Calming Him Down by Bethany A Hall
Summary: The Professor steps in.
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Tears Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 492 Read: 2049 Published: 07/08/2003 Updated: 07/08/2003

1. Calming Him Down by Bethany A Hall

Calming Him Down by Bethany A Hall
Author's Notes:
//telepathic//
The Professor was battling a headache. Calming down an angry, feral mutant worried about his mate and feeling guilty about why she left was not as easy as it may seem.

"Where is she?"

"Logan…" How did he keep Wolverine here? Emote didn't explain that to him. Or maybe HE hadn't explained Logan well enough to her. "She's okay. You need to give her time."

Logan shot out of the seat he'd been perched on. " I can't, Chuck. I can't help worrying about her. She's out there all alone. Without any help," he finished softly. //Without me// His head fell at the thought.

Xavier's heart felt for Logan. To have gone through everything he had, losing his life, gaining his claws, finally finding his mate, and have her run from him because of something obviously big must be devastating. He couldn't begin to understand.

"Logan, she's not alone. I have asked a friend to help her." Logan's head jerked up.

"Where's your friend?"

Charles shook his head. "I wouldn't tell you if I knew."

"Then how did…"

"I ask?" Xavier tapped his temple. "I thought of her. She is also a telepath."

"Do I know her?" Logan asked, puzzled.

"No. She was never an X-Man per se, but she was a student of mine. She prefers peace and quiet, but she believes she owes me, and I believe she will help Rogue ease her pain. But she needs TIME, Logan. Do you want her back?"

"Oh, yes." Logan said, longing filling his voice.

"Then let my friend help her heal. Give her a few days, at least."

Logan shook his head. "I don't think I can."

"Then you may never have her back."

Logan swung on Charles. "WHAT?"

Xavier sighed. Sometimes, Logan's instincts to shoot first, shoot again, shoot some more, and then ask questions of survivors could be a good thing. Not in this case. But convincing Logan to give Rogue time without getting sliced into little molecules would be a tricky tightrope to roll down. But try he would, for the two mates had to be whole separately before they could be whole together. Emote could hold that key. If Logan would LISTEN.

"She was a runaway when you met her, and she absorbed you, a man on the run from memories. Her first instinct is to hide and lick her wounds. What would you do if the positions were reversed? She…needs… TIME. Give her that. If she truly loves you, she will find a way to make peace with what happened. Love her enough to give her that."



Logan went looking for Storm. She might help him.

"Storm, do you know all the Professor's old students?"

"Most of them, why?"

"Because there's a telepath I want to find."

He'd give her time: three days, like the Professor said. But he'd know the name of the woman helping his mate.

It would help calm him down.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1632