I told you so by Shadowlady
Summary: Logan told her...he really did! He can't be blamed if she didn't listen to him.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 822 Read: 2718 Published: 06/23/2007 Updated: 06/23/2007

1. Chapter 1 by Shadowlady

Chapter 1 by Shadowlady
Author's Notes:
Feedback is always welcome.
“You’re so full of shit.” Rogue glared at Logan as he lounged on her bed. She wanted to hit the smug, self-satisfied look off his face but couldn’t get close enough to hit him.

“I am not. Go ask Jeannie if you doubt me.”

“I wouldn’t ask Red anything, not after the last time she lied to me.”

Logan sighed softly and shifted, crossing his booted feet at the ankles and watched his girlfriend of three years. She’d struggled with learning control for a long time, slowly she’d come to terms with her mutation allowing herself to have some peace. With that peace came an easing of her power.

She was still dangerous to the touch, and if exhausted or injured could suck the energy out of a person, but for the most part a touch meant emotions, thoughts, but no real damage.

It was just that fact that had resulted in the animosity between Jean Grey and Rogue. She’d accidentally touched Scott, pulling his thoughts from his mind and Jean had caught on. The only problem with that was that Jean had outright lied about Scott being hurt by Rogue’s touch. Jean had used Rogue’s insecurities to make the younger woman wrap herself up like a mummy while Logan was gone.

“Okay, there’s always Hank.”

“Logan there is no way in hell that you could possibly be smelling hormones on me. I’m still not touchable remember.”

“Hell darlin’, ain’t nothing one hundred percent…except abstinence and we both know…”

“Shut up Logan or you’ll be sleepin’ alone for a week.”

Logan chuckled and reached for a small, plain bag on the nightstand. “Here. I’m gonna go bug Scooter for a while. I’ll bring up something for you if you like.”

“Thanks.” Rogue sighed, her bad mood disappearing as readily as it appeared. With a smile she watched Logan hurry off to annoy Scott by drinking or smoking right next to him.

“No use puttin’ it off I guess.” She muttered and dug into the bag to pull out a simple box with pink lettering. She read the instructions carefully before putting the box into the bathroom and slipping under the covers. Tomorrow would be a big day no matter the answer.


*******************************************************



The X-men glanced up at the slam of a door and watched Rogue storm into the room. The dark, almost deadly look upon her face had more than one tensing. Rogue in a bad mood meant trouble for everyone, especially lately.

Scott glanced at Logan who hadn’t lifted his head from his newspaper. “Uh your girlfriend’s in a bad mood.”

“She just hates it when I’m right.” Logan replied and reached for his coffee.

“you are a self centered, egotistical, jerk!” Rogue planted both hands on the table across from Logan. She paid little attention as Scott and Hank moved a few inches away from Logan, their hands taking silverware, glassware, and their breakfasts.

“Really?”

“Yes really. It was bloody positive!”

Logan glanced up slowly, a smirk on his face. “Told you so.”

“Ooooh, you self-serving son-of-a-bucklebunny!”

“Thank you dear.” Logan replied calmly. “Breakfast?”

“No I do not want food. I want an answer!”

“What was the question?”

“How?”

“I do not believe I have to tell you. I distinctly remember you being there, and a bed, and that really nice black body stocking, and….”

“That is not what I meant.”

“Microscopic hole? It slipped, transference when I pulled out…How the hell am I supposed to know?”

“You told me there was very little chance…”

“Why don’t you relax, darlin’. You’ve got what another seven months to bitch at me.”

“You…you…” Rogue threw her hands in the air and turned to stalk out the door.

“If it helps, I won’t say I told you so more than a couple of times.” Logan chuckled when she paused before screaming and stomping from the room.

“What was that all about?” Jean demanded.

Logan looked at the red-headed doctor and grinned. “A faulty condom and the consequences thereof.”

“Huh?” Jean stared at him.

“She’s pregnant.” Logan replied and stood. “Better take her some food. She needs to keep her strength up. I’m gonna have to write a very long letter of thanks to Trojan that’s for damn sure.”

Jean glanced at Scott and Hank as Logan walked out whistling. “Did he say she’s pregnant?”

Scott nodded slowly, a shocked look upon his face.

“He seems happy about it.” Hank spoke slowly amid the silence of the room. “Perhaps that’s a good thing.”

The entire room flinched at the slam of a bedroom door up on the next floor followed by the loud scream of Rogue’s voice.

“LOGAN DON’T EVEN…LOGAN THAT’S SIX WEEKS WORTH OF CONDOMS! ARE YOU INSANE? LOOOGAAAAAAN!”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1725