But it Happened by Funkiechick
Summary: Cut down the Logan/Rogue age difference and even more sparks fly...
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1059 Read: 1769 Published: 03/24/2005 Updated: 03/24/2005

1. But it Happened by Funkiechick

But it Happened by Funkiechick
Author's Notes:
(Okay! So I had the guts to write a Wolverine and Rogue fic. DON'T FLAME ME PLEASE! Yes, Wolvie is six years older than Rogue -- I looked it up before I actually wrote this to make sure.)
Rogue's POV:

It wasn't supposed to have happened. He was supposed to have a "thing," an "attraction"...maybe even a love for Jean Grey. And everyone thought he did. Cyclops, Jean Grey, Professor Xavier, Storm and even myself. He was the only one who thought and knew, that he didn't.

I was happy. Beyond words. Bobby was nice and all but he was him. Bobby was, well, a bit of a naïve guy, who didn't know what he was falling in love with when he got a crush on me. I was flattered, yeah, but still... He wasn't him.

"Him" as I am referring him to, is a man. Bobby is a boy. "Him" is strong, amusing, dependant, loyal, handsome, and romantic even. He was the first mutant I ever met.

I remember the train. He came to get me. I thought it was just a brother thing he felt for me. I never expected him to put his arm around me and convert me. Tell me it was all fine, and people understood. He promised me he would take care of me. To this day he has. When I returned to school, yes, a few people were cruel to me. Some accused me of seducing "Him" when I was waking him up from his bad dream.

He shouted at them all. I remember "HEY ROGUE! I hear you tried to get down on that guy whose powers you sucked out! What kind of slut are you?" a boy of about 16...two years younger than me...had shouted. He laughed until "Him" had grabbed him by his shirt and hoisted him in the air.

"Rogue didn't do anything to me, you asshole. You stay away from her. Anyone who wants to even TOUCH her has to get through me." He chucked the boy to the ground, grabbed hold of my hand (both my hands had gloves) and stalked off, dragging me behind him.

It was that day that I started pondering if he loved me. But I quickly hoisted those thoughts from my brain. He loved Jean Grey I thought.

Until he kissed me.

Logan.



Wolverine/Logan's POV:

Yeah I kissed "her."

Everyone thought I was in love with Jean. No. I wasn't in "LOVE" with her. Sure, I thought she was beautiful. But "Her"...she was beautiful too. I refer to her as "her" and such. I think of myself as unworthy of her -- I still do. But that wont stop me from loving her.

At first I thought she was like a sister to me, though I found it weird to be thinking romantically about a sister. I couldn't help but grin every time I saw her face; when she said "What kind of a name is Wolverine?" No one EVER talked to me like that. Except "Her."

I remember Jean's words. "I think she's quite taken with you." I wanted to shout out "YES! OH YEAH! I'M TAKEN WITH HER TOO, GODDAMNIT!" But did I? No. I was an asshole. At the time, I thought my heart should belong to Jean. 1) Because Jean was about a year older than me. 2) To bug Cyclops and 3) She was sophisticated and kind. But I knew as soon as I said "My heart belongs to someone else" I wanted to shoot myself. My heart doesn't belong to Jean. It belongs to "Her."

Yeah it happened. I kissed her. I remember the exact conversation. She had gotten the flu, and I went in to see her. I kneeled by her bed:

"Hey kid, how ya doin'?" I asked.

"Fine, a lot better," she replied smiling. My heart had jolted. Her hands were gloved like they always were. I knew she hated having to conceal her skin like some freak, when it was smooth. Corny, I know, but hey. I took hold of her gloved hand. I saw her blush.

"Out of interest, what's with you and that...erm...Bobby guy?" I asked.

She looked surprised out of my question. "I know he has a crush on me but I like mature guys. I think it's cute if, like, the guy is about four years older," she said smiling. She had grown a lot of fire and spunk. I met her when she was 18. She was 21.

"How about six years?" I asked.

"That's a good age too! Four to six. Why?" she asked, looking cute as ever. I grinned.

"I'm 27," I stated simply.

It took her two seconds to calculate the equation that I was simply six years older than her. It took her awhile to understand my meaning. She blushed a deep crimson. "Really? Th-that's neat .*cough*" She looked away, still blushing. I held her hand tighter.

"Why do I make you so uncomfortable, kid? It's not like I'm gonna hurt ya or anything. Geez," I stated. I cursed at myself. I sounded like an asshole.

"Well, er, I..."

"Kid, you said the first guy you kissed went into a coma. How long?"

"Three weeks."

"So any guy...or mutant, like myself or Bobby, if they kissed you, how long would that mutant be in a coma?" I asked her. She didn't understand what I was getting at, so she answered innocently.

"Maybe about a week or two. Unless they have healing powers, like yours. They could heal themselves," she smiled. I loved her smile.

"I think I'll risk it," I said. Before she could say anything I leaned in and kissed her.

...

Now I'm in the hospital ward. Jean checking up on me. Only Storm knows what happened. She trusted her enough to tell her about our kiss. Professor X found out too. He could tell by how happy I looked. I was ecstatic.

Wanna know why?

She had kissed me back. I was positively bubbly. Not my usual dick self. Jean raised an eyebrow at me as she examined me.

"You seem awfully happy," she said.

"Well yeah..." I said. She didn't ask any more questions.

It wasn't supposed to happen

I wasn't supposed to fall in love with her

Rogue or should I call her Marie? Either way, I love her so much it hurts.



Rogue's POV:

It wasn't supposed to happen

He wasn't supposed to fall in love me.



Rogue' and Wolverine's POV:

But it happened .

And we couldn't be happier.

END
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1129