Changing Means Everything by black widow
Summary: Well, it's like the title says. Sometimes changing means everything. Even if you really don't want too.
Categories: X3 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 8686 Read: 24137 Published: 03/28/2007 Updated: 04/11/2007

1. Chapter 1 by black widow

2. Chapter 2 by black widow

3. Chapter 3 by black widow

4. Chapter 4 by black widow

5. Chapter 5 by black widow

6. Chapter 6 by black widow

Chapter 1 by black widow
Author's Notes:
Well, I'm starting to wonder if maybe I like Angst too much. I also think I'm starting to see a pattern in my writting. Logan leaves, Rogue cries and then someone helps her get better. Egh! I think I should CHANGE (haha play on words) that!
“Logan! You can’t leave God Damn it!” I screamed at him as I throw one of my black boots up against the wall. Tears spilling down my face as I try to convince him not to leave me this time. He just looks at me with those eyes filled with regret and grabs his duffel bag and turns to walk out of our room.

“If you walk out that door, then don’t even bother coming back!” I scream at him, hoping against hope that this time he will take my threat seriously and won’t leave on some stupid quest trying to find the past he just can’t remember. He stops for a moment, considering what I’ve said, unfortunately for him he doesn’t seem to believe me and sighs and yanks open the door.

I just sit there on the floor, tears running down my face. Not believing that once again he left me for some stupid lead that the Professor had found for him. I wrap my arms around my legs and continue to cry into my lap. Ever since Jean died, Logan has been leaving time and time again in search of his long lost past. At first I didn’t mind too much, I figured it was just his way of mourning Jeans death and that eventually it would stop. I was wrong, instead it just got worse. Now instead of leaving for a few days a week maybe, he leaves for months at a time, and I personally can’t stand the looks from all of the people in this house. It’s just too much to bear any more.


“Rogue? Are you okay?” It happens every time, Logan leaves and Scott helps me pick up the pieces. It took Scott nearly a year to get over his wife’s death, but he finally over come it, accepted it to say the least.

“I told him that if he left this time….” I paused, the knowledge of what Logan’s leaving really meant. But I continued to tell Scott anyways, “I told him, if he left this time there was no coming back. I can’t do this anymore Scott. I mean look at me! I’m a complete mess and he doesn’t even give a flying fuck!” I almost scream my last sentences at him, I’m so angry I just want to take it out on someone, any one.

“I know this is not what you want to hear, but I’m glade you finally had the courage to do it. He’s a bastard Marie. He only cares about himself,” I silent tears start to roll down my cheeks, he’s right. I am a coward and he is a bastard.

“He cared about Jean, I guess he only ever truly loved her!” and then I starting crying historically again into Scott’s shirt making wet spots as I cried into his shoulder.

“It doesn’t matter now, she’s….she’s gone and there’s nothing any one can do about it,” those words coming out of his mouth made me realize who I was talking to. He didn’t even deny the fact that Logan loved Jean more than me.

“What am I going to do Scott?” I asked looking up in to his ruby covered glasses, the tears had stopped but my face stilled carried the trails they left behind.

“Accept it and move on,” his voice was cold as he said it, but I only nodded knowing he was right. I couldn’t make Logan stop loving Jean and start loving me, even if she was dead or not.

Scott helped me up from my sitting position and led me to my bathroom. He turned on the tub and filled it with hot water and the bubble bath mixture that sat on the side. In the past year and a half that Logan and I had been together, Scott would always pick me up after Logan would leave. It became almost a ritual for us; sometimes I hated the fact that Scott had to pick me at all. But I cherished the moments. I undressed and slowly placed my self in the warm bath, leaning my head up against the porcelain edge. I closed my eyes for a moment and then opened them. Scott was sitting on the toilet watching me.

“So how did you get over it?” I asked him, he seemingly knowing what I was talking about, scrunched up his eyebrows and frowned slightly.

“I guess it was just easier for me because I know she’s gone and won’t be coming back. For you, it won’t be because he will always come back and he will be a constant reminder of what you lost,” Scott stated sadly as he looked at me.

“You can’t lose something Scott if you’ve never had it at all,” we both sighed knowing it was the truth. I never really had Logan, I just had an outline of what I had hoped was for real.

“I want you to up my Danger Room sessions, I’m tired of being afraid all the time, of being weak.” It was a statement not a request and Scott just nodded his reply, knowing it was just part of the healing process.

“I’ll add another three hour session in the Danger Room at six tomorrow morning, anything else,” he added.

“Yea can you find me an empty room; this one is too big for me. I think it’s kinda silly for a single girl to have a couple’s suite, don’t ya think?” I asked him with a small smile, you know I’m kinda starting to like this. It’s time for a change.
Chapter 2 by black widow
Author's Notes:
This one is longer than the opening. But it's got a tad bit more action, but mostly its just a filler. So will the next one. But it will eventually start getting better. Promise!
The next morning I met Scott down in the Danger Room for the start of my new sessions. Apparently Scott had made this time for his own personally training, but was kind enough to share his alone time with me.

We ran through a couple of sims fairly quickly so that Scott could see where I was at in my training. Logan had been my trainer and now since I really don’t want to be with him any more I think Scott has quietly taken over that position.

“Scott I told you, I am more advanced than the rest of the Junior X-men. The only reason why the Professor hadn’t put me on the team yet is because Logan is way too protective of me when it comes to this kind of stuff.” Scott was trying to get me to do hand to hand combat with him. Apparently he hadn’t noticed that the only person who has trained me is Logan and well Logan doesn’t really fight nicely. I know it probably would sound lame if I told this to Scott, but I didn’t really want to hurt the guy just to prove a point.

“I know you’re more advanced Rogue. I can read that in your chart and by looking at all of the old training videos. But this is how I teach; I can’t really see where to work with you if you I personally don’t experience it. I am a more show me kinds of person.” He told me with a smirk and got down into a fight stance.

“Fine,” I huffed at him as I too got into a fight stance opposite him, “but if I hurt you I don’t want to hear anything about it okay?” He just nodded at me, probably not taking in a word that I was saying. I just rolled my eyes and started to study him like Logan told me to do.

I noticed he favors his left side which means his right is probably the best angle to attack at. We had started to circle one another looking for openings and weaknesses and as we did so a smile started to spread across my face.

“What’s so funny?” He asked me still crouched and circling.

“This,” I told him as I attacked his right side just like I had planned. I grabbed his arm and twisted it back against his back pulling him towards me, trying to push his body to the ground. Unfortunately for me I didn’t really assess my opponent properly and with a little more effort than he usually uses managed to break from my hold.

“Very nice Mr. Summers,” I mocked him. I don’t ever call him that unless I was in his class.

“I under estimated you Rogue, I didn’t think you would keep this matter a formal affair,” I just grinned at him, he wasn’t going to congratulate me just yet on beating him.

“Well apparently it comes from being from the South, you know southern charms and all,” it was something Scott had always joked to me about. I was the only girl at the mansion who was from the South and everyday at breakfast he would make some wise crack about it. Such as; did you really used to ride horses to school? So seen any good cattle driving lately? and of course his most favorite was making fun of the fact that I really didn’t have any southern hospitality within me at all.

This time Scott attacked me. He just ran straight at me and grabbed me around the middle to pull me down with him. However before he managed to put me down, I rolled and maneuvered my self on top of him just sat on his back.

“Uh…now I know why guys like to be back here so much. What a view!” I started to giggle at my own silly remark and Scott even started laughing.

“Well, hate to break it to you Rogue, but not every guy likes coming in from behind,” and with that he pushed up and I flopped down on the ground with ‘umph’ but I did recover quickly.

“So how about we stop the small talk and get this little session over with shall we?” Scott just nodded his head in agreement and lunged at him. At first I made it look like I was going to punch him in the face but I dropped half way through and swept his legs out from under him.

Scott fell on his back but he managed to flip himself back up and punch me in the face, which actually hurt. I was so shocked that Scott Summers, oh fearless leader, actually punched a girl. I smiled a wide toothy smile and slugged him back. We started fist fighting for a while, and then eventually kicking was added. Scott was good, very good; he blocked most of my punches and kicks. But apparently he still did under estimate me. I finally decided to take him out. I was getting bored with this little fight. So I grabbed his arm and flipped him over my back, moved towards his body, flipped him on to his stomach and pinned him to the ground.

“So ya gonna give up or am I gonna have to keep kicking your ass till you can’t feel it any more?” I whispered into his ear as he tried to struggle out of my hold.

“Fine, fine I give, I give. Now get of me,” I smiled at him and pulled back and let him push himself off the ground.

“Told ya I was advanced for my age and I told you I would probably hurt ya too,” I smirked at him as I noticed the faint traces of bruises starting to appear across his body.

“Well you don’t look all that hot you’re self,” Scott nodded to me and he went to the side of the mats we were fighting on to grab his water. I realized after he said that, that I could feel my eye aching a little.

“Lucky shot,” was all I said as I moved to get up from the ground.

“Whatever, but now that I know you are really advanced, I would like to talk to the professor about you maybe joining the big kid team,” I smirked at him and walked over to him and picked up my towel and water bottle.

“Sure, whatever you say Captain,” I winked at him and made my way to the locker rooms.

After I showered and finished dressing I met up with Scott in the hall way and we went to go get breakfast together. When we entered a couple of people starred at us in confusion. First I couldn’t figure out what they were staring at until Scott poked my eye.
“Ow! Hey that actually hurt you rocks for brains!” I huffed at him as I slugged his arm, he grabbed it and said ‘ow’ like I had, but he just kept smiling at me as we sat down for breakfast.

“Scott, Rogue what happened to your faces?” Storm asked worriedly from across the table.

“Well, you see Ororo, I kicked Scott’s ass in the Danger Room so he’s got like a ton of bruises and cuts all over his body, and well my eye, and you see he got one lucky shot in before I took his ass to the ground.” I told her with a smile while Scott just put his head in his hands, apparently completely humiliated at the thought that a junior x-man kicked his ass.

“Is that true Scott?” Storm asked trying not to laugh at him.

“Yes, okay, Rogue kicked my ass in the Danger Room! Now will some one please pass me the butter!” He told the crowded table in clear agitation. Storm and I just started laughing at him. But by then however he was too so it didn’t really matter.

“Oh speaking of beating Scott up, Professor, is there any more empty single rooms?” I asked him as casually as possible. At this point a couple of people stopped eating at my request.

“Yes Rogue, your old room is still available, would you like for me to have some box’s sent up to your room?” He asked me, I knew he probably already knew what was going on or he would have asked more questions.

“Yes please, if you wouldn’t mind,” I thanked him and continued eating my breakfast.

“Oh and Professor,” Scott said, “may I have a word with you after breakfast or when ever you available?”

“I already know about that Scott and yes she can join, I’ve been trying to get her to join for over a year. I am glade she has finally decided to join the X-men; I’ve already got her new suite being made as we speak.” He told Scott with a smile and finished his oatmeal and orange juice and left the table.

“Soooo….Roguey,” I heard Jubilee say from a few chairs down, “why do you need a single room?

“Because, I don’t think I need all that space. I mean it’s just me there so I think I’ll have the Professor turn it into a large dorm room,” I told her matter of fact as I continued eating my toast.

“Yea but what about Wolvie?” she asked me in complete confusion.

“What about him? I think he is quite old enough to find a room all by himself, don’t ya think?” I questioned her as I drank some of my milk.

“Did something happen last night that I am totally not aware of?” Jubilee asked, the rest of the room had gone quite and all paying attention to me.

“Oh you mean me and Logan not being together anymore? Oh yea your totally not aware,” and at least two forks dropped after what I had just said.

“Well, at least now I know why you need a single room,” Jubilee said with a smile and finished her cereal. I turned my head to Scott who was looking at me intently; I just gave him a big smile and finished off my drink. You know I think changing is looking pretty good right about now.
Chapter 3 by black widow
Author's Notes:
Moving in, moving out! Another part of the changing experience!
After Scott and I finished off our breakfast we went back to mine and Logan’s old room. At first I was a little hesitant to go in, feeling like I wouldn’t be able to finish my mission if I went in there and remembered all of the times Logan and I spent long evenings just staring at each other. But Scott’s hand on the small of my back reassured me that this is exactly what I want. I don’t need the Wolverine picking me up and then just dropping me whenever he felt the need to! Damn him I deserve better than that! So with my head held high and my back straight, I planted a big smile on my face.

Scott opened to door and we found a small pile of boxes with a couple of rolls of boxing tape next to them. For the next two hours Scott and I sorted out all of mine and Logan’s things putting both in different boxes. Mine all had M’s and there designation (like bb for bathroom and br for bedroom) and on Logan’s I just put a simple L.

After we finished packing I had Scott and two other recruits (who were just lucky enough to want extra credit and were walking by my room) help me move my stuff to the single room I would be living in next to Scott. After Jean’s death, Scott couldn’t stand being in the room that they had shared so many memories together and in the end it was just easier to move out.

“God Rogue how much stuff do you have?” asked Bobby as he carried in another box to my new room.

“Compared to how much stuff Jubilee has, not that much,” we all laughed and Bobby went back to the old room to get more boxes while I stayed and continued to unpack them.

“You know I really think Bobby and I could have lived without the extra credit now that I know what I am really doing,” Pete a.k.a Colossus said as he brought in three boxes, I guess extra strength comes in handy once in awhile.

“Well, technically I should have Scott give you more extra credit than Bobby seeing as how you are bring more stuff in than he is.”

“Hey I heard that! And any ways it’s not my fault that I don’t have super strength, all I can do is make pretty ice sculptures,” I just rolled my eyes at him. I am glade that after our break up we were able to still be friends in the long run. He really is a funny guy once he starts to relax around people and that’s what I love about him.

“I think that’s it Rogue, anything else we can help you do? You know maybe build the whole room for you?” Scott mocked at me as he brought in the last of my boxes.

“Naw that’s okay Scott I already had the Professor do it for me this morning, no worries” I waved at him and laughed, it was so nice to just be able to laugh like that. Not having to think about what I was really doing. I mean I am saying pretty much to the love of my life ‘fuck off’ in capital letters. I am so glade I have friends who care and are willing to back me up 100% no matter what the case.

“Okay then we will let you finish unpacking and see you later okay?” I gave him a small sad smile and nodded my reply. Then Scott motioned for the other’s to leave as well and I could hear Bobby asking Scott down the hallway how much extra credit he would be receiving for this and I couldn’t help but giggle just a little. God I really did love those guys.

After I finished unpacking my room I laid on my bed for what felt like hours just thinking things over. I stared blankly up at the ceiling trying to convince my self that this is what was for the best. But my heart felt like it was breaking into tiny little bits, slowly and very painfully. After I got tired of just thinking I noticed that since this morning Danger Room session plus moving out, that my body ached all over. So I decided to make me a big bubble bath, you know the kind were there seems to be more bubble than actually water. Yea that sounded just about right.

So I gathered my robe and CD player and filled the tub up with the bubble bath Ororo had given me for Christmas last year. It smelled just like home during the summer time when my mama would bake apple pie and set it out to cool on the window and me and my best friend Kara at the time could smell it from the backyard swings. That’s exactly what it reminded me off. When I had first smelt it in the common room after opening it, I almost started crying because it brought back so many good memories. Storm was completely confused until I told her it was the absolute perfect gift I had ever received from a friend.

Then I explained to her why it meant so much and she just seemed to shrug and said “Well it just smelled like you when you first arrived here so that’s why I bought it for you,” and the rest of the day I would take small sniffs of it when no one was looking. So now when ever I just need to relax I pull it out and use it. It’s my special kind and that just relaxes my entire body. However usually afterwards I have a huge craving for apple pie and make like two as soon as I’m done. But for right now I just need to soak and listen to my music and drift off to sleep.

About an hour later I was awoken up by a soft taping on my bathroom door. I had apparently fallen asleep and my CD had stopped playing and all of the bubbles had dissipated and the water had turned cold.

“Oh…Uh….just a minute,” I told the person at the door as I climbed out of the tub and wrapped my self up in my robe. When I opened the door Jubilee and Kitty were on the other side.

“Well, I’m glad you up Chica because we totally want the down low on what happened between you and Mr. I’m too good to be true! Because well I need to make sure that the correct gossip is spread around,” Jubilee told me as if this was her mission in life. I looked from Jubilee to Kitty who just smiled up at me.

“Hey! I’m just here to back up the story when people start talking about it,” she told me holding her hands up in the air in complete surrender. I just rolled my eyes and huffed.

“Okay, okay I’ll give you the details,” we moved over to my new bed and I proceeded to tell them all of the events that had ensued since last night.

After about forty-five minutes later I had Jubilee’s mouth open and Kitty looked like she was going to cry, she was always a hopeful romantic.

“And you know what? I don’t even think he believes that what I said was true, just wait he’ll come waltzing in to the mansion in say a month or so and will walk into our old room and see all of his shit in boxes and be like ‘what the fuck’? And then he’ll spend another twenty minutes or so looking for me and then start screaming and hollering at me like I was the one who was crazy!” I just rolled my eyes and waited for one of them to respond.

“What a JERK! I mean how dense do you really have to be to just walk out when your girls on the floor crying and begging you to stay and then tells you if you leave he might as well not come back!” Jubilee told me in complete shock, apparently everyone believed that mine and Logan’s relationship was all peaches and cream. Well welcome to the real world sweethearts because guess what? He really is a fucking ass!

“Well, I’m telling you just you wait; when he comes back he’ll be completely confused and well start yelling at me telling me I’m the crazy one. But you know what I don’t really care any more. I don’t need him to make me happy and I surely don’t need to be in half of a relationship, me being the only half of this relationship.”

“Jeez…Rogue we had no idea that this was going on. I mean you always seemed so happy and well we just thought that Logan leaving every couple of months or weeks was just something that you two had worked out and understood. So I guess no one ever really suspected anything. Well, except for Scott that is,” Kitty said as she looked at her hands.

“Yea really some best friends we are,” Jubilee huffed out as she put her chin on her knees.

“Don’t worry about it guys, it’s over and there’s no need to worry about it, it was just time for a change that’s all,” I told them reassuringly.

“Yea I guess so, everyone changes in the end,” Jubilee said looking at me.

“Yea I guess change is everything,” Kitty mumbled to me.

“Yea it all has to do with changing,” well I hope at least.
Chapter 4 by black widow
Author's Notes:
More action in this one!
Two months, Logan hadn’t come home in two month’s. Good thing I never stopped caring, and anyways it had been a good two months. Scott and I had had started practicing constantly in the Danger Room and finally today was the day I would go on my every first ‘official’ mission. Apparently the Statue of Liberty and the events that happened to me which eventually caused Jean Grey’s death didn’t count. So her I was in the briefing room standing next to Storm as we listened to Scott debrief us on what was to aspire.

“Apparently,” Scott stated as he motioned towards the three-d map, “since Magneto is currently unavailable, the Brotherhood has decided to continue there strike towards Mutant empowerment. They are currently heading to Washington to kidnap the President and Vice President. We will be dividing up into two teams. Storm will lead one which will have Iceman and Jubilee, while I will lead the other with Rogue, Shadow Cat and Colossus. My team’s mission will be to protect the President at all cost and make sure he makes it to his safe house unharmed. Storm’s team will do the same for the Vice President. Now everyone this is no time for fancy tricks or anything like that. This is a serious matter and I want this to go as smoothly as possible. Everyone meet at the Black Bird in five minutes. Thank you.”

I looked at Storm after Scott had finished his speech, she gave me a soft smile and a pat on the shoulder and we all continued our trek to the Blackbird. Once we were all seated I started to feel slightly nervous. I never really liked the Blackbird personally. Especially since I was thrown from it once already, then I had to personally land it which caused it to some how malfunction which lead to the death of Jean Grey. Okay so I’ve never had a good experience with the Blackbird so sue me. Jubilee was sitting next to me and gave a reassuring smile and then held my hand as the jet lifted off.

It took us only thirty minutes to get to Washington thanks in part to the fact that we have our own personal jet. Once there we had to land pretty far from the White House, you know whole no fly zone thing. Anyways we made our way to the White House and we split into our teams and with the help from the Professor my team was quickly escorted to the oval office.

“Mr. President,” Scott stated, “we the X-men believe you and the Vice President are in serious danger and we would like to escort you to one of your safe houses while the matter is being handled.”

“What do you mean you believe? What about the Vice President? And don’t you think that if something was wrong my people would know about it?” The President questioned us behind his large oak desk.

“We have had information passed to us saying that this attack should be taking place at any moment, the Vice President is being taken care of as we speak with the other half of our team.” Scott told him with a reassuring tone and a nod to the head as he directed from Colossus and I to lead him out of the office to one of his safe houses.

“Do not worry Mr. President, I have already talked to your chief of Security and he also believes that you are in danger. He is preparing the other arrangements for your departure.” Cyclopes told the President as Shadowcat and Colossus walked on either side of the President and I followed from behind.

“Hey! Who said you get to take the President with you?” Said the load voice of a woman from behind me. I turned and noticed it was a blonde woman dressed in a green outfit that I recognized from some where.

“Cyclopes take the others and go I’ll keep her occupied,” I told him as I walked towards the woman.

“See you in a minute Rogue,” Cyclopes said over my shoulder as he continued to help escort the President from the building.

“Please! You can’t possibly keep Ms. Marvel occupied for to long. I mean look at you. What are you? Fifteen, please!” The woman scoffed at me, now I remember from one of Magneto’s memories. Carol Danvers a.k.a. Ms. Marvel, super-strength, invulnerability and the ability of flight. Just fucking great! I can’t beat her by just hand to hand combat, good job!

“Excuse me, but I’m twenty now and please aren’t you just a tad bit to old to be playing super hero. I mean come on you’ve got to be like what forty?” See I knew having Magneto in my head would come in handy one day. Apparently Ms. Marvel has a small pet peeve when it comes to her looks and age.

“ERRRR….you stupid little bitch!” She screamed at me and half flying half running charged me. She tackled me and then picked up my body and through me out the window. I crashed into one of the trees, splintering it as it broke my fall.

“Fuck!” I grumbled out as I slowly got back up on to my feet.

“Think you can still keep me occupied now?” She smirked at me as she floated in front of me mockingly.

“Who said I was done yet?” I asked her and spit some blood on to the ground and decided now was a pretty good time to take of my leather gloves. Fucking show her what keeping occupied means to Rogue.

“Fine be that way, but if you die don’t say I didn’t warn you,” She told me with a bright smile, I just laughed at her.

“What’s so funny?” She asked me getting ready to attack me again.

“You think I’m going to die, now that was just priceless, you know with your old age and all,” I told her as I continued to giggle my hand covering my mouth. I just did it to annoy the fuck out of her. Make her forget exactly how powerful I really am.

“Why you…” She screamed at me and grabbed my wrist, and that’s all I needed before she started to scream her lungs out. Then I started to notice that she wasn’t letting go and I couldn’t get her to let go. That’s when I started to scream too as the life of Carol Danvers filled my mind. However some moments later the Carol’s personality was too much to handle and I slipped into the welcoming darkness.

When I started to come to all I could see, feel and remember was that was Carol Danvers. I screamed in terror as I realized, me, Carol or Rogue, I couldn’t remember was dead.

“Rogue! Are you okay? Stop screaming, Hank!” I knew that voice, it was a male’s voice, I just couldn’t place him.

“Oh Scott she’s awake,” a blue, wait blue!? Yes a blue man said to the familiar one. Scott was that his name? That’s a nice name.

“My dear how are you feeling?” The blue man asked me.

“Who?” I looked at him confused, he just looked from me to the Scott guy and then back to me.

“My dear who do you think you are?” The blue man asked me.

“Well Carol Danvers of course, God, am I really surrounded my fucking morons?” Geez and why was I strapped down?

“Oh dear! Scott could you please bring the Professor in here. I think we might have a small problem that he might want to over see,” the blue man told to Scott. He just nodded to the doctor guy and walked out of some sliding doors. A couple of minutes later he returned with some bald guy in a wheel chair.

“My name is Charles Xavier and I would be the bald guy in the wheel chair,” I just stared at him then smirked, of course Charles Xavier, the guy Magneto was talking about. Great just fucking great.

“Now I know this is difficult for you but I am sorry for your currently situation. But I am however going to have to take a little peak inside okay?” A peak? Exactly what kind of peak is this guy talking about? He moved to the head of the table that I was lying on and placed both hands on either side of my head. That’s when I really started to freak out and started to try and escape. Damn adamantium cuffs, of course!

A couple of hours later Professor Xavier finally had Carol under control and I was able to be me for awhile. Or at least until I had her completely under control, which the professor said would be quite awhile. In fact this is the first person I have actually killed while using my mutation. Charles says that it will mostly likely have a permanent affect on me.

“Well at least my new powers will actually come in handy,” I commented to him with a small smile on my face.

“This is a serious matter Rogue, for while at least. You will be dealing with bits of rage and different kinds of emotions as well as having to learn how to control your powers. I want you to have sessions with me every day after your Danger Room sessions with Scott and Ororo. Storm will be teaching you how to fly and Scott will teach how to control your strength. Now why don’t you go up to your room and get some rest till tomorrow okay?” Xavier told me as he rolled out of the room.

“Come on kiddo lets get you into bed,” Scott said as he helped me get up from my bed. We made it all the way up to my private room with out being ambushed until Jubilee rounded the corner, Kitty in tow.

“ROGUE!” They hollered at me as the came racing towards me.

“Hey guys,” I smiled at them.

“So is the evil lady all gone now?” Jubilee asked me as if I had been possessed by the devil or something.

“No just taking a backseat for a little while,” I told her.

“Well at least we’ve got you back, I’ll take you any day compared to Ms. I’m too good to be true, Hey! Maybe she should have dated Logan!” Jubilee mentioned and I flinched at his name.

“Anyways, thanks for stopping by, but I think I’ve had enough changes for today and I’m going to go hit the sack, okay?” They just nodded to me and left with out another word.

“Oh and thanks Scott,” I said as I opened my door.

“You’re welcome but next time don’t do that okay? You fucking scared the hell out of me,” I just smiled at him, Scott Summer’s just cursed twice in one sentence, now that was priceless.

“Okay how about next time I make sure the person doesn’t have a death grip on me, how about that?” I asked him teasingly.

“Rogue I’m serious; you could have gotten seriously hurt or even died! And do you also know your on every news channel from her to the moon?” he asked me exasperated and hugged me too him.

“Fine I won’t do that next time,” I huffed at him.

“Night Rogue,” Scott said smiling at me.

“Marie….it’s Marie Scott,” there I did it, now Logan wasn’t the only one who new my name. Scott just smiled even bigger at me and kissed the top of my head.

“Marie is a beautiful name,” and with that he left. Okay so maybe one more change wasn’t to bad to end the day.
Chapter 5 by black widow
Author's Notes:
Rogue's just a tad bit bitchy in this chapter. But no worries everything will eventually come together. I mean come on every girl's gotta be a bitch when the love of your life thinks he can just pick you up and then drop you when ever it's conventant. So yea bitchness is needed.
Some where in Canada:

The fighting matches for the evening had finally ended. The biggest winner for the evening sat on a bar stool nursing a nice cold beer paying no attention to the things around him. Until the latest news story caught his attention on the television screen.

“Today the President was saved by a group of crime fighting mutants known as the X-men,” the anchor woman said as live footage began to roll.

“Apparently a group of mutant terrorist out to kill the President were stopped when the X-men intervened, as you can see here one of the women of the X-men is fighting Ms. Marvel a known radical. As you see here something unknown transpires between Ms. Marvel and the white streaked x-men as Ms. Marvel, who is now in the intensive care ward in….” the woman’s voice drifted off as Logan sat and watched Rogue take out one of the strongest mutants Logan had ever faced. He watched as both Rogue and Ms. Marvel slumped to the ground into unconsciousness. Logan threw a couple of dollars on the bar and decided that maybe it was time to come home.

Back at the mansion:

The professor has been helping me every day to control Carol, sometimes she slips and I can’t say something cruel to one of my team mates or another student. But by now everyone just smiles and some even just laugh at the Carol part in me. It’s become a big joke.

It’s been a month now since the incident and Scott and I have grown closer. Actually a couple of weeks ago we went on our first real date. It was the first date I had been on in a long time, Logan and I never really did the whole dating scene so it was a good change for once. He took me to a nice Italian restaurant in the older part of New York and then we took a nice stroll in Central Park. I had never been happier in my life than walking on Scott’s arm as we strolled down the Park talking in silent whispers about each other. It was pleasant and uneventful but most of all it was uncomplicated and perfect.

After that Scott and I kept a low profile, but every one knew we were seeing each other. Scott was such a gentleman; he didn’t even try to kiss me until about the end of our fourth date. It just felt great to actually have things taken at a nice slow pace for once, instead of that needy, fast kind of romance.

Now I am sitting at my vanity putting my earrings in my ear waiting for Scott to arrive to take to the banquet one of the Professor’s clients are throwing. I heard a knock on the door and stood up looping my last earring in as I opened the door.

“Sorry Scott I am….” But before I could finish I noticed that Scott wasn’t the one standing in my door way.

“What are you doing here?” I asked the man in front of me.

“I saw you on the news, came to see if you were okay.”

“You’ve been gone three almost four month’s Logan, I am glad to know that me getting hurt is the only thing that would bring you home,” I snapped at him as I turned and walked back to my vanity to apply my lipstick.

“Why are you in here?” Logan asked me as he came all the way into my room.

“I told you; if you left I was through. I guess I was right, you wouldn’t believe me,” I sat down on my bed and put on my black high heals.

“Marie, this is ridiculous, you’re completely over reacting. So why don’t you gather up your stuff and put it back into our room.” I just laughed at him, god he was so blind.

“No Logan, sorry but not this time, things have changed. Our room isn’t ours anymore, and I am not with you anymore. I’m seeing someone else now and I really do not like being told what to do from someone who thinks they can just walk in and out of my life at the drop of a hat Logan. You had your chance now move over and let some one else have a try,” I told him with anger dripping from every word. Things have changed and it was about time he took notice.

“Hey Marie are you ready…” Scott said as he came into my room until he noticed Logan standing there.

“Hey Scott Yea just let me grab my purse,” I told him as I grabbed it from my vanity.

“Alright sugar, I’m ready,” I told him as I walked over and took his arm.

“Well, see yea later Logan, but I have a date,” I told him as I started to walk with Scott out of my room.

“Wait just one god damn minute here,” Logan yelled at us.

“Logan, seriously we’re going to be late,” I told him not caring that this was probably hurting him. Stupid bastard has hurt me enough; maybe it’s time for him to feel some of the love he likes to share.

“You’re with one-eye now?” Logan asked confused looking from me to Scott.

“Well, we only just started dating but maybe eventually,” I told him as I turned to leave again.

“You’re leaving me for Scooter?” I just rolled my eyes and sighed loudly.

“No Logan, I already left you, three months ago; now this might be news for you, but not to the rest of the world. Now I have moved on so do us all a favor and do the same,” damn I am such a bitch.
Chapter 6 by black widow
Author's Notes:
Logan just doesn't seem to understand.
The evening with Scott was lovely; we danced all night and talked to tons of amazing people. We drank Champaign and ate an amazing dinner with the Professor and some Senators who were pro-mutant and anti-registration. No one ever made glances towards Scott’s classes or my white streaks and for one night everything seemed to be going perfectly. Until we returned home of course.

We entered the mansion with red cheeks and hushed giggled laughter as we clumsily made our way back to my room. So maybe we had a little too much to drink, but how can you say no to free Champaign?

“Thanks Scott for a wonderful evening,” I told him as I leaned heavily against the wooden oak door to my bedroom. Scott placed his arm against the frame of the door and leaned into me.

“Me too,” he whispered to me as he leaned into me, I giggled a little at the feel of his breath against my face.

“Yea well I’m glad,” I told him as I snaked my arms under his jacket and pulled him closer to me. I looked up at him as he gave me that heart melting smile. He lowered his head slowly to mine and kissed me gentle on the lips at first.

He continued kissing me and slowly the kiss rose more feverishly, until I was pressed up against the wooden door. I felt his hands move from the side of the door, his right closing in on my hip the other caressed the left side of my face. The sensation of this simple caressing was more than I could take. It had been three months since someone had touched me like that. Actually it had been years, not since Bobby at least, that somebody had actually took the time to make out with me, let alone kiss me. The feeling to say the least was overwhelming.

I moved my hands that lay limply at my sides before and wrapped them around his head, our bodies pressed closely against each other. Our lips continued their unrelenting assault on each other. Until I felt Scott being yanked from our lovers grasps. It took me a moment to realize what was happening.

“Logan! Let him go now!” I screamed at Logan as he held Scott up against the oak paneling three metal claws pinching Scott’s jugular. I walked up behind Logan.

“Logan, I don’t want to hurt you but if you don’t let him go right now I will,” I told him as I placed my hand on his shoulder. Of course Logan being Logan didn’t listen to well and continued to growl and keep Scott in his position.

“Alright Logan I warned you,” and I grabbed his shoulder and lifted him off the ground and threw him up against the wall on the other side of the hallway.

“Stupid man, never listens, Scott sugar are you okay?” I asked as I knelt down next to Scott to check if he was okay. Once he nodded that he was fine I stood up abruptly and turned on Logan, hell I wasn’t even mad, I was furious.

“What in the hell do you think you are doing? How dare you do that to Scott! You have no right Logan, why can’t you just move on like everyone else? I ain’t yours no more! I’m tired of your stupid Neanderthal bullshit and I won’t stand for it anymore, I am not some girl you can just throw away and then pick back up when ever you feel like it! So if you don’t mind,” I turned and helped Scott up from the floor and then turned back to Logan determination on my face.

“No one brings the bad guy home Logan, This time I decided to pick the good guy,” and with that I grabbed Scott and pushed passed Logan who still lay sprawled out on the floor against the wall. Giving him one last look of disgust I pushed open my door and led Scott inside, slamming it shut behind me.

“What in the hell was that all about?” Scott asked me his arms crossed over his chest.

“I don’t know! This is Logan were talking about remember, no body ever really knows when it involves him,” I tell him with a sigh and move to sit on my bed. Scott runs a hand through is short brown hair and comes to sit next to me.

“I guess maybe he isn’t really over you yet.” I smile slightly at that, and look back at Scott.

“He just never believed me when I told him I wouldn’t be around anymore; I guess he always assumed I would be there, to help pick up the mess he left behind. But unlike Logan things change and I think it’s about time he got used to it.” Scott was looking at me intently; it was kind of hard to know what was going on with Scott because of his glasses. With Logan I could always tell, because he spoke with his eyes, Scott on the other hand speaks with his body language.

“Why is it that when you finally get over someone and move on they always seem to come back and rock your boat all over again?” I asked him putting my chin in my hand.

“Hey don’t worry about it; you’ve done great these last few months. Don’t let that bone head ruin the things you did. You’ve become an independent woman with out any help, hell the whole woman population is relieved you finally did it. You’ve become an example to the younger girls here and everyone, even if it was something you did for yourself, thinks it was a great thing for everyone involved,” and I smiled at him as small blush creeping up on my face. It was true to some extent, in the last month a lot of the women have come up to me to congratulate me on my success of becoming independent.

“Thanks Scott,” I tell him as I lean my head into him.

“Thanks for what? I’m only trying to be a good friend, Marie,”

“Thank you for being that good friend. You’re always there for me when I think I have no one, and for once that’s a good change.” I paused and turned up to look at him, “I’m tired of feeling alone, of waiting for something that may never show. I’m ready to forget and start anew,” I slowly leaned into him hoping he understood my words. I’m tired of being alone waiting for Logan to be the man that I want him to be, and maybe just maybe Scott is the something ‘anew’ that I am waiting for. I kissed him gently which eventually grew passionately and once again I could feel his hands starting to roam across my body, caressing it as he made his track across the great expansion of my torso.

“I think it would be best to stop for now,” Scott say’s reluctantly but I understand his need to take things slow. This isn’t supposed to be about our lost lovers and our need to fill in the blank void that they left us with. This is supposed to be about us and what we want and I understand that wholly and I nod my approval and lean away from him.

He stood up then and I followed him to my door, he kissed me goodnight and then closed the door behind him as he made his way back to his empty room. I stared at the door for awhile thinking about the events that had past and I almost regretted not making him stay, but I knew everything would fall into place eventually.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1284