Tomorrow by aranenumenesse
Summary: Don’t go in there.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Dark
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 540 Read: 1582 Published: 05/01/2007 Updated: 05/01/2007

1. Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse

Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse
Author's Notes:
Don't know where this came from. *pulls a shotgun* Here, bunny-bunny-bunny...
”Logan?”

Oh, no, honey. Don’t go in there.

“Logan? Are you alright?”

He’ll be all right. Just leave, child.

“Logan, open this door.”

Just let him be. He’s hurting. There’s nothing you can do right now. Leave before it’s too late.

“Logan?”
“Go to sleep, kid. I’m… I’m fine.”

There. You heard him. Go.

“Please, let me in. I’m worried.”

Aren’t we all? Right now I’m more worried about you. I have seen what’s on the other side of that door.

“Go to sleep, kid.”
“Logan…”
“Go!”

Stop pestering him. Tomorrow everything’s okay. You can go to him tomorrow. Leave now.

“I’m coming in.”

Proud of yourself now, Wolverine? Proud of the way she picks that lock like it’s nothing? Just the way you taught her to do…

“Logan! What happened?”
“It’s nothing. Had a nightmare. I’m fine now. Go back to sleep…”

Leave. He’s starting to crack already. It’s not safe for you to be here.

“Bullshit. You’re sweating bullets. Come on, go and get cleaned up, I’ll change the sheets for you…”

You trust so easily to the beast crawling at your feet. Have you no fear? Have you no sense of danger? Leave when you still can. When he’s still able to let you go. Can’t you see the look on his face? The way he’s clasping his hands together?

“Kid… Go away. I’ll be just fine…”
“I’ll just throw these in to the hamper, remember to put it out in the morning, tomorrow’s laundry day…”

Stop. Just stop and leave. Before he recovers enough to stand up. Hurry. Can’t you see how he’s crawling after you on his hands and knees?

“I’ll draw you a bath. I know, I know… You’re not a bath-person per say, but it’ll help you to relax.”

Too late. He’s blocking the bathroom door. There’s nowhere to run.

“Marie…”

Don’t! Don’t touch him!

“It’s okay… I’m here for you. It was just a dream, they can’t get you anymore. You’re safe…”

You’re so naïve. Can’t you feel how he’s trembling? How those hands slide over your body? Do you have any idea what he’s asking?

“Marie… I…”
“Hush… It’s okay… It’ll be okay. Just let it out. Let it all out…”

You think you’re ready. Ready for what’s about to happen. So confidant. You really think your skin will protect you? Protect you from the animal?

“Logan, watch it. You almost touched… Logan!”
“I need you. I need you, Marie. Let me…”
“Logan!”
“Stop struggling. I don’t want to hurt you…”



You should have left.

Look at you now. Torn and broken. Leave before he finishes that shower. Just get up and walk out. You can do it. Get up. Get up…

Too late.

“Come on. Get up. Take a shower and come to bed.”
“Logan… I… Why?”

He doesn’t have the answers. Nobody has. It happened. Stop arguing and do as he tells you to. Tomorrow things will be better.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1526