Rejected by Blue Prairie
Summary: Inspired by a black teddy.

Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 694 Read: 1677 Published: 10/19/2003 Updated: 10/19/2003

1. Rejected by Blue Prairie

Rejected by Blue Prairie
Rogue spritzed some perfume on and took one last look in the mirror.

"Damn, I look hot in this black silk teddy," she thought. It was cut just right so it hugged her curves and accented her full breasts. "Bobby will have to notice my intentions tonight."

She turned off the light and opened the bathroom door into the bedroom that glowed in soft candlelight. Bobby was already in bed, and drifting off to dreamland by the sound of his light snores. Rogue climbed onto the bed and nudged Bobby. He rolled over enough to see her and sighed, "Not tonight Rogue, I'm too exhausted."

"You're always exhausted, Bobby, and we never even do anything!" Rogue snapped and jumped off the bed. She grabbed her green silk robe and stomped into the hall. Bobby rolled over and fell back to sleep while Rogue stood outside their door and let the tears begin to trail down her cheeks.

"I can't do this anymore, he doesn't even see me!" she thought as she made her way down to the kitchen. She started making some hot chocolate and let the tears continue to come as she felt sorry for herself. As she reached into the cupboard for a mug she heard someone clear his throat behind her. Startled, she turned to see Logan standing in the doorway staring at her.

"Couldn't sleep either?" he asked as he moved his gaze up from Marie's bare legs to where her robe was open enough for him to see her breasts straining against the soft black silk of her teddy. He tore his eyes away and noticed Marie's tears. "What's wrong?!"

"Everything," Marie sniffled. "Bobby..."

"What did the Popsicle do? If he hurt you..." Logan growled.

"No, Logan, he just, I guess he's just not interested in me anymore. Part of me understands. I mean, who wants a girl they can't even touch?" Marie looked down at the floor as the tears began to well up in her eyes.

"I do," Logan replied in a soft voice.

"What?" Marie whispered through her tears and looked up to meet Logan's eyes.

Logan walked over and put his arms around her, "I think you heard me, darlin'."

Marie wrapped her arms around him and hugged him closer, so he took that to mean she wanted him too and leaned down to kiss her lightly on her lips before her power could kick in. She started to cry again and Logan thought he'd made a mistake, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

"No, I want this, I just never thought you could see me like this, like a woman," Marie managed to stutter between her tears. She couldn't believe that she was being held in Logan's arms and he was saying that he wanted her. She thought she was just a kid to him. He'd never shown any sign of thinking of her in any other way.

"Marie, I've always seen you as a woman. You got my attention right from the start, but you were so young, so innocent. Then when I came back you were with Bobby and seemed so happy that I didn't want to ruin that for you. I've never cared about anyone but myself until I met you. No one has ever meant anything to me like you do. I want to be with you, if you'll have me."

"I've dreamed of being with you forever Logan. I love you," she said before she realized it. Afraid her confession had frightened him, she looked up to see his expression.

He was smiling. "I love you too," he said. "Now let me show you how a real man treats his woman," and he scooped her up in his arms and carried her to his room where he made sure the whole mansion heard just how much of a real man he was to his Marie.

Down the hall Bobby woke to the sounds of Logan making a woman very happy. He was surprised to realize that he recognized the woman's voice...it was Rogue. He shook his head and smiled to himself, then drifted back to his fantasies of St. John.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1653