The Lies You Tell Yourself by Catlin O'Connor
Summary: What is Rogue lying to herself about, and can Logan help her sort things out?
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: PWP
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1708 Read: 3363 Published: 04/14/2003 Updated: 04/14/2003

1. Chapter 1 by Catlin O'Connor

Chapter 1 by Catlin O'Connor
Author's Notes:
This was inspired by the moment in the movie when Logan and Storm are talking: he's telling her that there *is* a war coming, and asks her if she's sure she's on the right side. It wasn't the words, but the way he said it. Yum. Warning: This has basically *no* plot, just an excuse for some old-fashioned smut, and that can't be wrong, right? Also, in all of my fics thus far (including this one), Rogue has the ability to control her powers.
Rogue was in the library when she felt it. The tingle that started at the nape of her neck and worked its way down to her toes, lingering on her breasts and the juncture of her thighs. It could only mean one thing.

Logan.

Suddenly her heavy hair was pushed from her throat by a large, male hand and his hot breath puffed against her cheek. His mouth was close to her ear, and when he spoke, his lips rubbed against her earlobe. She had to suppress a shiver, though she was sure he knew his effect on her.

"What're you doing in here, baby?" he asked, and for a second she thought she felt his tongue trace the soft skin behind her ear.

Rogue released a shaky breath and answered a little too brightly, "Researching something for my next class."

She tried to turn and found she couldn't with his arms anchored as they were around her body, his hands splayed on her stomach. "Uh, what about you?"

"Why d'you think I'm here?" he asked silkily, and she knew that if she could see his eyes, they'd be glowing.

"Um, looking for a book?" she hazarded, knowing full well that wasn't even close to the truth.

He laughed, a low sexy chuckle that reverberated through his chest and sent liquid rushing through her body to pool between her thighs.

"Logan," she stammered, "you know I'm dating, uh, Remy."
And she cursed herself for forgetting his name, cursed that Logan could do that to her.

"So? You and the French fag fucked?"

"He's asked me to."

"And?"

At present, Logan's talented mouth was pressing moist kisses to her neck. Naturally it was difficult to concentrate on the conversation. Or breathing, for that matter.

"And I, um, said I'd think about it."

"What's to think about, darlin'? Either you want to or you don't."

"I don't know."

"Well, why don't I make you a deal."

Said the serpent to Eve, she thought, a trifle hysterically.

"Wh-what kind of deal?" she asked, tilting her head slightly to give him better access to her throat.

"You can't decide if you want to fuck him or not, so fuck me. Afterwards, you'll know if you really want him."

Don't even think about it, she cautioned herself. This is a one-way ticket to disaster.

But, another part of her reasoned, it's a good idea. I mean, if after having sex with Logan, you still want Remy, then it must be love. And if not, well then, at least you know what all the fuss is about, and you'll know how you really feel about Gambit. Seems very reasonable.

So she said, "And if I agree to this?"

He turned her around so fast her long hair flew in front of her eyes, shielding her face from him. Impatiently he shoved the thick, dark mass over her shoulders and leaned closer.

He was so close their mouths were touching. If she moved forward a millimetre they'd be kissing. "If you agree," he said slowly, pressed his mouth briefly to hers, "and afterwards you still choose him..."

She looked up at him, bringing their lips into full contact and he took full advantage, stroking her lips apart with his tongue, thrusting it into her mouth.

It was a shock, feeling that smooth appendage surging rhythmically inside her mouth, creating heat that built from deep inside, deep down, she felt indescribably sexual in that moment. Wholly sexual, a woman.

Boldly, she mimicked him, rubbing her tongue against his, pushing past his teeth, into his mouth. She explored the dark cavern, tasting beer and cigars and something hot and spicy that was pure man and all Logan. She moaned, deep in her throat and he sucked on her tongue, hard, then slowly broke away, trailing kisses down her throat, towards her breasts.

She tried to regain control of the conversation. "So if I - Oh!" she groaned as he tore her shirt off and rubbed his bristled jaw against the smooth skin of her bra-encased breasts. "Um, if I agree, you won't, Oh God yes, do that! Uh, and I pick, um, that other guy, you won't fight it?"

"Mmmm," he murmured against her chest and she felt the front-clasp bra give way under the force of his teeth. All thoughts were wiped clean from her mind; the only things she could think about were his tongue licking her breasts and his teeth gently biting her nipples, while his hands roamed under her skirt.

The incredible sensations flowing through her were almost unbearable and when he sucked her nipple into his mouth and grazed it with his teeth, she almost collapsed. Only his strong arms wrapped around her prevented the fall. He parted her thighs and his fingers slipped persuasively beneath the edge of her soaked white cotton panties.

One long finger stroked the slick folds, then eased inside. He plunged in and out, in and out, in a rhythm that should have been repetitive and yet wasn't, instead it was just, oh God, so good, so incredibly, orgasmically good.
"Oh God, yes Logan! More, more, Logan please!" she moaned incoherently.

He growled against her and he pulled out of her and she groaned in frustration at the sudden *lack* of whatever it was she needed, him, oh she needed him so badly!

And then she was flat on her back on the softly carpeted library floor, and her panties and skirt had disappeared, and he was on top of her, naked as she was.
He took her mouth in a kiss as old and wanton as the twining of their tongues, and she could feel something building inside her, something that was so strong and so powerful and nothing could quench that desire but him.

She wrapped her legs around his waist, and he seemed to understand what she was trying to say, because she felt a thickness surge between her legs, so much larger than his fingers. For a moment she was afraid, then she remembered who she was with and she relaxed. Logan. He would never hurt her.

She felt like she was being stretched, and it wasn't painful, not as painful as she'd been led to believe it would be, instead it was a little different, a delicious sensation of being filled at last.

Rogue tried to communicate this to him by stroking his buttocks and pressing him more firmly to her, and he groaned against her mouth and thrust inside, deep deep inside. And there was a brief pinch, then he was there, all the way there, everywhere. And he was thrusting his hips, rotating them and she could feel the volcano that bubbled and smoldered finally erupt and he must have felt it too because there was a gush of hot wet lava and she was sent into perfect, beautiful oblivion.

She awoke to the feeling of being completely and utterly fulfilled, satisfied beyond anything she could've ever imagined. And her lover lay beside her, wrapping a white strand of her hair around his forefinger. The same finger that had so recently been inside her... She couldn't help it. She blushed.

Logan grinned lazily and kissed her again, his tongue tracing a pattern on hers and pulling away before she could define it.
There was no way she could have responded to him like that unless she'd been in love with him. Then and now, she realized and almost hit herself for not knowing it sooner.

She scrounged up every ounce of courage she had and asked, "Logan? If, after this," she indicated their naked bodies, "I'd decided to stay with Remy, would you have let me go?"

He snorted. "And you're supposed to be so smart."

She sent him a pained look. "Logan..."

"What makes you think I ever agreed to something that stupid?"

Rogue was flabbergasted. "But-but, you said..."

"No, I didn't. I would never say anything as fucking ridiculous as that."

"Ridiculous?" she repeated weakly.

"Baby, the deal is, you're mine. You've always been mine, you always will be. Nothing you could've said or done would have changed that. Besides, you love me, I love you, nothing else matters."

She smiled and touched his perfect, perfect mouth. He loved her, she loved him. Nothing else mattered.

"I do love you, you know," she told him seriously. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. "It just took me a while to realize it."

"I know. In between thinking you were in love with the idiot. You going to be telling yourself any more lies, baby?" he asked, running his finger over her ribcage, skating dangerously close to her breasts.

"No, from now on, all the lies I tell myself will be true."

He chuckled and shook his head, and she kissed him and they soon forgot all about the conversation and concentrated on each other instead, not concerning themselves about lies or something far more worrying that they'd have to think about the next day. For after that long night of hot sex, Logan and Rogue would definitely have to buy the library a new carpet.

Not inspired by the song, but the title comes from it, and it's a great song that I listened to while writing it, so here it is:



Song For Holly
by Esthero/Danny Saber

I can make you want me
I can make you think you need me, too...
I can reassure you that all your lies you tell yourself are true...

And if you won't let me go
I'm just harder to hold, no
I'll never let you gain control, no, no...

I'm not myself lately
I'm not even sure I know me
But I'm worth more than my name
And all the lies I tell myself are true...

You can try but it's never enough with you behind me
Because when push comes to shove, I fall
And it's my turn to handle myself now

And if you won't let me go
I'm just harder to hold, no
I'll never let you gain control...
and you can say you want me...
And if you won't let me go
I'm just harder to hold, no
I'll never let you gain control, no, no...
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1188