A Million Dollars by ataventure
Summary: It's time to play a little game...
Categories: AU, Comicverse Characters: None
Genres: Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 633 Read: 1939 Published: 03/01/2007 Updated: 03/01/2007

1. Chapter 1 by ataventure

Chapter 1 by ataventure
Author's Notes:
Inspirational credit to the creators of "Office Space" and the Barenaked Ladies.
***

Rogue flopped back down onto the sofa, spilling a bit of Dr. Pepper onto the floor. She scowled briefly and snuggled in beside Logan, who muttered to himself about personal space. Scott and Jean, however, had foregone the idea of personal space and had crowded onto a leather bean bag on the floor. Kitty and Jubes tossed playing cards at one another in a rousing game of Spoons.

“What would you do if you had a million dollars?” Rogue mused, her eyes shifting to Jubes. She swigged a sip of soda from the bottle.
“Hm, I’d invest it.” Scott answered, moving all eyes towards him. He slung his arms tighter around Jean’s waist, though even she had cocked an eyebrow in surprise.
“You’re a turd, One-Eye.” Logan scowled, flicking ash into a cardboard tissue box.
“It’s the smart thing to do, Logan. Then it’ll be there when Jean and I retire.”
“Aw, Scott, that’s so thoughtful!” Jean beamed and smooched Scott’s cheek.
“I think I’m gonna be ill,” Logan bristled.

“Well, if I had a million dollars, I’d take us all to Disneyworld! That’d be badass!” Jubes piped up to avoid watching Jean and Scott break out into a snuggle-fest.
“Really, Jubes? That’d be sweet! We should go right now!” Kitty squealed, dropping her cards as though they might jump up to pack immediately.
“Man, you all suck at this game.” Logan smirked devilishly, slinking an arm around Rogue’s waist as though no one would notice.
“Shut up Logan, you haven’t even answered yet.” Rogue pouted beside him.
“You wouldn’t like it if I did.”
“Really? Try me.”
“C’mon, give it your best shot. What would you possibly due with a million dollars? Spend it all on cigars and beer? Buy a hooker? A new trailer for your truck?” Scott piped up, dropping his hands briefly from Jean’s waist.
“Nope.”

Rogue shook her head, shrugging off Logan’s arm and wiggling down to the end of the couch. Logan shrugged and took another swig of his beer.
“Well, since Logan is too much of a shit to answer the damn question, I will. If I had a million dollars, I’d finally go to Alaska like I always wanted to. And I wouldn’t take you.” Rogue stuck out her tongue at the clawed companion on the opposite end of the sofa.
“Pathetic. I thought you had an imagination, darlin’.”
“Bite me.”

Logan put out the stub of his cigar and sat the empty beer bottle on the coffee table. With a resounding sigh, he leaned back into the sofa cushions and dressed his face in a grin so smug it could hardly be contained, even by a wolverine.
“Alright, I’ll prove how much you all suck at this game. Ask me again.”
“Fine. Logan, what would you do if you had a million dollars?”
“Two chicks at the same time.”

Jaws dropped as hands flew into the air in exclamation. Rogue slid off the couch, nearly losing her balance and falling onto the floor.
“WHAT?!” They all asked him, simultaneously screeching. Anger boiled in Rogue’s tough but timid green eyes. Jubilee’s playing cards fell from her hand and scattered on the floor. Jean’s eyes grew to the size of saucers.
“Did I stutter? Two chicks at the same time.” Logan repeated, grinning demonically.
“Now I’m gonna be ill.” Rogue rolled her eyes, sitting down on the coffee table.
“Which chicks?” Scott piped up, eyes wide with curiosity.
“Scott!” Jean snapped back at him, getting to her feet.
“You’re a dick, Wolvie.”
“You know you love it.”
“We need a new game…” Kitty sighed, throwing the cards back together.

***
End.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1074