In A Night by Blue Prairie
Summary: Date night is here!
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: In Love
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 780 Read: 1359 Published: 05/31/2004 Updated: 05/31/2004

1. In A Night by Blue Prairie

In A Night by Blue Prairie
Author's Notes:
Just taking things a little further.
Marie awoke with a smile. It had been a week since Logan had surprised her with his confession of how he felt and tonight would be their first official date. The week had flown by so quickly that it still all felt like a dream.

Logan met Marie for breakfast every morning, and after the first day they were getting some questioning looks from their friends. Jubilee, never the patient one, grabbed Rogue the first chance she got and threatened her with a night of karaoke if she didn't tell all. Marie smiled and happily spilled all of the details of the previous night. Before she knew it everyone at the mansion knew.

Scott pulled her aside and tried to give her some brotherly advice until he realized that Jean was behind him trying not to laugh. Once Scott saw her she lost control and had to leave the room before Scott saw more red than usual. As well-meaning as Scott intended to be, it pissed Marie off that he still saw her as just a little girl even though she was finished with school and well on her way to becoming an X-man. He must have tried having a similar talk with Logan, because later that same day he found Marie in the kitchen and apologized for how he'd acted earlier. She wouldn't have thought much of it if Logan hadn't given her that look of his when she told him about it. She'd punched him in the arm and tried to act mad, but gave in when it turned into a tickle-fight and then a make-out session. Yes, things were going pretty well.

Logan couldn't remember feeling nervous about anything before, but he was definitely nervous about tonight's date with Marie. He wanted everything to be perfect. He even went so far as to ask Storm what she thought a good plan for tonight would be. Her advice for him to be himself and do whatever came naturally sure didn't help. What came naturally to him didn't really fit into Marie's desire to take things slow. Finally, he decided to start things off with a movie since that's what their old past-time had been, and then go from there. He wanted the night to be really special, so everything would have to be just right.

It was finally time. Logan grabbed his jacket and walked down the hall to Marie's door. He started to reach for the knob but decided knocking would be better. He'd barely knocked when the door flew open and there stood Marie. In her tight black leather pants and a green silk shirt that fit like a second skin, she was breathtaking. Logan had to swallow before he could manage to speak.

"Holy shit, Marie, you're gorgeous!"

Marie giggled, "Thanks Logan, you're not so bad yourself." Not bad was definitely an understatement. Logan was never less than drool- worthy, but tonight in those ass-hugging jeans and a tight black t- shirt he looked even hotter.

"Just let me grab my jacket and I'll be ready," Marie said. They walked arm in arm down to the garage and Marie tried to get Logan to tell her what the plans for their date were.

"Well, I was going to borrow Scott's car, but since you wore those pants you want to take the bike?" Logan asked. Marie couldn't help but notice how he'd looked at her when he'd said "those pants". Yep, Jubes had been right when she'd suggested those.

"The bike would be great," Marie said, while thinking how she'd have her arms wrapped around Logan for the ride.

When they pulled up in front of the theater Marie was still grinning from ear to ear. It didn't really matter what else they did on their date, riding behind Logan had already made it fantastic.

Logan bought their tickets and a box of popcorn and drinks, and then they went to find their seats.

"Where do you want to sit, darlin'?"

"Hmm, I think maybe towards the back would be better. Don't you think so Logan?"

So they had sat in the back. As they walked out of the theater Marie asked him, "Hey, what movie was that we went to anyway?"

Not able to keep the smirk off his face he replied, "I don't think either one of us saw enough of that movie to know what it was. Sure was good though." Marie blushed as she realized he wasn't talking about the movie.

"So, now where to?" Marie asked.

"That's still a secret. You just hold on and I'll get you there." Marie got on the bike behind Logan and they sped off.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1649