The Way To A Man's Heart by Karen S
Summary: Marie wonders how to attract Logan.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4957 Read: 2603 Published: 09/01/2001 Updated: 09/01/2001

1. Chapter 1 by Karen S

Chapter 1 by Karen S
Author's Notes:
This idea came to me while fixing dinner one night.
As Marie watched Logan work on his bike, she began to wonder if she'd ever have a chance of attracting him. He was everything she wanted in a man; muscular and gorgeous, street smart yet gentle (not that anyone believed her on that one), and willing to put a man in the hospital for her. Oh, there was much more to Logan than that, and she loved all of him, but could she ever get him to look at her; to see her as more than just a kid? She wasn't a kid, not any more. She was nearly nineteen and ready to tackle a real man instead of the boy's at the school.

She thought through her options.

Well, I could date Bobby, but the whoopee cushion sort of practical joke bit is irritating, besides, he's got a thing for Kitty....

I could go out with St. John, but I really think he's gay, as in crush on Bobby gay. I'd like to be a fly on the wall in their room when Bobby finds out....

Then there's Jono, but Paige considers him private property, not that he seems to realize it the way he whores around....

Hmm, maybe Everett....

Marie shook her head and began walking across the lawn where Ororo Munroe was weeding a flowerbed and spreading mulch.

Monet would have a cow, although that would be interesting to see....

Remy? No, he's smitten with Jubilee and would only take me out to be polite.

I could flirt with Scott, but then Jean would hate me and how can I do that to someone who's like an older sister to me? Logan doesn't flirt with her anymore, except when Scott's around, but that's just funny to watch....

Why shouldn't I go after Logan?

She turned her head and was happy to discover that she was close enough to see his back muscles ripple when he reached for a wrench. A rush of warmth curled in her belly and she bit her lip to keep from grinning like an idiot.

He looked back and waved at her.

Marie waved back, then realized she was grinning like an idiot despite her teeth digging in her lower lip and flushed a deep red.

This seemed to happen a lot anymore when she was around him.

Bowing her head, she ran to Ororo and sat down beside her.

"Hello."

"Good morning, Rogue." Ororo inclined her head towards Logan, who had stood and was stretching his back, jeans riding low, that huge belt buckle seeming to announce `Logan's groin directly below me. Take a good long look'. "A beautiful sight, no?"

She could have been referring to the sun in the clear sky or the harmonious, calming blend of flora and fauna around them, but Marie only saw Logan and nodded in agreement. "Oh yeah. Beautiful."

"Rogue, are you sunburned?"

"No, why?"

"Because your cheeks are very flushed."

Marie took a handful of mulch from the bag between them and spread it around a plant. "Ah'm fine. Do you garden every morning?"

"Usually. It helps me to think. Gardening is extremely soothing to me, Rogue, and after...." She broke off, her lips compressing into a thin line. "Never mind. Would you like to help me?"

"Sure." Marie began to spread mulch around the plants, her thoughts returning to Logan.

Why shouldn't I go after Logan?

Okay, I know he occasionally goes into town and picks up women, but that's for sex, and well, he's about as male as a guy can get, sex drive included. Jubilee said that she thinks most guys have an overactive sex drive. If that's true, and I'm beginning to think it is with how they act, and a normal guy has an almost uncontrollable sex drive, then what is Logan's like? Does he have this mutant self-control to go along with it or is he barely holding it back?

Across the lawn, Logan put away his tools and headed for the mansion.

I want to find out so badly....

What can I do to win his heart?

"Ororo?"

"Yes, Rogue?"

"What's the best way to a man's heart?"

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, she knew she'd made a mistake.

Oh shit.

Ororo Munroe had recently had a brief tempestuous and disastrous romance with an old med school colleague of Jean's. The relationship had been passionate and wonderful up to the point where Ororo found the man in bed with another woman. It had proceeded to become even more passionate and it'd taken Jean, Scott, Logan and Remy to physically restrain her from killing the man. There'd been gale force winds later that night....

Ororo's eyes narrowed thoughtfully, and she picked up her trowel, stabbing it viciously into the earth, twisting it as she spoke, a vengeful smile on her lips. "Through the chest, Rogue. The easiest way to rip out a man's heart is by going through the chest. Messy, but effective."

"Uhh..."

"Remember that."

"Okay...thanks." Marie dusted off her hands and slowly, so as not to interrupt the woman's mutterings, Marie set off for the mansion. It was nearly time for cooking class.



Maybe I should ask Jean. After all, she's got Scott and he's a cool guy.... not that I'd know, but to keep Jean interested he's gotta be cool somehow. I mean, Jean is the big sister I never had. I can go to her about anything....

"Jean?" Marie scraped batter into a pan with a spatula. "Is it true that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach?" She glanced up. Jean had a horrified expression on her face and was watching Jubilee make a mess of her workstation. "Jean?"

"Uh...I suppose...Jubilee, didn't you already put salt in there?"

Jubilee snapped her gum and shook the salt container over the bowl. "I don't know."

"Aren't you following the recipe?"

"Recipe?"

Jean turned to Rogue, missing Jubilee's devilish grin. "I'm sorry, Rogue. What did you ask?"

Marie took a wet sponge and began wiping her own workstation. "Is it true that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach?"

"I think it depends on the man, but most men seem to enjoy a good meal."

"Do you cook for Scott?"

"Sometimes." Jean's cheeks grew warm. Cook? Does it count using whipped cream, chocolate sauce and cherries in the privacy of your bedroom? "Why do you ask?" Logan. Had to be Logan.

"Duh." Jubilee snorted. "The hairy guy."

"Do you think that's true with Logan?"

Bingo. She was right. "Well..."

"What would work with him?"

"Toss him a raw steak and keep your hands away from his mouth." Jubilee muttered, pouring batter of drink consistency into an ungreased pan and dotting it with M&M's and red-hot candy.

"J." Marie set the sponge aside.

"What? It's true. Have you seen how he likes his steak? Eauww gag, like all bloody and runny. Disgusting. Remember that fundraiser we were all forced to go to? Well, I had to sit beside him. I actually heard him tell the caterer to, and I quote, "cut it off the cow as it runs by and hold a lighter to it for twenty seconds." unquote. Gross. I reached for the salt and he fucking growled at me like he thought I was gonna try and steal his steak."

"Language, Jubilee."

"Yeah, Ms. Grey. Anyway, I was like, way grossed out. He didn't even use A-1, he just bit into that runny, bloody..."

Jean shuddered and pressed one hand to her mouth.

"You okay, Jean?" Marie set the timer for Jubilee.

"I'm just a little queasy, that's all."

"Maybe you're preggers." Jubilee leaned on the counter to peer at the woman's stomach.

"I'm not `preggers', Jubilee."

"Are you sure? Because doctors usually don't turn green at the mention of barely seared, bloody, dead-animal carcass."

"Am I green?"

Marie nodded. "Just a little."

Jean gulped and looked at her students. She had a small class, just Jubilee, Rogue, Paige, Kitty and a couple of the younger girl's, which was fine with her. The only one in the class who ever gave her trouble was Jubilee, who'd rather be watching t.v. She took a deep breath. "Okay class, next up: you're all going to cook a meal for someone. I've assigned a volunteer to each of you."

Jubilee faked a fainting spell and hit her head on the cabinet.

"The only way you'll get out of this is by death or a note from your doctor, and since I am your doctor, death is the only way out, Jubilee."

Marie listened long enough to hear herself paired with Logan.

Just the opportunity I was waiting for. What should I fix? Shit, I don't even know what he'd like.

Most of him had faded from her mind, leaving only fragments of memories and nightmares. Occasionally, she'd catch herself trying to draw him from her subconscious and would force herself to stop, because once she started, she'd make a habit of it and might end up losing herself.

"Rogue! Earth to space cadet!"

She blinked and saw Jubilee beside her. "Hmm? Did you say something?"

"Obviously not the magic word."

"Huh?"

Jubilee sighed theatrically. "Logan."

Marie whipped her head around. "Where? Where?"

"Ta-da! Magic word. You can quit looking, Roguey; he's not around. One of these days you're gonna give yourself whiplash."

"Don't do that."

"Do what? Get your hopes up? Girl, he's too old for you. Granted, he's fine to look at, but he's older than dirt."

"You don't know that for sure."

"Oh come on, I'll bet he could tell us what dinosaurs were really like."

"J.!"

Jubilee took her pan out of the oven. The batter hadn't risen and the candies were melted together in a multi-colored mess. "Perfect."

"Jubes, why won't you admit that you can cook?"

"Because I like seeing Ms. Grey get that horrified, `dear-Lord-help-me' expression. She's so in control the rest of the time. I like to fluster her."

"Is this the same reason you're almost flunking the rest of your classes even though you know the stuff cold?"

"No. That's just my way of avoiding reality." She cut the concoction that could only loosely be called brownies into squares and picked one up.

Marie also picked one up, staring at it curiously. "Uh...."

"Who'd you get for the dinner thing?"

"Logan." Cautiously, she tried the brownie. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad.

"I got Remy. Wanna trade?" She shoved the rest of the brownie into her mouth and chewed.

"No."

"Stupid question, but I had to ask."

"Who'd Kitty get?" It occurred to her that the rest of the class was gone.

"Mr. Summers."

"Where is everyone?"

"Kitty had a panic attack when Ms. Grey read who she was to cook for, so Ms. Grey took her to the infirmary. Everyone else wandered off and you stood there like a zombie drooling over Logan."

"Ah was not drooling."

"Then what's that wet spot on the floor by your shoes?"



Is there any way he could be finer?

Marie tugged on the exercise bra Jubilee had encouraged her to wear. It felt one size too small and every time she moved, her breasts threatened to overflow the fabric. She re-positioned herself on the weight machine, eyes straying back to Logan. He was shirtless and in a pair of shorts, punching at the punching bag, his muscles working fluidly. She began a new set of reps, moving slowly.

Mmm. I want some of that.

Her eyes traveled down his body slowly, her tongue slipping out to moisten her lips as she worked her way back up, visually caressing every inch of him to his eyes, which were watching her in return....

Marie let go of the handles, the weight crashing down with a bang that stopped all conversation in the room. Twelve sets of male eyes and two sets of female stared at her. "Sorry." She said, staring at the floor, embarrassed. Gradually, conversation started up again and she found Logan crouched beside her.

"Hi."

"Hi." She glanced at him, then away, then back and down to the floor.

"Need some help?"

"Uh..." His hands moved to her, one on her stomach, the other on her back. Marie lost all ability to think clearly.

My God, he's touching me...touch...yeah...concentrate...what's he saying...who cares...touching....

"Sit up straight..." He went through the motions, not surprised when she didn't seem to be listening. I wonder what she's thinking about.

His hand is on my back! Damn he smells good! Calm, must remain calm. My nipples are hard. Can he see that?

"When are you going to cook for me, Darlin'?" Logan sat back and waited for her hormone overloaded brain to reconnect with her body.

"Uh...well...uh...this...this week?"

"Sounds good. Can't wait."

"Yeah."

Marie watched him collect his towel and leave the weight room. She sat in a stupor until Jubilee appeared beside her and prodded her not gently in the arm.

"Oh you are so smooth chica. Wherever did you get this sophisticated side?"

Marie shot her a dirty look and tugged on her bra again.



The article should have been holding her interest; it was about sex, but Marie wasn't reading it. She was sitting on a couch in the rec room, feet propped up and a gloved Jubilee painting her toenails for her. Logan was across the room, shooting pool with Remy. Both men had taken their outer shirts off and were in their t-shirts and faded well-worn jeans.

They do fill out those jeans nicely. Wonder if J. has noticed Remy or if she's just ignoring him to drive him crazy.

She glanced at the article.

`The Big `O': A Girlfriend's Guide To The Pleasure Roller coaster.'

Pleasure roller coaster?

Her eyes flicked over to Logan bending to take a shot.

Nice ass, baby. Oh yeah, Logan, strut your stuff, sugar.

"Do not start drooling, girl."

Logan glanced towards them and Marie hastily turned her gaze to Jubilee.

"What?"

"Drooling. You know, the over-production of saliva into excessive proportions to the point where it dribbles out of your mouth?"

"Ah know what drooling is, J." Marie wiggled her toes. "You don't have to be a smart-ass."

"And disappoint you? I think not. Just remember: too old."

"What's too old?" Logan leaned on the back of the couch.

Once more, Marie lost control of her mouth. "Uhh...oh..."

Man, he always smells delicious.

"What are you, eavesdropping, old man?" Jubilee screwed the lid on the bright red polish and stripped off the gloves. "Manners mister."

"I have manners, Jubilee."

I sure as hell wouldn't want you to have manners in my bedroom, Logan sugar. Take me and take me hard.

Marie glanced at the article, saw the word `orgasm' and flushed.

"Prove it."

"I haven't killed you yet. That's good manners."

"In what warped world?"

"Mine."

"Hey P'tite." Remy barely glanced at Rogue, his eyes devouring Jubilee as she gathered her pedicure kit and stood.

"What?"

"When you gonna cook for me?"

Logan snorted. "Better have Jean ready in the infirmary with an antidote."

Jubilee stuck her tongue out at him, then shrugged at Remy. "I don't know. Tomorrow?"

"Remy eagerly anticipates whatever culinary delight de fairest Jubilee would fix."

She moved to the door, frowning slightly. "Whatever."

Remy trailed after her and Logan took Jubilee's place on the couch.

"What are you reading?"

"Magazine."

Logan took a deep breath and smiled softly. "I can see that."

The word `orgasm' seemed to leap off the page at her.

When he took another deep breath, her eyes widened.

Oh my God, he can smell me...and I think he's enjoying it.

Marie was suddenly quite aware of every thud of her heart and that warmth in her belly.

"Care to elaborate?"

"Huh?" She sat very still as he reached out and touched one red toenail. Nothing happened. No drawing sensation, nothing, like when he touched her hair.

Oh God, help me breathe....

"What article in there has you so engrossed?"

`Orgasm, orgasm, orgasm' leapt out at her.

She licked her lips and shook her head slightly. "Oh nothing. Really." His fingers snagged the magazine before she could shut it. "Logan...."

"Let go."

"You wouldn't be interested in this."

"Oh?" His brows went up and he was clearly amused, tugging lightly on the magazine while she kept a death grip on it. With a final tug, the magazine was in his hands and he had it open. Logan skimmed the article and glanced at the pictures. "Hmm. Very informative. I'll remember that." Handing it back to her, he stood and pulled off his shirt. "Gonna go...workout. Wanna come?"

Marie closed her eyes. She could feel the warmth on her face and wondered just how red she'd turned.

"No?" He shrugged one brow. "Maybe later then."

His fingers slid down her hair and then he was gone.

Was...was he flirting with me? Wanna come? Oooh...double meaning. Maybe. Yes, definitely a double meaning. I'm so embarrassed right now. Do I stay here or go to my room and maybe meet up with Logan in the hall? He'll be in his shorts....

Marie scrambled off the couch and hurried for the stairs.



Dear Diary...no, no one writes that anymore...let me think....

"Rogue, babe, we're going swimming. Why don't you come down?" Jubilee picked up her towel and waited.

Marie glanced at her. Jubilee was in a red, barely there swimsuit that was certain to have Remy's eyes popping. "Ah can't. Ah've got to think of something to cook for Logan tomorrow." Her eyes narrowed. "Hey, aren't you supposed to be in the kitchen cooking for Remy?"

"Yeah, well, I told him seven so he went into town. I've got plenty of time."

"J., it's six now."

"Plenty of time, Rogue. Let me worry about Remy."

"No, Ah can't go this time."

Jubilee shrugged. "Okay."

She'd been gone five minutes when there was a knock on the door.

"It's open."

Jean Grey stepped in. "Hi. Where's Jubilee?"

"At the pool. Ah tried to tell her to go to the kitchen..."

"Remy won't be back until seven-thirty, so she'll be okay. I knew she'd put it off until the last minute." Jean sat on one of the beds. "But that's not the reason I stopped by. Ororo's gone and I'm dying to tell someone."

Marie turned in her chair. The woman seemed excited about something.

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh, Jean, how wonderful! When are you due?"

"January. I told Scott as soon as I got back from seeing my doctor."

"Was he happy?"

"Ecstatic. He wants us to run away and get married tonight."

"Why don't you?"

"I want everyone there." She gestured to the paper Marie had in front of her. "I've interrupted you, so I'll let you get back to work. Don't forget tomorrow."

"Ah won't. Ah'm still trying to decide what to fix."

"It'll come to you." Jean left, shutting the door behind her.

I'm happy for them. Jean'll make a good mother. Now...what do I want to fix for Logan? Something he'll like, but what does he like besides steak and beer? He'll eat just about anything, but what would he like?



Remy LeBeau sat at the table. "Now, P'tite, what sort of delicacy did you whip up `specially for Remy?"

The smoke alarm went off.

Jubilee smiled seraphically. "There's the timer now. Let me go fix you a plate."

His smile faded. What had he gotten himself into?

Jubilee was back in a moment, setting a plate before him with relish.

"Ta-da!"

Remy blinked. It looked like it had once been a chicken breast....

Tentatively, he sawed off a bite and put it in his mouth before he could lose his nerve.

"Is something wrong, Remy?" Jubilee placed her chin in her hand and regarded him with wide eyes.

He chewed in vain on that bite of burned chicken--charred actually. Had she been trying to cremate the poor chicken? "Hate to break it to you, Cher, but dis ain't Cajun cooking."

"Sure it is."

"Non."

"Yup. Burned and spicy. Cajun."

His stomach growled loudly as he contemplated the mess on his plate. "Dis all you fix, P'tite?"

"Isn't it any good? I slaved over it all afternoon to make it just like home for you."

Her lower lip trembled ominously and Remy hurried to take another bite, making exaggerated `it's wonderful' expressions until she smiled again.

"Jubilation Lee!" Jean's voice came from the kitchen and Jubilee looked at the door in alarm.

"Uh...yeah?"

Jean stormed through the doorway. "Tell me you didn't...you did. You fed poor Remy here that mess in the pan. I oughtta flunk you for that. Get in there and get that plate you have stashed in the oven."

Remy sat back and waited.

Jubilee, lower lip in a pout, took his old plate and returned a minute later with a new one, the chicken perfectly roasted and nothing burned. She brought out rolls and a salad and steamed vegetables. "Don't get any idea that I like you or nothing." She muttered when Jean had left them.

"Remy never dare to dream dat." Warily, he took a bite. "Wow, P'tite, you can cook."

"Don't tell anyone. It'll ruin my rep for being lazy and I'll actually have to cook for myself occasionally."

"Remy not tell...if you cook for him once a week."

"That's blackmail."

"Good food too, Cher, like dis, or de deal's off."

She snorted. "Fine."

"Deal?"

"Deal."

He reached across the table and they shook on it.



Logan was shooting pool again, this time against Scott, and for once, they weren't bickering.

Will wonders never cease?

Marie sat on a couch and propped her feet up, watching them. The room was otherwise deserted; Ororo had taken a group of younger kids in to see a movie and several of the kids her own age were out on dates.

I wonder how Jubilee is doing in the kitchen with Remy. She likes him, she knows she does, she just won't admit it.

"Hey Rogue." Scott called out. "Wanna join us?"

"Ah'd rather just watch. Ah'm not that good."

Logan snorted. "According to who? You're as good as either of us. Eight. Side." He aimed and put the eight ball in the side pocket. "Hell, Scooter, looks like I win again."

"I'm a little distracted, so don't be getting cocky."

"What could possibly be distracting you?" He set up another game.

Jean, I bet. He's worried about Jean. She's healthy though.

"Haven't you heard, Logan?"

"What? About you knocking Jeannie up? That's old news."

"Old news? We just found out this morning."

"She's had that baby powder smell for the last month; it gave her away."

Marie got up and moved towards them. "Baby powder?"

Logan handed her Scott's cue and motioned for her to break. "Baby powder. Pregnant women always smell like baby powder. Don't ask me to explain, they just do. Trust me."

Scott took his cue back from Rogue. "She doesn't want to play, Logan."

Marie looked at Logan, her body warming as his gaze slid slowly down her and back up.

"Of course she wants to play and I want to play with her."

It's not what he says, but the way he's saying it. I'm getting very warm....

Scott glanced back and forth at them, then grinned. "Yeah. Okay. You two play with each other; I'm gonna go grade essays."

As soon as he was gone, Logan set his cue aside. "Wanna play with me, Marie?"

"Yes." She blurted out, then clapped a hand over her mouth, horrified.

What's he gonna think of me? Shit, Marie, why don't you just come right out and say `Logan, take me up to your room and rock me all night long, `cause I need to be fucked by you before I go insane with wanting'?

Her hand dropped slowly.

He took a step closer to her and looked down at her. Flushed cheeks, wide eyes and a pouting, sensuous mouth; everything a man could want or need. Logan drew one white streak loosely around a finger and leaned down slightly. "Good, Darlin', `cause I wanna play with you so bad it hurts." Kissing her ear where her hair covered it, he whispered, "Whenever you're ready. Take your time though; I'm not goin' anywhere."

He...he...he wants me, he really wants me! What do I do? I don't believe it, he wants me too! He...oh he smells heavenly....

"Oh! I'm sorry! Rogue, girl, I need advise, like now!"

I'm going to kill Jubilee and bury her body in the woods.

"We'll do this later." Logan released her and sauntered past an agitated Jubilee.

"Ah hope this is good, J."

Jubilee glanced around, then grabbed her arm. "Not here. Our room. No one can overhear this."

Once in their room, the door locked and a chair under the knob, which Marie thought was a little excessive, but hey, it's Jubilee, the girl sank onto one bed.

"I've got to cook for Remy once a week now."

"So? Big deal. Is that why you dragged me away from having the best time of my life?"

"No, I dragged you away because he kissed me."

"Logan?"

"No! You've got Logan on the brain too much, chica."

"Gee, Ah wonder why?"

"Remy. Remy kissed me. He kissed me and I liked it and I kissed back...."

Marie crossed her arms. "Ah'm guessing there's a `and then we' part coming up."

"You'd be right. There's a big `and then we' part coming up."

"So? What happened? Were you playing doctor or something?"

Jubilee's eyes got very wide. "He told you?"

"Now when did Remy have a chance to talk to me?"

"Oh. Yeah."

"What happened?"

"He started spouting poetry."

"Uh-huh?" She waited. Surely there was more than that.

"In French!"

Okay, now I have grounds for killing her. She drags me away from Logan because Remy started murmuring poetry in French at her.

"You know what French does to me!"

Marie stared at her blankly.

"Rogue! It's like giving Logan a bucket full of oysters! French, anything said in the language, gets me revving!"

"He always speaks French, J."

"I know!"

"Oysters?"

"They're aphrodisiacal. Get it? Logan, aphrodisiac..."

"Yeah, Ah get it. Does it work? The oysters, Ah mean."

"Hell if I know, they taste funny." Jubilee pulled her legs up. "We went out onto the patio and he was nuzzling me and speaking French and..." She bit her lip. "I sort of let him put his hands..." Jubilee made a sweeping gesture over her entire body with one hand. "You know."

"You let him feel you up."

"Among other things."

"Other..." Marie suddenly realized just what her friend was telling her. "J.! You let him..."

"Oh yeah." She looked over at Rogue. "That guy has magic fingers, I tell you, Roguey."

"Are you gonna let him do it again?"

"Wouldn't you? I mean if Logan did it with you wouldn't you want him to again?"

"Ah suppose."

"You would, you know you would." She shrugged. "What do I do? I can't play hard to get; he wouldn't buy it, not after...."

"Talk to him. Ah think Remy'll listen. He may be a badass, but he really likes you."

"You think?"

"Yes. Ah know so."

Jubilee nodded. "Okay. I'll talk to him. But not tonight.

Promise you won't leave me alone here tonight. No sneaking off to Logan's room."

"Ah wouldn't sneak..."

"No, you wouldn't; I stand corrected. You'd sashay down there and walk in like you had every right to be there."

Well, I do. Maybe I'll wait until she's asleep...

"And don't even think of leaving while I'm asleep."

Damn. How does she do that? I know she's not psychic. Is she?

Marie resigned herself to a night of reading Jubilee's teen magazines.



Logan settled into one chair at the table and waited for Marie to notice him.

"Hi."

Marie composed herself, or tried to rather, it was still very difficult to remember to even breath around him. "Hi. Ah've got it all cooked if you're ready."

"Anytime you are, Darlin'." He eyed her warmly. "What did you cook for me?"

"Well, Ah thought and thought and decided on something simple." Marie went into the kitchen and returned with a plate in one hand and a six-pack of beer in the other. She set both before him.

Logan looked at the steak, which was thick and covered the entire plate, then at her, raising a brow.

"Oh Darlin'," He purred, "You know what I like."

Marie smiled.



"How's it going in here--" Jean pushed through the door and stopped, her eyes wide.

Rogue and Logan were hastily pushing their clothes back into some semblance of order and they had obviously been on the table: the tablecloth was scrunched up and the flower arrangement scattered over the table and the floor. Logan's plate was empty, the sight of raw meat juices causing her stomach to do flips.

"Never mind." Jean backed into the kitchen and went to the stove.

All Rogue had cooked was a large t-bone steak.

"Huh."

Jean grunted.

I guess Jubilee was right: the way to Logan's heart was by tossing him a raw steak.

Imagine that.

Grunting again, she grabbed a cherry yogurt from the fridge, a jar of black olives from the pantry and left the kitchen, flipping the light off as she went out the door.

Mmm...yogurt and olives....

As an afterthought, she returned to the kitchen and took a can of whipped cream, a bottle of chocolate sauce and a jar of cherries. Arms laden, she started to her and Scott's suite.

Maybe a sundae was in order....
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1615