Never Make a Wookie Angry by akscully
Summary: Charles ruminates on stubborn mutants, problems they face and mansion repairs
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Journals Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2139 Read: 2739 Published: 09/01/2001 Updated: 09/01/2001

1. Never Make a Wookie Angry by akscully

Never Make a Wookie Angry by akscully
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Eilla who alerted me to some problems with the ending. Major thanks to Ally who read through this sucker many times, making invaluable comments on the style and helping me capture a more "Professor-ish" tone. She's not only a great beta, but a good friend. Oh, and Wookies are from 'Star Wars'.
June 30

7:30 a.m.

I awoke this morning to an explosion. It appears that Jubilee became angry with Bobby again and a typical argument ensued. I have scheduled another appointment with them in the hopes of resolving the issue and saving the time and expense of constantly repairing the walls.

8:30 a.m.

I had breakfast with Scott, Jean and Ororo. I'm rather tired of scrambled eggs. Ororo seemed unusually distracted. She seemed to focus intently on Logan and Rogue as they walked into the dining area. This was most unusual as, normally, Ororo appears to make a deliberate attempt to not pry into her teammates' lives. Jean sighed at Rogue's appearance. Scott may have giggled.

Perhaps Ororo is not the only one distracted. This new hobby that my team leaders have taken up warrants some action on my part, I believe. Although it is amusing to see grown men and women act like adolescents watching a romantic television program, I wouldn't want it to get out of hand.

I must admit, I've always noticed the close bond Logan and Rogue have had, but thought little of it. With the past that they share, I thought it was to be expected. So many of the team members are concerned about the relationship, however, that I have begun to reassess my evaluation. Perhaps it would be best to take a closer look at Logan and Rogue and their relationship as well.

All in the interest of team welfare, of course.

12:00 p.m.

I met with Bobby and Jubilee. Nothing more than what I would call a small lovers' quarrel, although both would be sure to disagree about that characterization. I reminded Jubilee that her powers have increased and asked that she be more careful. I also warned Bobby that icicles are rarely an appropriate method of waking someone up.

Perhaps this time, both will actually listen to me. Unlikely, of course. The real issue here is that both refuse to admit their feelings. As long as both continue to act as though the proverbial elephant is not traipsing around the room, I fear that the mansion walls are in for some hard times.

1:30 p.m.

Mathematics class. Rogue was observing class for experience in student classroom dynamics. Her growing interest in teaching pleases me. I think Rogue would be an excellent teacher because of her mutation, ironically enough. Although her powers have given her much pain, she has gained great insight into the human psyche. I daresay that she understands the nuances of the human mind to an even greater degree than most telepaths. This understanding is vital in a teacher who wishes to succeed in both teaching and reaching their students on a personal level.

Logan passed by room-girls sighed. Distraction seems to be the order of the day. Why did Logan need to be in this wing of the school? He certainly has no business to take care of in this wing (i.e. the garage is not anywhere near here, nor is the Danger Room, etc.). To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing that would interest him on a personal level either. Logan never seemed overly concerned with learning the laws of physics or any of the more academic pursuits.

I did notice that after class, Logan immediately went to Rogue and they walked off together in serious discussion. Rogue looked quite upset, which worries me. Rogue tends to disappear when she is upset.

3:30 p.m.

Jean's appointment rescheduled to earlier time. The journal does seem to be helping her anger management issues, although she now seems fixated on Logan and Rogue's relationship. I caught something about it "being Scott's damn fault." How Scott is involved with this, I can only begin to wonder.

5:30 p.m.

Dinner with Ororo and Hank in dining area. Ororo was once again distracted by the appearance of Logan and Rogue. She caught notice of Remy, who gave her an intense look and then walked out of the room. Ororo's behavior certainly seems to be somewhat erratic of late. Perhaps an appointment with her is necessary.

I focused in on Logan and Rogue. They sat together in a corner table. Another serious discussion appeared to take place. I was reluctant to pry too deeply into their mental states; however, Rogue dumping her drink on Logan's head tested my resolve.

8:30 p.m.

Appointment with Rogue. She is progressing as well as can be expected. I cannot adequately express my admiration for her strength of character and determination to deal with what can only be described as a hellish experience. I marvel at her ability to recover. I did ask about the incident at dinner. She replied that Logan had made her angry and refused to discuss the matter further, despite my efforts to do so.

I could only say that dousing someone with Coke is usually an ineffective way to resolve problems.

11:00 p.m.

Another explosion occurred in the upper floors. I was tempted to just let Jean handle it. However, the students and this school are my responsibility. Shockingly enough, Bobby and Jubilee had another fight. I remanded Jubilee back into the custody of Kitty and Rogue and sternly told Bobby that serious consequences will result if he continues on this course.

Bobby is a pleasure to have as a member of the team. His pranks keep the mansion atmosphere quite lighthearted, but even I must admit that, at times, he can be rather dim.

June 31

7:30 a.m.

I was awakened by icicle in my ear. Mr. Drake will certainly have plenty of time to ruminate on my advice on inappropriate methods of waking someone up when he is cleaning the bathrooms on every floor for the next month.

8:30 a.m.

I breakfasted with Scott. We discussed various topics. He seemed intent on focusing on Logan and Rogue. I complimented him for no longer being concerned with Logan's interest in Jean. He replied (rather scornfully, I thought), "As if he even looks at Jean any more."

11:30 a.m.

Early lunch. Logan ate with me, and he seemed much quieter than his normally reticent self. When Rogue came in, he became noticeably more hostile, and his mental state was positively aggressive when she sat by St. John. Only by the fortuitous arrival of Hank, and his massive bulk, was I able to convince Logan to stay at the table. I told him in no uncertain terms that we needed to talk later in the evening.

1:30 p.m.

Mathematics class. Rogue was once again observing. Logan passed by the room three times. The classroom environment was completely disrupted. I am considering instituting a "shirt required" policy for Logan.

3:00 p.m.

I observed Logan's physical training in the Danger Room. He was quite angry. Logan is a very angry fellow normally, of course, given that his amnesia about his past was most likely deliberately caused for reasons unknown. However, I would say his anger stemmed less from his 'normal' issues than from Rogue's behavior yesterday and today at lunch. With my new awareness of their relationship, I would venture to say this is almost certainly the case.

The relationship between Logan and Rogue can be a confusing one. I honestly don't mind that they are so close. I believe that, given their respective backgrounds and current abilities, each provides the other with an anchor, a port in the storm, if you will. However, as with other (romantic?) relationships, dealing with one another can, at times, cause much pain and sorrow. Of course, if their relationship is truly a romantic one, a whole new level of angst would be added, especially if any romantic feelings are denied by both parties. One has only to look at Jubilee and Bobby.

Well, if Rogue and Logan take to behaving like those two, I certainly will take more serious action. I refuse to have the mansion damaged any further.

5:30 p.m.

I had dinner with Scott, Jean and Ororo. All were distracted by entrance of Logan and Rogue. Fortunately, the two seemed to have resolved their differences, judging from the lack of angry tension between them.

This time, I am sure that Scott giggled.

9:00 p.m.

Appointment with Logan. He seemed unwilling to discuss his fight with Rogue at first, but with some persistence on my part, he decided to speak a few words about it.

He seemed overly concerned with certain aspects of Rogue's life, especially her interaction with the unattached men in her life. He made the mistake of speaking to her about this during dinner last night. Knowing Logan's conversational style (if it indeed can be called that), it's a wonder Rogue only dumped her drink on Logan instead of embedding the glass in his skull.

I gently reminded him that Rogue needs to live her own life and make her own choices. Logan appeared to grudgingly accept this. I did make sure to congratulate him on resolving the problem with Rogue before dinner. He gave me a rather wolfish grin and told me the problem was that the "problem" was far from resolved.

How very curious. I suppose I now have confirmation that their relationship is a romantic one, albeit 'unresolved'.

July 1

1:24 a.m.

Awakened by loud thumping noises. Jean and Scott certainly are exuberant in their after-hours activities.

7:30 a.m.

A blessedly normal alarm clock woke me up.

8:30 a.m.

Breakfasted with Scott and Jean. The two of them could hardly keep from grinning the entire time.

When Logan and Rogue entered, the entire dining room erupted into cheers, applause and catcalls. The din was quickly silenced by glare from Logan and Rogue shrieking, "Nothing happened!" Dining room was quiet until Remy appeared with Ororo. Mayhem ensued.

A sudden and rather embarrassing (for a telepath with a degree in psychiatry) realization came to me-the thumping noises were not Jean and Scott, nor Logan and Rogue. They were made by Ororo and Remy. Oh dear. It is an...unusual pairing, to say the least. Still, there is much good that can come from it. Perhaps she will be able to break his unusual manner of speaking.

1:30 p.m.

Mathematics class. Rogue was observing again. Logan passed by four times. A massive uproar was left in his wake. Logan will definitely be required to wear a shirt.

All in the interest of team welfare, of course.



Logan shut the leather bound book with a snort. You'd think Chuck would hide his personal journal in a better spot, seeing as how he lived with a houseful of mutants with a wide range of talents-not all of which were related to their mutations. Never knew where one was going to pop up.

Like the one phasing through the wall right now. Kitty appeared in front of the bookcase. She arched an eyebrow at him and folded her arms across her chest, "May I ask what you're doing?"

Logan considered the woman standing in front of him. He couldn't tell her the truth. The best defense was a good offense, in his opinion. "What are you doing here?" Logan countered.

Apparently, it was a strategy she was employing as well. The eyebrow went higher. "Catching you reading," she paused as she tilted her head slightly to get a better look at the book in Logan's hand, "Professor Xavier's private journal." She paused again, then grinned. "Read anything good?"

Logan shrugged. "Bobby and Jubilee are in love, 'Ro and Remy are goin' at it like animals, and Scott is a woman."

Kitty sighed. "Stuff we already knew."

Logan frowned. "Plus, he wants me to wear shirts."

Kitty's lips twitched. "How traumatic for you-and the female population of the school."

Logan looked at her suspiciously. "You still haven't told me why you're here."

Kitty started looking around, picking up and looking at small items in the office, the ready lie falling easily from her lips. "Needed something from the Professor's office for the treasure hunt. And you still haven't told me why you're here, either."

Logan shifted uncomfortably. "Needed something too."

Kitty looked at him in astonishment. "You're doing the treasure hunt, too? How did that-no, wait," she said, holding up her hand. "I know. Boy, she sure has you whipped, doesn't she?"

Logan's eyes narrowed as he moved toward her threateningly. "What did you say?"

Kitty shrank back as he advanced toward her. It wasn't wise to upset Logan. Bobby, yes. But Bobby never looked like he was going to rip your arms off. Suddenly, an image from one of her favorite movies floated before her eyes and she grinned. Who would have thought that Logan was Chewbacca with only slightly less hair?

"What's so damn funny?" Logan growled, practically on top of her.

Kitty laughed as she began to phase through the wall.

"Always let the Wookie win."
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1514