Damn Uniforms by Dark Ferrett
Summary: Logan has a hard time concentrating with the school uniforms.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 7105 Read: 3084 Published: 03/21/2007 Updated: 03/21/2007

1. Chapter 1 by Dark Ferrett

Chapter 1 by Dark Ferrett
Author's Notes:
Short little Logan POV. 2 months post-movie.
My life was simple on the road. Ate when I pleased, fought when I pleased, screwed around when I pleased, came and went as I pleased. It was a simple life and so fucking satisfying. All I had ever needed or wanted was in a trailer, and even that was expendable. For fifteen years it sufficed. It was a good life. Well......until suddenly it wasn't.

As far as I could tell it started about a month after I left New York. I had reached Canada in a week. I wandered around and made good money until I found that complex Chuck told me about. It was simple enough, but what a waste of fucking time. I mean, I wanted to find out about my past, I really did. Just wasn't willing to sort through rubble. Or stay in the middle of nowhere, alone, for weeks. And that's when it happened. I started missing her. A lot.

I tried to fight it, hell I found the nearest town and fucked around and fought and drank twice as much, but she called to me. It was torture. At some point driving North at four in the morning, I stopped cold. I missed her, I needed her. I wasn't nowhere near ready to admit I loved her, but need was always enough for me anyway. Popping my claws once out of sheer frustration with myself, I turned the truck around on the snowy, abandoned road and headed South. Once that was done, I felt considerably better. I even laughed. It was so pathetic, it was funny. Me, the Wolverine, was headed back to New York for a girl that was probably a fraction of my age. But I was happy. I felt it in my fucking bones, even through the metal. I was going home.

Only home was more than Marie. Home was over two hundred damn teenagers, all louder and more annoying than the next. Home was having to see Scooter every fucking day at almost every fucking meal. Home was schedules and house rules and lists and no smoking and watch your language and put on a shirt and don't scare the children. But it was all worth it you see, because home was also Marie.

I got to Chuck's mid-spring. First thing I caught in the wind was her scent. Drove my bike straight around to the backyard, fucking up the lawns plenty along the way. She was sitting on the grass watching a game of basketball with her friends. Her knees were drawn up to her chest and she looked so incredibly good with her hair lit up in the sun I just wanted to run to her, but I couldn't very well do that. I gunned the engine for good measure instead and drove right up into the court. It was probably overkill, but shit, I had a reputation to uphold.

Already the kids were crowding around me when I turned the ignition off, but she didn't move. I admit it, for a minute, I thought she wasn't happy to see me. I think I actually felt my ego hit the floor, but then she smiled. That funny little smile she's so damn good at.

Shit, for a moment I couldn't breath but then she got up and ran. I got off my bike and a blur of brown hair and willowy fabric hit me all at once. She was crying and I was grinning and when she finally let go, I had to remind myself that it would be a tad inappropriate to maul her right there and then. 'Sides One-eye and Jean where coming out to meet me. Eventually she disengaged herself from me and all I could tell her was that I missed her. I knew I should have said more but with half the school looking on I couldn't and so I just put an arm around her and walked her to go see the geeks and Chuck about me staying.

That day, dinner was made special or something. For a guy that mostly ate Ravioli cold and straight out of a can, anything was a step up, but this one was something else. Plus, Marie sat next to me. The geeks all frowned a bit and Marie turned a bright red when I dragged her behind me to the table, but I didn't give a shit. I was the guest of honor and who gave a fuck if students didn't sit with teachers. I told them I was neither and that got a chuckle out of Wheels at least.

He eventually got around to asking that I do some chores around the place. I agreed and trying not to stare at the girl eating next to me all the time, I listened to One-Eye's long ass list of house rules and regulations. I swear if the guy wasn't married to Jean, I would have gutted him just to put him out of his chino wearing misery. Afterwards, Marie took me out to the garden. I think she was sensing my thoughts or something. The fear that she was psychic creeped in briefly.

We sat and she talked. Mostly about life with the geeks and her schoolwork. I listened carefully, not because it was so damn fascinating, but because it was Marie. I could never get enough of that accent and watching her hem and haw while picking invisible lint off her jeans and babbling on and on was incredibly soothing. The last time I was around, it was only for a few days. Most of the time we were either dealing with that shit Magneto or I was unconscious or something. If you really think about it, we were alone for only hours. Two six packs and several hours later I was completely sober and I could tell Marie was tired. Actually, I was too. I had barely slept coming down to New York, but I couldn't tear myself away.

I guess she sensed my thoughts again because she got up slowly and brushed off. I could tell she was nervous, but nothing could prepare me for what happened next. Pulling my hand up, she placed a kiss on my gloved fingers and placed it to my lips. She turned red and said good-night, that she'd see me the next day and then ran off. Literally. I just stood there. I mean I was attracted to her. Shit, I did a u-turn in the middle of nowhere when that brilliant flash of inspiration hit me, but really, what kind of pervert would I be??

I went to bed that night tortured. The bed was fine, shit everything was fine at Xavier's, but damn. I hadn't really thought about the situation all the way through. I wanted Marie. Really wanted Marie. Underage Marie. And I was pretty sure she wanted me back. That was not the problem. It was the age. Of all the shitty things I had done, I had never crossed past that line, at least that I was aware of. Maybe by accident. But never intentionally. Marie was off limits. Had to be. For now.

Eventually I feel asleep, wondering just how far I could test my restraint. I made a quick calculation, she had to be almost eighteen. Then it would be okay. Except not really. Did a particular date really make the difference between me taking advantage of a girl and her being a consenting adult?? You could imagine the kind of night I had. So I settled on the safest answer, I could wait, see how things fall into place. By three I decided it was best not to stress the issue. Simple. Like I said before, I like simple. Little did I know, that my resolve would be so sorely tested just a few hours later.



I was up til late but I was up early for my new job anyway. I actually didn't have a clue as to what my new job was, but I wanted to show Xavier that I was grateful and what not. Turns out it was a roof thing. He wanted me to reshingle the roof. Apparently it had started to leak or something. I was pretty handy, so I jumped right into it. It was hard to tell because the Mansion was unbelievable big, but I figured it would take me a couple of weeks at least. A safe amount of time to be away from screaming, running kids. Already I found out why the teachers slept two floors above the kids. But with my sensitive hearing, it didn't matter, because I could hear them chirping and milling about since six. Too many damn kids.

Before I realized it, it was noon. I was getting kinda hungry, but seeing a burst of kids run like headless chickens into the backyards for recess at about the same time it occurred to me, I changed my mind. I figured it would be smarter to eat before they broke from class from now on. Resigning myself to working straight through dinner, I continued pulling old shingles. Occasionally I leaned over the edge and tried to spot Marie. The younger kids chased and ran, the older kids huddled around the benches in the outskirts, all trying to impress each other. Not catching sight of the white on brown, I went back to work. You could imagine my surprise when I smelt Marie approaching.

Hearing the clicking of her heels still not reaching the door, I started to walk over to the service door before deciding that I was acting way too adolescent. Reputation, remember? So I get on my knees and get back to pulling shingles. When the door finally opened, I grinned. I couldn't help it. So I was acting adolescent, so what?

"Hey, Logan, watcha doin'?"

"Just a little something..."

I tried to finish the statement, but I couldn't. I had straightened out and there she was in that cursed uniform. Blue and white. I was still ogling those legs when she came up to me - all concern and big eyes.

"Are you ahll right, Logan?"

I tried to gather myself. I think I grunted and shook my head.

"Yeah Kid, uhh what ya got there?"

She beamed at me and offered me the tupperwear she was holding.

"Tha cook said he hadn't seen you, so Ah brought you some lunch."

I took it with another grin. My Marie was always thinking.

"You read my mind Kid, come sit."

I cleared a space on the tarp and settled down. The minute I did it, I realized it was a mistake. She meandered over with a half smile and sat next to me, stretching those long legs straight ahead. I stared. I mean I couldn't help it. She had on this short little navy number that barely reached her mid thighs and had no place in a school. Especially when she sat down and it hiked up even more. Eventually I refocused on her voice. She was looking at me weird again.

"Hmm?"

She blushed a little and fiddled with her hair. She definitely wanted me.

"Ah was just sayin' that Ah only have ten minutes, my next class is calculus with Ms. Munroe."

"Oh."

I opened the plastic bowl. Some sort of pasta. How familiar. But it smelled a whole lot better than cold ravioli. She put a hand on my arm and smiled.

"Wait a sec, Ah brought..."

Her voice trailed off as she struggled to get a can out of the knit bag she had slung across her chest and a fork wrapped in a napkin. I just stared. I mean you would have too. Her movements just alerted me to the top half of her little uniform. A thin shirt that revealed a whole lot of cleavage when she squirmed around. This time refocusing before she actually had time to notice I was staring, I grunted a thanks when she handed me the two items triumphantly.

I dug into my food more as a reason to do something than my long forgotten hunger. Thankfully, Marie slipped into conversation before I could make a fool out of myself even more. It was kind nice, she yaked about Beast's tests and I occasionally grunted. Eventually, I was brave enough to ditch the Tupperware and just lean back with my beer. She was beautiful. I drank and she talked. I could do that forever and a day. But sooner than I thought, she sighed and looked at the little watch she had clipped to her bag strap. She never wore a watch because of the gloves.

"It's almost next period, Ah gotta go."

She smiled shyly and I frowned.

"So skip class. Stay with me."

Something flashed past her eyes. It looked like she was actually considering it. But then she giggled and started to get up.

"Ah can't do that, 'sides you got work to do too."

I tried not to look, but it was irresistible. She must have noticed, because she smoothed out her skirt, if you could call it that, nervously. I perked up beside her and pretended to look disappointed, which I was.

"Fine, then come see me after class."

"Ah tutor tha younger kids after school."

"Then after that."

"Ah have trainin'."

"Then I'll join you."

By now, we had walked back to the door leading down the steps. I leaned into her with my last statement. She got all red and glassy eyed but didn't budge. I still had it.

"Okay."

She said it all breathy and I could smell the cherry lipgloss she wore. For a minute I just stared at those lips. I wanted to. I think she knew that too. Adding to my dilemma, she chewed on her lower lip. That was it, deadly or not, I was going for it...but then a bell rang somewhere. She slipped out of my reach and clutched her bag tightly.

"Ah'm gonna be late, so ah'll see you then."

"Sure thing, Marie."

I grinned back at her and she turned and ran down the steps, skirt and hair swinging, hard black shoes clicking all the way down. The grin faded as I watched her. Damn uniforms. Who the fuck picked those out?



When Chuck gave me the grand tour a few months back, he showed me a pretty hooked up gym. Apparently he was holding back, 'cause what I walked into was the size of a fucking stadium. And to my continuing disappointment, there were kids everywhere. On machines, on mats, on courts. It was sensory overload. But then I singled the Marie scent pretty easily. Walking over to an obstacle set up towards the back, growling and scaring everyone that came close, I stopped short when I spotted Marie in the crowd.

She was next in line to run through a series of barriers when she caught my gaze and gave me a grin and a furious wave. I just stood there awestruck for a minute before I realized that the girls she was with were giggling. Annoyed back into realization, I stomped over and growled at them for good measure. They scattered quick enough and I pulled Marie over to the side.

"What the hell are you wearing Kid?"

Her smile vanished immediately and I regretted having acted before thinking. Again.

"My uniform?"

I chanced a look down. It could hardly be called clothing. More like a bodystocking. Over her pale skin, the black fabric almost looked sheer. Especially over......certain places. I dragged my eyes back up and loosened my grip on her arm. It must have hurted.

"It's what ahll of us wear."

She looked at me unblinking for a minute before motioning to the crowd of teenagers that were watching us warily from the side. They snapped their eyes away fearfully. It took me a minute and another look down her body to realize that they were wearing the same thing. I felt like a complete ass.

"Uhh, yeah..."

Mercifully, I heard her name being called. It was Scott. He had on little shorts and carried a clipboard. He even had a whistle. I would have laughed if I didn't feel so shitty. She hesitated for a minute before taking a step back.

"It's my turn."

I tried to smile, but she ran off before I got a chance to make my face work, so I sat and brooded. Scooter had them running through some maze that had them swinging on ropes, jumping hurdles and crawling under barriers. She was actually pretty good, passing a few of the others ahead of her. Even though it was hard to concentrate with her bouncing all over the place, I saw plenty of mistakes in how the kids moved.

I walked over to Scooter and told him exactly what I thought of his little obstacle course. I fully expected him to whine and all, but he surprised me by taking notes. In a move that I could have done without, he blew that damn whistle and called all the kids in. Marie was halfway up a rope to the ceiling when she stopped and started to descend. Some little shit was waiting at the bottom and caught her when she hit the ground. The sorry son of a bitch practically had his hands over her ass in an excuse to help her. I was about to take off to shread the smug bastard, when Scooter said my name.

Marie's head snapped up and she smiled. Now I was on the spot. It seems Scooter wanted me to guest lecture his little batch of future X-geeks. I was about to tell him to shove it when I realized how happy Marie looked. Even though I had just treated her like a complete moron, she was proud that I had apparently decided to help out the cause or whatever.

Joining the other dozen kids on the mat in front of me, she looked up expectantly. I looked over at Scooter. I should have made him choke on that whistle. But I didn't. Marie was on this team and like it or not, she deserved to learn how to defend herself right. They all needed to be rescued from Scooter's weak ass training badly. Taking my sweatshirt off, I began to outline the real techniques needed in endurance exercises. In practically no time, I had those kids moving faster than they ever had. And I know this only because Scooter was manning the stopwatch and scribbling down everything on his damned clipboard. By the time he was done reciting scores to me, Marie had disappeared into the lockers.



After changing and showering, I ventured to the girl's floor in search of my Marie. I needed to apologize for blowing it earlier and I didn't want to wait any longer. But again, I acted without thinking. I knew it was a fucking mistake the minute I stepped into the hallway. The smells of scented powders, lotions, shampoos, sprays, oils, perfumes and every other goddamn cosmetic ever created hit me all at once. Along with peppy music and the most annoying giggling. I think they were all giggling together. It was a nightmare and I took a minute to consider my options.

Eventually the obvious one won out and I weaved my way through a dozen curious girls to a door at the end of the hallway. It had the heaviest Marie scent and I knocked. Twice. Eventually the door swung open and a bright flash left me temporarily blinded. I growled at an Asian girl with the camera but before I could kill her, Marie called my name. She rushed to the door and the girl with the camera handed her the camera with a squeak and ran off.

"What are you doing heah?"

It took me a minute to clear my head. I still had murder on my mind.

"Just wanted to talk."

She smiled that little quirky smile and pulled something in the camera she was holding before putting it down. Waving the photo madly in the air, she stepped out and closed the door behind her. I was completely dismayed at what she was wearing. Tight jeans, unbelievable tight top. I realized weakly that it was yet another uniform. Exactly what all the other girls were wearing. I know what you're thinking. I was partial to wearing the exact same thing myself, but shit, Marie was Marie and that was just wrong.

"Okay, how 'bout we go downstairs."

I paid a side wards glance at the small crowd accumulated just a few yards away. And damned if they didn't all giggle when I looked their way. I was still heated but thankfully Marie pulled me away before I did anything stupid. By the time we reached the second flight, I could breathe free again. She looked at my contented sigh and let go of my arm. And then I remembered the reason I needed to see her. There was a bench in between the stair landings and I pulled her to it.

"What's up Logan?"

She wasn't looking at me. Still fanning the picture, trying to look busy. Shit, that was really appealing.

"Just wanted to, well to say sorry."

She looked up now. Blank.

"You know, in the gym. I kinda overreacted."

Then she looked down again. I could tell she understood why I had overreacted. The psychic fear rose in me again.

'That's okay."

She just stared at the floor and I stared at her. I'd have given anything to know what to say. Thank God she eventually perked up first. She shoved the photo over to me with a smile. I looked at for a sec. Me, looking equal parts surprised and homicidal. But she thought it was funny.

"I should have a word with that girl about surprising a man with claws."

"Jubes was just playin'. She thought it was Remy. She wanted to get him back for a prank he pulled yesterday."

I perked up right away. I knew from my previous stay some months ago that boys weren't allowed on the girl's floor. It was actually one of Scooter's better rules. Probably his best. But then some people always broke the rules. And then the most disturbing thought occurred to me. People like that little shit in the gym who couldn't keep his eyes off the girls.

"Was that the same dick that couldn't keep his hands to himself?"

Her eyes got real wide and she put the photo down. And so it was. Now I was really getting upset.

"Why would he go to..."

"It's not like that Logan."

"So he's not a perv?"

She had the audacity to giggle. And then try to hide it behind her hand.

"No, umm, well ah little, but it's like ah game, he likes Jubes, and it's not like Ah can, no-one..."

Then she stopped rambling and got this deflated look. Her gloves became fascinating again and felt like a total ass watching her squirm. I was upset at the idea that a boy could like her and now I was totally wishing that she realized that they did. I put an arm around her and brought her in close. I wanted to say something, but nothing came out. I think she got the point though, cause she leaned in and we stood like that for a while. Quiet, close, and warm. I could do that forever. Then a troop of kids came tumbling down the stairs. Two flights up and they still sounded like elephants. She sprung apart.

"We should get ta dinner."

I smiled at the almost whisper and she flushed a little. I wanted nothing more than to just kiss her, but then I remembered my badass routine and pulled her up before we were overtaken by those loud kids. To my triumphant surprise, she stayed close behind me. Before we walked into the dining hall, I turned and flashed her a grin.

"You gonna sit with me Kid?"

She just sort of nodded nervously. I knew she would say yes, but I had to at least give her a choice. I tightened my grip on her hand and walked in with her practically tucked into my side. I made sure that I walked slow. Wanted everyone to see. Even that little shit. Especially that little shit. Wanted them to get used to seeing us together, me and my Marie.



By dessert, I wanted desperately to take her up to my room. And not because of the obvious. Well some of that, but mostly because we had drawn enough attention and I could tell it was starting to get to her. Not that anyone said anything outright. They just kinda stared and you could tell the wheels were turning in their heads. Bad-ass Logan, sweet little Marie. That sort of stopped me cold and kept me in check. Little Marie. I really was way out of my league. What was I thinking? All I could offer were things she really could do without.

I think Marie sensed that doubt in me, 'cause she got real quite towards the end. Not that she spoke much at the X-table anyway. Jean took care of that. I leaned over and asked if she wanted to go for a ride. She nodded mutely and I have to admit I practically shoved the rest of my food down my throat and made a bee-line to the door.

For the second time that day, I wondered exactly what possessed me to go to the girl's floor. Even deserted, the smells were still overpowering, but luckily Marie just ran in and grabbed a jacket. We walked in silence back to the garage. Just enjoying the company. We ended up riding for close to an hour before we reached the city. It was sort of an accident. Almost every road in Westchester seemed to lead to New York City. We took the FDR until the very end. I have to admit it was nice. Nothing beats Manhattan at night.

When I pulled up to a light, she pointed to a shopping district. She whispered South Street Seaport in my ear over the hum of the engine. I parked and we strolled. Apparently that was what you did there. Fuckin' yuppy stores left and right, but a heck of a view on the waterfront. It was dark now and sort of chilly so I put my arm around her. I mean I had a legitimate excuse and everything. And she leaned in. Yup, I still had it.

Eventually, we settled in the corner of an outdoor café. There was never a shortage of those in New York. I wasn't hungry, nether was she, but we cuddled over ridiculously expensive coffee and watched the Brooklyn shore on the other side of the river. It was the usual stuff, she talked, I listened. Not about what we were doing there mind you, but just about stuff. I think we both knew it had to be cleared up, I mean, what exactly were we doing? But I liked things simple. I never had a relationship talk in my life - granted I'd never really had relationships, but I knew one was coming. I owed her as much. I didn't want to fuck up with Marie, plain and simple. But it was just too hard to break the mood at that particular moment. I held her closer, fiddled with her hair and kept up my side of the conversation with the occasional grunt. She finally grew silent.

I was about to ask what was wrong when it hit me. Further down towards the Staten Island shore it stood like a beacon. I think I inadvertently tightened my grip around her shoulders. She looked up at me all eyes and shining hair.

"Ten weeks."

"What?"

"We were theah ten weeks ago."

Her eyelashes were moist and her voice was so low. I wanted to kiss her so bad. But I hesitated. Despite the fact that we were curled up on a seat and she was in my arms and I could smell her so sharply, I knew better. So I did what I did that day ten weeks ago, I tucked her head into my neck and pressed my lips to her forehead. Then I felt the tears drop onto my collarbone and absorb into the edge of my shirt. Only this time she didn't push me away.

"You wanna go, babe?"

"Not really, but Ah have class tomorrow."

"And I have work. We should go."

A slow nod, but neither of us moved. Then she straightened out and tried her hardest to sound cheery. My Marie had suffered so much. The thought made my knuckles itch.

"Ah didn't mean to cry all ovah you."

"Then what good am I?"

That got a smile. I wiped a little spot on her cheek and she blushed again. That got me all protective again. I remembered that I still had to get Magneto. He would pay dearly. I was going through a list of possible ways how, when Marie jumped to life and yanked me across the boardwalk. There was some hippy guy in a stand with about two dozen rolls of thread.

"Can I?"

"Can you what?"

She finished dragging me across and sat at the chair he had in front of him. Even I knew that I had no choice in the matter. Why did women do that?

"What the hell is this?"

The guy gave me a look and started asking about colors. He might have been high. As a matter of fact, I'm sure he was.

"He's gonna weave thread into my hair. Like in a braid...green and..."

She looked through the spools and I spotted it before she did.

"Silver."

They both looked at me weird before looking at each other.

"It'd match your streaks."

The son of a ho just snorted and got to work. Marie beamed at me and I figured that gutting him would offset that, so I settled in for the wait. Had two cigarettes by the time he was done.

"Well, whatcha think?"

I threaded the three silvery strands through my fingers. They mixed in well with the white and brown. So the jerk did good work. I was still marveling at the feel of her silky hair when he cleared his throat. I disengaged my hand and threw him a bill before I was tempted to hurt him. Marie just smiled and trucked me along. In that instant the whole Magneto thing was forgotten.

We worked our way back through the thinning crowds as easily as when we had come. The only shock was the fucking ticket plastered to the dash of my bike when we got back. I looked around for the motherfucker who put it there but he was long gone. I was going to take the orange envelope and toss it, but Marie snatched it first shoved it into her back pocket. I learned then and there that she wasn't afraid of me. Even when I growled. Hard. So I climbed on and we took off. The trip back was nice enough, even though it was over too damn quick.

When we got back, I could tell almost everyone was asleep. Probably broke curfew and what not, but I didn't give a shit. I had been thinking. The whole bike ride up the Hutch I thought about Marie and me. And not just those kinds of thoughts, even though her body pressed against mine was prompting some of that, I mean all kinds of thoughts. By the time we reached Salem Center, I had made my mind up.

"Marie."

She took off her helmet and shook her hair loose. I wondered how long the silver would be in her hair.

"It's only ten thirty, Jubes and Kitty would cover for me during bed check an..."

I stopped her with a finger to her lips. She just looked up at me expectantly.

"I wanted to, umm, tell you that..."

"That's okay, ya don't hafta."

I paused and mulled that over. She could have been psychic. It was unnerving how she always tuned into what I was feeling.

"No, I gotta tell you. It's unfair for me to be dragging you back and forth without telling you that... well, that I love you."

I held my breath and I could tell she was thinking it over. But she didn't say anything. I was starting to get worried when she finally blinked and looked down at the floor all flushed. She wanted to say something, but for once Marie was speechless. I couldn't help but hold her.

"You don't have to say anything darling."

Then she straightened out quickly and gave me this smile.

"Ah wanna say it."

And there went my breathing again.

"Ah love you too."

She said it without looking up, but the resolve was all there. I think I smiled. I must have, because she smiled too. And then I knew I couldn't walk away. I kissed her, just for a second, but I kissed her. Tasted like the cherry lipgloss. I was lost. It was almost a half minute when she pulled back panting and dazed. I collapsed to my knees.

"Ohmigod, Logan!!"

I felt her try and hold me up. When the buzz in my head started to clear, I grasped her arms. She was close to tears again.

"Hey, hey, I'm alright."

She didn't look convinced. And then I felt like an ass again.

"You coulda been hurt."

Her tone was quiet and full of accusation.

"Darling, I was hurt."

She stepped back and I struggled to grab her before she ran off.

"Wait, it was a joke, I'm sorry."

"Ah can't do this Logan. Ah can't, Ah..."

I finally managed to get up on my own two feet and lunged after her. She struggled for a sec before giving in.

"I don't care. I love you remember."

She thought about that. I could tell when she was thinking.

"Ah don't wanna hurt you."

I eased over to her. The buzz in my head was completely gone now. I stepped forward until I was an inch away from her. She was tired I could tell, but I couldn't bare the thought of her thinking I was afraid of her. I moved in real slow. Bringing her into me, I buried myself in her neck and inhaled deeply. She was stiff for a minute before letting go.

Marie was now pliable in my arms and I crushed into her even more. Eventually, her hands went into my hair and I could feel the tension return into my body. I started kissing her neck. I wasn't planning on it, but how could I not? She moaned and I lost it. I pressed her into the side of a parked car in the garage. Her hands were all over me and I wanted her so bad. Right there, warm and moaning slightly, only I couldn't, she wasn't ready and fuck, neither was I.

I pulled back. She hated me for it I could tell, but how could I? It was Marie, my Marie, and she deserved better. I was gonna make sure I got better. For her. So I straightened out the bulge in my jeans and pulled her into a quick kiss before making our way upstairs. I could wait. You see, I had tomorrow to look forward to. That was what I repeated to myself in the cold shower that followed. Little did I know that tomorrow wouldn't fare any better, because tomorrow brought out the damn uniforms again.



She joined me for lunch - all smiles and silver still in her hair. And the uniform. Which was complete torture in the make-out session that followed. She let me touch her. Well, she really wanted me to touch her, it was I that held back. And it was hard. The stockings made her legs too smooth to run my hands over, the open front shirt too easy to slip a hand in to feel her breasts. A few minutes later she was gone and I had a whole lot of difficulty getting back to work. I was really beginning to dig that skirt.

But it wasn't over just then. After work came working out, which led to a whole other problem. And this one was actually worse, 'cause I could look but not touch. I had to settle for watching her bounce around in that black meshy thing and not say anything. My only redemption was digging into the Cajun. That kid got the hint quick though. He avoids Marie like the plague now. Who picked out those things anyway? Probably the same logic that led to the leather ones I bet.

And did you think we were through? Nope. Not even close. 'Cause then came the unofficial school uniform. The one every girl in the place stuck to religiously. The tight 'I have trouble sitting' jeans with the too short, too tight, too thin little T-shirts. Add long gloves and a thin scarf and then you have yourself sin incarnate. And sweet or not, that was what Marie was. What made it worse was that she didn't even seem to be aware of it. Which was a good thing considering I wouldn't want her to see how hard she made me just sitting close to me, smelling so good, and looking so sweet. And that was probably the worst uniform of all, because time wasn't an issue and neither was Scott and a gymfull of kids looking on.

We spent most evenings in the west end television room. The kids preferred the east wing one since it had a DVD and was loud as hell. So that left us pretty much alone in the east wing. Which was good and bad. Good because we watched old movies in black and white quietly without having to endure week-ass teen angst dramas. And bad because that led to her leaning in real close and kissing through shirts and feeling through jeans and panting and moaning and......a cold shower. It was the story of my life. Not that I'm complaining. I mean, I'd take Marie however she'd come, but it was torture. Agonizingly, sweet torture. Until it wasn't.

I was minding my own business when it happened. Honest. I didn't have a fucking clue. I was just working, cluelessly, when she snuck up on me. It was still mid-morning so I wasn't expecting her. Something about Jean not feeling well and letting class out early. I had long finished the roof job and was checking up on the industrial size dryers in the laundry room. They were the kind that large hotels used to dry linens and since Xavier's had about as many beds as any hotel, it was essential to keep them functional. I was partially in one, when I heard the click of her shoes.

I banged my head in an effort to see their origin as I climbed out. And she giggled. Anyone else, I would have shreaded, but my Marie laughing was a sight. But still, I couldn't very well get soft. Reputation remember? I yanked at her with a growl and she tumbled into my arms. That was a mistake. We had done it a zillion times. I think it was safe to say, I learned some control on the matter, but something about the way she moaned when I anchored my hands to her ass made me do a double take.

This was different. I might have been clueless about a whole lot, but that kind of response I understood. I pulled back immediately. Tinkered with my tools, spoke about some stupid shit, but she took it in stride. I guess she felt me well enough after all. I was asking her something, but she didn't answer me, so I turned to watch. She just walked over to the door and locked it, then over to one of the dryers, opened the huge glass door and yanked out a whole tangle of sheets and dropped them on the floor. I just watched. I wanted to move, but that would have been dangerous. So I watched.

Marie slipped off her shoes next and stepped onto the tangle of white sheets. Then came the buttons. Christ almighty, she just started unbuttoning. And I was still glued to a spot. At this point, she stepped forward wearing only a bra, a scarf, gloves and that damned skirt. I guess she figured I needed a little encouragement. Hooking her fingers to my belt loops, she pulled me forward and said something with a smile. I still can't remember what that was, but I know it was all the encouragement I needed.

Taking her up into my arms and kissing that girl for all she was worth, I lay her on the sheets. They were still warm from the drying, but that was nothing compared to the heat we were generating. Ten minutes later, she was writhing and clutching at my hair and screaming my name. And me? I was pretty much doing the same. I didn't have that much control. Plus control was over-rated.

You see, at some point age lost it's meaning to me. At first, I was stuck on the numbers. I had unconsciously held up her birthday like some sort of goal post. A date to live to. After she turned eighteen, it became the graduation date. Then it changed. Became all about Marie and me. Not what others thought, but how ready she was. And damn it, she was ready. Even with my healing factor, I had to pace myself to not fall through.

Eventually we had to leave. Even though I still have fond memories of that laundry room, there was only so many hours you could spend there. And afternoon training was coming up, which meant several things. Mainly that there were still two uniforms we had to work around - and god was I ever up to that challenge. Again Marie read my thoughts and took out the key she had in her shirt pocket. I recognized it as the key to Scooter's office in the gym. We had an hour before everyone showed up, so quickly redressing, we made a dash to the gyms. After all, we still had two uniforms to work around.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1227