Wrong Way by ValTif
Summary: After where the movie ends, Logan and Marie reflect on one another.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 836 Read: 1326 Published: 02/28/2001 Updated: 02/28/2001

1. Chapter 1 by ValTif

Chapter 1 by ValTif
Author's Notes:
Song belongs to Creed: "Wrong Way"
~~What makes you touch?
What makes you feel?
What makes you stop and smell the roses in an open field?
What makes you unclean?~~

~~Yeah, Yeah~~


Logan gave himself another mental kick. Since he had left Xavier's he couldn't get his mind off of Marie. And the thoughts weren't ones he should be having of a seventeen-year old girl.

He couldn't get her face out of his thoughts. He was still fighting his urge to turn back around and go back to the school just to see her. He had to find out what was at Alkali Lake and see if he could learn more about himself. Then, he vowed, he would go back to the school and see his little Marie.

He shook his head. He had only known her for a week and he was already more attached to her than he was with anyone else that he could remember. He was more attached to her than he was to Jean, the woman who had taken prominence in his mind when he was back at the school. She had been pushed away by a full head of brown and white hair and twinkling brown eyes.

When he'd given her his dog tags and said that he'd be back for them, he really meant that he'd be back for her. And he was hoping that it wouldn't be much longer before he got to the military base and back to the school. Back to home. He couldn't believe that he already thought of the school as home.

He was sure if was only because his Marie was there. He mentally kicked himself again at the possessiveness of his thought. He just had to stop thinking that way. At least until she was legal. Maybe he was just letting the news of her crush on him get to him...make him think that he had feelings for her. As much as he hoped for that, he knew it wasn't true. And part of him didn't want it to be true.

He would see her soon. It wasn't much longer until he'd reach Alkali Lake Military Base and then it would be only a short time until he was back with Marie.

~~What makes you laugh?
What makes you cry?
What makes our youth run
From the thought that we might die?
What makes you bleed?~~

~~Yeah, Yeah~~


Marie leaned her head against the cool glass of the window, looking out into the dark. It was raining again, which fit in well with her mood. She missed Logan, more and more every day. He had called a few times, but he didn't talk long, anxious to get back on the road.

She sighed, wishing once again that he were on his way home. She knew that everyone in the school thought that her feelings for Logan were just a little crush, but she knew otherwise. She knew that it wasn't just some crush. He almost died to save her. As far as she knew, he was the only person she knew who would touch him not only once, but twice. Which was the number of times that he had saved her life. It wasn't just a hero complex that she had toward him. It was real.

Everyone had been trying to cheer her up, but they just couldn't do it. She knew that only Logan could. Whether it was a phone call or whether he was here, home. At least she was happy once in a while. That's what counted. And she'd be happy for the rest of her life if he came back to the school, whether he was with her or with someone else, as long as he was at the school safe and sound, she'd be happy.

As she stared out into the night, she felt it in her bones. She knew that it wouldn't be much longer until he was back. It was only a matter of time.

~~Somebody told me the wrong way
What if I died?
What did I give?
I hope it was an answer so you might live
I hope I helped you live
I hope I helped you live~~

~~Yeah, Yeah~~


Logan pulled into the parking lot of a motel. He needed to get some rest. His mind being stuck on the 24-hour "All Marie, All the Time" channel was taking a lot out of him. He hoped that she was all right and that the geeks were taking good care of her.

Walking into his rented room he looked at the clock. It was too late to call Marie, though he wanted nothing else than to call her. He'd do that in the morning. After all she needed her sleep. He turned and looked out the window that faced southeast, the direction she was in and vowed to her that he would be home soon. It wasn't much longer until he was at the Military Base and then he could head home.

~~Somebody told me the wrong way~~
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1066