Blue Pj's and Combat Boots by FageVonArc
Summary: "Forgot somethin' darlin'?"
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: None
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 388 Read: 1928 Published: 06/02/2007 Updated: 06/02/2007

1. Blue Pj's and Combat Boots by FageVonArc

Blue Pj's and Combat Boots by FageVonArc
Author's Notes:
I have no freakin' idea where the Hell this came from.
It was hot and smoky in the popular Manhattan nightclub. The kind that had a one syllable name; "Coast" or something like it.

A Techno beat blared from gigantic speakers set at all corners of the club and Rogue wiped the sweat-drenched hair from her eyes as she danced about to foreign words.

Her black combat boots moved across the floor; attacked by strobe lights that made them match the sin-red tank she wore and long chains that hung from her short cropped jeans whipped around to the beat, arousing masochists in the room.

At about 4 in the morning, drunk and happy, Rogue hailed a cab; all but falling into the backseat she yelled a bit too loudly, "Westchester! And step on it, I'm late for curfew!"

She laughed as the driver hit the breaks, obviously not realizing that she was kidding.

Arriving at the Mansion by 5, Rogue tried her hardest to sneak in quietly.

She'd made it into her room when she heard heavy footsteps headed for her door and panicked.

"Logan." She thought.

Dashing under the covers, she heard the door open and pretended to be asleep.

"Marie?" He asked.

Rogue smiled silently at the use of her real name and grumbled a bit for affect.

"Logan?"

"Just came to see how you were doin'." He replied, sitting on the bed next to her.

"I'm fine." She said with a sudden false rasp; adding in a cough or two.

"Good, I'm glad that you're getting over the cold."

Rogue suppressed a laughed, "Yeah... much better."

Logan got up as if to leave, but then turned back her way.

"Just one thing."

She looked up at him, "What?"

Covers were thrown back to reveal a pajama clad body.

A pajama and combat boot clad body.

Logan laughed, "Forgot somethin' darlin'?"

Rogue huffed indignantly, "You knew I was faking the whole time?"

"Yeah, I'm surprised you thought otherwise." Logan said running a hand through his unruly hair.

There was a puzzled look staring back at him.

"Oh, you're wondering why I played along?"

Rogue shook her head.

He shrugged, "You needed a break from classes, especially Math with Cyke and..."

Rogue prodded him for more, "And...?"

"... And I liked taking care of you."

Rogue smiled brightly, "Well then, maybe I should play hookee more often."
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1659