One Long Night by Errie Wyvern
Summary: Cougar takes Marie up to his cave home place.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Creature Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 703 Read: 1399 Published: 07/08/2007 Updated: 07/08/2007

1. One Long Night by Errie Wyvern

One Long Night by Errie Wyvern
Cougar looked at his hostage. No not hostage, he corrected himself, guest. She was so beautiful. He had knocked her out to prevent her from screaming. Her face was serene and child-like.

He wanted to awaken her and make her his. No doubt they were looking for them now. Once he had convinced her that they belonged together, he would let them find her. And she would tell them that she wanted to stay out here, with him.

Cougar's head snapped up from where he was dozing. She was starting to move and moan. He finally looked at her clothes. They were too much. Long gloves, tight pants, covering shirt, and a thick scarf went around her body.

Since she had no affect on him, he would have to make her clothes a lot more revealing. As in, his only with a tiny top. She would look scrumptious in it.

Her brown eyes opened and looked into his black ones. Instantly she froze, and looked around wildly for an exit. He stood, and offered his hand for her to get up. She looked at him in fear. That pained him greatly.

Then she looked at him in anger, and he was afraid. She could not suck the life out of him, but she could injure him greatly. That was a risk that was too great to take.

"You do not injure me greatly and get out of it safe." she said coldly. She really wanted to hurt him.

"Stop." he said fearfully. She paused and took in his voice. It had an accent that she could not place. But he was afraid of her. That was a start.

"I don't want to be forced to hurt you, Marie. All that I ask is for you to sit and eat with me."

She looked suspicious, but she sat. He handed her a stone bowl with some sort of deer meat, berry, and other green thing jelly. He scooped some up with his paw and put it in his mouth. She did the same thing. And made a face.

"What is this stuff? It reminds me of a rotting fish that I found on the seaside."

He looked offended. "It is forest jelly. I made it by taking the remains of a deer that I had last night and blackberries and mint and root. I boiled it down in a pot and turned it into this. Quite nourishing and I consider it tasty."

"How long ago was it that you lost your taste buds?" she responded.

He just smirked at her and said,"It's also the only thing that I have to eat." She was talking to him. That was a good thing.

After choking the stuff down, she handed him her bowl. He set them both in a deep groove by the entrance filled with water. They would soak until morning, and then he would wipe them off with a leather rag. Very efficient.

It was just now sunset. The bright colors outside were breathtaking. Reds, purples, golds and blues filled the sky, reflecting off the lake and clouds.

She gasped at the colors. He smiled. She liked it. That was definitely going to help him to woo her into staying her as his mate.

Then Rogue turned and looked at him,"Why did you bring me here?"

"I want you to be my mate."

"I can't."

"You must."

"Why?"

"Because I can touch you and I rule this land. As much as you might dislike it, you come with the land."

"I do not!"

"Yes you do. I own you. And I'm going by the way of the forest, so you might not know all these things. I am the alpha. I choose my mate. I choose you."

She stood in shocked silence. This could not be true. It just couldn't be.

"If I try to leave, what will you do to me?"

"I will say that I am truly sorry for taking you against your will and tying your hands and feet together."

She knew that he was sincere. If she tried to go, he would simply catch her, rape her, and tie her up.

Damn.

This was going to be a long night.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1768