The Last Chance by Bex
Summary: Logan and Marie are in a dangerous situation, but Logan can only think about one thing…


Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2095 Read: 2968 Published: 04/09/2006 Updated: 04/09/2006

1. Chapter 1 by Bex

Chapter 1 by Bex
Author's Notes:
Written in response to the Wolverine/Rogue challenge generator at wolverineandrogue.com. The prompt was: ‘We’re going to die. Let’s have sex’ and the object was a life preserver.

“We’re going to die. Let’s have sex.”

Marie blinked the rain out of her eyes, and yelled “What did you say?” in an attempt to be heard above the howling gale thrashing around them.

“I said: let’s have sex. We’re going to die out here anyway.”

Hmmm. So she hadn’t misheard the first time. Maybe she was going mad. Maybe Logan was. Of the two scenarios she thought she preferred the former, ’cause she was kind of relying on Logan to figure a way outta this.

Another huge wave made any immediate response to Logan’s proposal difficult, and as the salty water closed over her head Marie thought that it was probably lucky she had something other than imminent death to think about. She might be half-drowned already but her brain was a whirling fever of activity. Images of a semi-naked Logan featured heavily; rather more heavily than clever escape ideas anyway. Just as lack of oxygen began to cause sparkling lights to dance behind her eyes a rough hand grabbed the back of her T-shirt and hauled her above the surface.

“Hey Kid! Stay with me, will ya?”

Logan sure looked good wet. Damn. She really wished he hadn’t brought up the whole sex thing, it was making it awful hard to concentrate on the mortal danger all around.

“I don’t know what you’re bitchin’ about, Logan. If anyone’s goin’ to die out here then it’s me, not the man with the in-built recharger.”

“Don’t know about that. Not sure if regenerative abilities cover drowning, and I’m also kinda heavy, you know.”

“Oh.” Shit. “C’mon, we’ve survived so far. I thought we were dead when the jet went down.”

“That’s the last time I give you a flyin’ lesson, darlin’.”

“It could have happened to anyone!” Her throat was getting sore from all the shouting and the sea-water she kept swallowing.

“It was a fuckin’ bird, Marie.”

Was it possible to blush when you were freezing to death? Seemed so. Just thinking about what Xavier would have to say about all this should they survive that long made her wince. Time to change the subject before they got into the whole ‘when NOT to push the eject button’ lecture again.

“Anyway, we can’t have sex. For several very good reasons.”

“Oh yeah? And what are they?” Logan demanded.

“For a start my skin would kill you.”

“We’re going’ to die out here anyway. Might be a good way to go.”

“How d’you manage to leer and tread water?”

“It’s a skill, babe. What else?”

“Uh, well…the logistics of the whole thing. I can barely stay afloat as it is—” As if to prove her point they were separated by a swell. Marie felt the first stirrings of exhaustion and tried not to panic.

“This might just be your lucky day, sweetheart!” Logan yelled from somewhere to her left. Gradually he appeared through the rain and spray clutching a bright orange life preserver.

“Where on earth did you find that?”

“Must’ve come from the jet. Here, put it on.”

“No! No, you wear it. Like you said, you’re heavier than me. You need it more than I do.”

“Not a chance,” Logan growled, plopping it over her head. She fumbled with the string but her gloved hands were clumsy and numb with cold, and he impatiently brushed them aside and tied the fastenings himself. “Guess I’ll just have to hang onto you if I get into trouble, right kid?”

“Sure.” She managed a watery grin.

“So, that’s problem number two out the way then. Do we get to do the sex part now?”

“Jeez, you have a one-track mind!”

“Hey, don’t blame me. You brought the subject up.”

He had a point. Just before the flying-lesson-from-hell she had been grousing about how she was never going to have sex. Ever. Even Bobby had called it quits in the end. If she thought for one minute that Logan was serious about the two of them getting it on she might have been embarassed, but as it was she was pretty sure he was just trying to take her mind off their situation. He was succeeding. At least the lust his words evoked would keep her warm for a while.

“We’re still left with my deadly skin. If it kills you then I’m stuck on my own out here.”

“Then I’ll have to try very hard not to let it kill me,” Logan drawled, advancing slowly towards her, “I can be very creative when I want, believe me.”

“What are you doing?” she gasped in disbelief as he caught her round the waist and pulled her towards him. “We’re in the middle of a storm here, in case it had escaped your attention!”

“Oh, I’ve noticed alright. But I’ve got other things on my mind right now.” He pulled the clinging wet strands of hair away from her face with one hand, the other pressing her tightly to his body. Then slowly, so slowly that she could have avoided it easily, his mouth lowered until it settled gently on her lips. His tongue flicked along the sensitive skin there for an instant and then was gone. He raised his head. “Salty.”

Marie said nothing. She had no breath left to say anything with. Instead she braced her hands against his chest, ready to push him away if she began to hurt him. They locked eyes for several seconds before he kissed her again; swift, gentle kisses that burnt her cold skin with their warmth. They were both careful to keep each contact brief, but Marie yearned for more. She hardly noticed the unceasing movement of the sea around them now. Logan’s chest beneath her splayed fingers felt reassuringly solid, and when he tightened his hold on her and she felt the rigid outline of his cock through his jeans it sent an answering wave of heat through her whole body.

“Damn life preserver!” Logan muttered in frustration, his legs tangling with hers beneath the water. She decided not to point out that she would in all likelihood drown without it. Besides, she knew how he felt: more than anything she wanted to feel his hands on her body. Then he finally managed to slip one hand under the bulky orange vest and swiftly moved it up to cup her breast. She thought she might faint with pleasure; it was the most intimate touch she had ever known, even with the barrier of her T-shirt between them. Her moan was carried away in the wind, but Logan must have heard it because he grinned. He looked pretty smug, but when his thumb and forefinger began to tease her nipple through the wet fabric she forgave him just about everything. Body parts that had previously been numb began to tingle and throb like crazy and he seemed determined to explore every one of them. It didn’t seem to matter that she was fully clothed, the wet fabric acted like a second skin, creating a delicious friction wherever his touch landed.

Grateful for once that she still had her gloves on she reached down and undid his belt, unhitching his jeans impatiently with fumbling fingers. She reached inside then laughed as she found him ready for her.

“What can I say? I go commando, darlin’.”

“It figures somehow,” she replied, wrapping her fingers lightly around the length of him. He groaned, eyes dark with passion, and she smiled triumphantly, running the tips of her gloves slowly up and down his hard flesh. Logan’s hands shifted again and began to trace incredibly sensuous circles against the material of her panties, and she emitted a groan that turned into a startled yelp as she felt something brush against her foot.

“What the fuck is that?”

They held each other tightly as a large wave caught and spun them through the water, and Marie screamed again. But not in fear. As she landed on her ass on a sandy shore with the full weight of Logan on top of her the main thing she felt was bitter disappointment. Seemed like they were safe after all. They lay in a tangled heap for several minutes, the sea lapping at their legs. The rain seemed to have stopped at least, although it was hard to tell when you were soaking through.

“Er, so I guess we weren’t that far from land then.”

“I guess not.” Logan sounded as pissed as she felt.

“So the danger is past?”

He looked down at her and raised one eyebrow, “I wouldn’t say that exactly. Anything could happen. We could be anywhere, darlin’.”

“I suppose so. Do you think we’re a long way from civilization?” she asked hopefully.

“Yup. Could be stranded here for days. We probably won’t make it,” he replied reassuringly. His hands began to work on the string of the life preserver.

“But I probably don’t need to wear this anymore now we’re out the water, right?”

“My thoughts exactly.” The life preserver was hastily removed and sailed away across the sand. Logan examined the newly exposed area thoughtfully. “You’re pretty wet.”

“Uh huh.”

“So you don’t wear a bra then?”

Marie shook her head. She was already beyond coherent speech, just the feel of Logan’s gaze on her made her hot enough to burn. He traced the outline of her breasts with his fingers slowly, the wet fabric of her T-shirt molding itself tightly to every curve of her body. She twisted beneath his touch, and when he replaced his fingers with his mouth she bit back a scream.

With almost indecent haste he pulled down her jeans and settled himself between her thighs, reaching inside his pocket and pulling out a crumpled foil packet.

“D’you always carry one of those things?” she asked.

“My lucky rubber,” he replied, ripping it open and rolling it on. He kept his jeans on, and the rough denim against her thighs made her squirm with pleasure. “I was saving it for an emergency situation. This qualifies.”

“Well we are staring death in the face. Definitely an emergency.”

“Oh yeah,” he breathed, positioning himself carefully. A frown rippled across his forehead. “You sure about this, sweetheart?”

“Logan, if you don’t get a move on I’ll scream!”

She screamed anyway, and this time with pleasure. Logan felt so right inside her, like she had been waiting her whole life for him and for this moment. At first he was cautious, but when she gasped and moaned her appreciation his thrusts increased in intensity until each movement of his hips sent her scooting further back on the sand. She was going to be sore later, but for now she didn’t care about anything except the man above her and the spiralling tension inside her, and when it finally burst it was the most beautiful thing she had ever known.

~*~

Lying in Logan’s arms much later Marie regarded him with affectionate amusement. “You didn’t have to be so rude to that guy.”

“I wasn’t rude.”

“You called him bub! He must have been at least eighty.”

“He was botherin’ me.”

“He offered us a lift into town!”

“Honey, I didn’t ask him for a lift. He had no call to be pokin’ his nose into our business.”

“I thought he was kinda sweet.”

“That’s because he was nice to you. Anyway, he was lyin’. There’s no way we’re near a city.”

“I can hear the highway from here.”

“That’s the wind. I’m tellin’ you, we could be stuck here for a good long while. In the middle of nowhere, danger all around. Could be our last chance….” His hands began to work their magic on her body. Speaking became an effort.

“Y’know Logan, it strikes me that every day could be our last given what we do—”

“Especially the way you fly, darlin’.”

“Thanks!”

“Just kiddin’. I think you’re right. We might as well hump like bunnies while we can.”

“You’re a born romantic,” she gasped. His fingers had found her panties and were sliding across her most sensitive areas.

“I can do romance,” he growled softly.

He went on to prove it.





The End
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1275