Rogue's Hobby by Cassandra Lee
Summary: Jubilee and Kitty are concerned about Rogue's favorite hobby.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 971 Read: 2000 Published: 11/21/2006 Updated: 11/21/2006

1. Chapter 1 by Cassandra Lee

Chapter 1 by Cassandra Lee
Author's Notes:
Originally archived on 11/21/06. We'll its been a long time since I've posted anything knew. I thought I'd give this a shot. It's just a short little fic ment to make everyone smile. It's unbeta'd. Enjoy.

Feedback is always welcomed.
"She's at it again," Jubilee whispered to Kitty.

"How do you know?" Kitty asked. She turned toward their object of conversation.

"Well, she was supposed to be Googling articles for our English paper but she's been over there for an hour," Jubilee said throwing her hand up in the air pointing at their friend. "How long does it take find something on Faulkner?"

"Maybe she's just trying to chose the one she likes best?"

Jubilee looked at her peace-maker friend and raised her eye-brow, "Please! Wolvie has been gone for two weeks. You know what happens every time he leaves."

"What pair do think it is this time? Kitty asked. "Sarah and Jareth or Chloe and Clark?"

"Kitty, you don't call them 'pairs' in this kind of thing. You call them shippers," Jubilee informed her. "Besides judging by her looks it's a deep one. I bet she's gone back to Catherine and Vincent."

Kitty looked back at their friend and tried to see what Jubilee was talking about. Rogue was leaning on the desk with one elbow while her right hand was on the mouse constantly scrolling the page down. Nothing looked special about her posture Kitty observed.

"Who is Catherine and Vincent?

Jubilee rolled her eyes, "You know from 'Beauty and the Beast?"

"I thought that was Belle and the Prince?"

"No you idiot! The one from the T.V. Show back in the late eighties," Jubilee said in a exasperated whisper. "You know the the rich girl that gets injured and the half man half animal that saves her and can sense her fear."

"Oh," Kitty said. "Sounds like some one we know."

"Exactly! That's why we've got to put an end to this," Jubilee said. "If we don't she'll end up writing, and we do not want to go through that again." Jubilee shuddered at the thought.

"What are we going to do?" Kitty asked.

"I'm not sure," Jubilee answered concentrating on her love sick friend. "But we have to do something fast or else we won't ever get to see her. She'll be glued to the computer like white on rice."

After a few minutes Jubilee and Kitty bent their heads together to come up with a clever plan to get Rogue back to her senses.

Rogue sat the computer staring at the screen as it scrolled down. She really wasn't paying attention to what she was reading. She was thinking about Logan and where he might be and when he would come home. Just as she was laying out a plan in her head on how she was going to get his attention Kitty's head phased through the computer screen and said "Caught ya!"

"Agghh!" Rogue screamed and pushed out from the desk causing her to fall backwards in her chair and landing flat on her back. When her eyes regained focus she could see Jubilee and Kitty standing over her. Jubilee had her hands crossed over her chest and a stern look on her face.

"What the hell was that for?" Rogue asked.

"Listen here Chica," Jubilee began, "We know what you are up to and we are not going to let you waist your time on the those stories."

"What are you talking about?" Rogue asked.

"You know what I'm talking about," Jubilee said reaching a hand out to lift Rogue onto her feet. "Fan fiction, Shipper Fics, whatever floats your boat."

Rogue dusted herself off and started to get angry. "For your information I quit that hobby the last time Logan left and I haven't read any fics since."

"Don't give me no crap, Roguey. I'm just trying to keep you from waisting your time fantasizing about Wolvie. I know you really picture the two of you as the shippers in those little stories on the Internet," Jubilee said shaking her finger in Rogue's face.

"Will you look at the computer screen?!" Rogue shouted. "I was looking up articles about William Faulkner."

Kitty turned to look at the screen as Jubilee continued to ramble. "Uh Jubes," Kitty said pulling Jubilee's yellow jacket, "she's right."

Jubilee walked over to the computer and looked at the monitor. She saw that Rogue was telling the truth. She even clicked the back button the see the previous websites Rogue had looked at. "We'll I'm sorry we jumped conclusions Chica," Jubilee admitted defeat.

"We?" Kitty asked. She held her hands up and shook her head, "Not 'we,' it was all you. I promise Rogue."

"Just don't let it happen again," Rogue said. She picked up her chair and set it back in front of the desk.

"How about we ditch this paper for now and go to the mall?" Jubilee suggested. "I'll buy you a new pair gloves to make up for my being an idiot."

Rogue smiled and shook her head. "You guys go ahead. I'll finish printing these out so we can finish up tomorrow."

"Alright, we'll catch you later then," Jubilee said as she walked away to gather her things.

They shouted 'bye' to Rogue as they left the library. "Do you think she was lying?" Kitty asked as they walked up to their room.

"Well hell yeah," Jubilee replied. "Logan's not the only one who can sense a lie."

Rogue looked around to make sure no one else was in the library after her two crazy friends left. She begin to type a website address that she had found two nights ago. It was full of amazing fics that she hadn't read yet. She was hoping that she could get some ideas on how to get Logan's attention.

Finding a story that she want to read Rogue settled herself into a comfortable position. God did she love this little hobby of hers.

"Vincent broodingly walked the tunnels late at night thinking about his beloved Catherine...."
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=180