Sleepwalking by Blue Prairie
Summary: "He went to sleep under a light wool blanket and a crisp white sheet, sprawled alone in his bed, but he woke elsewhere--in the darkness at the back of the large foyer closet, behind concealing coats and jackets." In response to Khaki's Opening Sentence Challenge.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 459 Read: 1439 Published: 01/24/2004 Updated: 01/24/2004

1. Sleepwalking by Blue Prairie

Sleepwalking by Blue Prairie
He went to sleep under a light wool blanket and a crisp white sheet, sprawled alone in his bed, but he woke elsewhere--in the darkness at the back of the large foyer closet, behind concealing coats and jackets. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and looked around, trying to figure out where he was. As he became more alert he realized he had something in his hand...her coat. He brought it up to his face and inhaled her sweet scent before getting to his feet and making his way out of the closet. As he hung her coat back up on the empty hanger someone behind him cleared his throat. He closed his eyes to help hold in his annoyance and waited for the lecture.

"Logan, what do you think you're doing?"

"Just hanging up a jacket, Scott."

"And that required you to crawl into the back of the closet and sit there for hours?"

Shit, I must have been in there longer than I thought! "Yeah, whatever, listen Scooter, how about you quit pestering me and go find some little kid to turn into mini-you, okay?"

"Lo-"

"OKAY?!" He turned and gave Scott one of his "you'll leave if you know what's best for you" looks and Scott shut his mouth and left him alone. Logan made his way back up to his room and wasn't too surprised when he opened the door and saw the condition it was in. The blankets and sheets from his bed were scattered across the floor, the lamp was knocked onto its side, and feathers from his pillow were everywhere. Just as he bent to start cleaning up the mess there was a small knock at the door. He knew it was her from her scent and thought about telling her to go away so he could clean up the mess without any questions, but instead he sighed and told her to come in. Marie stepped into his room and her eyes went wide at the unexpected site.

"Logan, are you okay? What happened?"

"Uh, nothing Kid."

"It doesn't look like nothing," she said as she grabbed the wool blanket that had found a new home in the corner of the room, "you can tell me Logan. I won't judge."

He let a small smirk find its way to his face as he thought about the reason the room was such a mess and how she would react if he told her. What would she think if he told her he'd been dreaming about her in a very adult way and it had caused him to destroy his room and end up in the foyer closet holding onto her coat? He decided now was not the time to find out.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1656