Tears Become Them by Bethany A Hall
Summary: Beginning of family, end of loneliness.
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Tears Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 735 Read: 1974 Published: 07/08/2003 Updated: 07/08/2003

1. Tears Become Them by Bethany A Hall

Tears Become Them by Bethany A Hall
Author's Notes:
This is the last part of Tears. I have enjoyed writing this fic, and am glad others like it too. I might write about Baby Logan next, but we'll see. Feedback on that idea would be nice. Dedication: To God, who teaches me everyday that yes, even a deity has a sense of humor, and that all His creations can be beautiful… even me. Also, to everyone who sent me feedback, even if I haven't acknowledged it. //telepathic// ~feeling~
"LLLLLLOOOOOOGGGGGAAANNNN! I'M GONNA KILL YOU! I'M GONNA RIP YOUR BALLS OFF AND THROW THEM IN THE OCEAN, YOU SON OF A BABOON'S BALLS!"

Marie was having issues with her new husband.

(A/N: I wonder why ;D )

Logan winced. Reminding himself that staying out of range until the pain was gone would insure his well being. He'd like to have that honeymoon someday.

Marie was seriously ready to pull every ounce of metal out of Logan's body. Maybe then, he'd know how she felt.

There was just one problem.

She loved the son of a bitch.

She pushed that thought out of her mind—as she concentrated on pushing.



Tears became them.

They streamed out of Marie's eyes, and down Logan's face.

It was centered on the perfect, beautiful baby in their arms.

Their daughter.

Logan was behind her, holding Marie cradled in his arms. One hand on their daughter's tiny face.

Her touchable, tiny face.

Hank looked at the three McKenzies (a name chosen for them by the Professor), a smile gracing his blue furred face. He had tested the baby for the X-gene, at the parents' insistence, to see if she had a mutation like her mother's.

As he took the blood, he watched in shock as the tiny puncture hole healed, showing she had her father's.

"She does not seem to have your mutation, Rogue. Not yet, anyway."

Marie leaned back against Logan, her eyes closing in relief. That was a blessing and a miracle. Time would tell of course, but for now her precious cub would not be subjected to the agony Marie had suffered.

Logan was just glad the two most important women in his life were safe—as was his `equipment'.



"Have you decided on a name for her?" Hank asked later. Mother and baby had been cleaned up, and Logan, whose hand had been purple from Marie's grip, had healed. They were now allowed visitors.

The two looked at each other. It was Logan who answered.

Logan had kept his promise to himself to name their first born after Scott. He was still a dweeb, but Logan knew that Scott had helped him find his way back to Marie. Besides promises weren't made to be broken, even if they weren't spoken out loud.

The other part of his baby girl's name was easy. Name her after the woman who had opened his and his wife's hearts to one another in a way they never had been before. She had also helped Marie find the switch to control her mutation. For that, Logan owed her a lot more than simply naming his cub after her.

"Angelique Scottia McKenzie."

Angelica and Scott, both in the room, now had tears in their eyes. They spoke as one.

"Thank you."

Logan grunted. "I owe you thanks. Without you guys, this would not be happening. We wouldn't have fixed it."

Marie spoke. "We both owe you so much more than we can ever repay."

Angelica just shook her head. "You guys did all the hard stuff."

Scott added, "We just kicked Logan into motion."

He got a middle claw for that comment. The look on Logan's face was teasing, however.

Scott hoped.



Emote, Ryan, Logan, Marie, and little Angelique stood in the foyer of the school. The North Carolina contingent was heading back that day.

Emote hugged the McKenzie family. "Take care of each other, and remember, if you need me, I'm only a phone call away."

She kissed the baby. ~contentment, happiness~ //Take care of them, Angelique. //

Logan smiled. "We'll remember."

Emote and Ryan turned and left, leaving the three Logans behind.

Logan and Marie looked at each other. Tears were falling down Marie's face. Logan reached out and wiped them away. "You'll miss them."

"Won't you?"

"Oh, yeah. But we'll see them again. I have faith in that… and you."

Marie looked at him. "I love you, Logan."

"And I love you, Marie. Both of you," he added, leaning down to kiss Angelique's tiny head, then his wife. He knew how lucky he was to have them both…and never again would he forget the hard lessons he had learned.

Marie smiled as she watched Emote drive away. There would be trials ahead, patches of rockiness, and agony, tears of happiness and sorrow. But she could face them now.

They would face them together. The three of them.

The End
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1642