What in the hell were you thinking? by Shadowlady
Summary: My contribution to the round robin - Because he asked me!
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Drabble
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 569 Read: 1922 Published: 06/28/2007 Updated: 06/28/2007

1. Chapter 1 by Shadowlady

Chapter 1 by Shadowlady
“What in the hell were you thinking?”

“Uh, about what?”

“Don’t you dare pull that with me, young lady. Have you lost what little mind you had?”

“Now Jean, just take it easy. I’m sure Rogue…”

“I can defend myself.” Rogue glared at Jean and Scott who stood before her braced for a confrontation. “Just so we’re absolutely clear about this, what exactly has you so upset?”

“YOU MARRIED HIM! YOU’RE ONLY NINETEEN YEARS OLD!” Jean screamed.

“Uh so? I’m a grown woman, capable of makin’ my own choices.”

“Where is he?” Scott demanded, fury lacing his voice with steel. “He doesn’t even have the courage to show his stupid, rednecked face!”

“Hey that’s my husband you’re babbling about.”

“Where is he?”

“At work.” Rogue snickered as she sat down in the plush loveseat that Logan had bought for her the year before after she’d complained about having nothing to sit on. “And he won’t be home for a few hours.”

“Where’s he working?”

“None of your business, Scott.” Rogue replied watching them stalking off. She jumped at the slam of the door but refused to get up from her seat. A few moments later a soft knock on the door drew her attention. “Yes?”

“May I come in?” Storm’s soft voice drifted through the heavy door.

“Sure, Storm. Come on in.” Rogue rose and hurried to open the door. She smiled at the fair haired woman and stepped back. “So it’s your turn huh?”

“Something like that.” Storm replied with a smile. “I simply have one question then I’ll stay out of this.”

“Shoot.”

“Why? You’re young; you have so much life to live so why would you tie yourself to a man who likes to wander?”

Rogue smiled softly, lovingly. This was an old argument, one that had been going on for the entire time that they’d been together. “Because he asked me to.”

“Earth to Rogue,” Scott’s voice pulled Rogue from her thoughts and she turned to stare at the man currently staring at her in exasperation.

“Yes Scott?”

“Didn’t you hear what I said?”

“Uh no, I was thinking about something.”

“What?”

“Why this conversation seems to be so familiar. You’ve asked me the same bloody question every time Logan and I do something that shocks you!”

“This is not the same! Why on earth would you even think about having this baby without a doctor?”

Rogue giggled and glanced at Logan who wore an expression filled with both anger and boredom. “Because, he asked me to!”

“That is not an answer!” Scott hollered as the other couple walked away. Glancing over at his wife he sighed, “If he asked her to strip naked and run through the streets, do you think she’d do it?”

The soft, loving laughter filled his heart. “Honey, if Logan asked her to set fire to the moon she’d do her level best to make it happen. That’s what happens when you’re in love with a wild card like Logan.”

“I’m getting too old for this!”

Kitty giggled and rose to rub his shoulders. “Easy now, you’re not too old. You just have to learn to roll with the flow!”

Scott shook his head and smiled down at his wife, as usual she was right.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1742