An invitation, a wedding, and a shock by Shadowlady
Summary: Rogue gets invited to a wedding.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Humor, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1008 Read: 3039 Published: 02/24/2007 Updated: 02/24/2007

1. Chapter 1 by Shadowlady

Chapter 1 by Shadowlady
Peeling the lip back on the envelope in her hand Rogue wondered who would send her a fancy letter. Pulling the thin card from the envelope she stared at what was obviously a wedding invitation.

To Rogue:

You are cordially invited to St. Joseph on The Waters Church Saturday 16th at nine am to participate in the nuptials of Mr. L Canadian and Miss. M Rogue. Attire will be arriving no later than Wednesday 13 in the a.m.

Look forward to seeing you there.


Rogue frowned at the card before she tossed it on to her desk. She wasn’t going to any wedding no matter how nice the invitation.

“Rogue you have a delivery.” Storm said stepping into the room and holding a black garment bag. “Apparently it’s to go with an invitation you received.”

“Thanks.” Rogue took it and hung it up. Sitting on her bed she chewed on her lip as she stared at it before cursing and jumping off the bed. A quick, ruthless down strike of her hand had the zipper opened to reveal a beautiful white dress.

Lifting it out of the garment bag she stared at the silk even as she felt her body begin to tremble. The dress was simple, elegant, something she would have bought and was clearly intended to be worn at a wedding.

Someone had obviously taken a great deal of time to discover the information they needed to ensure that she went to the wedding. “I guess if I want to know who sent it I’m gonna have to be at the wedding.” She muttered quickly and hung the dress up again.

She had three days until the wedding and she was determined to find out who had sent her the dress, invitation, and the expectations that she be there.



Pulling the sheer white wrap a bit tighter Rogue stepped out of the limo and stared at the beautiful antique church before her. A glance around revealed few cars beyond the limo. “Are you sure this is the place?” She asked.

“Yes ma’am. I was instructed to bring you here by my employer.” The driver declared and walked around the car to park it.

With a hard exhale Rogue stared up the steps. She paused when she got inside the doors and glanced around. There were no familiar faces and she wondered why someone had gone to the lengths…

“Miss Rogue?” A distinctly chipper voice had her glancing to her right to see a slight woman with bright pink hair approaching her.

“Yes?”

“Come this way. You’re right on time.”

“Uh not to be…”

“Oh no questions. I have instructions that say you might be asking questions about the changes and I can’t explain them. Frankly I’m as confused as you are.”

The woman ushered Rogue into a room where a vaguely familiar woman stood primping her hair. A warm smile and the small beautiful bouquet of lilies and magnolias were thrust into her hands. A moment later the sound of the organ coming to life had Rogue opening her mouth to protest even as she was ushered out of the room.

Half pushed; half tugged she found herself before the closed doors and wondered what kind of joke this was. The doors were opened by two tuxedoed men and she glanced around. A moment later she was being ushered through the doors and walking up the aisle toward a tall, dark haired man who faced the preacher.

“Uh don’t you think the bride should be here?” she whispered to the girl beside her only to get an odd look.

Smiling brightly the girl patted her arm and all but dragged her into place.

Staring at the preacher Rogue barely heard what was being said, instead she stood there silently counting the seconds until she could explode.

“You may kiss the bride.” Jerking out of her trance Rogue opened her mouth to protest. Instead she found a sheer corner of her wrap across her mouth and her mind swimming as she was kissed.

Tensing she wondered at the familiarity of the kiss even as little things began to click. The taste of old bourbon, tobacco. The smell of leather and spruce. The warmth radiating from the man kissing her so passionately. All painted a picture she wasn’t too sure she was experiencing.

Pulling back slightly she stared into warm, hazel eyes that laughed back at her. “Okay now I know I’m dreaming.” She muttered even as she felt herself being tugged toward the doors.

“I’ll explain everything on the way to the airport.” The familiar growl echoed in her ears and she nodded. Oh he would be explaining things…if she didn’t decide to kill him before he was finished.


To: Charles Xavier

Dear sir, I do appreciate your assistance in the recent nuptials. I am saddened that you were unable to be there. It was a beautiful ceremony for both Mr. Canadian and Miss. Rogue. I have known Logan for many years and have to say he looked dashing in the tuxedo and the gown she wore was beautiful. I’m enclosing pictures for you to see.

Sincerely yours: Ms. R. Dwight, wedding planner.


Charles pulled out the photographs and stared at the young couple staring back at him.

“Oh my God!” He gasped as he stared down at Logan and Rogue. They looked happy, relaxed…totally at ease considering they were both dressed in formal wedding attire. “I don’t believe this!”

“Believe what?” Scott asked glancing up from where he sat going over the requisition forms.

Charles glanced at him. “He married her.”

“Who?” Scott gaped at the picture Charles held up before cracking a grin. “Twenty bucks say you have to give them their own place.”

“Twenty bucks say I just soundproof their suite!”

“You’re on!”

Chuckling the two men stared at the wedding photograph. No one had even known about Logan’s little plan…including Rogue obviously.

The end.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=1038