question. And it's your turn."

"Damn," Laughing Logan shrugged. "Dare."

"Tell me your hottest sexual fantasy - featuring anyone you want," she smiled at him easily.

"Mm," rolling his shoulders Logan shrugged. "Okay."

"There's a roaring fire, a fur rug," Logan glanced at Marie who appeared fascinated by his words. He groaned softly when she licked her bottom lip and gestured for him to continue her breasts heaving beneath her tank top. "Just me staring into the flames and then I hear it, the softest fall of a foot on wood, the gentle hiss of skin rubbing on skin a moment before I feel hands come around me, trailing up my chest, nails raking over my bare skin.."



Storm sighed as she turned off the lights, walking down the corridors to make sure that there weren't any escapees out at this hour. Pausing at Logan's door she noted the light that was still on, the slight moans from within and sighed. Whatever Logan was doing it didn't involve her, and wouldn't be involving Rogue so it didn't really matter. She'd bet that Rogue would have something to say about that when the time came but instead all she did was continue on toward her room.

"Logan you can't possibly stop now!" Marie groaned her breathing erratic at the thought of making love with Logan on a fur rug, something she'd never really thought would be erotic but her body said differently.

"Tit for tat," Logan replied as he took another drink of scotch. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"You gonna wear that green number Monday night?"

"No," Marie shuddered at the thought of all that exposed skin but then thought of how Logan had looked at her when she had it on and smiled softly, seductively at him.

"Dare," Logan said with a smirk.

"Make me."

Rising as gracefully as three hundred pounds of metal can when he's buzzed Logan stalked to the closet and pulled out the dress. Moving back to where Marie sat he pulled her to her feet and made short work of her clothes, listening to her giggles and ignoring the slight smacks of her hands when his touched parts of her that should've been off limits.

"Arms up," Logan grunted, as she stood naked before him. The minute her arms were above her head he dropped the dress over her naked body and quickly secured the adjustments before stepping back. "Damn that looks hot on you."

"There's way too much skin," Marie pouted.

"Fuck the skin," Logan grunted.

"Logan!" Marie gaped at him. "I could kill..."

"Yeah but what a way to go," Logan grinned at her and winked. "Now come on."

"Were are we going?" Marie said as he jerked her against him.

"No where," with his hands on Marie's body Logan glanced at the cd player sitting on the small table in the room. "Hit play."

With a shake of her head, Marie hit the play button and smiled at the faint strums of a guitar filled the room. "Instrumentals?"

"What else?" Logan said as he started waltzing her around the room. "Don't breath a word of my dancin' to anyone or I'll have to silence you forever."

"Yes sir."

Laughing softly at the young woman's remark Logan spun her around the room, tomorrow they'd both be sleepin' in there wasn't any other way of dealing with the amount of alcohol they'd ingested but to sleep it off so he didn't really care how long they were up.

Whirling around Marie sighed, her body moving a little closer to Logan's as they moved around the room, her fuzzy brain sending out confusing warnings that she felt were too easily ignored. Logan knew the risks same as she did, there wasn't any other way of dealing with life but to live it.




"LOGAN!" The loud scream had the man in question slapping hand over Marie's mouth as she laughed at their precarious position standing on their heads against the wall. "Oh God,"

"Shh," Logan hissed. "You want to wake everyone up?"

"No," Marie laughed the booze and the dizzying rush making her care less what happened as long as she got to spend time with Logan. Feeling herself falling she crashed into Logan who fell over ending with them in a tangled heap of legs and arms on the floor. Laughing she gazed at Logan easily.

"Any idea what time it is?" Logan asked then frowned as his head came up, "Damn."

"What?'

"Someone's coming."

"It ain't me," Marie pouted earning herself a sharp slap on the ass and the faint sexual smirk that crossed Logan's face.

"Logan?" Storm's voice wasn't happy.

"Yeah Blondie?"

"Would you please try to keep it down!"

"I'm not makin' any noise.." Logan protested with a snicker as Marie started to squirm.

"Logan I distinctly heard someone scream your name out! Now Rogue's in bed sleeping, the least you could do is show her a little consideration!" Storm snapped and whirled to stalk back down the hall as doors popped open along the corridor.

Laughing Marie buried her face in Logan's chest for a split second before she rose to her feet and moved slowly to the door cursing the fact that it didn't stay in one spot very long. Jerking the door open she stuck her head out, "Hey Blondie," with a wave she smirked at Storm for a moment even as the other woman gaped at her, followed by everyone else standing in their own doorway.

"I have a name Rogue," Storm said slowly, surprised to see Rogue standing in Logan's bedroom doorway at four in the morning with only a tank top and Logan's boxers on.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Waving her hand she ushered Storm back toward her. "Look I need a favor."

"I'll say," Storm waved a hand in front of her face at the smell of Scott's expensive scotch that drifted off the young woman.


"See Logan doesn't think I'm capable," Marie felt out the word, slowly hoping her tongue would wrap around it without slurring to badly even as Logan stepped up behind her, naked except for the sweats he was currently dragging on.

"Capable of what?"

"Doin' my hair," Marie hiccupped. "For Monday night."

"Oh your birthday, right."

"Yep and since he's too chicken to do a dare, you'll just have to help with this..this.." frowning Marie eyed a lock of hair in front of her. "Oh I guess I need a box of hair color before then huh?"

"Naw baby, you look fine that way. Just need to invest in some of that stuff that holds your hair in place."

"Rogue what are you..?" Storm stopped when Rogue turned to Logan ignoring her. Glancing up and down the hall she hid her smile at the way everyone was coming out to watch the show.

"I have hair stuff," Marie replied poking him in the chest. "You just don't know how to use it."

"I told you three times hair must be up to go with the dress!" "I'm not wearing that dress!"

"Marie you will wear it because you lost."

"Oh you wouldn't even do an honest dare so how can you threaten me?" Marie gaped at him then shrugged and waved off his scowl before turning back to Storm. "Oh sorry Sugah, hair."

"Hair?" Storm gaped at the pair. "You're both drunk."

"I don't get drunk," came the sharp growl from the doorway. "Marie on the other hand is indeed feeling the effects of fifty-some odd ounces of scotch, two cases of beer and two bottles of rum."

"You're insane," Storm said throwing her hands in the air. "Absolutely insane." "I know,"Marie smiled patiently. "But just between you and me," she leaned closer to Storm who cringed. "I think that's why Logan loves me so much."

"Could be," Storm said eying the young woman, wondering if she'd remember any of this in the morning. "I think it would be a good idea if you two crashed for a while. We'll all get some rest.."


"Great idea," Marie said grabbing Storm's wrist and pulling her into the room. "Logan sugah would you be a doll and run downstairs and grab some more ice?"

"Naw, just go get the Ice Punk."

"Whatever."

Stepping out into the hall Logan glared at everyone until he spotted Bobby, "Ice Boy get over here."

"Oh brother," Bobby groaned he was in for it now. Not only was he out past curfew but Logan wasn't looking particularly pleasant. "Yes Logan?'

"Need some ice. You can help?"

"Of course," Bobby sent a panicked look to his cohorts who slid by him and hurried to their rooms quickly. Five minutes later his ears ringing with new curses Bobby ducked into his room and slammed the door.

"We got ICE!" Marie giggled as Logan closed the door after Bobby.

"Great I'll make the next round," Logan said moving to the dresser where two clean glasses sat amid a pile of dirty ones. The room smelled of a jumbled aroma of liquor, sweat, latex, and pizza making Storm's head hurt.

"I've got to get back.." Storm started.

"Do you know, Logan won't kiss you," Marie said quickly sticking her finger in Storm's chest. "Which is a good thing cause if you kissed him I'd have to suck you dry."

"Okay," Storm eyed Logan. "Logan I think she's had enough."

"She ain't had enough right Logan?"

"She's just buzzin' Storm. Relax would you, you're almost as bad as Scooter."

"Oooh," Marie clapped a hand to her mouth and stared at Logan. "You think they're okay? I mean they haven't called.."

"You know you're right," Logan said softly. "Best phone them."

"Yeah," With a quick move that ended with Marie sliding off the bed, kicking Storm in the process the phone was obtained. "What's the number again?"

"555-6969," Logan quoted as Marie punched in the numbers and waited for it to ring.

"Summers here," Scott's sleepy voice echoed over the line as Marie punched the button to put it on speaker.

"Scooter?" Marie hiccupped.

"Rogue? What's wrong? Why do you sound..?"

"Scott just say you're okay, you're still very much alive and hang up," Storm pleaded. "I'd like to go back to bed instead of being stuck in never-never land."

"Oh my God," Jean's voice echoed through the phone. "What is going on?"

"We're having an orgy," Logan snickered at Marie's words.

"I'm.. oh my God." Jean stuttered. "Does the professor know?"

"Hey, maybe we should get him up here to?" Marie suggested perking up a little even as Storm groaned and shook her head.

"Who knows?" Storm sighed. "All I know is I get awakened by someone screaming out Logan's name and now I'm stuck in the drunk comedy network."

"She's smart," Marie said quickly patting Storm's hand. "Didn't kiss him."

"Kiss who?"

"Logan," Marie growled. "Jeesh woman listen up. Between you lustin' after his booty and Storm..uh.. what was she doing again?" with a glance at Logan who shrugged and grinned at her before handing her a fresh drink she shrugged the thought off. "I swear you'd think Logan was available."

"He's not?" Jean asked hesitantly.

"Nope," Marie ground out. "Logan is one hundred percent mine. M-I-N-E! Anybody's going to be kissing him or getting their hands on his ass it's me."

"Uh is Logan there?" Jean asked softly.

"Hey Doc what's cookin'?"

"Logan did you wake us up at four-thirty in the morning just to tell us that you're attached to Rogue?"

"You know we think you two have a greaaat thing," Marie stated, "Just don't go doin something stupid like.. a little help here Logan."

"Like jump to conclusions about things that you're way off base about anyway."

"Logan you don't sound like yourself."

"That's cause even with my healing factor I've still consumed more alcohol in the past few hours than any normal human could tolerate without passin' out. I am pleasantly buzzed."

"Oh my God," Jean repeated.

"You takin' up praying?" Marie asked as she noted Storm shift. "Oh no where are you going?"

"And another thing," Logan frowned. "Lay off my girl Scooter."

"Your girl?" Scott's voice was hesitant. "What do you mean?"

"Just what I said, Marie is my girl. You got a problem with her you bring it to me. I'll set you straight up about it in no time!"

"I still don't know what you're talkin' about. I don't have a problem with Rogue."

"Sure, you just like lumpin' her in with the rest of the brainless twits around here." Logan growled softly then grinned at Marie.

"Um well okay," Scott didn't sound entirely convinced. "I guess we'll talk to you tomorrow.."

"You'll get your butts back here today!" Marie snapped. "Tomorrow is my birthday.."

"Oh right. Good night," Jean said a moment before the line went dead.

"They must have gotten some," Marie giggled hysterically even as Storm moved out of Logan's way as he threw himself down on the bed and chuckled with her. "I can just picture it.. ooh yes Scott. Right there Scott.."

"Naw it would be Mister Summers, yes mister summers.." Laughing Logan caught his drink as it started to spill. "I could just picture it."

As hard as they were laughing neither noticed when Storm made her escape into the hall. Standing staring at the assembled group of teens Storm sighed and shook her head. "Go back to bed."

"What's up?" Jubilee asked with a grin.


"Who knows," Storm moaned and moved off toward her room. "I don't want to be around when they wake up," She visibly cringed at the loud thump followed by giggles from the room and eyed those who were still in the hall. "I wouldn't be standing there when he decides to head downstairs, you're likely to run into problems. Six of them all made of metal."

Watching the kids scatter drew a very tired smile from Storm as she paced back to her room. This insanity had to stop, perhaps the professor would be willing to move one of them to the other end of the mansion, Storm thought as she walked past Rogue's door. Pausing before it she shook her head, it wouldn't do any good. Rogue would ultimately go to Logan, and if she didn't go to him he'd go to her. God it hurt her head the way those two acted at times. With a final glance at the door down the hall Storm stepped into her bedroom and closed the world out, intent on getting some rest.

With a muted groan Rogue opened her eyes to see Logan's shoulder in her direct line of sight, beyond that sat several large empty bottles and several that were only half full. Shifting she froze when she realized that she was laying on a naked Logan, who had his hand on her thigh, his fingers brushing against her crotch. Closing her eyes she groaned softly, damn this was going to be embarrassing when he woke up.

"Quit wigglin'," Logan growled in her ear. "We're good."

"You sure?" lifting her head Marie stared at his hazel eyes trying to ignore the faint blurry edge to her mind.

"Yeah," Logan smiled at her, his hand tightening on her leg and she smiled back. "What do you remember 'bout last night?"

"Everything up to you lockin' the door."

"Good," Logan grunted. "Cause otherwise we're in shit."

"Why?" "Storm's still runnin' round on the loose," Logan groaned and shifted, he'd only ever had to suffer the consequences for drinking that much liquor in his nightmares, so he didn't hurt this morning; the only side affect the need for coffee and something to eat. Marie on the other hand might need to sleep some more. "I'm gonna grab a shower.."

"I meant it," Marie said snagging his wrist. "I'm sure you don't care that way but I meant it."

Pausing Logan looked at her and titled his head a little, yeah he knew what she meant. What she'd spent half an hour muttering about before she'd finally passed out. "So did I," he admitted before pulling free and heading for the bathroom.


Frowning Marie tried to prod her brain into working order with little success. Watching Logan's naked ass move past her did little to help her and she shifted, snapping up to attention ignoring the fact that the sheet pooled in her lap and her tank top had somehow disappeared last night.

"So can I touch then?" Marie teased.

"Baby you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. But for now you'll have to do it in the shower," Logan replied stepping into the bathroom and Marie rose to follow him.

This was probably another notch on the games they played, the lifestyle that they shared and she didn't hesitate to step into the bathroom half a step behind him. "So who else did we piss off I wonder?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"No," laughing Marie watched him secure the water temperature in the shower and shook her head, "So what's on the menu for today?"

"Depends on you," Logan said stepping beneath the spray. "How's the head?"

"Good," Marie moved a little, "But I am a little hungry."

With a patient shake of his head Logan opened the shower door. "Come on in kid, you can shower with me then you can get dressed while I hunt down some coffee."

Giggling Marie stripped off the boxers she still wore and stepped into the shower, yelping at the heat of the water before it became soothing. "Oooh this is great."

"Turn around," Logan said as she squinted into the stream, her hair a tangled wet mass. "Why do you need all this hair?"

"Cause it helps protect my neck."

"I can see we're going to be buying lots of latex," Logan grunted as he soaped up Marie's hair, being careful not to touch her anywhere else. "Okay kid, step under the water and rinse that out, you want me to do the conditioner?"

"Yeah."

"You breath a word of this.."

"Don't worry Logan, your secret is safe with me," Marie giggled as he worked the conditioner into her hair, the warmth of his body swirling around her and making her enjoy the shower more than any other she'd ever taken. When her hair was clean, a sharp smack on her ass sent her out followed by Logan who killed the water and reached for his razor.

"I'm gonna get dressed and head to the kitchen," Marie said as she quickly brushed her hair and pinned it on her head with an old fashioned comb Logan had given her. "See you there?"

"Only if you make sure there's coffee," Logan teased in the mirror as she brushed her teeth quickly before starting back into the bedroom.

"I will make sure there is a huge pot of coffee with your name on it," Marie promised with a smile as she paused in the doorway. "We're gonna need it."

"Why?"

"Cause we have to explain everything to Scooter and Red."

"Right," Logan grinned and winked at her. "Get outta here before I do something that we will not regret later."

Laughing Marie nodded, pinched his ass and scurried off at his low growl.



Sinking into a chair in the dining hall Scott glanced at Storm who looked pained at their arrival. "It's lunch time.."

"I do apologize for my part in last nights fiasco," Storm shook her head softly. "Had I known what was going on I would have done something to prevent them disturbing you."

"It's okay 'Ro," Scott grinned as Jean settled next to him. "Logan's just gonna have to realize that he can't get the students and junior team members drunk."

"In Logan's defense though," Jean stated. "Rogue is the one that called. "

"He probably put her up to it."

"Not so much," Came the instant retort. "I think they were genuinely worried about you two. God only knows why."

"I do," Charles rolled to a stop beside the trio. "How are you two doing today?" He glanced at Scott and Jean who both smiled back at him easily.

"As much as I dislike Logan's bluster I do have to say this was one of his better ideas," Jean admitted. "It was what we needed I think."

"Good."


"Oh boy," Storm tensed and glanced over Scott's shoulder. "Looks like they're awake, or at least Rogue is."

"Hey Rogue!" Jubilee's voice drew everyone's attention.

Marie just smiled and waved as she headed for the food prep area, taking two large steaming cups of black coffee and a few sandwiches for herself. Walking toward the tables she didn't even blink when she saw Scott and Jean sitting with Storm and the Professor instead she settled at a table a few seats down from them and reached for her sandwich.

"So you gonna tell us," Jubilee said sliding into a chair beside her.

"Tell you what?"

"Ooh you're cruel," Jubilee said leaning on the table and staring at Rogue. "Was it good?"

Marie flushed and stared at her friend as the low conversational hums died down and everyone turned to stare at her. "What are you talkin' bout?"

"I heard you two last night."

"Uh the whole floor heard us," Marie replied.

"Yeah but I heard you first so spill the beans chica."

"Yeah Rogue come on, you gotta tell us. We're all dying to know."

"Dying to know what?" Rogue snapped as she stared at her two friends. What the hell were they thinkin' they'd heard.

"Oh come on," Jubes laughed and snatched a sliver of apple. "He growls."

"Logan growls at everything," Rogue said snatching her lunch back. "And he's gonna growl a whole lot louder if you don't quit eating his breakfast!"

"Ooh, what time did you guys go to sleep then?"

"I don't know, six," Rogue stared at them. "What's with all the questions?"

"Come on babe, you can tell,"

Jerking her head around she glared at St. John. "Tell what?"

"Come on Chere, we just wanna little sometin to tied us over for being woken at four in de mornin'," Remy teased gently.

"Yeah chica, you know you want to tell us all about it."

"What are they talkin' about?" Scott asked softly.

"Just wait and you'll find out," Storm smiled, this would teach them to wake everyone up with her screams!

"Yeah Rogue is he as good in bed as he is out of it."

"I wouldn't know," Rogue replied stiffly rising to her feet. "We didn't do anything in the bed," Turning she dropped the tray on the counter, took the coffee and started from the room.

"Ooh you are so not leaving here until you give us some details girl," Kitty said easily.

Shaking her head Rogue stared at her friend. "Do I ask you stupid questions about your activities?"

"No but then my activities don't usually include screaming Logan's name out!"

"I fell!" Rogue snapped. "It happens."

"Uh huh," Kitty stood there staring at her as the door opened and Logan stepped in.

"Tell her Logan."

"Whatever the kid said," Logan drawled reaching for his coffee. "Games on."

"Who's winning?" Rogue asked quickly.

"Canucks."

"Damn. You still mean to make me do that?" Rogue pouted trying not to laugh.

"Fuck yeah," Logan grinned at her, a light coming into his eyes at the thought of her in that green dress. "Call it payback for pinching me."

"Hey you had it coming! You can't expect me not to when you shower with me and leave all that nakedness out for anyone to touch," Rogue ducked past Kitty and following him out of the room at a fast walk.

Kitty stood there gaping at everyone as she realized when Rogue had muttered under her breath. "Rogue you showered with him?" She screeched whirling to face the door.

"Go suck on it," Rogue hollered back before a door slammed and the entire room burst out laughing.

Morphing through the door Kitty hurried after Rogue catching her just as she was about to sit down next to Logan on the couch. "You can't leave us hanging girlfriend. Come on."

"What are you babblin' bout now?" Rogue said as Kitty jerked her to the door, her gaze darting to Logan's who looked slightly pissed. "Kitty I can't walk through.." jerking to a stop she fell silent as Kitty jerked open the door and pulled her out into the hallway where the Professor, Scott, Jean, Storm, and half the school was waiting.

"What do you want?" Rogue asked as Logan moved up behind her.

"Details," Kitty shot back. "Come on Rogue some of us live vicariously through you."

"I hate you," Rogue slumped against the door jam and leaned there as she felt Logan move, shift up behind her offering support.

"How is it that you managed to shower together?" Charles asked. "All that skin would be exposed.."

"Not really," Logan grunted. "Its called paying attention to each other."

"Come on Rogue you can't tell us he's not better than anyone you've ever had," Jubilee prodded.

Glancing at Logan Rogue smiled and ignored the faint growl that Logan had. "Jubes if I told you I'd have to kill you," Rogue said sweetly.

"Why?"

"I'm territorial," Rogue said and stepped back, pushing Logan out of the way. "Now my attire for tomorrow is riding on this game and I'm not going to miss it just cause y'all are nosey," Closing the door she turned to look at Logan. "They think we did something last night."

"Who cares?" Logan replied flopping down on the couch. "As long as they're thinkin' that they're not digging too deeply into what we really were doing."

"But Logan," Rogue pouted as she slid into place next to him. "Its just not fair that they're speculating on what we were doing when I didn't even get to play with..."

"Marie," Logan shot her a look that spoke volumes even as he pulled her against him and squeezed gently.

"But Logan I didn't even get to play with.."

"Scooter's gonna be pissed when he realizes we totaled both bottles of three hundred dollar scotch, you wanna explain where it went?"

"Nope," Marie smiled, easily.

"Then let them think whatever they want to."

"So you think it was a success?"

"On both counts," Logan shot back with a grin as he pulled her closer to him and curled an arm around her shoulders. Yes sir, Scooter had suffered and he'd gotten to spend a helluva night with Marie; man couldn't ask for more than that! Well unless the night had ended with Marie panting his name out after one orgasm after another. Mmm maybe tonight he could convince her to play another game of twister? Less family oriented at that....
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=184